The Doctor Appreciation thread

1242526272830»

Comments

• YES, YES, YES!!! I finally have a Tardis. MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!  KRAIG'S https://www.daz3d.com/historic-police-box  finally went on sale so if you are in need, now is the time to buy.  Once I pick up Vanishing Point's Console Room Interior over at Rendo....

• blutobluto Posts: 571

does anybody know where to find a good river song morph for v4?

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 6,087

YES, YES, YES!!! I finally have a Tardis. MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!  KRAIG'S https://www.daz3d.com/historic-police-box  finally went on sale so if you are in need, now is the time to buy.

Bought it in the sale, finally remembered to install it. Very nice, and I like that it includes the red texture as well as the traditional blue. Just one disappointment; when you open the small phone door, all you see is the blank interior. No phone, no box to put the phone in, nothing. I would have liked at least some kind of interior detail.

• Miss Bad WolfMiss Bad Wolf Posts: 19,139

Found a way to see BBCA's Doctor Who on my computer, but I want to watch it on my iPad.  Hopefully the BBCA app will play the episodes for me on the iPad.  I rather play with DS on computer while watching Who on my iPad.

Found a way to see BBCA's Doctor Who on my computer, but I want to watch it on my iPad.  Hopefully the BBCA app will play the episodes for me on the iPad.  I rather play with DS on computer while watching Who on my iPad.

Correction, I can only watch the first episode of Jodi for free but for the rest I need to login.  I do not have a login for my cable, which is not really mine.

• Anyone find a look alike for Jodie Whittaker yet?  I think with a little dial spinning we can make Edward 8 look close to Bradley Walsh.  Not sure about who to use for Tosin Cole or Mandip Gil yet.

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 782

Anyone find a look alike for Jodie Whittaker yet?  I think with a little dial spinning we can make Edward 8 look close to Bradley Walsh.  Not sure about who to use for Tosin Cole or Mandip Gil yet.

You might want to contact MGHSFAN2k who has been working upon a Whittaker likeness using Victoria 4.  Here are the first example which lead into the next page or two.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/2695891/#Comment_2695891

Sincerely,

Bill

• blutobluto Posts: 571
    MGHSFAN2k said:

Is this a good finishing point for Jodie/13th Doctor?

Is there any update on this one
  • RedfernRedfern Posts: 782
    edited November 6

My company sponsored an "employee appreciation" luncheon yesterday and management actually encouraged "dressing up".

So I dressed as my favorite Doctor, Tom Baker.

It's more of a "close enough" approach with the only screen accurate element being the scarf (based upon the stitch pattern for sereies 12, Tom's debut year).  the only parts I bought specifically for the luncheon were the wig and the blazer.  Everything else I already possessed for a few years already.  Ironically, the wig cost more at 20 bucks compared to the blazser I got at GoodWill...for less than 7 dollars!

Sincerely,

Bill

EDIT:  Please forgive the "obscuring" circle.  I've been adviced by people in the company for whom I work to maintain a certain level of anonymity.

4th-Doctor-Redfern-Anon-J-1.jpg
    500 x 1209 - 102K
    Post edited by Redfern on
  • Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,388

Nice one!

Got the latest season of Doctor Who and downloaded 3 episodes so far onto iPad.

• grinch2901grinch2901 Posts: 1,100
    Redfern said:

EDIT:  Please forgive the "obscuring" circle.  I've been adviced by people in the company for whom I work to maintain a certain level of anonymity.

Too late, we can identify you by the 8 foot scarf and the mop of curly hair. If we find more than one we might need to use posession of a sonic screwdriver to identify you specifically but that's easy enough.

I am enjoying Jodie.  She is great!