Realistic Renders...NOT!! 11 "Hello Rogerbee!"

Comments

• BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652
    edited November 2012

It is enough that Lux takes longer for the most part but you can queue renders many renders an let it run. I like what it does wit materials like glass and metal and clothing and can add life to older hair. I do feel that overall my Lux renders look better then DLP and UE or I would not bother I dont fart around with maps and such so this gives me the best "simple" result and I do prefer the way the lighting works the film response settings are quite something as well.

Post edited by Bobvan on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,576
    edited December 1969

...I can do the same in PoserPro 2012/2012 with the Queue Manager. Really helpful when you don't have a lot of RAM to throw at rendering.

edited December 1969

Never used poser dont need to

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

I threw this one together mostly to test a few things with the Genesis models as well as give the rendering engine something to chew over. I'm still lightyears from getting to realistic render territory, but every step brings me an inch closer to my goals.

Enjoy.

Girl_Lighting.png
    1010 x 892 - 1M
  • MotoTsumeMotoTsume Posts: 520
    edited December 1969

here is a Star Trek cargo transport doing a recovery.

The_Recovery-sml.jpg
    1500 x 864 - 135K
    edited December 1969

Chaffee Shuttle

chaffee-v1-sml.jpg
    936 x 1200 - 194K
    edited December 1969

a little Holodeck decision making

decisions1-sml.jpg
    1500 x 864 - 119K
    edited December 1969

Emma Watson as a Vorta

emma-req-vorta-sm.jpg
    1000 x 1282 - 163K
    edited December 1969

something different

bsale-sml.jpg
    1170 x 1500 - 300K
  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

I threw this one together mostly to test a few things with the Genesis models as well as give the rendering engine something to chew over. I'm still lightyears from getting to realistic render territory, but every step brings me an inch closer to my goals.

Enjoy.

Aw she cute :) One foot forward at a time sounds like a good strategy to me :)

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...the exterior scenes and composition all look good but I still am not thrilled by the skin tone in Lux. It just looks too "flat". This has always been a sticking point for me with Lux. I'm sure this is curable with a lot of tweaking of the surfaces as well as using SSS (which is a real memory hog) and AO,

For portraits and close ups, I prefer look of Firefly engine renders with the various lighting and surface enhancements the best.

Rogerbee, which basic lighting & surface plugins are the best to get started with?

It doesn't have to be flat lighting, is up to users to tweak one way or another :)

edited December 1969

MotoTsume said:
    something different

Likes the glossy look :)

edited November 2012

Spyro said:
    WOW Borg, he is fantastic! and quite realistic too! Good to see your work :)

Artini said:
    Been a while since I posted anything, I totally forget where this texture for M4 came from, additional homebrew displacement and shader. Um, brain not working so well tonight :)

Very well done. Only the shirt ruins the overall effect in my opinion, but the character is excellent.

Yeah hehe gulity, haz sorry, no shaders on the shirt and lights @ 500%. That's the difference between using shaders and using default surfaces hey :) I could have plugged a colour subtract node into the shirt and taken all the white out of the alt diffuse channel but went to sleep instead :)

eta end Thread.Spam()

Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    ...the exterior scenes and composition all look good but I still am not thrilled by the skin tone in Lux. It just looks too "flat". This has always been a sticking point for me with Lux. I'm sure this is curable with a lot of tweaking of the surfaces as well as using SSS (which is a real memory hog) and AO,

It doesn't have to be flat lighting, is up to users to tweak one way or another :)
    ...that's my one thing with Lux, it requires a lot of tweaking to get the level of "realism" for the skin tones to match that of the surroundings. This is part of why (besides not having the rig that can support it) I gave up on pushing the envelope in that direction (and why I also like LDP for outdoor scenes The Azure Skies also includes an option to include UE.

...but enough of realism, this is after all the "Realistic Renders NOT" thread.

...so time for a non realistic pic drop.

Been playing around with the new Genesis Sadie this evening and discovered she makes a lovely toon teen. So nice to have so many different morphs to use with as well as and a much larger available wardrobe (thanks in part to GenX and the Transfer Tool).

sadie_in_the_hood.jpg
    800 x 1131 - 577K
  • DireBunnyDireBunny Posts: 556
    edited December 1969

I like that Pic alot KK

I like LDP2 , i have used it from time to time. Decent results. Some pics take longer than others.Some look better than others depending on what i had in mind and i have to re-render under different lighting.

Not to fond of Lux really, never been wowed by it i guess. I have seen some octane renders that make me really want it though. Played around with Blender Cycles (i think that's what it's called anyway) and it gave decent results.

I will finally be replacing this 8 year old computer, and i will definitely make sure i get a graphics card able to take advantage of that Octane render. Plus i just recently won poser 9 in a contest so i can't wait till i actually get that and start playing around. (it's not pro so i don't know what I'll be missing but it's a start)

Mostly i just end up using my own light setup (not really sure that's a good thing lol)

And just for the hell of it here's a Zorn

Zorn_finjpg.jpg
    1000 x 1414 - 377K
  • RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited November 2012

Kyoto Kid said:

For portraits and close ups, I prefer look of Firefly engine renders with the various lighting and surface enhancements the best.

Rogerbee, which basic lighting & surface plugins are the best to get started with?

IDL Studio is a good start point, then, these tutorials will tell you the rest of what you need to know:

http://forum.runtimedna.com/showthread.php?70674-Lighting-amp-Rendering-in-Poser-Part-One

Download those pdf's and they'll save your life!

The thing I added was UberEnvironment lighting. Once you get things set up the way Caisson has, delete the IDL Sphere, using the DSON Loader script from D3D you can import the UberEnvironment light and it's sphere. Tweak everything to your liking and you're good to go.

The other thing I frequently use is EZSkin 2 from snarlygribbly:

http://snarlygribbly.org/3d/forum/

Below is S5 with Mec4D's Mamita texture (EZSkinned naturally!) and UE.

Have fun

CHEERS!

S5_Mamita_02.jpg
    588 x 600 - 119K
    S5_Mamita_01.jpg
    588 x 600 - 141K
    Post edited by Rogerbee on
    edited December 1969

Great renders by the way,

I see the old habit of getting busy while I'm away still dies hard!

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Nice renders Not everybody has to love Lux its just working for my needs getting some decent feedback on youtube...

edited November 2012

LOL,

Every time you mention it, it makes me want Pret to hurry up and release Reality for Poser already!

CHEERS!

PS (On looking at my renders, Mec's probably aren't the best textures to use with that set up, the Elite ones will be, but then I have to find hair that fits!)

Post edited by Rogerbee on
  • DireBunnyDireBunny Posts: 556
    edited December 1969

This is one of the few pieces i actually finished using Luxrender Via the free plugin for ds3

I posted the other a few pages back (the two girls and the odd looking textured cherry one).

and a couple i did using Cookie/ (which really was probably pointless since she is a toon character. i coulda used pretty much anything to render her "lol".

BBxxjpg.jpg
    1080 x 1527 - 213K
    edited December 1969

Very nice,

The thing with some of the Mec4D textures is that they have a lot of burned in specular on them, I'll look for some that don't and will render S5 again.

CHEERS!

edited November 2012

Very nice David see Lux is nice im not well versed enough to convert all the materials.

Post edited by Bobvan on
  • RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

Wow I love this thread, lots of excellent renders. I need to keep my eye on this.

meanwhile here is my humble contribution to the thread

poser-bryce.jpg
    1422 x 822 - 632K
    edited December 1969

Nice and welcome!

edited November 2012

I like that Pic alot KK

I like LDP2 , i have used it from time to time. Decent results. Some pics take longer than others.Some look better than others depending on what i had in mind and i have to re-render under different lighting.

Not to fond of Lux really, never been wowed by it i guess. I have seen some octane renders that make me really want it though. Played around with Blender Cycles (i think that's what it's called anyway) and it gave decent results.

I will finally be replacing this 8 year old computer, and i will definitely make sure i get a graphics card able to take advantage of that Octane render. Plus i just recently won poser 9 in a contest so i can't wait till i actually get that and start playing around. (it's not pro so i don't know what I'll be missing but it's a start)

Mostly i just end up using my own light setup (not really sure that's a good thing lol)

And just for the hell of it here's a Zorn

...thank you and nicely done yourself. I still like doing my own light setups for interior scenes. One of my faves no longer can be shown here due to the lack of forum filters.

Vicky in a Temple...

Outdoor lighting is too much a bother, however I was fairly satisfied with the five light setup I did for my Sadie Sound of Music pic a while back though that used a photo backdrop rather than a 3D setting.

Sadie: The Hills Are Alive...

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

This is one of the few pieces i actually finished using Luxrender Via the free plugin for ds3

I posted the other a few pages back (the two girls and the odd looking textured cherry one).

and a couple i did using Cookie/ (which really was probably pointless since she is a toon character. i coulda used pretty much anything to render her "lol".

...now hose are lovely skin tones, much better than I have seen.
    edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

IDL Studio is a good start point, then, these tutorials will tell you the rest of what you need to know:

http://forum.runtimedna.com/showthread.php?70674-Lighting-amp-Rendering-in-Poser-Part-One

Download those pdf's and they'll save your life!

The thing I added was UberEnvironment lighting. Once you get things set up the way Caisson has, delete the IDL Sphere, using the DSON Loader script from D3D you can import the UberEnvironment light and it's sphere. Tweak everything to your liking and you're good to go.

The other thing I frequently use is EZSkin 2 from snarlygribbly:

http://snarlygribbly.org/3d/forum/

Below is S5 with Mec4D's Mamita texture (EZSkinned naturally!) and UE.

Have fun

CHEERS!

...thank you for the links. I didn't know you could use UE in Poser. I thought that was just a Daz Studio thing.

edited November 2012

...oh, and one more thing to add about the Genesis Sadie pic above, I used the eye map from Thorne's Tommi character to get those wonderful baby blues.

...now that's versatility.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

Fabulous renders :)

edited December 1969

A commission for a client Cyclops

8216748636_4ef8818966_c.jpg
    800 x 426 - 133K
This discussion has been closed.