Daz to Maya question

1789101113»

Comments

• Hello. I am interested to purchase this wonderful plugin. i see they provide a link to a script for those using maya 2019 at their website.

My question will we see upgrades for Maya 2019 and Maya 2020. How is the programe working so far with the script for those who tested? thanks in advance for any feedback 

I updated from 2017 to 2019 last year, for work. It no longer works after 2018, apparently. I've emailed the developer in the hopes he'll update it.

The script, itself, was awesome, when I could use it. I imported M3 up to G8 without any problems.

did you try the update for Maya 2019 from there website http://www.3dtoall.com/daztomaya-update/ ?

yeah i would like to know is it working for anyone with maya 2019 using that 2019 daztomaya update?

• Hello. I am interested to purchase this wonderful plugin. i see they provide a link to a script for those using maya 2019 at their website.

My question will we see upgrades for Maya 2019 and Maya 2020. How is the programe working so far with the script for those who tested? thanks in advance for any feedback 

I updated from 2017 to 2019 last year, for work. It no longer works after 2018, apparently. I've emailed the developer in the hopes he'll update it.

The script, itself, was awesome, when I could use it. I imported M3 up to G8 without any problems.

@Room101Studios thanks for the info. can you describe briefly what works and what doesnt work for maya above 2018? does the rigging work. do the textures still transfered nicely? or nothing at all?

did you try the update for Maya 2019 from there website http://www.3dtoall.com/daztomaya-update/ ?

yeah i would like to know is it working for anyone with maya 2019 using that 2019 daztomaya update?

Yeah, with that small update file it is working fine in Maya 2020.1

• ItsaMeItsaMe Posts: 42

i wasnt able to export the character with a pose using the plugin. is there any way to do it?

• edited April 2020

Hi, I was reading a bit about this because I want to purchase the script. Does it really work? I want to export my DAZ character with his hair, clothes, etc. to Maya and be able to animate him there.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • inquireinquire Posts: 2,097

How well does the Auto Convert feature work for DAZ iRay Shaders? The current AD says: 

"Transfer a Daz figure or props to Maya with 2 clicks! Auto-HumanIK controls for easy posing/animating with the power of Maya! Auto convert to vray and arnold render engines, and lot of other optimizations and fixes made in the background automatically. This product requires Maya 2016 or higher, and currently does not support Maya LT."

(I don't even know what the arnold render engine is.)

Just looking to get some information. I suppose I'd have to subscribre to the full Maya version, huh? Also, I'm on a Macintosh.

• I'm having problem launching this script inside of Maya 2018.  I get an error message that the path to the script doesn't exist.  It's searching for G:\Users\Marcelo Luis Bruno\Documents\maya\plugins\DazToMaya_Files\d2m.pyc doesn't exist.  I have no idea why it's trying to use the author's path to scripts instead of my own.  Anyone have a solution to this?

Have you ever been able to use this script? If so, do the Auto Convert and other features work? If sounds, though, as if you're not able to use it.

• No, I've never tried to use it until today.  I've tried reinstalling, but it continues to try to access that path inside of pytho for some strange reason.  I'm very curious if other users have experieinced this and how they fixed it!

No, I've never tried to use it until today.  I've tried reinstalling, but it continues to try to access that path inside of pytho for some strange reason.  I'm very curious if other users have experieinced this and how they fixed it!

Well, I really  hope you get help soon. Have you submitted a ticket to Tech Support? Please post later when you get results or help. I'm very interested in this product, but I don't have it. My situation is that I'm a Mac user, and I'm wondering what rendering in Maya would be like. I can render with iRay, but only with the CPU.

• I suppose it depends on your skills with the rendering options in Maya.  I'm using arnold which is quite similiar to iRay, but all of the shader options are not identical.  I'm curious to see how well the transfer of textures happens from iRay -> Arnold.

edited June 2020

@corycubbage: So you're not able to use the plugin yet, is what I'm getting. I'm really interested in the AutoConvert Feature. If you do get the plugin working, please post and let me (and others) know how well the plugin works, esp. with the AutoConvert properties. I used to use Reality-->Lux, but the shader adjustments took a lot of time.

Also, as a second question, since Maya also seems to allow the use of the V-Ray render engine, maybe you could do a quick test render with V-Ray and let us know how AutoConvert works with that. 

I'm very interested in your situation, and I hope that you very soon get help with the plugin from Tech Support (or elsewhere). I don't know how many people may  be using the plugin.

Post edited by inquire on

Here is another Plugin product offering: https://www.laylo3d.com/my-daz-3d-products/genesis-8-for-maya/

I don't know anything about it. It's specifically for Genesis8, but there is also a Genesis3 version: https://gumroad.com/laylo3d

Each plugin is apparently $31.95.

Does anyone know anything about either plugin?

• inquire said:

Here is another Plugin product offering: https://www.laylo3d.com/my-daz-3d-products/genesis-8-for-maya/

I don't know anything about it. It's specifically for Genesis8, but there is also a Genesis3 version: https://gumroad.com/laylo3d

Each plugin is apparently $31.95.

Does anyone know anything about either plugin?

i have both and it hasn’t been updated for quite a while. i’m guessing laylo3d is waiting until genesis 9 before he will update the genesis 8 script. there’s too many g8 characters coming out to keep the plugin script up to date.

@Blood-PawWerewolf: With either of these plugins, would I be able to load a posed G8 (or G3, if it's the other plugin) character with textures, hair, clothing, maybe props, and a character that's already posed? And, to take it one step further, what if I had two characters in a group pose in DAZ Studio? Could I load them? If not both at once, could I load them one at a time, and would they meet in Maya just about as I had them posed in DAZ Studio? That is, would the transitions and rotations be respected?

• inquire said:

@Blood-PawWerewolf: With either of these plugins, would I be able to load a posed G8 (or G3, if it's the other plugin) character with textures, hair, clothing, maybe props, and a character that's already posed? And, to take it one step further, what if I had two characters in a group pose in DAZ Studio? Could I load them? If not both at once, could I load them one at a time, and would they meet in Maya just about as I had them posed in DAZ Studio? That is, would the transitions and rotations be respected?

it's characters only. yet clothing, accessories, hair, etc are all imported. there's a separate addon plugin for poses, though.

Thanks for answering. So, could I load a character from a scene tab, or would I have to load the character from the Content/Characters tab?

• inquire said:

Thanks for answering. So, could I load a character from a scene tab, or would I have to load the character from the Content/Characters tab?

just load it up normally in DAZ and export said character using the script.

Ah, thank you for answering.

• Hi! Does anyone has this issue when exporting an "HD" FBX with daztomaya? only happens with HD but i need it with T POSE

Thx

Screenshot (134).png
    1472 x 1187 - 499K

Another question: Can you not export a character that has been posed? Or, can you not apply DAZ Poses in Maya? As I think about all these bridges, I think they may be good. But, I'd really like the option, even if it's a paid DAZ Studio option, of using another render engine within DAZ Studio. For example, the Arnold engine. 

• edited October 2020

I have the updated DazToMaya .pyc from https://www.3dtoall.com/daztomaya-update/

I've followed the instructions posted on the site:

After you download the file

Replace the file in your system:

Your Documents/maya/plug-ins/DazToMaya_Files/d2m.pyc

Now you can run on Maya 2019 and 2020

I still can't get it to work in Maya 2020.2. 

If anyone can post step by step instructions that would great. Exact folder structures would be great. I have a feeling the file structure is off, or changed for 2020.2, Maya is really picky about that. 
    Consequently you can't load a .pyc file in the script editior in maya without syntax errors, so the manual approach doesn't work either.

Thanks

Post edited by mhartman.art_53c60a8640 on
  • calvincwestcalvincwest Posts: 3
    edited May 2021

mhartman.art_53c60a8640 said:

I have the updated DazToMaya .pyc from https://www.3dtoall.com/daztomaya-update/

I've followed the instructions posted on the site:

After you download the file

Replace the file in your system:

Your Documents/maya/plug-ins/DazToMaya_Files/d2m.pyc

Now you can run on Maya 2019 and 2020

I still can't get it to work in Maya 2020.2. 

If anyone can post step by step instructions that would great. Exact folder structures would be great. I have a feeling the file structure is off, or changed for 2020.2, Maya is really picky about that. 
    Consequently you can't load a .pyc file in the script editior in maya without syntax errors, so the manual approach doesn't work either.

Thanks

I tried this for Maya 2022, and it doesn't work.  Is it possible you can look into the Maya 2022 program and see how everyone can add DAZ to Maya?  Pretty much when I go to plug-in manager and see DAZ to Maya, it won't let me check the box "Loaded"

Post edited by calvincwest on