Llola Lane’s RENDER A MONTH Challenge 2018 CLOSED

Comments

• mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152

Good, pointy arrows so far :D

Looks like I managed to create something, too. It even has multiple arrows. And a

Rogue on a cool slate roof

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147

very nice

• isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601

Nicely done @mori_mann . Makes me wonder what (who?) he's spying on. At least there's no question in which direction it is.smiley

• deeleelaw57deeleelaw57 Posts: 1,478

Looks like the wind is blowing in the right direction for this one mori_mann. The gray sky and blur add to the drama, very well done.

edited July 2018

Thank you all :) 

@isidorn I think he's keeping a close watch on a house or shop that has something interesting that he would like to examine. From up close. At a different location, far away from where it currently is.

Post edited by mori_mann on
  • Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,089
    mori_mann said:

Good, pointy arrows so far :D

Looks like I managed to create something, too. It even has multiple arrows. And a

Rogue on a cool slate roof

Great arrow Mori... never would have thought of a weathervane... I guess I'm taking the whole arrow thing to litteraly... Time to start thinking outside the box ;)  Thanks for sharing!

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,089
    mach25 said:

early posting ,need to add some polys in some places,but that is low-poly,I think I also have some gunfire meshes there,but disabled visibility

also added afterburner fire

"Ripple-Fire"

try to avoid these if you canlaugh

how do I take it from attached file to a bigger picture in post?

how slow computer do you need to literally "render a month"?smiley

Mach

Those are sure some vicious arrows Mach... eep... no running and hiding from them when they touch down.  I hope they don't land in the country I am in!  (runs for her bunker)... lol.  Thanks for sharing... well done!

• @mori_mann would be a great beginning for a thriller. Very good image!

• mach25mach25 Posts: 256

@ mori_mann,thanks,great pic,reminds me of movie where someone sneaks around on rooftop

@ Llola thanks,I aimed higher this month

Would be nice to make animation 

Thanks again :) I had the idea of putting Dimi on a roof with a weathervane, but wasn't sure I actually had one. Glad I ran into this  one in my library. Dimi feels right t home on rooftops and I'm sure he'd be pleased to star ina thriller. As the invisible mystery person who makes valuables disappear ;)

• nattaruknattaruk Posts: 526

Hi All,

Thanks everyone for the comments about Noon Sighting

@Llola Lane I love picnics. Although the older I get the more I prefer the sitting at a table type to the sitting on the ground type.

@xmasrose (aka tulipe) I like the lighting; makes it look like a gray, drizzly day. Tasty design for the brolly!

(note to self, ready for November: table & umbrella are octagonal...)

@SimonJM The lady with her arms spread has to be saying, "Increase the cake fund!"

@L'Adair Picks up spoon, licks lips, now, where to start....

All these food themed renders are making me hungry!

Now onto the arrows, I'll try to resist comments about 'getting the point'.

@deeleelaw57 The whole point of marketing...

@Selina Wonderful! The twisters really add to the whole. (I'm another in the 'I have Carrara but haven't used it camp'.)

@mach25 Very sharp! I'm getting out the way.

@mori_mann Rogue on a cool slate roof Great idea to use a weather vane. Dimi really looks like a rogue upto no good.

• nattaruknattaruk Posts: 526
    edited July 2018

Title: Booby Trap

As the Quest for the Lost Labyrinth made their way through various catacombs, mazes and sundry passageways they usually proceeded with either Asterion or Theseus in front, carrying Goldberry the Guide on their spear. Her large, highly acute, fae eyes and ears made her most able to detect any imminent threats or problems. 
    Booby traps were an occupational hazard, which they almost always detected in advance.
    Almost always...
    On one occassion a trap was triggered and five arrows shot towards Theseus...

3Delight & the Gimp.

Post edited by nattaruk on

Jump twist kick grab and chomp, I would say the fae has some moves. The image is great and the textures and shadows work very well natteruk.

@nattaruk,thanks Great picture ,reminds me of my days of rpg playing Goldberry seems to be master in fae-kungfu Because in crane kungfu style you get very skilled in avoid missiles
  • @nattaruk thank you

Great image, wonderful lighting and textures!

• That's a really nice render mori_mann

Thanks nattaruk for your kind words and I love the humour in your image with the poor woman having so much to juggle!

Sorry I've not been commenting much before now, but I've been dabbling with demos to possibly add to my small collection of software that I don't know how to use to the full - laugh

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,813

I was doodeling around a bit and came up with this for the arrow. Naming this Array Pointer

I will come back tomorrow with a bit more brain left to comment on all the wonderful renders!

edited July 2018

Excellent work once again Linwelly. The blue is so cool and calming and the flash of hot pink shows she means bussiness.

Post edited by deeleelaw57 on

Great new images. It's fun to see two totally different image with fae ladies. One catching arrows to save a life, another shooting one to.. cause mischief or fix things. Ah, but I suppose one does not exclude the other ;)

• @Linwelly    Superb image! Love the colors.

excellent artwork limwelly,like a fae entering some control computers matrix,to correct the flawed computer with a well aimed shotcoolyes

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

@deeleelaw57, I got a good laugh from you image, Soul Recruitment Day; Especially from the description and the last line!

@Selina, your video is mesmerizing. (One of these days, I'll have to tackle Carrara…)

@mach25, Nice imagery. I wouldn't want to have those following/targeting me! And I love what you did with the background.

@mori_mann, The Rogue looks like he's waiting for some unsuspecting soul. I really like his pose and the fact he's got one hand securely on the stone base of the weathervane. Love the DOF. And of course, the weathervane is perfect!

@nattaruk, Your fae's ability to move swiftly and do the "impossible" reminds of Legolas from the LOTR movies and some of the moves he made! I can almost feel the action. Theseus was very lucky Goldberry was there! Fun image with great lighting.

@Linwelly, Array Pointer! Yours looks far more interesting than any I've come across in my years in the tech world. Reminds me a little of the premise in "TRON," but more detailed and defilnitely more beautiful.

I'm still working on a scene for this month. If the heat cooperates, I should make the deadline… (Fingers crossed!)

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,813

Thanks everybody for the nice words on my work!
    Now to commenting, this month has been too busy and I'm supposed to be on vacation, instead I got sick, anyways:

@deeleelaw57 poor team sweet and nice, they need to work on their advertisement..
    Brilliant idea and great expressions!

@Selina that moving arrow is funny, I love how it consits of all thos little cubes moving around, very cool!

@isidorn  I'm, that cat allergic person... yes they love me
    @mach25 now that looks dangerous, interesting choice on the colours and the horizon, very well done!
    @mori_mann now that is a wonderful idea! and a good place for the most beloved of all thieves
    @nattaruk Oh poor little faery has to prevent all the damage, guys, shes not a tank, safe her! great fantasy D&D render :D
    @L'Adair I'm glad you got the reference :D hope you will find more interesting array pointers in the future :D waiting for your entry!

@nattaruk That shows the value of always bringing skilled professionals on your dungeoneering trips. If at first they fail, they have the skills to make corrections. Well done!

@Linwelly Great mix of Fae/high tech, and the colours works great.

• Linwelly said:

I was doodeling around a bit and came up with this for the arrow. Naming this Array Pointer

That's beautiful - I love the colours yes

• L'adair thanks for your comments.

edited July 2018

Skyrim Adventurer

Unfortunately for Robert, he's not as skilled as Nattaruk's adventurers and he meets the same fate as all too many other adventurers in Skyrim. Luckily for Robert though, Ducky is coming along the same road to save the day. Robert's adventuring career cannot be saved though and he's now destined for a job with the city guard.

(In case someone is not aware of it, the story is based on an old popular internet-meme originating from the game Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim)

Edit: Provided a link showing the origin

SkyrimAdventurer.jpg
    2000 x 1600 - 2M
    Post edited by isidorn on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,114

Ouch!  Looks like it went right through the knee joint!  There's a pain that will recur for life!

Dana

Robert does not appear to be having fun. Nice expression and background isidorn.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    edited July 2018

Brothers

Brothers, by L'Adair

"Mo-om! Jimmy won't give me back my baseball cap!"

"She'll never hear you, Jason, if you don't stop laughing."

Thankfully, we had a marine layer come in and cool things off for a day. And now we're in a cooling trend. Should be down to the high 80's in a couple of days! The image and title link to the gallery page, where you can see the image full-size if you want.

Post edited by L'Adair on