dForce Verified Functional Clothing [Out of the Box]

Comments

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882

Is there a primer on this thing? I have some of the content listed as working and I want to play.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/144121/dforce-start-here

Also RGcincy has done a nice practical application thread here:
    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/208141/how-to-use-dforce-creating-a-blanket-and-draping-clothes-on-furniture

• Twilight76Twilight76 Posts: 318
    edited November 2017

hm, ok not 100% but 90% functional :)

Womens Business Wear for Genesis

Only the Skirt makes problems with a "addon"

Bobbie25 - Womens Business Wear for Genesis.jpg
    1000 x 1618 - 468K
    Post edited by Twilight76 on
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

Maybe turn the dynamic strength way down or off for that bottom bit?

• TooncesToonces Posts: 919

Did you mean dForce Dynamic Surface Add-On? I thought it had the ability to weld, which would keep the bottom bit from floating away. Then again, I'm probably misinterpreting.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/203081/dforce-start-here

Toonces said:

Did you mean dForce Dynamic Surface Add-On? I thought it had the ability to weld, which would keep the bottom bit from floating away. Then again, I'm probably misinterpreting.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/203081/dforce-start-here

There is, I believe, two ways to keep things from falling off like that. One is to go in the surfaces tab and change the Dynamic Strength of the bit that wants to fall off. The other is (and I haven't learned how to do this yet) paint in weight with weight maps: 

I haven't watched it yet because the sound isn't working on my computer. But others have said it's a good tutorial. :)

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,802

In the first moment I thought she's loosing her panties...

• y3kmany3kman Posts: 765
    Linwelly said:

In the first moment I thought she's loosing her panties...

That's not her underwear? surprise

• sapatsapat Posts: 1,735

My mistake

Romi, not Roma
    https://www.daz3d.com/romi-for-genesis-3-females

edited to add picture, now that I've had a chance to render.

That turned out well.  Has a whole hippie vibe to it which I like.  But the top drapes nicely.

• hm, ok not 100% but 90% functional :)

That will make the msh static, or part way between static and dynamic for a fractional value. The trim will simply float in its original location or will end up mid way between it's original location and its location in the above render for a fractional value. What's needed is a helper to bridge the break, so that trim and skirt remain together.

edited November 2017

That will make the msh static, or part way between static and dynamic for a fractional value. The trim will simply float in its original location or will end up mid way between it's original location and its location in the above render for a fractional value. What's needed is a helper to bridge the break, so that trim and skirt remain together.

Can you use the weightmapping brush for the bottom bit so it stays in place and doesn't droop or slip down?  I'm thinking about how Mada used the weightmapping brush around the collar of that poet shirt to keep it upright and shaped like a collar during her sim.  The shirt draped, but the collar stayed put.

Post edited by sapat on
  • MadaMada Posts: 1,871

If you use weightmapping to paint out the dynamic strength you'll end up with a lace part that uses the original conforming pose, since its at the bottom of the skirt and things drape down it probably won't work as well. The collar is at the top of the drape so it works because gravity is draping downwards :) Best in this case would be to just hide the lace.

edited November 2017

I'm pretty pleased with this one - I didn't think the Aether outfit would drape at all but it did :)

The bottom part of the dress is all connected so it worked mostly - I had to turn up smoothing to 10 and set the resolution to high for it to look OK. I used the surface adjuster to set the stiffness a bit higher, set up a influence weightmap with the top bits around the chest painted to 0 since they were tighter to the skin and looked OK and the computer didn't have to work quite as hard to drape the beads on the back of the chest. I set up a weightmap for the panty with the top part painted to 0 and just the crotch area to 100% because it was getting distorted with just the standard fit to G8 from G2.

I used the animated playrange timeline - starting the drape from A pose

DrapingTestAether.jpg
    1000 x 1500 - 176K
    Post edited by Mada on
  • If you zero the weight the mesh will remain static, I'm not sure what that bit is - if it's a belt that may well be fine, but if it's trim at the bottom of the skirt it will look very odd floating with the rest of the skirt fabric caught on it like a solid hoop, There isn't a setting to keep two unattached pieces of mesh together (though I think it can be done with a specially made add-on part).

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,224
    Mada said:

I'm pretty pleased with this one - I didn't think the Aether outfit would drape at all but it did :)

The bottom part of the dress is all connected so it worked mostly - I had to turn up smoothing to 10 and set the resolution to high for it to look OK. I used the surface adjuster to set the stiffness a bit higher, set up a influence weightmap with the top bits around the chest painted to 0 since they were tighter to the skin and looked OK and the computer didn't have to work quite as hard to drape the beads on the back of the chest. I set up a weightmap for the panty with the top part painted to 0 and just the crotch area to 100% because it was getting distorted with just the standard fit to G8 from G2.

I used the animated playrange timeline - starting the drape from A pose

It looks great. How do you save the influence weight maps with the garment so you can use them the next time you fit the garment to another character?

Save as a new outfit, that way you don't overwrite your original item. File - Save As - Support Asset - Figure/Prop Assets. Then give it a new product name so it saves to a different data folder than the original.

• As far as I know weight maps should save to a Scene or Scene Subset. From the dForce Start Here thread:

A "dForce Modifier" for a given object can be saved in Scenes, Scene Subsets, Character Presets, Wearable(s) Presets and most preferably as Support Assets. Any weight maps that are defined for a "dForce Modifier" are saved with that modifier (which mimics, exactly, weight maps defined for skin binding and how/where they are saved). In keeping consistency with the saving of data that has not first been explicitly saved to a Support Asset, any modified data for the "dForce Modifier" will be embed in a Scene, Scene Subset, Wearable(s) Preset, Character Presets. (see Known Issues below)

edited November 2017

As far as I know weight maps should save to a Scene or Scene Subset. From the dForce Start Here thread:

A "dForce Modifier" for a given object can be saved in Scenes, Scene Subsets, Character Presets, Wearable(s) Presets and most preferably as Support Assets. Any weight maps that are defined for a "dForce Modifier" are saved with that modifier (which mimics, exactly, weight maps defined for skin binding and how/where they are saved). In keeping consistency with the saving of data that has not first been explicitly saved to a Support Asset, any modified data for the "dForce Modifier" will be embed in a Scene, Scene Subset, Wearable(s) Preset, Character Presets. (see Known Issues below)

I don't want to save to scene or scene subset. I want a garment that I can load and fit to a character in the scene, just like a regular wearable or support asset. I will try Mada's suggestion again, but when I tried it before, it did not reload the weight map when I reloaded the garment.

Post edited by barbult on
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

Hera was having some issues with Platinum Cocktail dress exploding. I offered to give it a try, and found it was the ZipperPuller on the back of the lace dress that was causing the explosion. Setting "Visisble in Simulation" to off solved that problem. Here is a render of the final drape, using only the default dForce surface settings except with Self Collide Off. It worked either way, but I thought the end result was more pleasing with it Off.

Platinum Cocktail on G2F

I give a more detailed account of how I got this result, along with some of the problems here. I think I could do a better job using weights, but the point is, the outfit will work with dForce, as long as you hide that ZipperPuller.

Did you create a new dforce modifier weight node again? The weightmap will be there but unless you create the weight node you won't be able to see it. If you want to save the node as well as the garment save it as a wearable preset.

Mada said:

Did you create a new dforce modifier weight node again? The weightmap will be there but unless you create the weight node you won't be able to see it. If you want to save the node as well as the garment save it as a wearable preset.

Ooooh, thank you. I will give  these tips a try. I'd like it to work like the store bought dForce garments do, where you can just load them and they are ready to simulate.

Got the Fire Guard to work... mostly.  The Vest isn't draped in this one, but I did get it to drape successfully a couple of times while setting this up. The little jagged bits on the skirt of the tunic are because this is autofit to G3 and I didn't try to fuss them out before starting the drape.

Tian Character Picture.png
    800 x 1000 - 1M
    edited November 2017

@Mada, your suggestion of saving as a Wearable preset worked perfectly. I started with the scene you posted for Boho Dress dForce settings. I modified the dForce Modifier Weight Node a little more for practice and lowered the weight on the bodice at the neck to keep if from slipping off her shoulders as much. I saved it as a Wearable preset and now I can load the G3F Boho Dress on any G3F model in my scene and simulate. Thank you for being so generous with your expertise!

Here it is on Monique 7.

Lighting and background HDRI is from Aversis.

G3F Boho Dress wearable_001.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 2M
    G3F Boho Dress wearable_002.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on
    sapat said:

Can you use the weightmapping brush for the bottom bit so it stays in place and doesn't droop or slip down?  I'm thinking about how Mada used the weightmapping brush around the collar of that poet shirt to keep it upright and shaped like a collar during her sim.

L'Adair said:

Hera was having some issues with Platinum Cocktail dress exploding. I offered to give it a try, and found it was the ZipperPuller on the back of the lace dress that was causing the explosion. Setting "Visisble in Simulation" to off solved that problem. Here is a render of the final drape, using only the default dForce surface settings except with Self Collide Off. It worked either way, but I thought the end result was more pleasing with it Off.

I give a more detailed account of how I got this result, along with some of the problems here. I think I could do a better job using weights, but the point is, the outfit will work with dForce, as long as you hide that ZipperPuller.

Wow, that looks really good!  And thanks for the extra info.

barbult said:

@Mada, your suggestion of saving as a Wearable preset worked perfectly. I started with the scene you posted for Boho Dress dForce settings. I modified the dForce Modifier Weight Node a little more for practice and lowered the weight on the bodice at the neck to keep if from slipping off her shoulders as much. I saved it as a Wearable preset and now I can load the G3F Boho Dress on any G3F model in my scene and simulate. Thank you for being so generous with your expertise!

Boho Dress is Aave Nainen but I'm glad you got it to work :) Looks really good

Mada said:
    barbult said:

Boho Dress is Aave Nainen but I'm glad you got it to work :) Looks really good

Opps! My goodness.blush I guess I got confused between that and your helpful dForce videos and forum tips. I apologize to Aave Nainen for miscrediting the Boho dForce settings.

• Twilight76Twilight76 Posts: 318
    edited November 2017

Casual Dayz for Genesis 8 Female(s)

https://www.daz3d.com/casual-dayz-for-genesis-8-females

Works realy good with dforce

dynamic - Casual Dayz for Genesis 8 Female.png
    699 x 1131 - 492K
    Post edited by Twilight76 on
  • zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,658
    edited November 2017
    Dueling Handstands.jpg
    1391 x 1800 - 1M
    Post edited by zombietaggerung on
    edited November 2017

https://www.daz3d.com/fight-uniform-for-genesis-2-female-s

works very well. Though you will want to put a bra on G2F for any actual fighting pose ... unless having her flash her chest is part of the intent.

(For this one I did mess with the fabric weight, but my initial test with everything out of the box worked fine too.)

Fight Unfortm Dforce.png
    616 x 798 - 289K
    Post edited by DaWaterRat on
  • JamesJABJamesJAB Posts: 1,760
    edited November 2017

Well, this one is not clothing, but it works quite well.
    Miranda Hair for Genesis 3 and 8 Females set as dynamic and animated.
    Scalp set to "Dynamics Strength" = 0.00

Hair1 and Hair2 both set to "Dynamics Strength" = 0.80

Post edited by JamesJAB on
    edited November 2017
    JamesJAB said:

Well, this one is not clothing, but it works quite well.
    Miranda Hair for Genesis 3 and 8 Females set as dynamic and animated.
    Scalp set to "Dynamics Strength" = 0.00

Hair1 and Hair2 both set to "Dynamics Strength" = 0.80

hahah The hair is great - nicely done. It's wiggling a little bit too much to be natural looking though. Perhaps try it with Self Collide turned Off? And see if that makes a difference? 

Post edited by 3Diva on