The No Complaint too Trivial Complaint Thread

Comments

• Tjohn said:
    NVIATWAS said:
    Tjohn said:

I can't watch "reality" television shows. My skin literally crawls when I try.

I do it now because, sometimes, you discover that people can be amazing, but it's like around 5% of the population.

Interesting number.  I remember reading somewhere years ago, that a study indicated that "Common Sense" wasn't at all "common" and was exhibited by only 7% of people. frown  Does that corelate to meaning that 2% have common sense but just aren't amazing? indecision

And I think the most un-common sense and uber-stupidity is to antagonize the guy wearing a gun. surprise Even above running while wearing oversized baggy pants with no belt and untied shoes. laugh

Whenever I hear somebody excuse a stupid or irrational behavior because it's "Human Nature", I downgrade my definition of "Human".  I want to join a new species. indecision

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

sundae

is it a pizza day?

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,589

Complaint:  My cold has progressed past the stage of ragged raw nose, and entered the "I've coughed so much forcing out the throat & nose phlegm that my stomach muscles ache" stage.   sad  But I'm reaching the end of the process. yes

..ugh, been there many a time. 

• NVIATWASNVIATWAS Posts: 1,242
    Tjohn said:
    NVIATWAS said:
    Tjohn said:

I do it now because, sometimes, you discover that people can be amazing, but it's like around 5% of the population.

Interesting number.  I remember reading somewhere years ago, that a study indicated that "Common Sense" wasn't at all "common" and was exhibited by only 7% of people. frown  Does that corelate to meaning that 2% have common sense but just aren't amazing? indecision

And I think the most un-common sense and uber-stupidity is to antagonize the guy wearing a gun. surprise Even above running while wearing oversized baggy pants with no belt and untied shoes. laugh

Whenever I hear somebody excuse a stupid or irrational behavior because it's "Human Nature", I downgrade my definition of "Human".  I want to join a new species. indecision

Count me in! I'd rather be a loach or a snake.

Sunday! Roasting some chicken in the air fryer, eill likely finish by baking with olives and lemon 'Greek style'.  71f outside, once again window wide open.  Feeling more like my old slf today, loks like bullet successfully dodged - again.  I'm in major debt to my guardian angel,

I hope they stream the Super Bowl again, I bought tater chips 'just in case'.

I have just discovered that people can't read!

Amazing Race - racers collected money for an orphanage in Indonesia.  Sign at orphanage says drop off all mone you have, not just your collected funds.  3/4 of the racers didn't read or misread the siggn and lost first-place positions.  And the sign was large and in the front of the donation table!!!

Dumb and dumber...

Mmmmm, black beans in a smoky sweet raspberry/peach chipotle sauce!  Tasty and not too hot, the heat adds a nice nip to the beans.

Aromatherpy mister running, it has an RGB light show that slowly shifts from color to color while making the rom smell like lavender.  Very relaxing!

NVIATWAS said:

Sunday! Roasting some chicken in the air fryer, eill likely finish by baking with olives and lemon 'Greek style'.  71f outside, once again window wide open.  Feeling more like my old slf today, loks like bullet successfully dodged - again.  I'm in major debt to my guardian angel,

...49° here after buckets of rain earlier. Seems the worst is past. Need to do grocery run today as it's really going to get wet and cold the next severl days.  May take the tram and bus as it's also a bit breezy.

Patriots and Jags playing a back & forth game.  Pats just went up 24 - 20 and will win as they sacked Bortles on the 47 with Jacksonville giving the ball up on downs. So looks like New England (again *yawn*) punched it's ticket to Minneapolis.

Vikings and Philadelphia up next (Go Vikes (yeah I know I'm GB by they did hae a very good season and they represent the "NFC Norris" division).  It would also be a true "home game" for Minnesota. as the only other teams to play in their home cities, played at a different stadium (San Francisco at Stanford Stadium in 1985 and the LA Rams at the Rose Bowl in 1979).  Interesting sidenote: in Philadelphia, the Police dept greased all the streetlight poles with shortening to keep fans from climbing them should the Eagles win. ESPN nicknamed them  the "Crisco Cops".  

Now if Philadelphia loses (knowing how the fans are there) the street lights may be "burning" in the literal sense as shortening is flammable.

edited January 2018
    kyoto kid said:
    NVIATWAS said:

...49° here after buckets of rain earlier. Seems the worst is past. Need to do grocery run today as it's really going to get wet and cold the next severl days.  May take the tram and bus as it's also a bit breezy.

Patriots and Jags playing a back & forth game.  Pats just went up 24 - 20 and will win as they sacked Bortles on the 47 with Jacksonville giving the ball up on downs. So looks like New England (again *yawn*) punched it's ticket to Minneapolis.

Vikings and Philadelphia up next (Go Vikes (yeah I know I'm GB by they did hae a very good season and they represent the "NFC Norris" division).  It would also be a true "home game" for Minnesota. as the only other teams to play in their home cities, played at a different stadium (San Francisco at Stanford Stadium in 1985 and the LA Rams at the Rose Bowl in 1979).  Interesting sidenote: in Philadelphia, the Police dept greased all the streetlight poles with shortening to keep fans from climbing them should the Eagles win. ESPN nicknamed them  the "Crisco Cops".  

Now if Philadelphia loses (knowing how the fans are there) the street lights may be "burning" in the literal sense as shortening is flammable.

Pats, blech.  Brady needs to retire.  Go Vikings!

'Slicker than a greased streetlamp' should become a meme.  And yeah, Crisco does burn nicely.  Don't ask how I know. :-|

Olive chicken came out great, the skin crisped up nice in the olive oil and the lime and olive juice cooked right into the center of the chicken.  Zero complaints.

Looks like Yahoo Sports will be streaming the Super Bowl, so I have some time to get it all set up.  Going to save my tater chips for the game!!

Post edited by NVIATWAS on
  • 'Nother complaint:  Arghhhh..., I've been invaded by black & red flying bugs that look like arrow heads.  Sort of a triangular beetle or paper airplane moth.  frown  I really must complain to the landlord again about bug invasions.  Last year it was bees, then ladybugs, then ants, then mice, and now, in the dead of winter, red flying bugs.  They've been popping up one at a time every couple of days or so for a few weeks, but today I've caught at least 5 and there are at least three still escaping me.  I NEVER had trouble with bugs or critters with any other tenants in the building until this last family moved in.  Problem is, they're young relatives of the new building owners, and not careful about garbage removal.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,090
    NVIATWAS said:

Mmmmm, black beans in a smoky sweet raspberry/peach chipotle sauce!  Tasty and not too hot, the heat adds a nice nip to the beans.

Aromatherpy mister running, it has an RGB light show that slowly shifts from color to color while making the rom smell like lavender.  Very relaxing!

Is your keyboard failing?  I keep noticing missing letters in your words.  Or are you using a phone?

Dana

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,720
    DanaTA said:
    NVIATWAS said:

Is your keyboard failing?  I keep noticing missing letters in your words.  Or are you using a phone?

Dana

Maybe it is the lavendar.  

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776

Mistara said:

sundae

is it a pizza day?

Always time for Pizza somewhere... ;)

Tjohn said:
    NVIATWAS said:
    Tjohn said:

Some things make no sense out of the box, other things make no sense after you put them all together it must be one of those human condition things :)

ps1borg said:

Mistara said:

sundae

is it a pizza day?

...pasta here with my special homemade sauce tonight.  Kind of in the "ballpark".

NVIATWAS said:
    kyoto kid said:
    NVIATWAS said:

'Slicker than a greased streetlamp' should become a meme.  And yeah, Crisco does burn nicely.  Don't ask how I know. :-|

Olive chicken came out great, the skin crisped up nice in the olive oil and the lime and olive juice cooked right into the center of the chicken.  Zero complaints.

Looks like Yahoo Sports will be streaming the Super Bowl, so I have some time to get it all set up.  Going to save my tater chips for the game!!

...whew, just got home form the market trip in time.  Currently hearing rain beating against the window.  Had to wait 23 min for the bus when I got out of the store, almost could have walked home in that time were it not that I had two shopping bags and my shoulder bag full.  Almost missed the tram connection as it looked far enough away to make it to the platform on time but apparently it moved a lot quicker than I expected and had to run (something these old bones and joints are not fond of particularly carrying a shopping bag in each hand) as the next one wouldn't have come by for another 14 min.

Well looks like another "East Coast Bias SB" (boring), Vikes laid down and died after putting up the first points at the beginning of the game. Down 38 - 7 in the 4th at the two minute warning.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    kyoto kid said:
    ps1borg said:

Mistara said:

sundae

is it a pizza day?

...pasta here with my special homemade sauce tonight.  Kind of in the "ballpark".

margherita piekiss

edited January 2018
    DanaTA said:
    NVIATWAS said:

Dana

My vision is shot.  My doc put oil in my eye to heal the retina but kills the focus in my one good eye, and without insuranc I can't afford the $10k to take the oil out.  So I'm pretty much screwed at this point, I have to try to get permanent disability.  Game over! But I onl have 2 regrets in life so it's been a blast while the fun lasted.  Sorry for the typos, even with my special handicapped high-contrast keyboard.  I ned tew tipe slawer..

DanaTA said:
    NVIATWAS said:

Dana

Maybe it is the lavendar.  

LOL no, it's called 'blinder than a bat'.  At least a bat can use sonar!

I wonder if I can learn to squeak at a real high pitch?  And grow some wings...

ps1borg said:

Mistara said:

sundae

is it a pizza day?

Gosh darn it, now I want pizza!  Should have ordered pizza bagels or pizza rolls... le sigh.

Mistara said:
    kyoto kid said:
    ps1borg said:

Mistara said:

sundae

is it a pizza day?

margherita piekiss

...the only non meat pizza I like.

edited January 2018
    kyoto kid said:
    NVIATWAS said:
    kyoto kid said:
    NVIATWAS said:

...whew, just got home form the market trip in time.  Currently hearing rain beating against the window.  Had to wait 23 min for the bus when I got out of the store, almost could have walked home in that time were it not that I had two shopping bags and my shoulder bag full.  Almost missed the tram connection as it looked far enough away to make it to the platform on time but apparently it moved a lot quicker than I expected and had to run (something these old bones and joints are not fond of particularly carrying a shopping bag in each hand) as the next one wouldn't have come by for another 14 min.

Well looks like another "East Coast Bias SB" (boring), Vikes laid down and died after putting up the first points at the beginning of the game. Down 38 - 7 in the 4th at the two minute warning.

I'm glad you made it home in one piece!  I hope you're warm and dry now. :-)

Geebus on the Viqueens rolling over and playing dead.  I wonder if they got paid off to throw the game?  That lopsided score seems so uncharacteristic, sounds more lke a Cleveland Browns game...! :-|

...or the Packers with their "soft as warm butter" defence and no Aaron Rodgers.   I thought Minnesota was supposed to have one of the best defences in the game.  Crikey, they gave up big play after big play like they were holding a clearance sale on yardage. Looks like it will be another ring for both Brady and Belichick. (again *yawn*).

Too bad the Brady-Belichick-Kraft controversy has died down, Green Bay could use someone like Bill to show them how to properly build and coach a winning team. Even "Chuckie" Gruden would have been an improvement over McCarthy.  Yeah sports is a diversion I know, but given how things are going these days in the real world, it's a very welcome one.

Yeah, normally I don't plan my market runs on Sundays because of weak transit schedules (the bus that goes by the market runs runs 35 minutes on Sunday).  Just that tomorrow, Tuesday, and Wednesday are going to be extremely wet and rather chilly.

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052
    NVIATWAS said:
    DanaTA said:
    NVIATWAS said:

Dana

My vision is shot.  My doc put oil in my eye to heal the retina but kills the focus in my one good eye, and without insuranc I can't afford the $10k to take the oil out.  So I'm pretty much screwed at this point, I have to try to get permanent disability.  Game over! But I onl have 2 regrets in life so it's been a blast while the fun lasted.  Sorry for the typos, even with my special handicapped high-contrast keyboard.  I ned tew tipe slawer..

I know the feeling. In three weeks, I have an appointment with two eye surgeons who will decide if they need to start carving up my eyeballs (one at a time, of course), or if I can wait a little longer. My retinas are damaged too, but can't be fixed. All I can hope for is that they don't get worse. In the mean time, I'll enjoy what I can of my sight; mostly playing on the computer now. Can't go to the movies or theatre, can't read street signs, and I haven't been able to see stars in the sky for almost two years now. But it could be a helluva lot worse, because I can still see enough to go shopping and garden. And spend most of my pension here! 

NVIATWAS said:
    DanaTA said:
    NVIATWAS said:

Dana

...while stories abound about how people are dragged thorugh the mud to get disability (Moi included) this is pretty damn serious. Your vision has been permanently ruined by what is a temporary treatment that cannot mitigated without undue expense.  It sounds like the oil has caused you to effectively be blind in your good eye. While I am not an attorney it does sound like you could have a case to file a suit for the cost of the second treatment to remove the oil as well as the discomfort it has caused.

kyoto kid said:

...or the Packers with their "soft as warm butter" defence and no Aaron Rodgers.   I thought Minnesota was supposed to have one of the best defences in the game.  Crikey, they gave up big play after big play like they were holding a clearance sale on yardage. Looks like it will be another ring for both Brady and Belichick. (again *yawn*).

Too bad the Brady-Belichick-Kraft controversy has died down, Green Bay could use someone like Bill to show them how to properly build and coach a winning team. Even "Chuckie" Gruden would have been an improvement over McCarthy.  Yeah sports is a diversion I know, but given how things are going these days in the real world, it's a very welcome one.

Yeah, normally I don't plan my market runs on Sundays because of weak transit schedules (the bus that goes by the market runs runs 35 minutes on Sunday).  Just that tomorrow, Tuesday, and Wednesday are going to be extremely wet and rather chilly.

Better to suffer a little now than wash out into the bay later!!! :-O

NVIATWAS said:
    DanaTA said:
    NVIATWAS said:

Dana

I know the feeling. In three weeks, I have an appointment with two eye surgeons who will decide if they need to start carving up my eyeballs (one at a time, of course), or if I can wait a little longer. My retinas are damaged too, but can't be fixed. All I can hope for is that they don't get worse. In the mean time, I'll enjoy what I can of my sight; mostly playing on the computer now. Can't go to the movies or theatre, can't read street signs, and I haven't been able to see stars in the sky for almost two years now. But it could be a helluva lot worse, because I can still see enough to go shopping and garden. And spend most of my pension here! 

Wow, I so feel uour pain.  My eye damage is from diabetes, apparently the sugar crystals saw up my capillaries, the new vessels grow - but out into the eyeball, not just in the retina.  Those break and literally bleed into my eye, blocking my vision.  The doc had to open my eye up, suck out all the blood, tack my retinda down with a laser and then put the oil in to hold the retina back against the eyeball until it healed.  Worst part of it was getting an injection in the eye while wide awake, most horrible thing to ever happen to me - worse than getting my foot amputated, at least I was unconscious for that.

I have 10X glasses that allow me to work on the computer while using Windows Magnifier, so I'm not blind (yet).  Just going to enoy whatever time I'm given, now. :-)

You hang in there - opthamologists can d some amazing things! :-)

kyoto kid said:
    NVIATWAS said:
    DanaTA said:
    NVIATWAS said:

Dana

...while stories abound about how people are dragged thorugh the mud to get disability (Moi included) this is pretty damn serious. Your vision has been permanently ruined by what is a temporary treatment that cannot mitigated without undue expense.  It sounds like the oil has caused you to effectively be blind in your good eye. While I am not an attorney it does sound like you could have a case to file a suit for the cost of the second treatment to remove the oil as well as the discomfort it has caused.

If I can find a pro-bono attorney I'll likely sue my doctor.  He didn't tell me it'd effectivey temporarily ruin my vision until afterwards.  Grrrrrrrr!

NVIATWAS said:
    DanaTA said:
    NVIATWAS said:

Dana

Windows has always done the voice activation/speaking computer things rather well maybe you can give all that a poke when you are ready *hugs*

NVIATWAS said:
    kyoto kid said:
    NVIATWAS said:
    kyoto kid said:
    NVIATWAS said:

I'm glad you made it home in one piece!  I hope you're warm and dry now. :-)

Geebus on the Viqueens rolling over and playing dead.  I wonder if they got paid off to throw the game?  That lopsided score seems so uncharacteristic, sounds more lke a Cleveland Browns game...! :-|

American Football making the newspaper here - maybe coz so many Americans are in town for tennis - Patriots Rally From Ten Down, is that good ?

This discussion has been closed.