The Out Of Work & Burnin’ Down The House Complaint Thread.

Comments

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

Ledhead said:
    One of our kitty cats died this evening. We knew she was going to pass anytime because she had cancer. She was having labored breathing and we knew it was time to put her to sleep. Since the vet was already closed we had to take her to an animal hospital. They were going to put her to sleep for us, but she passed away beforehand. At least they didn't charge us since they did nothing.

We had another cat that died on the 14th of April last year. Helluva anniversary. Another reason to hate tax day.

We have a dog that is going on thirteen. She seems really healthy, but that can change quickly. I sure hope it doesn't happen the middle of next April.

We are thinking no more pets. It's just too difficult to deal with when they pass, all the suffering they go through.

Of course we really love animals so that can always change. Two puppies and two kitty's still around for us to love.

Please accept my condolences and sympathies for your loss.

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Oh, Ledhead, I am so sorry for your loss.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Ledhead said:
    One of our kitty cats died this evening. We knew she was going to pass anytime because she had cancer. She was having labored breathing and we knew it was time to put her to sleep. Since the vet was already closed we had to take her to an animal hospital. They were going to put her to sleep for us, but she passed away beforehand. At least they didn't charge us since they did nothing.

We had another cat that died on the 14th of April last year. Helluva anniversary. Another reason to hate tax day.

We have a dog that is going on thirteen. She seems really healthy, but that can change quickly. I sure hope it doesn't happen the middle of next April.

We are thinking no more pets. It's just too difficult to deal with when they pass, all the suffering they go through.

Of course we really love animals so that can always change. Two puppies and two kitty's still around for us to love.

Aw sorry to hear that, poor kitteh

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

Sorry for your loss, Ledhead.

Dana

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,576
    edited December 1969

...aww geez.

{{{ kitteh hugs }}}

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

Thanks guys. I appreciate all of you.

edited April 2013

Welcome. Sad day all round.

Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited December 1969

...in many ways.

...off to bed in a moment here. Not feeling well and all the the events today, both personal and otherwise, haven't made the situation any better. Maybe a good night's sleep will help.

Nite All. (still wish we could embed .gifs instead of attach them).

smiley-sleep018.gif
    45 x 30 - 7K
    smiley-sick010.gif
    34 x 36 - 2K
    edited December 1969

Feel better, KK! I kind of feel the same way.

Dana

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

Dana

Hopes you are both feeling a little better by now :)

edited December 1969

308 polys without the windows not so shabby. From memory the windows add up to about three and a half thousand polys, so plenty of room to manoeuvre yet :)

308.png
    1009 x 736 - 51K
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

Good Mornin :)

someone left a chocolate easter bunny on my desk. he looks delicioso. need to prune my office plant today. her name is Luissa. she's a pretty plant, i tell her so every morning i come to day job. it's easy to see she's feeling good about herself, her leaves are perky.

edited December 1969

Ledhead said:

i like to believe they become angels to watch over their families.

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

Hopes you are both feeling a little better by now :)
    ...thanks guys.

Woke up feeling pretty rough this morning. No reason to go out (except maybe for getting my TheraFlu™ as I ran out), but have a couple cans of good ol' chicken noodle soup, lots of tea, lots of scene Ideas to work on, and can do my work search from home.

Checked the status of my taxes and still showing submitted (guess better than rejected). Did find out as long as I re-submitted them yesterday, I made the deadline.

edited December 1969

That's good news about your taxes! Well, real life calls. I'll be back later, but don't know exactly when.

Dana

edited April 2013

..in a bit of a quandary. Kimberly is still on sale, Daz sent another one of those Thank You coupons for 5$ off 25$. Getting the base character and poses comes to about 20$ so I need to find something on my wishlist to make the 25$.

However Rendo also offered a 15% Tax Day coupon (on 15$ purchase) good through 12:00 CDT (10:00pm my time) tonight and just released Fantasy Glowflies (fireflies). which also includes a couple props. This would be so perfect for my fey scenes as wall as for scenes from my story that take place on the Grande Estate. Again I'd need to pull something off the wishlist there to make the minimum.

Granted, Kimberly probably won't be on sale for very long (as she was released a week ago don't know how long these introductory sales run - wish they still posted an end date like they used to) , so she would probably be the better one to go with as Rendo always does weekly coupons (though usually for purchases of 25$ or more).

-----

..uh oh, ten pages more to go.

...The Coffee and Dinosaurs Complaint Thread.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited December 1969

Nana Julie drop. :)
    Trying out Zev0 Aging Morphs for Genesis.

http://www.daz3d.com/aging-morphs-for-genesis/.

Nana_Julie.jpg
    1000 x 1200 - 257K
    edited April 2013

woes - i lost my cell phone - it's like the end of the world . hoping i left it on the bus and a kind soul turned it in to the driver

my gingerman cookies look like they had transporter accidents.

Post edited by Mistara on
    edited April 2013

tjohn said:

[For some stupid reason the stupid forum software kept placing my response inside the quote field even though it was clearly after the close quote tag >:-( ]

...anyways, looks good. Young Teens just became Old Farts5 :cheese:

...I'll have to get this after my next cheque arrives.

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    tjohn said:

[For some stupid reason the stupid forum software kept placing my response inside the quote field even though it was clearly after the close quote tag >:-( ]

I've had that happen several times myself. I usually copy my response to the clipboard, go back and quote again, paste.
    Glitches would be more welcome if they resulted in magic wishes (closes eyes) a pony, I want a pony!

edited April 2013

woes - i lost my cell phone - it's like the end of the world . hoping i left it on the bus and a kind soul turned it in to the driver

If you have a friendly neighbor or another phone, call your number and listen for the ring, in case it's mislaid somewhere at home. Otherwise, get with your provider and get them to lock down your phone.(I think they can do that).
    download.jpg
    240 x 240 - 20K
    download_(2).jpg
    240 x 240 - 20K
    download_(1).jpg
    240 x 240 - 21K
    Post edited by TJohn on
    edited December 1969

Morning. Nice autumn day here, green tinted brown and gold round the edges as our trees feel the first cold fingers of winter :)

edited December 1969

Awwww, I hopes as well for you *hugs*

edited December 1969

My daughter lost hers about a week ago, left it on top of the car and drove off. As soon as she knew, she locked it and put a trace out. We went to the location where the signal was picked up from but the woman there denied any knowledge of the phone. Even though DD had insurance, she had to pay $150 for a replacement and the memory card is gone forever. That's what really hurts. She had not done a back up and lost pictures from the last 18 months.

I hope your phone gets turned in. Everybody else, if you have pictures or anything you want to keep, back them up.

edited December 1969

Nana Julie looks way better than I do, tjohn.

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    tjohn said:

I've had that happen several times myself. I usually copy my response to the clipboard, go back and quote again, paste.
    Glitches would be more welcome if they resulted in magic wishes (closes eyes) a pony, I want a pony!
    ...an unflateable pony?
    edited April 2013

AtticAnne said:

My daughter lost hers about a week ago, left it on top of the car and drove off. As soon as she knew, she locked it and put a trace out. We went to the location where the signal was picked up from but the woman there denied any knowledge of the phone. Even though DD had insurance, she had to pay $150 for a replacement and the memory card is gone forever. That's what really hurts. She had not done a back up and lost pictures from the last 18 months.

I hope your phone gets turned in. Everybody else, if you have pictures or anything you want to keep, back them up.
    ...speaking of items left on the top of a car, I remember one time, I was at the park with my other kite flying mates when on of the fellows had to leave. He put a 16 oz can of beer he was drinking on the roof of the car, forgot about it and then drove off. We watched in amusement as said vessel of fermented malt and hops beverage remained standing on the roof of his car as he drove all the way out the the drive and up to the ramp to the highway, some four minutes total. Pretty sure it lost it's grip once he accelerated to highway speed.

edited April 2013

..YAY!!!!!!! My federal tax forms have been accepted. Now I can finally get my refund to make up for getting Kimberly and purchasing a bottle of medicine (Potato Wodka) today.

...The My Taxes Were a Total Pain in the Bum Complaint Thread.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I drove all the way to work with a Mug (heavy ceramic) of Coffee on my roof once. A total of 12 miles and 6 of them were at highway speeds. It was still warm when I parked.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I drove all the way to work with a Mug (heavy ceramic) of Coffee on my roof once. A total of 12 miles and 6 of them were at highway speeds. It was still warm when I parked.

OK, now for the obvious silly question:
    Did you drink it? :)
This discussion has been closed.