The Doctor Appreciation thread

Comments

• Nod64Nod64 Posts: 35
    edited December 1969

aldemps said:
    Just messing about.

Deathmetaldesk's new free Cyber-Head (Renderosity) on M3 with Marauder armour.

Looks very good indeed. :coolsmile:

edited December 1969

aldemps said:
    bluto said:
    aldemps said:
    Thanks for pointing out the chest unit.
    Updated my Cyber Hybrids.

wow , I am impressed , what body are you using . that one is very cool

It's Mike 3 with some of the Marauder armour, the harness from Lone Wolf set, gloves from Major Cache & gun from MOS Invasion.
    (all available from DAZ).
    I used a free leather proceedural texture (from RDNA) on the bare skin & tried to recolour it to give a metalic look.

I was aiming to create a sort of hybrid cyberman - somewhere between classic series & the new cybusman type.

This is what the new Cybermen should have looked like when they returned. I was never a fan if the Cybus ones.

• nightkinnightkin Posts: 194
    edited December 1969

Redfern said:
    Here's DeathMetalDesk's "Nightmare in Silver" helmet positioned atop a recently released movie IronMan suit, something that looks 'close enough" to the latest Cyber suit..

Alas, if you didn't download the helmet between Thursday and Friday (6/27 - 6/28), you're out of luck. DeathMetalDesk pulled the item from the freebie section sometime last night.

No, he didn't seem upset in a follow-up message. He just seemed to have a very specific goal in mind. Bluto had wondered about a NiS helmet; DMD accepted the challenge and made it; Bluto downloaded the model; so DMD's work was done.

I just feel sorry for anyone who stumbles across that thread after this point. They'll be out of luck. (And alas, DMD states in a "read-me" file that we who were lucky enough to download it can not redistribute it. One will have to contact him.)

Sincerely,

Bill

is this helmet by deathmetaldesk still downloadable from somewhere? i tried renderosity, but cant find it there, so i assume it has been pulled.

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,577
    edited December 1969

Someone provided this link two pages ago.

It appears to still be valid.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0ByIxWY9EMK8jODEweWxKa3hURk0/edit?usp=sharing

Sincerely,

Bill

edited September 2013

Here's a little pic that I did a while back. It uses Stonemason's Dark Star set. (SamTherapy's Dalek on the right. Mine on the left.)

This is the Carrara version.

Dals2a-small.jpg
    1000 x 650 - 607K
    Post edited by Nod64 on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,678
    edited October 2013

So the last Smith Episode will be in November? or December?

Post edited by Sfariah D on
  • jerriecanjerriecan Posts: 470
    edited December 1969

December - he's scheduled to leave during the Christmas special.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,678
    edited December 1969

jerriecan said:
    December - he's scheduled to leave during the Christmas special.

So good, two more Smith episodes. :coolgrin: :-)

• Dr StupidDr Stupid Posts: 313
    edited December 1969

Just watched Night of the Doctor on iPlayer. Didn't see THAT coming! Awesome. Check it out Miss Kulay :-)

• Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,686
    edited December 1969

Dr Stupid said:
    Just watched Night of the Doctor on iPlayer. Didn't see THAT coming! Awesome. Check it out Miss Kulay :-)

It's on YouTube, too. A very nice torque in the continuity!
    edited December 1969

Proof that someone needs more screen time than they got.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Dr Stupid said:
    Just watched Night of the Doctor on iPlayer.

And there shall be a mass blowing off of socks all across the land..

Fascinating. Wonder if there'll be any more mini-episodes, or are we on our own until it's time...?

• subluminalsubluminal Posts: 15
    edited December 1969

Someone needs to show the PAs today's costume because WOW.

I'd be happy with just the boots. Smay could do an M6 version of his/her excellent V5 boots.

http://static03.mediaite.com/themarysue/uploads/2013/11/PaulMcGannDW50th.jpg

• icehawk_629b49c68bicehawk_629b49c68b Posts: 15
    edited December 1969

Playing with some cyber variations using Marklew's Earthshock Cyber head and Chest piece, and Rob Semenoffs Cybergun :cheese:

Cyberman_ES_034.jpg
    800 x 600 - 518K
  • blutobluto Posts: 823
    edited December 1969

while this is not an exact science I thing you will see that much may be done with mixing and matching daz clothing for m4
    its not perfect but its damn close to what paul is sporting in the teaser pics

Render_2.jpg
    340 x 580 - 53K
  • Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,686
    edited December 1969

Thank you, Redfern, for the Tom Baker morphs! They've been added to the Who Freebie List.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

season7 part1 & 2 is waiting for me at home. and the snowmen special. tracking # says delivered. :)

am i supposed to watch snowmen between 1 & 2? or does it come first? or after. i'm terribly worried about the Ponds after reading the review for snowmen special.

• ncampncamp Posts: 345
    edited December 1969

season7 part1 & 2 is waiting for me at home. and the snowmen special. tracking # says delivered. :)

am i supposed to watch snowmen between 1 & 2? or does it come first? or after. i'm terribly worried about the Ponds after reading the review for snowmen special.

I think it is between episode 5 & 6 (which would make it between Part 1 and Part 2. Part 1 was fall. Snowmen were the Christmas special, and Part 2 was after Christmas.

ncamp

• Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Posts: 1,145
    edited December 1969

Correct it takes place after episode 5 "The Angels Take Manhattan" and before episode 6 "The Bells of Saint John".

edited December 1969

the angel statues are back :bug:

last night i watched up to the cubes episode. unflateable cubes. :)

edited December 1969

I hate those weeping angels.

edited December 1969

theyz scary. killer statues. eeks!

dinosaus in space. :) bad guy was the squib guy from Harry Potter movies.

edited December 1969

Rory's dad was Ron's dad in Harry Potter as well.

edited November 2013

oh yeahhh - Mr. Weasly. and the Farscapes actor was on the gunslinger episode. Madame Hooch was in an episode, can't remember which one.

watched the Manhattan angels episode. eeeek! ackkk! :bug: man hungry snowmans. met Clara.

do they save Rory and Amy in another episode?

Post edited by Mistara on
  • RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,577
    edited December 1969

And David Bradley will play the actor William Hartnell tonight in the docu-drama "An Adventure in Space and Time" which recounts how the series Doctor Who was created in the early 60s. That will air tonight at 9 PM Eastern on BBC America.

Sincerely,

Bill

edited December 1969

Mark Gatiss's An Adventure in Space and Time was excellent, and for those who can get hold of it, the Culture Show special "Me, You and Doctor Who" is well worth watching, probably the best of the plethora of documentaries I've seen recently.

Happy DW Day for all those watching Day tonight. I'll be at the local cinema and have my bow tie at the ready :-)

• none01ohonenone01ohone Posts: 862
    edited December 1969

Although I'm not a Dr Who fan, I thought an Adventure in Space and Time was very good. I know during casting they look for actors who obviously resemble the characters, but they all had an uncanny likeness.
    Will watch the 50th tonight only because John Hurt is in it.

• qazartqazart Posts: 86
    edited December 1969

Celebrating Doctor Who 50th Anniversary

Amy and Clara

amy_and_clara_2_1920.jpg
    1920 x 1241 - 258K
    edited December 1969

Although I'm not a Dr Who fan, I thought an Adventure in Space and Time was very good. I know during casting they look for actors who obviously resemble the characters, but they all had an uncanny likeness.
    Will watch the 50th tonight only because John Hurt is in it.

The attention to detail was, typically for Gatiss, spot on and I found it very evocative. Although most of the time I don't know if I'm coming or going these days, I do recall vividly watching episode 1 in '63!

Watching the show tonight for John Hurt is as good a reason as any! I'm sure he'll be fantastic. Enjoy :-)

edited December 1969

Nice one qazarly!