The Out Of Work & Burnin’ Down The House Complaint Thread.

1444546474850»

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

What? Jade is a mod?
    He he he....Yep. That come as a surprise to you?
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,060
    edited December 1969

I love hot wings! Especially the Buffalo Hot ones! :cheese:

But, alas, they don't love me very much.. :down:

Living near the bathroom today.. urgh.. :blank:

COLD, hit 45F last night after being in the 80s! Dang! :ahhh:

Weather is an extremist!

Dana

edited December 1969

... Hopefully the power won't go out or the trees won't fall.

Your logic is flawed. The way you stated that, you will be OK with either power outage or fallen trees. You should say
    "Hopefully the power won't go out and the trees won't fall."

Sorry, head in SQL Server and VB.NET too much lately I guess.

The temperature in Austin, Texas is 67 degrees now. The temperature is supposed to go down to 42 degrees at night.

ok, I'm going to play with Vue now.

Did you feel that explosion in West? They said it was felt pretty far away. But I don't know how far West is from Austin.

Dana

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,501
    edited April 2013

I just saw some headlines that say there is flooding in Illinois and Indiana. I'm tempted to live in Chicago for a few months to see what life in the midwest is like.

Storms are coming into Washington, D.C. and Baltimore. I think the cold front is over West Virginia now. The weather radio went off with a tornado watch. eek. The winds are starting to pick up. Hopefully the power won't go out or the trees won't fall.

The temperature in Austin, Texas is 67 degrees now. The temperature is supposed to go down to 42 degrees at night.

...I grew up in Milwaukee WI some 75 miles north as the crow flies.

Be prepared to deal with 'Real Winter" and sticky hot summers.

First, It gets cold there, very cold in January/February. Lake Michigan can also generate heavier than expected snowfalls if the wind is out of the east/northeast (similar to Buffalo NY but not quite as extreme).

During the Spring the weather can flip flop drastically from 80s one day 30s or even colder (with snow or ice) the next. The lake also creates a sort of micro climate in the downtown area and along the shoreline suburbs when the wind swings to the east/northeast creating fog and clammy conditions while dropping the temperature by 15 - 20 degrees within minutes. A welcome relief when it's in the 90s, not so welcome when it's in the 70s.

Then there's the humidity. It can get rather oppressive on hot days during the mid to late summer, particularly in the city proper.

Tornadoes are not a big risk due to the lake's presence and only occasionally affect the far flung burbs. However, this is thunderstorm country so expect lots of booming and lightning with occasional high wind warnings.

Not sure what it is like in Austin, however Chicago is a real big city with real big city issues and a "checkered" history. There's lots to see and do there, but there's also lots you may want to avoid. As I recall form my past experiences, the south side neighbourhoods are not the best places to tread alone after dark.

Chicago does have a decent transit system with frequent buses, subways, and celebrated "EL" (elevated railway) that has been around for over a century. One line stretches all the way out to O'Hare International and another to Midway airport. There is also heavy commuter rail as well (Metra) which covers the Greater Chicago Metro area and surrounding environs from Kenosha WI to the North, Elgin to the west, and Chicago Heights to the south. There is also frequent service between Milwaukee and Chicago on Amtrak's Hiawatha line that includes a station at Milwaukee's Mitchell Airport which has become a major hub for Southwest Airlines and low cost alternative for Chicago travellers to the oft delay prone O'hare.

To tout a bit about Chicago's 'Little Sister" to the north. Milwaukee holds one of the biggest annual summer music festivals in the nation. Summerfest® which began as an offshoot to the Lakefront Festival of the Arts in 1967 has been going strong for nearly a half century. It is held during the last week of June/first week of July along the lakefront just south of the Art Museum. Daily attractions include top name acts in the main amphitheatre (over the years such notables as The Doors, Chicago, the Who, Johnny Cash, and even the New York Philharmonic have entertained audiences). There are also numerous stages through the grounds for just about every musical taste from country, to bebop jazz, to hardcore rock. And then there's the food, to satisfy just about any taste one has.

A major highlight if the festival is the "Big Bang" which kicks off the festival and is one of the largest and longest (60 minutes) pyrotechnic displays in the nation.

The city also hosts one of the largest Bastille Days celebrations on this side of the Atlantic in Mid July as well as numerous ethnic festivals throughout the year.

-----

...grrrrr. sassinfrassin expletive deleted site software timed me out again after I posted this.

...The It's Been Almost A Year Now, So Fix this Bloody Website Already Complaint Thread

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

...grumblemumblegrumblemumble. Went to DL the items I purchased on Wednesday and no more "Downloadable Products" page.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

KK you know that is in the Product Library now, you even said it was better in one thread.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited April 2013

Morning. Grey ol dawn giving way to a surprise blue sky and warm sun and a cloud of gulls squawking and squabbling outside my window :)

The stealthy dawn complaint thread :lol:

Post edited by ps1borg on
  • starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited April 2013

It is cloudy and humid now. ick

yeah, my logic is bad. This is what happens when I type in a hurry. lol. I was hungry at the time and I had not eaten lunch yet. No, I did not feel the explosion from West Texas. I live in the Washington-Baltimore area. My comment about the weather in Austin was for Woolyloach . I should've been more clear.

Kyoto Kid, thanks for the information about Milwaukee. I didn't expect you to write so much about Milwaukee.

Remember Woolyloach is in Austin, I am near Washington, D.C. and Baltimore. I should edit my forum profile. That reminds me, I haven't visited Baltimore's inner harbor yet.

I'll see everyone in the next thread.

Edit:
    I think West, Tx is 120 miles north of Austin, Tx. West is about 40 or 50 miles south of Dallas and Forth Worth.

Ok, I'm going to take a now before I make more mistakes typing. lol

DanaTA said:

Your logic is flawed. The way you stated that, you will be OK with either power outage or fallen trees. You should say

Did you feel that explosion in West? They said it was felt pretty far away. But I don't know how far West is from Austin.

Dana

Post edited by starionwolf on
    edited April 2013

chohole said:
    KK you know that is in the Product Library now, you even said it was better in one thread.

...must have been the meds I was on for the flu I've been fighting off (or maybe it's "Old Timer's Disease" which finally caught up with me).

I still expected there would be a means to DL purchases from an order/history list without having to go back & forth to key in each product name individually.

I find the DL options "confusing" as to which one is best for my platform.

Some products I know I have purchased in the past do not show up in the master list (most notably plugins and some older content).

I no longer am unable to get just a simple listing of all products (not individual installers as the DIM captures) in my order history without a lot of tedious paging and Copy/Pasting to Excel (to wit: It rendered Taozen's very helpful and simple to use History Manager utility obsolete).

About the only good thing I can see is that one can quickly view the description of a particular product or set of related products without having to go to the individual product pages and DL a particular item ordered in the past without having to do a reset (though the reset even with the previous order history format was almost instantaneous and again the History Manager utility also performed this function flawlessly).

edited December 1969

yeah, my logic is bad. This is what happens when I type in a hurry. lol. I was hungry at the time and I had not eaten lunch yet. No, I did not feel the explosion from West Texas. I live in the Washington-Baltimore area. My comment about the weather in Austin was for Woolyloach . I should've been more clear.

Kyoto Kid, thanks for the information about Milwaukee. I didn't expect you to write so much about Milwaukee.

Remember Woolyloach is in Austin, I am near Washington, D.C. and Baltimore. I should edit my forum profile. That reminds me, I haven't visited Baltimore's inner harbor yet.

DanaTA said:

Dana

...ahh thought Austin by the weather and explosion comment.

Yeah, have to talk up the old hometown. Did spend a lot of time in Chicago when I lived back there (heck the train ride took less time than my commute to work here in Portland).

The sad thing is their transit system, which once was one of the best in the nation, has taken quite an economic beating over the last few years and has undergone severe service cuts. Many routes I used to ride either no longer exist or have been consolidated with other ones while frequency had been reduced in many areas.

edited December 1969

...interesting, just DL'd the latest version of Hex to try out on the new rig and Norton flagged it as unstable and prone to crashing at least once a week.

edited December 1969

Edit:
    I think West, Tx is 120 miles north of Austin, Tx. West is about 40 or 50 miles south of Dallas and Forth Worth.

Sorry. I haven't frequented this thread for long, so I don't know everyone here that well. And actually, I'm terrible with certain kinds of facts, so a year from now I still might not remember where you are living.

Oh, are we nearing the end of the thread? Busy one!

Dana

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...interesting, just DL'd the latest version of Hex to try out on the new rig and Norton flagged it as unstable and prone to crashing at least once a week.

Once a week crash? I didn't know Norton kept such statistics. :lol: For some people, as they would tell it, that is how often they open up Hexagon...and it crashes every time. I haven't had it crash quite that much. I haven't used it a lot yet, though. But I was on it for more than an hour at a time when I did use it. I guess maybe it depends on what you're trying to do with it.

Dana

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    I find it much more stable on my new PC than it was on my old XP one. But it can freak out when doing some things. The rule is Save often. If you do crash a Full PC reboot and clean load is the best option.
    edited April 2013

...I've had to do full reboots before after it froze up on me. Hopefully with the extra memory I have now it may behave a bit better. If not then I really did waste the 50$+ I spent on it several years ago.

They need to stop rolling out shinies for a while and fix some of the long running bugs in their core apps. Hex would be so nice if it only was more stable.

...ugh I hate this new setup. Just wasted a bunch of time accidentally DLing the Mac .zip instead of the PC .exe installers for the last product

edited December 1969

KK, think you should download the zip on the top line, next to the DIM icon. If there's only two choices, and the one that is a zip doesn't have the DIM icon, then get the exe.

Dana

edited April 2013

...but don't those include the Mac files as well? Been DLing just the .exe's for now as they seem to be the smallest ones on average.

----

...and Grrrr. I clicked on the TRX.exe version and it downloaded the Legacy installer instead. More time wasted.

I want my old download history back.

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

The "Don't Know What to Download and is the DIM is Worth My Time Complaint Thread"

edited December 1969

The "Ledhead is a Moron and Needs to Stay Away From the Complaint Thread"

edited December 1969

The "Who the Hell Are You Calling a Moron Complaint Thread"

edited December 1969

Ledhead said:
    The "Don't Know What to Download and is the DIM is Worth My Time Complaint Thread"

...+1
    edited December 1969

...The Let's Play Download Russian Roulette Compliant Thread

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    Ledhead said:

...+1

That was actually for you KK, I have been using the DIM since it came out and love it, although it needs a little upgrading here and there.

edited December 1969

...lol thanks

...maybe I'm a bit old fashioned but I like having a little more "personal" control over what I DL.

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,622
    edited April 2013

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...lol thanks

...maybe I'm a bit old fashioned but I like having a little more "personal" control over what I DL.

I don't use it either. I adore the new Product Library screen, though.

Also - out of every 100 customers who buy a product, three will not install it correctly. Of those three, one will figure it out on their own, one will return it in high dudgeon, and one will contact me personally to complain that it doesn't work and ask me to fix it. If DIM can help those two high-maintenance customers out, I'm all in favor.

Post edited by SickleYield on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited April 2013

it's been a long, long day. pfooph

only 2 beers left in the fridge - panic

Post edited by Mistara on
  • robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited April 2013

Ledhead said:

The "Somebody Put DIM in my Product Library Without Asking Me First Complaint Thread"

(Yeah, that just happened to me. I'm still waiting to see the product documentation.)

Post edited by robkelk on
    edited April 2013

...I just wish I could get a complete A though Z list of the products I purchased without having to do a tonne of manual editing, paging, copy/pasting, or trying to figure out cryptic filter codes.

I really, really miss the History Manager. Whenever I ordered a bunch of new stuff, I simply had it update the spreadsheet for me.

...The Why Can't They Keep Things Simple Complaint Thread?

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

That's a great title for the next thread!
  • SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,622
    edited April 2013

robkelk said:
    That's a great title for the next thread!

The No Beer In The Fridge No Chocolate In The Closet Complaint Thread?

NEW Thread is HERE http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/20875/

Post edited by Jaderail on
This discussion has been closed.