Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 4

Comments

• StuartBStuartB Posts: 596
    edited December 1969

@David - that bike picture could have been rendered with a bit of soft shadows ...

The hair could do with a little less transparency too. :)

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,163
    edited December 1969

@Jamahoney - but that ghostie render looks good.

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited December 1969

Cheers, Bigh, Horo...the work went another way that even surprised me. Spooky! ;)

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited April 2013

@Horo: Thanks.

@Jay: Love the atmosphere the light creates.

Oy, I forgot to post my latest image. After watching the video on the Mentoring DVD, and producing my previous image, I did the same thing with my mirrored sphere. Antialiasing to the longest, but I liked the results.

Sphere_Mirror_Blue_757_x_758_6_dbm5_5.png
    757 x 757 - 1M
    Post edited by GussNemo on
    edited December 1969

A bit busy, but lovely.

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

StuartB4 said:
    @David - that bike picture could have been rendered with a bit of soft shadows ...

The hair could do with a little less transparency too. :)

Yes thank you for that.

I'm distressed to see the website is on the fritz again... I hope this doesn't mean we are returning to the bad old days of last year.

Anyhow, Jamie, the mirroring abstracts are coming along - as Horo suggest there is a lot going on in your render, but... from what I can see, that's entirely down to the material used and not the approach you have taken. Now you might want to give some consideration to the density of information in your image, at the moment it is a bit unrelenting and uniform. If you take a squizz at TLBKlaus's selection on the previous page you will see his renders have some more variation in density across the render. Just an idea.

Jay the ghost image is excellent, fantastic effect you have achieved there!

Here's a bit of an advertisement for me and Horo, this scene rendered in 12 minutes on my machine, incorporates well, obviously the little toon alien from here and and Phillip Drawbridges's bug model - I think - please correct me if I am wrong. A HDRI by Horo with an integrated ground area - see if you can spot the joins - all viewed through the extra wide angle lens from the lens and filters set currently on offer in the shop http://www.daz3d.com/bryce-7-1-pro-lenses-and-filters (image size 1133x850)

Lekroof_wide1.jpg
    1133 x 850 - 288K
    edited December 1969

Thank you Horo and David for the comments, they are helpful.

@David: TLBKlaus produces very inspirational abstracts, and those you refer to made my mouth water. And I'd love to learn how those type are created. I think I've an idea how they're done, after watching your video on the Mentoring DVD, but setting up things still eludes me. The object used in my last image was a two part woven cube, which accounts for it being a very busy image, as Horo said. But I don't understand what you mean by considering the density of information in the image, or how it would be taken into account. Creating any abstract is really new to me, so any help/information anyone can give me will be much appreciated. Anyone's 2 cents is worth a million dollars to me.

edited December 1969

GussNemo said:

@David: TLBKlaus produces very inspirational abstracts, and those you refer to made my mouth water. And I'd love to learn how those type are created. I think I've an idea how they're done, after watching your video on the Mentoring DVD, but setting up things still eludes me. The object used in my last image was a two part woven cube, which accounts for it being a very busy image, as Horo said. But I don't understand what you mean by considering the density of information in the image, or how it would be taken into account. Creating any abstract is really new to me, so any help/information anyone can give me will be much appreciated. Anyone's 2 cents is worth a million dollars to me.

Your image is uniformly "busy" - for want of a better word, but if you can have area's that are less "busy" then these offer a bit of relief for your eye and can be used as a focus for the composition. This could be achieved by a bit of haze to soften the busyness.

edited December 1969

Something of an add and something of a tut. Actually that's what the title tell you, so I guess, I'll just post the link.

Bit of an advert for the EWL and a short tutorial combined - by David Brinnen

Ewl+met2_testv2.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 489K
    Ewl+met2_testv1.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 437K
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

GussNemo said:

I have dime - sent me my money now :roll:

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

GussNemo said:
    Anyone's 2 cents is worth a million dollars to me.

Only if the 2 cents is reflected lots of times in well placed mirror blocks. :-)
    edited December 1969

@David Brinnen - these tiny planet thingies look fascinating.

• TLBKlausTLBKlaus Posts: 70
    edited April 2013

GussNemo said:

@David: TLBKlaus produces very inspirational abstracts, and those you refer to made my mouth water. And I'd love to learn how those type are created.

Well ty very much, and I can help a little with that... here's a tutorial on basic reflective abstracts:

http://tlbklaus.deviantart.com/art/Bryce-Reflective-Abstract-tut-30916500?q=gallery:tlbklaus/23740676&qo=0

...a two-parter on the mirrored cubes style:

http://tlbklaus.deviantart.com/art/Bryce-quot-Nexus-quot-Tutorial-pt-1-2-33508929?q=gallery:tlbklaus/23740676&qo=1

http://tlbklaus.deviantart.com/art/Bryce-quot-Nexus-quot-Tutorial-pt-3-4-33508977?q=gallery:tlbklaus/23740676&qo=2

...and one on the busier kind. :D

http://tlbklaus.deviantart.com/art/Colorplexity-Tutorial-52774259?q=gallery:tlbklaus/23740676&qo=3

Post edited by TLBKlaus on
  • Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

Have spent the last few days sorting out that Dragon so I have more than one to use in Bryce.

GreenDragonClose.jpg
    1280 x 800 - 327K
    GreenDragonBump.jpg
    1280 x 800 - 448K
    edited December 1969

@bigH: Uh huh, right after I win the multi-million dollar lottery.

@David: Thank you for your comments. I see now what you mean after watching your latest video. Something can be busy, but it should not necessarily be the vocal point of the image. The image below are from the first link TLBKlaus gave.

@Dave: If that 2 cents were placed correctly in a mirrored object you'd eventually get the million dollars. Good work on the first dragon. Excellent work on the closeup of the face, the DOF. and fire. Did you have in mind the fire already coming from the dragon's mouth, or just starting. If just starting, wouldn't there be more of a thick ball of plasma right inside the mouth?

@TLBKlaus: Thank you very much for the links. I worked through the first one and laughed at myself after seeing how simple it was setting up everything. Can you say, duh? My first try is below. Again thanks.

Deviant_Sphere_Mirror_3.png
    1024 x 568 - 789K
    edited December 1969

@TLBKlaus - oldies but goldies. Thanks for sharing.

@Dave - that dragi in the stove in winter would be quite helpful.

@GussNemo - good student. Very nice abstract, calm and calming colours.

edited December 1969

Something a bit exotic...
    Bryce 7.1 Pro Advanced - rendering inside photographs - by David Brinnen

Which if you watch to the end also incorporates a little bit of an advert for something special Horo and I have got in the pipeline ;)

Alien_in_photo_col1.jpg
    850 x 850 - 84K
    edited December 1969

Cute :) Video is good, too. Tanks!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited April 2013

my latest render (or render set) is in a contest It's a Spring Fairy
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=3&aid=62698_68ZowX0Bhh6NoG4z8wH1&board_id=1

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

@Horo: Thanks.

@David: Real nice video, and resulting images.

After working through one of TLBKlaus's tutorials, I dropped some objects in the sphere I've been playing with. Then I followed another of his tutorials called Nexus, a sphere with three cylinders running through the middle and torii on each arm. With this one I played around with color and specularity, and produced one that had green for the torii but with specular turned up to 100 for the radial lights, it came out yellow with highlights. The one I particularly like is the rainbow colored one with specular for the radial lights set to 50 and the specular for the sun set to 100. As always, comments, suggestions gladly welcomed.

Sphered_Cross_Sun_Spc_100_RL_Spc_3.png
    757 x 757 - 903K
    Sphered_Cross_RL_Spc_100_2.png
    757 x 757 - 915K
    Finger_Paintint_2.png
    757 x 757 - 973K
  • Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Ohhhh, nice Guss! I especially like the last one, it's so colorful. ;-)

edited December 1969
    head_ogl2+hss7.jpg
    1400 x 1400 - 170K
  • JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited December 1969

Guss...very unusual. The first one while lacking colours like the other two below it is the one I'd choose.

Chohole...link broken?

David...is slowly building a robot...me thinks. Btw watched the photograph vid and weird things happened midway through (~11.05 min of a 27 min-long vid) - it suddenly stopped. Had to reload again...and all went fine again. Weird..but interesating technique for photo renders.

Jay

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Jamahoney said:
    Chohole...link broken?

Jay

Nope, sorry I forgot it is in the Members Only forum (Platinum club)

edited December 1969

@Pam - oh, Ready-Set-Go that's a nice idea.

@GussNemo - nice aquarelle abstract. I see a sitting lady with the head and hair hanging down in the upper left quadrant.

@David - strange idea, beautifully made.

edited December 1969

Loads of excellent stuff here as usual.
    Here's a quickie.

My daughters friend is having a baby and is calling her Ivy Rose, so I thought........
    The Rose model is from Archive 3D.net.
    Ivy is from Ivy Generator.
    Background is a quick and nasty HDRI.

IvyRose.jpg
    669 x 703 - 475K
  • TLBKlausTLBKlaus Posts: 70
    edited December 1969

@Guss glad to help... a little contrast postwork might bring out the colors some more, they tend to be a little washed out fresh from Bryce... and set the reflection depth higher and the Nexus ones will have more of an "infinite" effect. :D

• MrSilusMrSilus Posts: 71
    edited April 2013

@GussNemo Great renders! Like Miss B, I too especially like the third one :)

@David If there were doubts that Bryce could produce realistic skin tone results, your experiments certainly clears them. Very realistic indeed :)

@StuartB4 Well done and very realistic looking! I guess you should print one and offer it to your daughter's friend, if you haven't already :)

Post edited by MrSilus on
    edited December 1969

@Miss B: Thanks. I tried several different colors, but after shifting the pattern of the rainbow colors, I like those results best.

@David: Amazing results. Seems you've found a very inexpensive way of creating a cyborg, and programming it too.

@Jay: Thank you. I'd tried one of TLBKlaus's other tutorials and decided to see what I could do with the one I'd been playing with. The results weren't as I'd hoped, but that image is still rather pleasing. It's like a finger painting or a painting done with multiple colors on one brush. Live and learn.

@Horo: Nice of you to say that. I can sort of see your lady sitting there, though eye of the beholder, and all that. When it rendered my first thought was as I said to Jay, a finger painting.

@Stuart: Beautiful plant, and image. All you'd need now is a 3D printer.

@TLBKlaus: Thank you, and for the tutorials. The Nexus was the easiest to follow, so far, at least in getting results like your images. You're talking about increasing the MRD setting? I've seen what changes it makes when increased; on page 14 or 15 I posted some images with the MRD set to 25, 50, and 100. In working through your tutorials, and then trying some on my own, I still have much to learn about lighting, light settings, the relationship between reflective material and light, object placement, and which objects will work best together.

@Mr Silus: Thank you. The third on is an eye catcher.

General question:
    In the absence of any light source, does a high specular setting in a radial light produce light? Keep in mind atmosphere, clouds, sun, IBL, everything that would produce light is disabled. But with a specular setting in the radial lights of 600 light is visible. The following image is what resulted with all lighting disabled.

Star_Field_1.png
    757 x 757 - 547K
    edited December 1969

@ MrSilus

Well done and very realistic looking! I guess you should print one and offer it to your daughter’s friend, if you haven’t already

Thanks
    I did think about printing a card, but then thought it might look too much like the other end of life.
    She may think it's a bit more funereal than new life.

This discussion has been closed.