Llola Lane’s RENDER A MONTH Challenge 2018 CLOSED

Comments

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,089
    bigh said:
    bigh said:

ckick and C

WOW bigh... leave it to you to give us something very unusual to look at.  ;)  Well done.... Thanks for sharing.  (did you write the music?)

thank you and yes I did

Just beeeeeeeeee uuuu ti ful!!!  you are sooo talented.  :)

Hi Gang... hope you are all well.  May is half over... or half started... depending on how you look at it...  I've posted one of my rectangles on the PFDLives forum...check it out! http://pfdlives.com/pfd/index.php?topic=8311.new#new... I'm still working on my one for here.  Should have it done in the next day or so.  ALL are welcome to join... don't be shy!

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,958

Hi Gang... hope you are all well.  May is half over... or half started... depending on how you look at it...  I've posted one of my rectangles on the PFDLives forum...check it out! http://pfdlives.com/pfd/index.php?topic=8311.new#new... I'm still working on my one for here.  Should have it done in the next day or so.  ALL are welcome to join... don't be shy!

I have an idea for one .. ok, maybe 2 now I engage what is left of my brain, so ... just need to sit down and do them :)

• mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152

Brain doesn't want to, but I do, so it'll come. Eventually.

to Simon and Mori... thumbzzzzzzzzzzzz UP!!!

• nattaruknattaruk Posts: 526

Love the last few triangular entries.

@bigh Great video and music

@deeleelaw57 Excellent execution of an interesting idea, would make a good poster.

Here's my rectangular render:

Title: In The House of Regrets and Remorse.

You feel the remorse and regret for past events as you cross each threshold.

(3Delight & the Gimp)

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,653

I am hoping to have my render done this weekend!

I am still working on my render as of yet will post it soonish!!!

• deeleelaw57deeleelaw57 Posts: 1,478

I love this nattaruk It's like looking down the hallway of dreams and not seeing any of the confusion.

That looks amazing Nattaruk and the statement is so true.

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    bigh said:
    bigh said:

ckick and C

WOW bigh... leave it to you to give us something very unusual to look at.  ;)  Well done.... Thanks for sharing.  (did you write the music?)

thank you and yes I did

Just beeeeeeeeee uuuu ti ful!!!  you are sooo talented.  :)

thank you

nattaruk said:

@deeleelaw57 Excellent execution of an interesting idea, would make a good poster.

(3Delight & the Gimp)

Just wonderful nattaruk ... I know it's off topic.. but I love the skin on your gal... her elbows/hands look quite real... Who is she please?  Great take on the rectangle challenge!  Thanks for sharing.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,114

nattaruk said:

(3Delight & the Gimp)

Just wonderful nattaruk ... I know it's off topic.. but I love the skin on your gal... her elbows/hands look quite real... Who is she please?  Great take on the rectangle challenge!  Thanks for sharing.

I, too, was surprised/impressed with the elbow detail!

Dana

DanaTA said:

nattaruk said:

(3Delight & the Gimp)

I, too, was surprised/impressed with the elbow detail!

Dana

and the hands... they have veins and bones... so nice.

• nattaruknattaruk Posts: 526

Hi all, thanks for the comments. I was actually stumped for any ideas until suddenly the idea for this appeared; don't know where it came from. At first I didn't think I could actually realise it but once I got started everything came together quite easily.

The lady in the render is Alexandra 8. As the idea of the render involves having a lifetime of regrets I needed to use an older character. I find the default 3Delight skin settings that the Genesis 8 figures have (they also all seem to be the same) to be rather dark so I've tweaked her skin tone to be lighter. I'm very pleased I got her because she does have wonderful detailing.

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,813

@nattaruk wow that is so cool! very nice work.

@deleelaw I like what you did there, very creative to make it only visible through the mirror.

OK I came up with something! "out of the Box"

My new Linwelly cyberfay avatar seem to be willing to do the job :D

edited May 2018

Linwelly, there is so much to like, wonderful work of art.

She looks like she is having an out of box experience.

Post edited by deeleelaw57 on

good she got out surprise

She really needs to come outta the box for sure!!!

Good one @Linwelly !!

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,813

Thanks a lot everybody!

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

Defender of the Art

Defender of the Art

The full-size image is 2000 x 2600 pixels, and viewable from the gallery page here

I added gray to the Base Color to darken the stones. The landing she is standing on, at the top of the stairs, has a lot of rectangular cut stone, as does the basic walls of the castle. As the image is dark, they may be easier to see in the full size image.

edited May 2018

@bigh, I love the robot. The rain on the image is subtle but soothing. I found the music soothing as well. Good job.

@deeleelaw57, I'm really glad I didn't comment on your image right away. I only just noticed that all those frames contain a single image, like pieces to a puzzle half solved. I liked the image from the start, but I like it even more now! Great concept.

@nattaruk, The doors are a really cool concept. It took me a while before I realized the doors alternate opening in on the left and opening out on the right. and having a person navigating the doors really sells the title of "regrets and remorse." Very nice.

@Linwelly, What a fun idea for something "out-of-the-box!" The fae's fingers holding on through the slats makes her look hesitant to leave the relative safety of the crate for the unknown. I like the dust motes and the godrays, too. Nicely done.

Post edited by L'Adair on

thank you

L'Adair your art is amazing. The expression looks serious and the magic spell cast of purple shows royalty and power.

I just went back to the first render for this month and moved through to the end. As I had expected I had neglected to say thank you for all the comments on my render. 

So to one and all I say thank you.

My mother always said old age is no excuse for bad manners. I always thought she was talking about herself as I was just a kid at the time.

Thank you, @deeleelaw57.

Linwelly said:

@nattaruk wow that is so cool! very nice work.

@deleelaw I like what you did there, very creative to make it only visible through the mirror.

OK I came up with something! "out of the Box"

My new Linwelly cyberfay avatar seem to be willing to do the job :D

WOW Linwelly.... sure glad she's steppin' outta da box!  (thumbzzzzzzzzzzz up!)  Thanks for sharing. 

L'Adair said:

Defender of the Art

The full-size image is 2000 x 2600 pixels, and viewable from the gallery page here

I added gray to the Base Color to darken the stones. The landing she is standing on, at the top of the stairs, has a lot of rectangular cut stone, as does the basic walls of the castle. As the image is dark, they may be easier to see in the full size image.

She's surrounded in rectangles... well done L'Adair... The darkness is needed I think to set a mood to the art that wouldn't have been accomplished in a lighter scene... so... 'works for me ;)'  Thanks for sharing!

edited May 2018

Finally got my render done... what house doesn't have a book shelf with rectangle books "waiting to be read?"

"Rectangle books... waiting to be read"

p.s... I know there are no titles... but... I figure... we can make our own stories!  right?  lol

RECTANGLE books 5minute render DONE SIGN.jpg
    1054 x 1054 - 216K
    Post edited by Llola Lane on

I love a good mystery book. Well done Llola Lane

edited May 2018

Finally got my render done... what house doesn't have a book shelf with rectangle books "waiting to be read?"

"Rectangle books... waiting to be read"

p.s... I know there are no titles... but... I figure... we can make our own stories!  right?  lol

This is really nice. Did you dForce the throw on the rocking chair? I wish my reading spot looked this bright and inviting!

L'Adair said:

She's surrounded in rectangles... well done L'Adair... The darkness is needed I think to set a mood to the art that wouldn't have been accomplished in a lighter scene... so... 'works for me ;)'  Thanks for sharing!

Thank you, Llola.

Post edited by L'Adair on