Llola Lane’s RENDER A MONTH Challenge 2018 CLOSED

Comments

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,089
    L'Adair said:

Finally got my render done... what house doesn't have a book shelf with rectangle books "waiting to be read?"

"Rectangle books... waiting to be read"

p.s... I know there are no titles... but... I figure... we can make our own stories!  right?  lol

This is really nice. Did you dForce the throw on the rocking chair? I wish my reading spot looked this bright and inviting!

I like the throw too L'Adair... it came already 'thrown' over the rocker... so no.. no Dforced... Here's the product I used... https://www.daz3d.com/lazy-afternoon ; .. a very useful and well made set. 

I love a good mystery book. Well done Llola Lane

Thanks Dee... most of my books are crafting or sci-fi... :)

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147

I love a good mystery book. Well done Llola Lane

Thanks Dee... most of my books are crafting or sci-fi... :)

now thats a combo smiley

• mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152

Very well done and interesting rectangles, everyone! My brain is pretty much in 'nope' mode as far as interaction goes, but I did manage a rectangle :)

Dimi claims he once managed to remain undetected by a partolling guard by pretending to be a painting. As in, kneeling behind/inside and empty frame in a cellar full of oddities and curiosities, and keeping perfectly still.

I'm fairly sure it's a lie, but it is a fun story. 

The Art of Hiding

• deeleelaw57deeleelaw57 Posts: 1,478

Very nice mori_mann, I like the eyes they look very determined. 

He must be good at his job, I watched him for half hour and not one tiny move.

laugh

• mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152

Dimi is a professional indeed ;)

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,958
    edited May 2018

Ok, my first plan failed abyssmally, so a second idea ...

Rectangle_2.jpg
    3200 x 2400 - 4M
    Post edited by SimonJM on

And a very nice second idea it is SimonJM

mori_mann said:

Very well done and interesting rectangles, everyone! My brain is pretty much in 'nope' mode as far as interaction goes, but I did manage a rectangle :)

Dimi claims he once managed to remain undetected by a partolling guard by pretending to be a painting. As in, kneeling behind/inside and empty frame in a cellar full of oddities and curiosities, and keeping perfectly still.

I'm fairly sure it's a lie, but it is a fun story. 

The Art of Hiding

LOL Mori... verrrrrrrrrry vewweeee still... indeed ;)  Thanks for sharing.  (thumbzzzzzzzz up!)

SimonJM said:

Ok, my first plan failed abyssmally, so a second idea ...

Seconds are always good Simon... Oh.. I think I have those glasses... Love the peach fuzz... Great idea!   Thanks for sharing (even if there's no kitteh).  lol

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,813

Oh very nice new renders there! I like the idea with the books :D Books are always good, and Stories of Dimi always make me smile, so that a very good one as well, should be in some book!

Nice work with the glasses and their reflections @SimonJM

Thats some dork creepy magic you have there @L'Adair, hope shes a good one defending the Art.

• Great renders again this month! Hope I didn't forget anyone :

@bigh very well done

@deeleelaw57 clever

@nattaruk What a wonderful idea and so well realized

@Linwelly beautiful image, great lighting

@L'Adair amazing

@Llola Lane what a perfect image! Good thinking.

@mori_mann very nice!

@SimonJM good idea and well executed

• xmasrose (aka tulipe)xmasrose (aka tulipe) Posts: 1,403
    edited May 2018

My version of rectangle has to do with the fact that outside it has been raining most of the month. I need some sun!!!

The story that goes with the image (a stupid image but that's all I could do but there is lots of rectanglesblush) :

Take a picture, she said... Anything rectangle will do, it's for MY monthly photo challenge! How does that thing work again ?.......
    Meanwhile someone is getting in trouble for enjoying an ice cream, and ducky is getting a cold drink.

18_Llola challenge rectangle.png
    1000 x 618 - 1M
    Post edited by xmasrose (aka tulipe) on

sun whats that surprise

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,958

Ahhh, June is "Pie" ... goes off to ponder pie ... cheeky

I don't think the image is stupid xmasrose. I like it, its rectangular and colorful. Wait, does this mean I'm stupid.

I hope your cold drink machine has a bill acceptor. I know ducky has a bill but he may not have change. He has no pockets.

I don't think the image is stupid xmasrose. I like it, its rectangular and colorful. Wait, does this mean I'm stupid.

I hope your cold drink machine has a bill acceptor. I know ducky has a bill but he may not have change. He has no pockets.

laugh

edited June 2018

I like pie - click to watch video

Post edited by bigh on

My version of rectangle has to do with the fact that outside it has been raining most of the month. I need some sun!!!

The story that goes with the image (a stupid image but that's all I could do but there is lots of rectanglesblush) :

Take a picture, she said... Anything rectangle will do, it's for MY monthly photo challenge! How does that thing work again ?.......
    Meanwhile someone is getting in trouble for enjoying an ice cream, and ducky is getting a cold drink.

Made me laugh so hard I almost spit out my coffee!!!  Great little story to go with XmasRose... Thumbzzzzzzzzzz UP!!!  Thanks for sharing.

NOT... THAT kind of pie Bigh (hey.. it rhymes!)  LOL. 

Yes.. another month has wiiiiiiiiiiiiizzzzzzzzzzed by... sheesh... where did it go?  Pie is the shape for this month... Here is what a pie shape looks like... in case you all need help... (see below)  You can post either the pie shape itself or the cutout... THIS should be an interesting month!

pie.jpg
    145 x 159 - 4K
  • xmasrose (aka tulipe)xmasrose (aka tulipe) Posts: 1,403
    edited June 2018

@deeleelaw57 No you're not stupid, I am. Thank you for liking my image.

@bigh liked your pie!

@Llola Lane glad my goofy image made you laughed!

The pie shape is not going to be an easy one crying

Post edited by xmasrose (aka tulipe) on

A pie is a pie is a pie is a pie and I like pecan pie the best.

My belly is like a pot pie can I use that.

A pie is a pie is a pie is a pie and I like pecan pie the best.

My belly is like a pot pie can I use that.

LOL Dee.. is it shaped like a pie with a cutout???? and can you render it?  Then yes.. you can use it... LOLLLLLLLLLLLL  So silly we all are this month and it is only the 1st!

(yuummooooo Pecan!!!)

I'm hoping we can come up with some other renders besides apple.. cherry.... pecan... lemon merangue... erm.. etc.. etc... I'm gonna have to search the internet for ideas.  Hummmmmmmmmm ... may take me whole month to come up with something.  LOL. 

edited June 2018

Cheering for Higher Math

Without math we would not know how to slice the pie.

Cheering for Higher Math.png
    1536 x 1344 - 1M
    Post edited by deeleelaw57 on

thank you smiley

good one

Cheering for Higher Math

Haa.. I guess we are gonna be a little lax this month... so true Dee... Thanks for sharing ;)

• mach25mach25 Posts: 256
    edited June 2018

many great renders here,today when I read "shape up",its sounds more like hexagon thread,shaping up a model from a cube,or make shefreak morph for aiko,or other athletic figure morph for v8

I want to make a flag animation first

@deeleelaw57

its too late for pi day (date 3.14),but as you have many two+ pi in there,there will soon be twopi day 6.28

@Llola

wow you already posted your interpretation of months challenge, a "pie chart" that is used to show statistics,just import it to some 3d program and add some bevel,perspective,cool landscape surroundings...

smiley

Post edited by mach25 on
  • @deeleelaw57 Great idea and lovely image! Now I want a pizza!