The Doctor Appreciation thread

1242526272830»

Comments

• YES, YES, YES!!! I finally have a Tardis. MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!  KRAIG'S https://www.daz3d.com/historic-police-box  finally went on sale so if you are in need, now is the time to buy.  Once I pick up Vanishing Point's Console Room Interior over at Rendo....

• blutobluto Posts: 580

does anybody know where to find a good river song morph for v4?

• YES, YES, YES!!! I finally have a Tardis. MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!  KRAIG'S https://www.daz3d.com/historic-police-box  finally went on sale so if you are in need, now is the time to buy.

Bought it in the sale, finally remembered to install it. Very nice, and I like that it includes the red texture as well as the traditional blue. Just one disappointment; when you open the small phone door, all you see is the blank interior. No phone, no box to put the phone in, nothing. I would have liked at least some kind of interior detail.

• Miss Bad WolfMiss Bad Wolf Posts: 21,186

Found a way to see BBCA's Doctor Who on my computer, but I want to watch it on my iPad.  Hopefully the BBCA app will play the episodes for me on the iPad.  I rather play with DS on computer while watching Who on my iPad.

• Miss Bad WolfMiss Bad Wolf Posts: 21,186

Found a way to see BBCA's Doctor Who on my computer, but I want to watch it on my iPad.  Hopefully the BBCA app will play the episodes for me on the iPad.  I rather play with DS on computer while watching Who on my iPad.

Correction, I can only watch the first episode of Jodi for free but for the rest I need to login.  I do not have a login for my cable, which is not really mine.

• Anyone find a look alike for Jodie Whittaker yet?  I think with a little dial spinning we can make Edward 8 look close to Bradley Walsh.  Not sure about who to use for Tosin Cole or Mandip Gil yet.

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 985

Anyone find a look alike for Jodie Whittaker yet?  I think with a little dial spinning we can make Edward 8 look close to Bradley Walsh.  Not sure about who to use for Tosin Cole or Mandip Gil yet.

You might want to contact MGHSFAN2k who has been working upon a Whittaker likeness using Victoria 4.  Here are the first example which lead into the next page or two.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/2695891/#Comment_2695891

Sincerely,

Bill

• blutobluto Posts: 580
    MGHSFAN2k said:

Is this a good finishing point for Jodie/13th Doctor?

Is there any update on this one
    edited November 2018

My company sponsored an "employee appreciation" luncheon yesterday and management actually encouraged "dressing up".

So I dressed as my favorite Doctor, Tom Baker.

It's more of a "close enough" approach with the only screen accurate element being the scarf (based upon the stitch pattern for sereies 12, Tom's debut year).  the only parts I bought specifically for the luncheon were the wig and the blazer.  Everything else I already possessed for a few years already.  Ironically, the wig cost more at 20 bucks compared to the blazser I got at GoodWill...for less than 7 dollars!

Sincerely,

Bill

EDIT:  Please forgive the "obscuring" circle.  I've been adviced by people in the company for whom I work to maintain a certain level of anonymity.

4th-Doctor-Redfern-Anon-J-1.jpg
    500 x 1209 - 102K
    Post edited by Redfern on
  • Nice one!

• Got the latest season of Doctor Who and downloaded 3 episodes so far onto iPad.

• grinch2901grinch2901 Posts: 1,169
    Redfern said:

EDIT:  Please forgive the "obscuring" circle.  I've been adviced by people in the company for whom I work to maintain a certain level of anonymity.

Too late, we can identify you by the 8 foot scarf and the mop of curly hair. If we find more than one we might need to use posession of a sonic screwdriver to identify you specifically but that's easy enough.

• I am enjoying Jodie.  She is great!

• ANGELREAPER1972ANGELREAPER1972 Posts: 3,222

on the offical Doctor Who facebook page there is a competition to have your artwork used for a new Doctor Who tshirt

Image may contain: 1 person, text

https://www.facebook.com/DoctorWho/photos/a.182096918471010/3098771033470236/?type=3&theater

doctorwho.tv/competitions/fan-art

edited August 7

Referencing material at a site called tardisbuilders.com, I've improved the proportions and scale of my old Tom Baker console Poser based prop. I also took the opportunity to modify the mapping. When I released it around 2004, the UVs for the readout display were upside down, meaning any graphic had to be spun 180 degrees to properly display. I could have left it at that one correction, but I wound up tweaking just about every surface, spending several hours Saturday and Sunday doing so.

I also corrected the height of the hat stand (can't recall where I got it) and I adjusted the size of a rigged K-9 figure (by Dodger) to have a 30 inch length base. Funny enough, I did NOT have to resize CastIronFlamingo's control room. The builder's forum reveal the main entrance doors stand 84 inches (7 feet) and they were already that height.

The big divergence from the real life set is the inclusion of the suspended hexagon array. That was an element from the early Hartnell serials, but was eventually discarded. The geometry came from a model my Richard Marklew. And the central column is one Aldemp made specifically to replace the admittedly mediocre one I originally supplied with my prop.

Oh, we are looking through the main entrance framed by the distinctive zigzag doorway. The overall arrangement is inspired (meaning I've acknowledged some "liberties") by the layout of Tom Baker's final year and Peter Davison's first.

Sincerely,

Bill

Console-S-15-J-1.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 79K
    Post edited by Chohole on