The No Complaint too Trivial Complaint Thread

Comments

• NVIATWASNVIATWAS Posts: 1,242
    DanaTA said:
    NVIATWAS said:

Question of the night: Why, when people read ALOUD that they're supposd to travel on foot to a destination, do they immediately run to a taxi, thus incurring a 30 minute penalty for violating a rule they read out loud?  And both partners said'taxi' at the same time!!  It cost them first place and a huge prize.

Dimwits. :-|

I watch this program to reassure myself that I'm not the biggest idiot in the world. :-O

The world is full of idiots!  I used to tell my friend this all the time.  Eventually, he saw enough to realize I was right!  You, my friend, should know this already!  You are no idiot!

Dana

I have my dumb days, but I learnt good in skool so at least I've never exposed my ignorance on national TV!

DanaTA said:
    NVIATWAS said:

Stupid Statement of the Episode Award: two CLA grads measuring the length in miles of Mallegans travels on a clearly marked giant map.  When trying to figure out how he got past South America, Mr. Genius states 'He tok the Panama Canal' and totally mis-measured.  One of the onlookers finally yelled that there was no Panama Canal in Megellans time, and the grads finnay did it right.

So much for my respect for UCLA... honestly, Panama Canal?  Did Columbus dig it or something?!?!?!?

My take on college students: (this is a generalization , of course)

Those who are there on their own dime, are there to learn.

Those who are there on daddy's dime (again, generally speaking), are there to party.  It's the partying type who tend to get on things like amazing race, methinks.

Dana

This matches my observations.  All my high school classmates tha had their way paid pretty much ended up in mediochre jobs except my friend Gary, who had a scholarship and an intership and ended up a senior analyst at the Mitre think tank!  Pretty scary observation, how many millions down the toilet, I wonder?

kyoto kid said:

..speaking of idiots.  While heading home from my Tuesday RPG session, a friend and I were just past midway crossing a street with the light when this moutbreather behind the wheel who appeared to be waiting to let us cross, decided suddenly to make a left turn right then and there nearly hitting the both of us. I had to jump back while me fried dashed forward  to avoid being struck by his front bumper. I then in a rather annoyed tone scolded him about the fact that pedestrians with the green light have the right of way.   He stopped and mumbled something unintelligible to which I simply said "what a dumbass" loud enough to be heard after we made it to the other side and kept walking.

There are times I just refuse to put up with careless and impatient driving and this was one of them.

Looks like I need to write those cereal companies again and tell them to stop giving away free drivers' licences in every specially marked boxes.

I've had a similar think happen in Tulsa.  Crossing with the walk light, this idiot cme into the crosswalk and honked/yelled at me, telling me he had right of way.  I whipped out my cell phone and told him 'Pull over, asshole, and we'll ask a cop'.  Burned rubber and never saw him again.

It should be legal to shoot these people to improve public safety!!! Thankfully that's the only incident like that I've had.

Preparing to sell off my music gear since fingers no worky good any more. If this works out I can afford beer for the Super Bowl!!! I might try pure composing, though - ganging on to my composition and recording software.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    NVIATWAS said:
    kyoto kid said:

..speaking of idiots.  While heading home from my Tuesday RPG session, a friend and I were just past midway crossing a street with the light when this moutbreather behind the wheel who appeared to be waiting to let us cross, decided suddenly to make a left turn right then and there nearly hitting the both of us. I had to jump back while me fried dashed forward  to avoid being struck by his front bumper. I then in a rather annoyed tone scolded him about the fact that pedestrians with the green light have the right of way.   He stopped and mumbled something unintelligible to which I simply said "what a dumbass" loud enough to be heard after we made it to the other side and kept walking.

There are times I just refuse to put up with careless and impatient driving and this was one of them.

Looks like I need to write those cereal companies again and tell them to stop giving away free drivers' licences in every specially marked boxes.

I've had a similar think happen in Tulsa.  Crossing with the walk light, this idiot cme into the crosswalk and honked/yelled at me, telling me he had right of way.  I whipped out my cell phone and told him 'Pull over, asshole, and we'll ask a cop'.  Burned rubber and never saw him again.

It should be legal to shoot these people to improve public safety!!! Thankfully that's the only incident like that I've had.

..I wouldn't mind just being allowed to have a free uncontested whack at the fender with a baseball bat.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776

A bearable 70 something degrees right now an hour or so before sunset, there is a motley collection of small birds scratching and scavenging in our garden where all the mashed up kelp gpt sprayed - hopeful signs of life it doesn’t look so baked and it still smells vaguely of ocean :)

NVIATWAS said:
    DanaTA said:
    NVIATWAS said:

Stupid Statement of the Episode Award: two CLA grads measuring the length in miles of Mallegans travels on a clearly marked giant map.  When trying to figure out how he got past South America, Mr. Genius states 'He tok the Panama Canal' and totally mis-measured.  One of the onlookers finally yelled that there was no Panama Canal in Megellans time, and the grads finnay did it right.

So much for my respect for UCLA... honestly, Panama Canal?  Did Columbus dig it or something?!?!?!?

Those who are there on daddy's dime (again, generally speaking), are there to party.  It's the partying type who tend to get on things like amazing race, methinks.

Dana

This matches my observations.  All my high school classmates tha had their way paid pretty much ended up in mediochre jobs except my friend Gary, who had a scholarship and an intership and ended up a senior analyst at the Mitre think tank!  Pretty scary observation, how many millions down the toilet, I wonder?

Was a scholarship student at university, there was extreme pressure to perform the whole time which looking back wasn’t so good at times :)

NVIATWAS said:

Preparing to sell off my music gear since fingers no worky good any more. If this works out I can afford beer for the Super Bowl!!! I might try pure composing, though - ganging on to my composition and recording software.

Yes please please please please please ... *\0/*

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010

Complaint: Here I am, awake at 4:30 am. Need to be up at 6:00 for a doctor visit. Anticipation wakes me up early. Anyone else have this trouble?

kyoto kid said:
    NVIATWAS said:
    kyoto kid said:

..I wouldn't mind just being allowed to have a free uncontested whack at the fender with a baseball bat.

A big truck came onto the footpath and nearly cleaned me up yesterday, driver was on a cellphone and reversing with a trailer at the same time, almost ouch complaint :)

Tjohn said:

Complaint: Here I am, awake at 4:30 am. Need to be up at 6:00 for a doctor visit. Anticipation wakes me up early. Anyone else have this trouble?

Depends how scary I’m feeling the next day is going to be :0

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,164
    edited January 2018
    DanaTA said:
    NVIATWAS said:

Question of the night: Why, when people read ALOUD that they're supposd to travel on foot to a destination, do they immediately run to a taxi, thus incurring a 30 minute penalty for violating a rule they read out loud?  And both partners said'taxi' at the same time!!  It cost them first place and a huge prize.

I watch this program to reassure myself that I'm not the biggest idiot in the world. :-O

The world is full of idiots!  I used to tell my friend this all the time.  Eventually, he saw enough to realize I was right!  You, my friend, should know this already!  You are no idiot!

Dana

I was in a Wal-Mart store yesterday* (while out on my mini-adventure avoiding cabin fever), standing in line at the check-out.  The three unkempt women with the cart ahead of me had an overfull cart of crap and were arguing about which stuff they should keep.  Consequently, they were unloading as rapidly as drugged sloths. sad Meanwhile despite this glacial unloading process the checkout person couldn't keep up, and items were piling up on her counter. frown Having oodles of time on my hands my eyes started to wander and settled on the gossip rag in the display next to me.  I stared mouth agape at the headlines and finally had had enough foolishness and said in an easily heard voice "How did the world get so stupid?", turned my cart around while muttering "let me out of here I need to find some sanity" and moved about a quarter mile down the isle of check-outs until I found one with a very short line and a half intelligent looking person at the till.  I was pleasantly surprised that she was even more than half-intelligent, and we had a quick conversation about the only thing in my cart, "Grape Nuts" breakfast cereal and the state of cereal consumption. smiley  And people wonder why I call my short trips uptown "mini-adventures". surprise

- - - - - - - - -

* I normally avoid Wal-Mart like the plague because the parking lot is usually full, the store is too big to wander in less than an hour, and the traffic in & out is frightning, as are the people one gets too close to.  indecision  I had gone into Wal-Mart specifically for the Grape Nuts because it's the only place around here that I've found that sells them (because Wal-Mart sells everything). indecision  It seems Grape Nuts are out of favor these days among smaller grocery stores, because only old people (like me) remember it.  And us old people are mostly too wise or too frail to compete with the typical Wal-Mart patrons.  While in Wal-Mart I did wander and oogle at all the stuff that defines modern life with the intention of looking for something that I couldn't live without.  But having a modicum of sophistication I was able to avoid throwing anything else into my cart despite the forest of big yellow signs telling me what a great price they had on it. cheeky  (Same avoidance technique I use in the DAZ catalog.) indecision

** My recipe for warm Grape Nuts:  A little hot water from the tap (the hotter the better), enough to wet but not cover the cereal and a teaspoon of honey.  Stir to a consistancy of oatmeal.  Eat before it cools. Yummmm! 

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    NVIATWAS said:

I find that people are not willing to pay a fair price for musical merchandise these days.  Good luck with that.  I have an old Roland Juno 60.  Paid $1,300 for it new.  When I tried to sell it, people only wanted to pay a hundred or so for it.  I kept it.  Screw them!  Recently there was a run on analog synths...people were reportedly paying a lot for one like mine.  Too bad, I'm keeping it now!  I need to get a battery for it, though.  I found out it has a battery to hold the presets.  I guess it makes sense, sort of like a BIOS battery.  Thing is, they actually soldered it in.  There is a YouTube video that guides you through replacing it.  but I can't afford the battery right now.  Then I'll have to figure out how to get the presets back.  It comes with a cassette to play them back into it.  I don't know if I have it anymore...someone may have lost it on me.  I never loan out my stuff amymore...people just don't respect other people's property.  I can probably get the presets digitally on the Internet and put them on a CD and play it that way.  I've seen messages that say it works, sometimes you have to try more than once, though.

Dana

kyoto kid said:
    NVIATWAS said:
    kyoto kid said:

These days, you have to watch out for folks who have both Road Rage and a gun!

Dana

Tjohn said:

Well, not due to anticipation, but I often wake before my alarm is set, and can't get back to sleep.

Dana

ps1borg said:
    kyoto kid said:
    NVIATWAS said:
    kyoto kid said:

A big truck came onto the footpath and nearly cleaned me up yesterday, driver was on a cellphone and reversing with a trailer at the same time, almost ouch complaint :)

I hope you reported him!  Otherwise, next time someone else might not be so lucky!

Dana

DanaTA said:
    NVIATWAS said:

I had gone into Wal-Mart specifically for the Grape Nuts because it's the only place around here that I've found that sells them (because Wal-Mart sells everything).

Not everything.  I've been getting my Frosted Mini-Wheats: Maple and Brown Sugar flavor there, because they have these giant boxes.  About a month or two back, they suddenly stopped stocking them.  I thought it was just my local store, but I've found that they are not stocked in any WalMart* anymore!  My sister, who lives in Maine, looked around for me because she goes to Walmart* a lot, and they don't have them anymore even up in Maine.  She checked the ones in Rhode Island, too, while she was visiting friends out there.  All they stock now are the original, Strawberry and Blueberry.  The original is not so great.  The other two taste fake, chemically.  So that's it.  I'm back to buying the regular size at my local, family owned, grocery store.  Even Stop & Shop doesn't stock my flavor anymore.  

Dana

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,164
    edited January 2018
    DanaTA said:
    DanaTA said:
    NVIATWAS said:

I had gone into Wal-Mart specifically for the Grape Nuts because it's the only place around here that I've found that sells them (because Wal-Mart sells everything).

Not everything.  I've been getting my Frosted Mini-Wheats: Maple and Brown Sugar flavor there, because they have these giant boxes.  About a month or two back, they suddenly stopped stocking them.  I thought it was just my local store, but I've found that they are not stocked in any WalMart* anymore!  My sister, who lives in Maine, looked around for me because she goes to Walmart* a lot, and they don't have them anymore even up in Maine.  She checked the ones in Rhode Island, too, while she was visiting friends out there.  All they stock now are the original, Strawberry and Blueberry.  The original is not so great.  The other two taste fake, chemically.  So that's it.  I'm back to buying the regular size at my local, family owned, grocery store.  Even Stop & Shop doesn't stock my flavor anymore.  

Dana

I had a situation like that a while ago.  I don't eat a lot of ice cream anymore (lactose intolerant in my dotage years) but I like the "Double Chocolate" Klondike bars. But the local stores don't carry them.  Half a dozen other flavors but not the Double Chocolate. sad  I particularly like the Double Chocolate because for some reason they digest better whereas the other flavors tend to cause acute digestion problems for me.  Go Figure. surprise  But anyway, I looked high and low for locally obtainable "Double Chocolate" Klondike bars and even asked stores to stock them for me but without success. indecision  I eventually decided that they just weren't made anymore. crying So I Googled them and sure enough they're still made. yes  So, I redoubled my efforts and finally found a grocery store some distance away that did indeed stock them and now I clean out their stock of Double Chocolate Klondike bars to stockpile in my freezer whenever I get a summertime itch for them. smiley  https://www.klondikebar.com/product/bars 

Unfortunately, when I make my run to that store to get my Klondike bars I have to rush home, with the car's air-conditioner on full blast, to get them in the freezer before they turn into leaking bags of brown goo. no  Note to self:  Self, remember to buy a foam cooler chest to carry Klondikes home from the grocery in.

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
    edited January 2018
    DanaTA said:
    NVIATWAS said:

Dana

I was in a Wal-Mart store yesterday* (while out on my mini-adventure avoiding cabin fever), standing in line at the check-out.  The three unkempt women with the cart ahead of me had an overfull cart of crap and were arguing about which stuff they should keep.  Consequently, they were unloading as rapidly as drugged sloths. sad Meanwhile despite this glacial unloading process the checkout person couldn't keep up, and items were piling up on her counter. frown Having oodles of time on my hands my eyes started to wander and settled on the gossip rag in the display next to me.  I stared mouth agape at the headlines and finally had had enough foolishness and said in an easily heard voice "How did the world get so stupid?", turned my cart around while muttering "let me out of here I need to find some sanity" and moved about a quarter mile down the isle of check-outs until I found one with a very short line and a half intelligent looking person at the till.  I was pleasantly surprised that she was even more than half-intelligent, and we had a quick conversation about the only thing in my cart, "Grape Nuts" breakfast cereal and the state of cereal consumption. smiley  And people wonder why I call my short trips uptown "mini-adventures". surprise

- - - - - - - - -

* I normally avoid Wal-Mart like the plague because the parking lot is usually full, the store is too big to wander in less than an hour, and the traffic in & out is frightning, as are the people one gets too close to.  indecision  I had gone into Wal-Mart specifically for the Grape Nuts because it's the only place around here that I've found that sells them (because Wal-Mart sells everything). indecision  It seems Grape Nuts are out of favor these days among smaller grocery stores, because only old people (like me) remember it.  And us old people are mostly too wise or too frail to compete with the typical Wal-Mart patrons.  While in Wal-Mart I did wander and oogle at all the stuff that defines modern life with the intention of looking for something that I couldn't live without.  But having a modicum of sophistication I was able to avoid throwing anything else into my cart despite the forest of big yellow signs telling me what a great price they had on it. cheeky  (Same avoidance technique I use in the DAZ catalog.) indecision

** My recipe for warm Grape Nuts:  A little hot water from the tap (the hotter the better), enough to wet but not cover the cereal and a teaspoon of honey.  Stir to a consistancy of oatmeal.  Eat before it cools. Yummmm! 

...I only ever set foot in a Walmart once (with a friend was looking for new cookware).  That was one time to many.  The videos I see on YouTube and pics on Pinterest are no joke, it really is that bad even here in Portland OR.  When I looked at the prices on a few items, I didn't really see much of a savings (in some cases if any) over many other stores in the city here.

Fortunately I can get the food items I like at one of the regular supers within walking distance (including Grape Nuts which is about the only cold ceral I'll buy - and yes, using hot water is the best) and fortunately the nearest Walmart is a multi bus trip away so I'll never waste my time going there.

Oh, and that news the other month about Whole Paycheque prices coming down after Amazon took them over, hasn't happened here. Stopped at the downtown store to pick up a few hard to find items on the way back from dropping off my special election ballot at the central library on Monday, and if anything, prices have gone up since the last time I visited there.  They are also purging a lot of items (including some I like) as well. I have the feeling this store is about to become the next Amazon Go outlet.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited January 2018
    DanaTA said:
    kyoto kid said:
    NVIATWAS said:
    kyoto kid said:

Dana

...very true and it did cross my mind afterwards. Sadly many these people tend to also be the worst and most careless drivers as well because if someone challenges them on their stupidity all they have to do is pull their gun to get their way.  The bully syndrome seems to be getting worse and worse. Bad enough they already have a deadly 2,000# (or more) missile at their control (or lack thereof).

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    DanaTA said:
    DanaTA said:
    NVIATWAS said:

Dana

I had a situation like that a while ago.  I don't eat a lot of ice cream anymore (lactose intolerant in my dotage years) but I like the "Double Chocolate" Klondike bars. But the local stores don't carry them.  Half a dozen other flavors but not the Double Chocolate. sad  I particularly like the Double Chocolate because for some reason they digest better whereas the other flavors tend to cause acute digestion problems for me.  Go Figure. surprise  But anyway, I looked high and low for locally obtainable "Double Chocolate" Klondike bars and even asked stores to stock them for me but without success. indecision  I eventually decided that they just weren't made anymore. crying So I Googled them and sure enough they're still made. yes  So, I redoubled my efforts and finally found a grocery store some distance away that did indeed stock them and now I clean out their stock of Double Chocolate Klondike bars to stockpile in my freezer whenever I get a summertime itch for them. smiley  https://www.klondikebar.com/product/bars 

Unfortunately, when I make my run to that store to get my Klondike bars I have to rush home, with the car's air-conditioner on full blast, to get them in the freezer before they turn into leaking bags of brown goo. no  Note to self:  Self, remember to buy a foam cooler chest to carry Klondikes home from the grocery in.

..get some of those "blue ice" thingies as well to keep the contents cold.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,686

Non complaint:  just saw a movie in the theaters and it was a good movie about a country star and was a chick flick.   Great day over all

Complaint my ride was scheduled wrong (by me of course)  I scheduled half an hour later than I needed.  I came home and someone was mad at me for something I had no clue was going on.  It was the house lady.  She asked me when I was going to tell her about the appointment on Tuesday.  I was clueless but she thought I knew already.  Apparently my support team forgot to tell me that they were scheduling my appointment.  Not my favorite way of finding out.  Also I did not appreciate her getting all upset with me for something I had no clue about.

I want to finish watching Maze Runner so I can start watching Scorch trials tomorrow night so I can watch Death cure sometime soon with a friend.

DanaTA said:
    DanaTA said:
    NVIATWAS said:

Dana

Or get reusable, insulated, canvas shopping bags.  The ones with the foil lining are good.  We load a couple of them with frozen things and cold things when going on vacation to New Hampshire, which is about a four to five hour ride, depending on traffic through Boston.  Frozen stuff is still frozen when we get there.  We often put some of those blue ice packs in with the stuff to help keep it colder.  The bags are easier to fit here and there than a cooler.

Dana

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666

My web browser seems to be running slowly.  Maybe I should close the program and run it again.

....yeah I get that from time to time. Running a fiarly up to date version of FF and after a while it just starts lagging for some reason

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,315

Why is it so hard to find a website designer?
    Or at least, one who will keep their word and stick to an agreement?

"You didn't get it in writing" is no excuse for not doing things the way you agreed to do them.
    And emails are writing. Maybe not good, grammatically correct writing, but still...

I'd learn to do it myself, but it's motorcycle weather and I don't have enough good days left to waste any of them.

• I tried website designing for a while.  Back when HTML coded by hand was how you did it. frown  Then I tried to get modern and bought a copy of Adobe "GoLIve" which was very nice for its time.  But even that became old hat and now it won't even run on my new machines. sad  So, I moved up to Adobe DreamWeaver4.0 and ran into the "Peter Principle" and was out of my depth.  So I wasted $500 on software lost a customer, and quit the biz.  I could still put together a old style HTML website and can even use GoLive on a WinXP machine to do it with but not with modern menus, input/output, and all the overkill of modern sites.  I even gave up fixing my own website and took it down.  Heck, what was wrong with command line input on computers?   Who needs websites?  Tin cans and strings, all the communication I need. cheeky

kyoto kid said:
    NVIATWAS said:
    kyoto kid said:

Work for me, he e hee hee!!!

ps1borg said:
    NVIATWAS said:
    DanaTA said:
    NVIATWAS said:

Dana

Was a scholarship student at university, there was extreme pressure to perform the whole time which looking back wasn’t so good at times :)

My friend Gary ws under insane pressure from his parents and the school.  He did pretty well with it, fortunately, except for the whole getting religion and getting married thing. :P He was a master keys player and his wife convinced him to switch to guitar, at which alas he sucked.  Oh well. :-| 

kyoto kid said:
    DanaTA said:
    kyoto kid said:
    NVIATWAS said:
    kyoto kid said:

Dana

...very true and it did cross my mind afterwards. Sadly many these people tend to also be the worst and most careless drivers as well because if someone challenges them on their stupidity all they have to do is pull their gun to get their way.  The bully syndrome seems to be getting worse and worse. Bad enough they already have a deadly 2,000# (or more) missile at their control (or lack thereof).

Interesting note: if you crowd monkys thy get more violent.  People are primates, just as musch animals as the next ape in the jungle.

So much for the triumph of the mind over primal reactions. Feh.

This discussion has been closed.