The "Complaints 'R' Us, complaint thread"

Comments

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,189
    edited February 2018
    kyoto kid said:
    DanaTA said:

It must be a good Sunday for everyone, No complaints for hours!

Dana

...got two.

...bus was 10 min late on a late Sunday evening risking missing the last tram to my neighboruhood.

...had to deal with a person on the tram who was looking to get into some sort of sociopolitical discussion with me while it was lat, I was tired from a full day, and just wanted to get home.  Could barely hear her as she spoke very quiet and was drowned drowned by the noise of the tram and my tinnitus (truth).  Tried to keep informing her that I was catching maybe about every other word at best (also truth) but to little avail.

Ancient wisdom:  When mouth is open, ears are closed.

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • NVIATWAS said:

I seen to have made a tactical error. :-/

I have a full box of Morning Thunder tea, so I figured I'd drink on it and save my Mint Magic and Earl Grey.

Three cups later, I have a raging caffiene buzz and am no longer sleepy in any shape, form, or fashion. :-|

Now drinking plain water and hot water with lemon juice.  At least I'm being useful, splitting my change bag into pennies+nickles and dimes+quarters.  Looks like about twenty-one bucks so far.  That's enough for food to get me to when I make my first Craigslist sale! :-)

Maybe I should jog around the block nakey wheeeeeeeeee... :-O

If I have more than one cup of regular tea every morning for several days then try to quit, I'll get caffiene withdrawal by evening the next day.  It feels like my brain is being squeezed through a bag of cheesecloth..frown  Lasts for at least a day.  Then I start all over with tea the next morning.  Wheeee, fun! devil

• NVIATWASNVIATWAS Posts: 1,242
    edited February 2018
    NVIATWAS said:

I have a full box of Morning Thunder tea, so I figured I'd drink on it and save my Mint Magic and Earl Grey.

Three cups later, I have a raging caffiene buzz and am no longer sleepy in any shape, form, or fashion. :-|

Now drinking plain water and hot water with lemon juice.  At least I'm being useful, splitting my change bag into pennies+nickles and dimes+quarters.  Looks like about twenty-one bucks so far.  That's enough for food to get me to when I make my first Craigslist sale! :-)

If I have more than one cup of regular tea every morning for several days then try to quit, I'll get caffiene withdrawal by evening the next day.  It feels like my brain is being squeezed through a bag of cheesecloth..frown  Lasts for at least a day.  Then I start all over with tea the next morning.  Wheeee, fun! devil

I have the same bloody issue! Within 24 hours of not geting SOME kind of caffiene my head tries to kill me and my shoulder muscles start stabbing.  { then fall asleep, and about 8 hours later I'm fine.. until my nexy caffienated drink.

Then, yeah, rinse and repeat. :-/

Post edited by NVIATWAS on
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,026
    kyoto kid said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

...got two.

...bus was 10 min late on a late Sunday evening risking missing the last tram to my neighboruhood.

...had to deal with a person on the tram who was looking to get into some sort of sociopolitical discussion with me while it was lat, I was tired from a full day, and just wanted to get home.  Could barely hear her as she spoke very quiet and was drowned drowned by the noise of the tram and my tinnitus (truth).  Tried to keep informing her that I was catching maybe about every other word at best (also truth) but to little avail.

My late Dad's take on the subject: "Son, nobody ever learned anything by talking."

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,026
    edited February 2018

I went without caffeine for a week once. I couldn't keep my eye(s) open. So...

Post edited by TJohn on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,093
    ps1borg said:
    Mistara said:

beep beep

For some reason we say MEEP MEEP idk why :0

That's the way it's done in the cartoons as well, meep meep.  Love Warner Bros. toons!

Dana

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,597
    ps1borg said:
    kyoto kid said:
    Mistara said:

theres no beer in rootbeer,  juliette echo echo zulu  what a scam

...there are actually "hard" root beers.  Not a recent trend either.

Is it like ginger beer?

...sort of except tastes just like...Root Beer. Most I've seen are around the 5% range

My Favourite strong Ginger Beer is Fentimans.

NVIATWAS said:
    ps1borg said:
    NVIATWAS said:
    Mistara said:

the goats?  forgot already 

No goats here! I am feeling sheepish, it's shear agony, I'm such a wooly bully... :-P

Pharaohs! And Sam The Sham

Matty told Hatty

About a  thing she saw

Two big horns and a wooly jaw...

Two big horns and a Wooly LOACH!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clown_loach

Botias forever!!! >-)))))))>

...hmm I wonder if there is a 3D Loach

edited February 2018
    NVIATWAS said:
    NVIATWAS said:

I have the same bloody issue! Within 24 hours of not geting SOME kind of caffiene my head tries to kill me and my shoulder muscles start stabbing.  { then fall asleep, and about 8 hours later I'm fine.. until my nexy caffienated drink.

...was really rough when I still drank a lot of coffee (as in one of  those big Stanley thermoses full like I did when I was still doing my radio show).   Felt like I had the entire Milwaukee Drop Forge Hammer shop in my head (all 4 large hammers going at once).  Years later the acid became an issue with digestion and had to stop that was no fun. 

Then re-discovered black teas, much gentler on the digestion (I've had "Morning Buffalo" as I called it, yeah that's strong stuff).  Now I usually get a certain brand of English tea (not Twinings as what is sold here in the States is geared more to American tastes) and brew strong British style tea every the morning which does very well.  I still drink coffee but only on occasion and usually in the afternoon after I've already had something to eat. (and no where near as much as I used to).

fluttrby coffee.jpg
    480 x 702 - 33K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,189
    edited February 2018

Complaint:  I have nothing to complain about today. frown

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on

...Complaint,  Winter trying to give us a backhand slap today with a high only in the mid 40 and low tomorrow morning of 28°.  After a few "seasonable" days it will be back to winter-like temperatures again by the weekend with possible chance of frozen water from the sky Saturday night into Sunday. Ugh.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776

Morning. Big bright blue sky promising some heat later in the day but right now is as pleasant as it can be after a couple of days relief from this summer’s big hot. Only down side is our garden still smells like seaweed from all the kelp sludge we pumped into it a couple of weeks ago ;)

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    Tjohn said:
    kyoto kid said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

...got two.

My late Dad's take on the subject: "Son, nobody ever learned anything by talking."

Was my big takeaway from university, must be something to do with empty pots making the most noise, as my gran used to say :)

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,735

ComplaintsMy video app is acting up.  I lost my ID.

Non complaint I restarted the video app and it seems to be working again.  Wish I knew how much time I have left in my movie I started

complaint, it feels like my clothes are too tight.  They were not too tight before I ate my dinner.  The shirt is brand new I think unless that store sold me a used top.

ComplaintsMy video app is acting up.  I lost my ID.

Non complaint I restarted the video app and it seems to be working again.  Wish I knew how much time I have left in my movie I started

complaint, it feels like my clothes are too tight.  They were not too tight before I ate my dinner.  The shirt is brand new I think unless that store sold me a used top.

I spoke too soon.  Or typed too soon.  I am unable to play the movie I wanted to finish.

Tjohn said:

I went without caffeine for a week once. I couldn't keep my eye(s) open. So...

Sounds like me.  I'm going to have to restart if I have any hope of normal hours... :-/

kyoto kid said:
    NVIATWAS said:
    ps1borg said:
    NVIATWAS said:
    Mistara said:

the goats?  forgot already 

No goats here! I am feeling sheepish, it's shear agony, I'm such a wooly bully... :-P

Pharaohs! And Sam The Sham

Matty told Hatty

About a  thing she saw

Two big horns and a wooly jaw...

Two big horns and a Wooly LOACH!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clown_loach

Botias forever!!! >-)))))))>

...hmm I wonder if there is a 3D Loach

I've seen one once on Turbo Squid, for like $90!! Far more expensive than the real thing... :-|..but then, you don't need to feed it earthworm pellets and brine shrimp!

You can stub your toe or run into a wall, that'll fix that. :-O

ps1borg said:

Morning. Big bright blue sky promising some heat later in the day but right now is as pleasant as it can be after a couple of days relief from this summer’s big hot. Only down side is our garden still smells like seaweed from all the kelp sludge we pumped into it a couple of weeks ago ;)

Seaweed! Make dashi or roll up some dead fish in it!!!

kyoto kid said:
    NVIATWAS said:
    NVIATWAS said:

...was really rough when I still drank a lot of coffee (as in one of  those big Stanley thermoses full like I did when I was still doing my radio show).   Felt like I had the entire Milwaukee Drop Forge Hammer shop in my head (all 4 large hammers going at once).  Years later the acid became an issue with digestion and had to stop that was no fun. 

Then re-discovered black teas, much gentler on the digestion (I've had "Morning Buffalo" as I called it, yeah that's strong stuff).  Now I usually get a certain brand of English tea (not Twinings as what is sold here in the States is geared more to American tastes) and brew strong British style tea every the morning which does very well.  I still drink coffee but only on occasion and usually in the afternoon after I've already had something to eat. (and no where near as much as I used to).

When I can afford it I get strong Chinese tea - there's this stuff called Iron Goddess tea, it'll put starch in your shorts for sure!  A decent oolong is good too, and definitely easier on the tummy.

NVIATWAS said:

You can stub your toe or run into a wall, that'll fix that. :-O

Or we can take this mallet and ask where would you like to complain about?

The mallet is real.

Blech. Finally fell asleep at 7:20am, now it's about 6:30pm.. really need to watch the Morning Thunder.  Next time I'll buy a decent instant coffee and some powdered linoleum erm powdered creamer. :-P

Cold out, 40f right now, low tonight 38f.  Rain for the next few days and in the upper 40f to mid 60fs until Thursday, when it's supposed to be sunny and 71f.  Good day to try and turn my change bags into grocery money at the coin-counting machine!  I adjusted my prosthesis and it fits better now, just not sure I'm up for a mile and a half one-way walk.  There's a bus three blocks up a hill and a day pass is now just $2.50.. but if I walk I can use my chair cane and rest whenever and wherever I want.  Will decide Thursday. :-|

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

watching Psych season 1, is a cute show

makin me want to move to santa barbara

they dont have earthquakes in santa barbara?

I do not want to go to bed yet, as I want to watch a movie.

Mistara said:

...yes they do.  A 6.8 Magnitude quake occurred there in 1925 which caused heavy damage to the downtown area. Last year the area a series of small quaked during April and May the strongest being 4.1.

A fault known as the Ventura-Pitas Point Fault runs beneath the cities of Santa Barbara and Goleta.  Recent scientific data gathered indicate that it is capable of spawning an quake as strong as the San Andrea as it has been discovered to be closer to the surface.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited February 2018
    kyoto kid said:
    Mistara said:

...yes they do.  A 6.8 Magnitude quake occurred there in 1925 which caused heavy damage to the downtown area. Last year the area a series of small quaked during April and May the strongest being 4.1.

A fault known as the Ventura-Pitas Point Fault runs beneath the cities of Santa Barbara and Goleta.  Recent scientific data gathered indicate that it is capable of spawning an quake as strong as the San Andrea as it has been discovered to be closer to the surface.

oh no.  oh well, the rents there are dikkulous >.<

thr psych show keeps showing aerial views, santa barbara looks so niiiice

Post edited by Mistara on
    edited February 2018

...yeah the entire Left Coast of North America coast  from Alaska, to British Columbia down to Southern California is pretty much under the threat or quakes and tsunamis as it lies along the eastern rim of what is known as the "Ring of Fire).  Up where I am the big threat is the Cascadia Subduction Fault, about 60 - 70 miles offshore, where the the Juan De Fuca Plate submerging under the North American Plate. It is expected it could generate a mega quake that could be stronger than 9.0 as well as a massive tsunami that would lay waste to the Washington/Oregon coast and even wash up the Columbia River as well as into Puget Sound.

The region is also home to a number of dormant volcanoes Including Mt Baker, Mt. Rainer, Mt. St Helens, Mt. Adams, and Mt Hood. all with a history of and potential to erupt. MT Hood is only 53 miles form Portland.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    Mistara said:

Santa Barbara is beautiful, lots of shopping and restaurants, commuter train into L.A., nice beaches.

Expensive as Hell, and yes they get quakes.  Plenty of faults in the L.A. area. :-O

kyoto kid said:

...yeah the entire Left Coast of North America coast  from Alaska, to British Columbia down to Southern California is pretty much under the threat or quakes and tsunamis as it lies along the eastern rim of what is known as the "Ring of Fire).  Up where I am the big threat is the Cascadia Subduction Fault, about 60 - 70 miles offshore, where the the Juan De Fuca Plate submerging under the North American Plate. It is expected it could generate a mega quake that could be stronger than 9.0 as well as a massive tsunami that would lay waste to the Washington/Oregon coast and even wash up the Columbia River as well as into Puget Sound.

The region is also home to a number of dormant volcanoes Including Mt Baker, Mt. Rainer, Mt. St Helens, Mt. Adams, and Mt Hood. all with a history of and potential to erupt. MT Hood is only 53 miles form Portland.

I've bought future beachside property in Nevada.  Invest now! :-P

...well supposedly the most geologically "safest" places to go are places I wouldn't want to live (Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah, and most certainly, Wisconsin), Guess I'll continue playing the odds out here.

This discussion has been closed.