Not To Worry, Friend, "There's Always Another Sale™"

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,566
    L'Adair said:
    Taoz said:
    L'Adair said:

Just a heads up for Daz. Morris is a Featured Artist today, but his store is in the Mega Fast Grab listings.

But discounts are wrong, at least for some of their items - alone its only 40% (should be 65), with a Debut New Release it's 71.5% (should be 75). Probably because the store is in two different categories with conflicting discounts.

Morris should not have been listed in the Mega Fast Grab, as they are a Feature Artist with a new release today. When this gets straightened out, you won't be seeing higher discounts. But they are messed up, as far as I could tell, even for a Featured Artist.

Anyone get the Morris Genesis 8 Female Texture MR set and can tell me if there is a no brow option or if the brow is on a seperate layer?

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,732
    L'Adair said:
    Taoz said:
    L'Adair said:

Just a heads up for Daz. Morris is a Featured Artist today, but his store is in the Mega Fast Grab listings.

But discounts are wrong, at least for some of their items - alone its only 40% (should be 65), with a Debut New Release it's 71.5% (should be 75). Probably because the store is in two different categories with conflicting discounts.

Morris should not have been listed in the Mega Fast Grab, as they are a Feature Artist with a new release today. When this gets straightened out, you won't be seeing higher discounts. But they are messed up, as far as I could tell, even for a Featured Artist.

Probably a mistake it's in MFG yes.

• L'Adair said:
    Nath said:

LOL! So you think, maybe, the heel is a little high for the advertised purpose of the boots?
    laugh

Looks like off the road or street and into the club or coffee shop

L'Adair said:
    Nath said:

LOL! So you think, maybe, the heel is a little high for the advertised purpose of the boots?
    laugh

My GF has a pair very close to those, same style and heel. Of course there is no way i am getting her to go hiking, boots or not, LOL.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    L'Adair said:
    Nath said:

laugh

My GF has a pair very close to those, same style and heel. Of course there is no way i am getting her to go hiking, boots or not, LOL.

Oh, I think they're cute. More of a "cold weather in the city, but I still want to be fasionable" look. There is plenty of traction in the sole for snow and ice on the street. The heels are a bit impractical for that sort of weather, but servicable. I just can't picture these on any woman serious about hiking or "off roading."

Athough it could make for a cute scene where he's wearing Nomad and she's wearing the pants from Casual Cool and the Off Shoulder Sweater, along with those boots. Toss in a snowy Stonemason set... and voila! ("But Ragnar, You told me I'd need a sweater and warm boots...)
    angel

• firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,455
    L'Adair said:
    L'Adair said:
    Nath said:

laugh

Oh, I think they're cute. More of a "cold weather in the city, but I still want to be fasionable" look. There is plenty of traction in the sole for snow and ice on the street. The heels are a bit impractical for that sort of weather, but servicable. I just can't picture these on any woman serious about hiking or "off roading."

Athough it could make for a cute scene where he's wearing Nomad and she's wearing the pants from Casual Cool and the Off Shoulder Sweater, along with those boots. Toss in a snowy Stonemason set... and voila! ("But Ragnar, You told me I'd need a sweater and warm boots...)
    angel

Ah, man, ROFL! You gotta do that with captions!

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited October 2017

G3 and G8 Character Versions

I don't know if anyone else has started doing this, but as I'm shopping lately, I'm more likely to buy a character if they have both G3 and G8 options. Not all PAs are doing that, but I wanted to give feedback because often it does affect my buying choice. I like G8 but still use G3 a lot. I simply have more tools for those- Wear Them All, Centaurs, Mermaids, Creature add-ons, etc.

I get a LOT of crashing lately trying to fit some of the G3 outfits to G8 with the built-in autofit. It's really frustrating. It's usually on one piece of a set, but I need to start taking notes and looking at the logs to see if I can isolate it (the latest one was the loin wrap on Arki's Fire Bride for G3F.)

That said, I would rather just use the G3 version of the character if I don't need intricate posing and expressions. So please, PAs, keep making characters for both versions, at least until there are more tools out. 

Post edited by Llynara on
    edited October 2017
    L'Adair said:
    L'Adair said:
    Nath said:

laugh

angel

LOL, yeah, they are now on my wishlist and would be great for a winter scene I am working on

snowyscenewip.jpg
    1544 x 870 - 2M
    Post edited by FSMCDesigns on
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    edited October 2017
    Llynara said:

I don't know if anyone else has started doing this, but as I'm shopping lately, I'm more likely to buy a character if they have both G3 and G8 options. Not all PAs are doing that, but I wanted to give feedback because often it does affect my buying choice. I like G8 but still use G3 a lot. I simply have more tools for those- Wear Them All, Centaurs, Mermaids, Creature add-ons, etc.

I've been doing this too. And not just with characters, but clothing and hair. It won't sway me to buy something I really don't like or can't really use, but if I'm trying to decide between two products, the one with support for G3 and G8 is the one that goes into the cart.

As for fitting G3 clothes to G8 characters, @Llynara, I've got a solution that works for just about anything but high-heeled shoes. A variation on SY's tutorial, and something you could do on the fly, (though I've been saving the outfits for future use.)  PM me if you're interested.

Post edited by L'Adair on
  • AtiAti Posts: 9,081
    L'Adair said:
    L'Adair said:
    Nath said:

laugh

angel

LOL, yeah, they are now on my wishlist and would be great for a winter scene I am working on

That looks nice, great job!

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

L'Adair said:
    L'Adair said:
    Nath said:

laugh

angel

I think I saw this scene a year ago or so. lol

• firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,455
    Llynara said:

I get a LOT of crashing lately trying to fit some of the G3 outfits to G8 with the built-in autofit. It's really frustrating. It's usually on one piece of a set, but I need to start taking notes and looking at the logs to see if I can isolate it (the latest one was the loin wrap on Arki's Fire Bride for G3F.)

That said, I would rather just use the G3 version of the character if I don't need intricate posing and expressions. So please, PAs, keep making characters for both versions, at least until there are more tools out. 

Same here. I'm only buying things that are for both.

Llynara said:

Same here. I'm only buying things that are for both.

If it's just the texture you're interested in, and not particularly the shape, you can wear G8 textures on G3 figures. So even figures that don't say "for G3 and G8" the textures are compatable with both reguardless. I've been using V8's texture on some of my G3 characters. :)

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited October 2017

Using the skins interchangeably is great, but I also like being able to use the entire character for either generation right out of the box. Convenience and generation compatibility are good selling points for all of us who already have a ton of items in our product libraries, especially as we wait for G8 to mature content-wise. There are some good things out already, but G3 just has so many incredible tools and add-ons, and some are difficult to port over, such as the centaurs. I refuse to give those up! Not sure if the mermaid stuff will work or not. 

L'adair, I'm doing that for clothes and especially hair. I'm surprised at how many G3 items were also made for G2 and V4. I've been picking those up as they go on really good sales, and keeping an eye out for hair that is compatible between generations or genders. Granted, it's not hard to get hair on a character it isn't made for. Again, mainly convenience at this point! 

EDITED TO ADD: I'm also loving it when PAs include LIE makeups. It's nice to have those available across characters. None of the PAs have to do any of these things, but I'll definitely give them my appreciation and my money if they do! 

Post edited by Llynara on
  • jardinejardine Posts: 1,190
    Llynara said:

same here...definitely.  :)

i love the improved expressions the g8 characters offer.  but a vendor who understands that i want to keep all the tools and resources i've gathered for G3 useful is my ally. 

i'm at least twice as likely to pick up a new character these days if G3 is supported too.  :)

j

LOL, could be, been working on it for awhile. I tend to revisit older scenes often and add new characters, new props or add new techniqes to them.

•  

LOL, could be, been working on it for awhile. I tend to revisit older scenes often and add new characters, new props or add new techniqes to them.

As they say Art is never finished

• Yup. I'm not even considering items for G8 only as a general rule - but if it has G3 and G8 support, I'll buy it. Clothes, hair and charcters. There is this flood of G8 content coming out, and I ignore almost all of it. 

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Wow, they're getting bad about turning the site over on time. They're almost thirty minutes late! (and I'm doing a hard refresh, CTRL+F5. The main promo is up (and has been) but it's going to the sale from yesterday. (Angels.)  I assume they know that.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,313

Its OK for me if I click on the banner i get todays sale items not yesterdays.

• It's working now. But, the extra 20% off featured artists isn't applying.  

• It's working now. But, the extra 20% off featured artists isn't applying.  

NM...just noticed that it doesn't apply to new releases. 

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    scorpio said:

Its OK for me if I click on the banner i get todays sale items not yesterdays.

Yep, it turned over 29 minutes late, a minute after I posted. 

• N-RArtsN-RArts Posts: 1,436

Eek! Finally got Face Gen *Dances* heart

Eek! Finally got Face Gen *Dances* heart

Congrats! :D 

I've been wanting to get it for ages, but even at 50% off it's still $70. So pass for me. lol I'll have to wait for a better discount. :)

• Eek! Finally got Face Gen *Dances* heart

Congrats! :D 

I've been wanting to get it for ages, but even at 50% off it's still $70. So pass for me. lol I'll have to wait for a better discount. :)

I would have loved to get it at $70.  I bought it directly from the FG folks before Daz had it.  Cost me $150...but still worth it. :)

• I finally got FaceGen Pro for under $50 right at the start of the last PA sale. I've been watching and watching. I'd seen it that low once before - but that was a glitch and got fixed before I could pull the trigger. 

​It was the biggest highlight of the last sale. Other than that.... I paid more than I would like for a lot of stuff that rarely goes on sale at all - but I think I spent too much on this PA sale and I'm going to put the breaks on unless things are super discounted, going forward. 

​Speaking of which... the whole "things not turning over right at Daz Midnight..." 

​I think they're getting better about sanity checking their sales in a scratchbox environment before they go live with them - which is why we're seeing far fewer glitches. They're catching them and fixing them before they shoot them out to us, which is delaying the go-live more frequently. 

• dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

I see The Digivault now in Mega Fast Grab but still at only 40% off. Which I expect is the correct price and it's in the wrong category, but just in case....

• Strange.  It's semi-alphabetical on the mega fast grabs, but Simon3D, sugatak, and Uzilite got skipped.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,323
    edited October 2017

It looks like the biweekly freebies (which have been up for 2 weeks) haven't changed today. I wonder if it is because today is a U.S. Holiday (Columbus Day) and if they will change tomorrow.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
This discussion has been closed.