FLUIDOS plugin for Carrara -- version 1.4 update

Comments

• DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945

Alvin, you created a racist plugin you too!
    To say the truth, I had given up my tests with Fluidos for a long time because I did not understand why it did not work most of the time.
    With this new version, I still spent a complete day (48°C in my office) to irritate me to try to arrive at a conclusive result.
    No scene worked and I even tested those which you provided with the last version, but without success!
    It then came to my mind that plugins based on “Python” didn't want to recognize letters which one uses in the elaborate languages and thus I realized that Fluidos was unable to recognize another language that English, for exemple.
    It agrees to work with French version of Carrara contrary with Pyswarm, etc.
    Thus, never make a folder/Subfolder with letters with accents, Fluidos doesn't work!
    After months of irritation with this plugin, I hope that I finally will be able to make good work with it!
    Thank you!

• AlbertoAlberto Posts: 1,382
    DUDU said:

Alvin, you created a racist plugin you too!
    To say the truth, I had given up my tests with Fluidos for a long time because I did not understand why it did not work most of the time.
    With this new version, I still spent a complete day (48°C in my office) to irritate me to try to arrive at a conclusive result.
    No scene worked and I even tested those which you provided with the last version, but without success!
    It then came to my mind that plugins based on “Python” didn't want to recognize letters which one uses in the elaborate languages and thus I realized that Fluidos was unable to recognize another language that English, for exemple.
    It agrees to work with French version of Carrara contrary with Pyswarm, etc.
    Thus, never make a folder/Subfolder with letters with accents, Fluidos doesn't work!
    After months of irritation with this plugin, I hope that I finally will be able to make good work with it!
    Thank you!

Really? 

The racist is the engine itself.... against me too! surprise

I didn't notice because long, long time ago I resigned myself to avoid the use of accents and ñ letter in filenames sad (too much software hates them).

But it's good to know about the existence of this problem in the engine !

48 ºC in your office?, the laboratory oven I using just now is colder! surprise

• ImagoImago Posts: 4,900

Very odd, my system uses lots of "special" chars but never got any issues!
    Some time ago I had a problem like that, though, and I solved installing some new language pack. It was Windows XP but I think you can try with Windows 10 too.
    To do that, go your Settings (The rectangular balloon in the right side of the taskbar) and choose "Time and language" (something like that) and install the new language packs. They won't alter your interface but still they will be in your system, ready to go when called.

Another solution is run the software with a "Locale Emulator" that allows you to use any software with any language and any charsystem without installing anything else or altering your system.

Thank Imago!

I added the English (from London, please smiley) and re-started the computer, no more chance with a file with accent.

I will try later with the Python based plugins (Pyswarm, Pycloîd...) but I think they are more extremist!.

I'm not very hot to use your second solution, I use a lot of softwares without problem.

Thanks again!

You are welcome!
    I hope it works!

But, if it still doesn't budge, you can try a very old solution (Something from Windows Millennium... I feel so old! cool): Install more fonts.
    Basically, Windows tends to show the texts with the fonts installed in the system and, when missing, it tries using something else but with bad results. It should happen along with the installation of the language pack, but it doesn't hurt to install one or two new font packages.
    I think they can be found in the Microsoft website, look for the specific language you might need to use. Once they are installed, the software should prefer the "coding" for that specific language.
    You can find more info about it here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latin_script_in_Unicode

I have a ton of fonts installed, some of them are very usefull to create objects and brushes into Carrara (not only letters).

I also made my own font to have bigger letters in Carrara.

DUDU said:

I also made my own font to have bigger letters in Carrara.

Are you using a custom font? Maybe that's the source of the problem! surprise

No, I made this font a few weeks ago and this problem is an old one.

OK, one more day to play with Fluidos.
    I made a few basic presets, because in one month, I'll forget the settings.
    What I wanted to do, is a mix of 4 differents emitters, all is fine, despite the fact that I'm not sure that they interact each other.
    What is the process to do that and apply 4 different colours for each emitter?

DUDU said:

OK, one more day to play with Fluidos.
    I made a few basic presets, because in one month, I'll forget the settings.
    What I wanted to do, is a mix of 4 differents emitters, all is fine, despite the fact that I'm not sure that they interact each other.
    What is the process to do that and apply 4 different colours for each emitter?

It cannot be done in a single simulation. You have to do four simulations, one for each emitter and have four distinct FluidS. The problem is that the four fluids will not interact each other.

This is an example with two colors. Each color is a simulation and a FluidS.

You can see the interactions between fluids of same color.

This is an example with four colors (each one represents a simulation). 

There are no interaction between emitters.

This is because the plugin cannot manage more the one fluid type at a time.

• VIArtsVIArts Posts: 1,496

Alberto, in the .zip, there's a triangle thingy. What do i do with it?

Alberto, in the .zip, there's a triangle thingy. What do i do with it?

It's the template for textures of diffuse particles. What is inside the triangle, will be in each one of the particles.

Doies it need to be installed somewhsre specific?

Doies it need to be installed somewhsre specific?

No, it's only for texture maps if you want to create one for shaders (texture map for color chanel, alpha chanel, etc.). In this case, you should use it as a layer in a Photoshop, Gimp or something similar.

Thanks. just checking

Thanks. just checking

You're welcome.

Alberto said:

It cannot be done in a single simulation. You have to do four simulations, one for each emitter and have four distinct FluidS. The problem is that the four fluids will not interact each other.

This is an example with two colors. Each color is a simulation and a FluidS.

You can see the interactions between fluids of same color.

This is an example with four colors (each one represents a simulation). 

There are no interaction between emitters.

This is because the plugin cannot manage more the one fluid type at a time.

I think it's possible use a little trick using the Carrara's ability to animate surfaces color. Make Fluid1 blue and Fluid2 yellow and then slowly make then turn green when they fill the container. A little help could come using a third simulation, a green fluid that discretely fills the container and the two other fluids get "Hidden" by it.
    Another way could be a shader but I'm not too good with them!

• Persona Non GrataPersona Non Grata Posts: 1,365
    edited March 2021

Post edited by Persona Non Grata on
    Selina said:

This is a simple experiment using two sources and a shader to colour resultant mesh to give the impression of two colours blending - but it's a cheat !

Fluidos Mixer

For those who want to know... the 'magic' happens in the colour channel with a mixer consisting of two Colour Gradients controlled by Elevation to give the Yellow to Green and Blue to Green vertical transition and the overall mixer blender is a Velouté 3D Gradient to control the left to right Yellow / Blue split... simples!

Selina

If it works, it's not a cheat! wink

You have been superfast on interprering my thought! yes

IMHO the effect isn't too bad.

edited March 2021

Selina said:

Thanks Imago.

Here's a coloured liquid one to see the internal movement...

Fluidos Mixer 2

Selina

Yes, it's a very beautiful effect !

• de3ande3an Posts: 915

Any sign of a Macintosh version coming?

Alberto said:
    Selina said:

Thanks Imago.

Here's a coloured liquid one to see the internal movement...

Fluidos Mixer 2

Selina

Yes, it's a very beautiful effect !

Indeed, that transparent effect looks so... Yummy! cheeky

I would love to have more time to play with it, but I'm super busy lately, everyone is rushing everything before the August vacations. crying

Really cool Selina!

This is not exactly what I'm looking for, but it's excellent!

I have not so much time so, could you share your scene or settings?

edited March 2021

Thank you Sélina!

I don't know if I have Velouté, I'll look.

I wonder how you can have a yellow emitter and another blue in the same domain...

• McGuiverMcGuiver Posts: 219

I have not tried this yet, but....

Using DCG's Terrain Tools "Intersect" would likely work to give the illusion of a mix of the shaders from two different emitters when they are within a certain distance.

I'd like to show two examples of Fluidos 1.3

This one uses a flow force and a torque force:

And this uses variable viscosity (space and time-varying)

This is the texture map for the above.

Plane 1Diffuse0.png
    1024 x 1024 - 73K

*watches the videos*

*drops on the floor senseless*

*wakes up*

*remembers the videos*

*drops on the floor again*

They looks wonderful! laugh

I have to finish quickly my assignments and start using the plugin a bit more!

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139

Both very clever and wonderful!