3D Printing Plugin for Daz Studio - GamePrint [Commercial]

Comments

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,987
    edited October 2017
    GamePrint said:
    HoMart said:
    BeeMKay said:

I'd be interested in this, but I'd also like to know about shipping costs & taxes I have to pay when I "import" your models. I've already had some very nasty surprises in ordering things from abroad, and then got taxes slapped on it on top of the price I already paid, making something like a 250$ item cost 300-350$ in total. Customs ain't fun.

If I read right, they send from Europe. Since you have a link to "Deutschsprachiges FAQ" in your signature, I guess you´re located in Germany - so this would mean no customs ...

@GamePrint - please correckt me if I´m wrong!!

Taxation is a bit tricky given all the different rules and regulations but for Europe you can refer to the below link 

http://europa.eu/youreurope/business/vat-customs/buy-sell/index_en.htm

So the 250 is including the VAT, as you are already paying the taxes to German IRS from yours side? Or do I have to add another 47,50$ for the VAT, and give you 297,50$?

Found this here:

https://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/individuals/buying-goods-services-online-personal-use/buying-goods/buying-goods-online-coming-from-within-eu-union_en

Post edited by BeeMKay on
  • GamePrintGamePrint Posts: 539
    BeeMKay said:
    GamePrint said:
    HoMart said:
    BeeMKay said:

I'd be interested in this, but I'd also like to know about shipping costs & taxes I have to pay when I "import" your models. I've already had some very nasty surprises in ordering things from abroad, and then got taxes slapped on it on top of the price I already paid, making something like a 250$ item cost 300-350$ in total. Customs ain't fun.

If I read right, they send from Europe. Since you have a link to "Deutschsprachiges FAQ" in your signature, I guess you´re located in Germany - so this would mean no customs ...

Taxation is a bit tricky given all the different rules and regulations but for Europe you can refer to the below link 

So the 250 is including the VAT, as you are already paying the taxes to German IRS from yours side? Or do I have to add another 47,50$ for the VAT, and give you 297,50$?

Found this here:

https://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/individuals/buying-goods-services-online-personal-use/buying-goods/buying-goods-online-coming-from-within-eu-union_en

Unfortunately it does not include the VAT but we are making up for it as much as we can through free shipping and 10% discount during our promotion which should make up for it. 

• nmargie_d65db43582nmargie_d65db43582 Posts: 156
    edited October 2017

sorry double post

Post edited by nmargie_d65db43582 on
  • Does owning the content license for Daz or other artist products change this? For example if I had a daz indie or pro license could I sell 3d prints 

DAZ_Steve said:

There have been several questions and comments in this thread about the rights on a 3D printed item.  As epr the EULA, custoemrs are currently allowed to 3D print items for personal, non-commercial use.  This plugin does not change that.  Prints can be ordered for yourself, but not that you intend to sell.  

• Does owning the content license for Daz or other artist products change this? For example if I had a daz indie or pro license could I sell 3d prints 

DAZ_Steve said:

There have been several questions and comments in this thread about the rights on a 3D printed item.  As epr the EULA, custoemrs are currently allowed to 3D print items for personal, non-commercial use.  This plugin does not change that.  Prints can be ordered for yourself, but not that you intend to sell.  

No, I'm afraid the developer and 3D print licensing are separate.

GamePrint said:
    BeeMKay said:
    GamePrint said:
    HoMart said:
    BeeMKay said:

Found this here:

Unfortunately it does not include the VAT but we are making up for it as much as we can through free shipping and 10% discount during our promotion which should make up for it. 

I'm not saying it's too expensive, but just that the information is not stated clearly. The same goes for shipping costs. And while it's very nice of you, you won't always ship for free and have a ten percent discount.

As you probably already noticed, many of us operate under a very limited budget, and having such a figure printed would perhaps be a once-in-a-lifetime thing, where you have to save up money for months or longer. The difference between not knowing, or having a fairly good guess, at the costs when you order something is quite important in such a case. smiley

edited October 2017
    BeeMKay said:
    GamePrint said:
    BeeMKay said:
    GamePrint said:
    HoMart said:
    BeeMKay said:

Found this here:

I'm not saying it's too expensive, but just that the information is not stated clearly. The same goes for shipping costs. And while it's very nice of you, you won't always ship for free and have a ten percent discount.

As you probably already noticed, many of us operate under a very limited budget, and having such a figure printed would perhaps be a once-in-a-lifetime thing, where you have to save up money for months or longer. The difference between not knowing, or having a fairly good guess, at the costs when you order something is quite important in such a case. smiley

I totally agree, we just thought that it is clear VAT is applied to almost everything sold in europe, we will make sure to indicate this, will communicate with our engineering team to work on it today, no problem ;)

Post edited by GamePrint on
  •  

Is there a 3d print license? Can not seem to find one. Of course it will probably be years before the mass price cost would make selling the prints profitable. There is plenty of time for things to change

GamePrint said:
    BeeMKay said:
    GamePrint said:
    BeeMKay said:
    GamePrint said:
    HoMart said:
    BeeMKay said:

Found this here:

I totally agree, we just thought that it is clear VAT is applied to almost everything sold in europe, we will make sure to indicate this, will communicate with our engineering team to work on it today, no problem ;)

Well, to be honest, that wasn't as much about shipping to my location, but about interntional shipping in general. Since you'll also export to the US, and other countries, it would be only fair to warn people that they will have to make a visit to their local customs office, and bring the VAT money, and whatever else fees, with them. It would perhaps be helpful if you added that type of information - especially for those who don't order from abroad often.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,566

Is there a 3d print license? Can not seem to find one. Of course it will probably be years before the mass price cost would make selling the prints profitable. There is plenty of time for things to change

No, but on the flip side, just don't use DAZ models and you are fine to sell any figurines you print.

• No, but on the flip side, just don't use DAZ models and you are fine to sell any figurines you print.

True I was looking on thier website and it doe slook like they offer non daz print solutions. I wish they plug in made it possible to print on our own printers. Not becasue I would want to sell them, I would not have the painting skills or a high enough quality printer to do that. It would be nice to have a way to get a visual idea before putting down $250   

• Phoenix1966Phoenix1966 Posts: 1,562

No, but on the flip side, just don't use DAZ models and you are fine to sell any figurines you print.

Not entirely true. That would depend on the item's EULA. Renderosity's standard license, for example, states this:

"This License does not grant permission to produce a real, tangible Product or replica of the 3D mesh/model/Product acquired."

Not entirely true. That would depend on the item's EULA. Renderosity's standard license, for example, states this:

"This License does not grant permission to produce a real, tangible Product or replica of the 3D mesh/model/Product acquired."

true, my point was to basically make your models or use ones from places like makehuman, should have clarified more.

• Phoenix1966Phoenix1966 Posts: 1,562

true, my point was to basically make your models or use ones from places like makehuman, should have clarified more.

I figured that's what you meant, but with this being so new, I was afraid someone might make the mistake of thinking only Daz had restrictions.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,888

And make your own textures for shaders. Heh.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,030

There's no standard license available but if you have a project you can contact Daz sales to see if you can make an agreement with them.

• Ok I contacted Daz about licensing for 3D prints. It appears it is something they are looking into 

1. Here is, complete, response I got when I asked if the development license covered it

"No, at this time you may only use your 3D printed models for personal use. You may not sell them or use them commercially. We are working on implementing an option for customers to be able to do this. However, I cannot guarantee this will happen."

2. Just in case someone is wondering how I worded the question it reads as follows

"Would owning the DAZ indie or pro licenses allow one to make sell their 3d printed models? Of course I am only talking about DAZ original products; I would assume that one would need a license from any artist whose products are being used"

So let's hope

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    Leana said:
    Novica said:
    Leana said:

People buying collectibles from you increases DAZ business only if DAZ gets a cut from the sales, or if those customers then go to DAZ and start buying their content (provided they know content was from DAZ in the first place).

What are you talking about? Of course they get a cut. They get 50% from every item sold by a vendor!  So if I buy 10 then Daz gets 50% from the sale of each of those. 

I meant a cut from the sales of the collectibles, not from the content you bought.

They are already getting 50% of 250.00 and they don't get cuts from your sales of the renders you do, they get a cut from the base product, that's it.

If we're talking about increasing Daz's business,  that still doesn't make sense- a collectible for personal use doesn't increase their business, it's a lone figure sitting above a fireplace. Ordering duplicate copies and reselling them increases their business, in more ways than one. In addition to larger orders, more people know about it, it's marketing. 

There's still no attempt at an official explanation as to this practice of limiting it to just personal use. 

I'm thinking the vendor would be more than happy to have orders with multiple copies of the same figure for the customer to resell, but I can't speak for them. The figurines are quite nice, BTW. 

• 2 quick questions

1. Can we print up nude models?

2. Do you do life size?

Asking for a friend laugh

2 quick questions

2. Do you do life size?

Asking for a friend laugh

For around $6000, there are other/better places that can do that, LOL.

• thd777thd777 Posts: 932
    edited October 2017
    Novica said:
    They are already getting 50% of 250.00 and they don't get cuts from your sales of the renders you do, they get a cut from the base product, that's it.

The prints are NOT sold via DAZ's store (they are direct sale via the plug-in), so the default 50% or whatever doesn't apply. We have no idea if or how large a percentage DAZ gets from each print sale. That will be up to whatever licensing agreement GamePrint has negotiated with DAZ and we will probably never know, nor is it our business.

Ciao

TD 

Post edited by thd777 on
  • nmargie_d65db43582nmargie_d65db43582 Posts: 156
    edited October 2017

When you say we can send our models into daz would this be the same as someone making a model in say blender then using your MakePrintable and Fabrelic services to order a print? Also if I import a model of my own creation into Daz and send it to you through GamePrint could I sell it or does adding Daz to the pipeline prevent that?   

GamePrint said:
    Hanabi said:

Question. What about assets that are not from DAZ. If I model something myself or use a freebie (with the proper license), will that convert properly? Or are we restricted only to our DAZ libraries?

You can import the models into Daz and then use the plugin, no problem wink

Post edited by nmargie_d65db43582 on

2 quick questions

It is on a model by model basis, our production team will review it and decide if it meets our terms of use 

2. Do you do life size?

No unfortunately

When you say we can send our models into daz would this be the same as someone making a model in say blender then using your MakePrintable and Fabrelic services to order a print?

I'm not sure if I understand the question correctly but if you have models outside Daz then it is covered by its respective license and if you have models from Daz then it is covered by Daz license, we do provide the printing and painting service regardless but you need to comply with the license of the content and our terms of use does not allow infringement of IP. 

Also if I import a model of my own creation into Daz and send it to you through GamePrint could I sell it or does adding Daz to the pipeline prevent that?   

That depends on the EULA of Daz and how it covers imported models

• Thanks for the quick response. It appears you missed the joke about the life size nude models, thats ok I am sure someone, other than myself, found it funny

• TryhardTryhard Posts: 166
    GamePrint said:

How would you guys handled cel shaded figures?

Here's what I'm making:

https://dzonatan.deviantart.com/art/DAZ3D-Patchouli-Knowledge-Staff-Equipped-v0-1-708854050

https://dzonatan.deviantart.com/art/DAZ3D-Ko-Ho-Akuma-v0-1-707878826

https://dzonatan.deviantart.com/art/DAZ3D-Hong-Meiling-Dragon-Force-UNLEASHED-v0-1-705790646

https://dzonatan.deviantart.com/art/DAZ3D-Advent-Cirno-v0-1-702279874

https://dzonatan.deviantart.com/art/DAZ3D-Hakurei-Reimu-v0-1-668326532

The models presented are part Daz3D figures like Genesis and part Miku Miku Dance (mostly head and hair) with some outside imported OBJs which are flat parented (non fitted) to model.

We've done flat shaded models before, our team will mimic the look and feel as much as possible and our tech will merge all geometries together so that it can print smoothly without issues, I will check if it is possible to share images of those prints or not. 

Also, our team will use any references you provide in order to mimic the look and feel, in case of a flat shaded model then it can be a screenshot from a certain angle.

So... did you got permission to show anime prints?

Thanks for the quick response. It appears you missed the joke about the life size nude models, thats ok I am sure someone, other than myself, found it funny

GamePrint said:

Here's what I'm making:

https://dzonatan.deviantart.com/art/DAZ3D-Patchouli-Knowledge-Staff-Equipped-v0-1-708854050

https://dzonatan.deviantart.com/art/DAZ3D-Hong-Meiling-Dragon-Force-UNLEASHED-v0-1-705790646

The models presented are part Daz3D figures like Genesis and part Miku Miku Dance (mostly head and hair) with some outside imported OBJs which are flat parented (non fitted) to model.

We've done flat shaded models before, our team will mimic the look and feel as much as possible and our tech will merge all geometries together so that it can print smoothly without issues, I will check if it is possible to share images of those prints or not. 

Also, our team will use any references you provide in order to mimic the look and feel, in case of a flat shaded model then it can be a screenshot from a certain angle.

Not sure what you mean but flat shading is used in a lot of games and graphics techniques, can you be more specific?

• TryhardTryhard Posts: 166
    GamePrint said:
    GamePrint said:

Here's what I'm making:

Not sure what you mean but flat shading is used in a lot of games and graphics techniques, can you be more specific?

You said:

I will check if it is possible to share images of those prints or not. 

So Im still waiting until you show those images.

GamePrint said:
    GamePrint said:

Here's what I'm making:

You said:

I will check if it is possible to share images of those prints or not. 

So Im still waiting until you show those images.

Still waiting for the green light from the content owner.

There's news in the EULA about commercial 3D print. It now has a section in 1.0 subpoint four that says

"Some Content offers User the ability to purchase an add-on license for Commercial 3D Printing. The additional rights granted to User for a specific piece of Content due to the purchase of such an add-on license is outlined in the 5.0 Addendum to this Agreement. "

and further down:

5.0 Commercial 3D Print Add-On License

For any User who has purchased one or more Commercial 3D Print Add-On Licenses via the DAZ store, the terms of this Addendum 5.0 apply to all Content that the User has purchased such a Commercial 3D Print Add-On License for.

All Content that can be identified according to the above criteria shall hereinafter be referred to as “Print Content”. The terms of this addendum 5.0 do not apply to any other Content.

For all Print Content the creation of three-dimensional physical representations of the Print Content or any three-dimensional art derived from the Print Content is permitted for personal as well as commercial use by the User so long as it is produced by 3D Printing. The number of such Commercial prints allowed to be made of the Content by the purchase of a Commercial 3D Print Add-On License for that Content is limited to Twenty (20).

In order to produce more than twenty commercial 3D prints of Content User should contact Daz 3D customer service by opening a support ticket and request the ability to purchase additional Commercial 3D Print Add-On Licenses for the Content.