Llola Lane’s RENDER A MONTH Challenge 2018 CLOSED

Comments

• deeleelaw57deeleelaw57 Posts: 1,478

Thank you bigh and Llola Lane.

Llola Lane I don't believe we should be lax this month, we should go bat crazy

mach25 thanks for the info, on 6.28 I will order 2 pi large with the works

xmasrose, you should also order 2 large loaded pizzas on 6.28 from one of those chains that deliver in 15 minutes or less, but order them from a storer in another city.

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,075
    mach25 said:

many great renders here,today when I read "shape up",its sounds more like hexagon thread,shaping up a model from a cube,or make shefreak morph for aiko,or other athletic figure morph for v8

I want to make a flag animation first

@deeleelaw57

its too late for pi day (date 3.14),but as you have many two+ pi in there,there will soon be twopi day 6.28

@Llola

wow you already posted your interpretation of months challenge, a "pie chart" that is used to show statistics,just import it to some 3d program and add some bevel,perspective,cool landscape surroundings...

smiley

Good idea Mach... I'll leave that for you though.. ;)  I have a few ideas.. hummmmm

• mach25mach25 Posts: 256
    edited June 2018
    mach25 said:

Good idea Mach... I'll leave that for you though.. ;)  I have a few ideas.. hummmmm

Thanks,need a theme,maybe percentage of fun for different things in 3d

Or maybe the joy of different stages of making art,from idea to final art+the joy of people likes it

Mach

Post edited by mach25 on

ordering pizza's when making art is great as long you dont wreck your computer with some beverage,gives more time to make art,instead of cooking and dishes

I have heard few people wrecked computer with beverage,but I don't know if you can accidently fry a wacom used for texturemaking,putting a hot pizza on it?

the different parts are just made random sized and not what I think is my percentage of fun,just an idea for this months theme,almost entirely made in hexagon

Mach

piechartDSrender1.jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 576K

mach25, looks like you had fun with your fun idea, very nice

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,802

mach25 that a great idea! very nice

I managed a render as well, this is one in my Angkor Wat series but this time I added some gifts for the Apsara dancing goddess with a Pie formed lilly pad and two slices of some delicious cake or the like. I admit I had to bend the rule for the pie a little, i hope its still ok.

I think it it a great render Linwelly. I bend my doctors rules every time I check out the pie.

• mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152
    edited June 2018

As long as the rule still bends, it's not broken, is it? ;)

Still have to get my act together, but the brain says no.

EDIT: Ah, and on a quest for a pie, this happened. A pie can't be anything but pie-shaped, can it? Would have loved a version with a piece cut out, but you'll have to imagine that for yourselves :)

Enough For Two

Post edited by mori_mann on
    edited June 2018

thanks deeleelaw57,linwelly

had fun making it

limwelly,very nice render,Goddess will probably dance with joy after her new pie gift,inspiring everyone to start a great dance partysmiley(want a dance emoticon here)

arent rules meant to be bent?

mori_mann, nice render and its just easy to think outside the pie... box here and imagine a piece cut out theresmiley

Post edited by mach25 on
    edited June 2018

Tail fluffed ears up as if to say this is my pie, Ya have a problem with that. Nicely done mori_mann.

Post edited by deeleelaw57 on
  • Persona Non GrataPersona Non Grata Posts: 1,365
    edited March 2021

Post edited by Persona Non Grata on

Thanks a lot everybody!

That is so cute @mori_mann I'm sure it will be enough!

Wow @Selina that is very cool and so well made, awesome :O

edited March 2021

very well done Selina I keep watching for the big change.

edited March 2021

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147

cool work all

Selina said:

Thanks Linwelly - I like the textures in your image; did you create them yourself? I assume you're using DazStudio Iray for the render?

Fun fact, all surfaces are unaltered 3delight materials (no, not the water thats Iray), rendered in Iray. Plants and some of the construct are some old timer models I used and for the figure I exported as obj and reimported so everything would have one surface and applied a stone shader which by chance was a 3delight one as well. Everything transerred so well into iray I left it that way :D

• @mach25 very clever

@Linwelly superb image! Thanks for the making of.

@mori_mann that's cute, great idea!

@Selina  can't take my eyes off itwink. Clever idea and so well realized.

edited March 2021

edited June 2018

@Selina,cool probably some kinda time travel device,once you mastered speech in alien language or telepathic ability that control it you can have endless timesmiley

I want to order that instead of a android watch

thanks bigh

@xmasrose(aka tulipe),thanks

@linwelly, thanks for sharing

curious about your chinese characters in your banner,the first one looks almost like "big" kanji(someone said it was pronounced "da"),or it is just representing the sounds in "TaiDuo"?

Post edited by mach25 on
    edited March 2021

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,075

Hi Gang.. I'm still working on my render for pie... sheesh it's a hard one.  Got a week to finish it .. then I'll be happy to have the next challenge shape to look forward to. 

I'm still about.. I will post comments this weekend... I'm elbow deep in kittens right now.  Hubby and I are fostering this summer.  We had a batch of 4 black kittens a few weeks ago and now we have 3 of 5 black ones.  If you are following me on facebook you can see pictures and videos of the little ones...  Hugzzzzzzzz all around for keeping this thread alive whilst I've been preoccupied :)

edited June 2018
    mach25 said:

@linwelly, thanks for sharing

curious about your chinese characters in your banner,the first one looks almost like "big" kanji(someone said it was pronounced "da"),or it is just representing the sounds in "TaiDuo"?

@mach25 the characters  太 多 are supposed to translate in "too much" and the Taiduo is the latinized version a bit simplified. So the -太 - tài - (alone) would be "bigger" where the 大 dà is big. This being said I never learned speaking or writing chiniese or kantonese, I'm using translation tools and try to cross verify with different apps. So, if you happen to know better, I would happily invite you over to my thread, so you can help me with some stuff I need advice :D ->https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/67611/linwelly-s-grove#latest

Post edited by Linwelly on
  • nattaruknattaruk Posts: 525

Hi All,

@Linwelly I love the lighting on your 'fay out of the box' picture. Liberation for all fay!

@L'Adair Defender of the Art She looks so determined, masterful and powerful.

@Llola Lane I can never remember book titles or author's names so I can relate....

@mori_mann The Art of Hiding Did that painting just blink? Nah, don't be silly....

@SimonJM Neat idea (although I'm curious what the first plan was?)

@xmasrose (aka tulipe) Fits the theme excellently so it works for me, not stupid at all.

@bigh Nicely done.

@deeleelaw57 Indeed, we need maths!

@mach25 Good fun!

@Linwelly Lovely render.

@mori_mann I think the squirrel wants you to cut the pie so eating can begin!

@Selina What a wonderfully hypnotic animation! 

And here is my effort:

Title: Noon Sighting

(3Delight & the Gimp)

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,947
    nattaruk said:

Hi All,

@Linwelly I love the lighting on your 'fay out of the box' picture. Liberation for all fay!

@L'Adair Defender of the Art She looks so determined, masterful and powerful.

@Llola Lane I can never remember book titles or author's names so I can relate....

@mori_mann The Art of Hiding Did that painting just blink? Nah, don't be silly....

@SimonJM Neat idea (although I'm curious what the first plan was?)

@xmasrose (aka tulipe) Fits the theme excellently so it works for me, not stupid at all.

@bigh Nicely done.

@deeleelaw57 Indeed, we need maths!

@mach25 Good fun!

@Linwelly Lovely render.

@mori_mann I think the squirrel wants you to cut the pie so eating can begin!

@Selina What a wonderfully hypnotic animation! 

And here is my effort:

Title: Noon Sighting

(3Delight & the Gimp)

It was such a good idea I put it in a safe place, and now I can't find it ... blushcheeky

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147

Noon Sighting yes

edited June 2018
    Linwelly said:
    @mach25 the characters  太 多 are supposed to translate in "too much" and the Taiduo is the latinized version a bit simplified. So the -太 - tài - (alone) would be "bigger" where the 大 dà is big. This being said I never learned speaking or writing chiniese or kantonese, I'm using translation tools and try to cross verify with different apps. So, if you happen to know better, I would happily invite you over to my thread, so you can help me with some stuff I need advice :D ->https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/67611/linwelly-s-grove#latest

@linwelly,I know little japanese,but after Hiragana&Katakana simplified sign,they also use kanji

@nattaruk,thanks,nice Noon Sighting

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Now that is putting some clever thinking nto some great art nattaruk. I always liked the word sextant, it has a nice sound to it.

• @nattaruk what a great idea, didn't think of it! Very good image that tells a story.

And thank you for your sweet comment.

@nattaruk such a great choice for a pie piece and well done indeed! And thank you so much for you nice comments!