The Out Of Work & Burnin’ Down The House Complaint Thread.

Comments

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Complaint: stress. :sick:

Pre-production run of an important new product Friday and we only have this week for testing the firmware. It's just 200 units but they're going to BETA sites and other parts of the company... urgh.. chewing nails, fixing 2 bugs (only two - worries me a lot) and hoping that nothing is Seriously Wrong(tm) with the code.

It's also meant long, long, long days. Meh. :blank:

Non-complaint: Pizza Hut boneless chicken wings half-off tonight! I'm going to load up and freeze some for later! :)

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited April 2013

Jaderail said:
    Having a party in a thread. Cause of this....

UBER NONE COMPLAINT: After four and a half years of triple Dialysis treatments every week. I was tested very heavily for a month and got the results today. My kidneys have recovered to the point that I no longer need Dialysis at all. I'm free from the After effects for the time being. Happy dance, JOY!!

...Happy Happy Joy Joy.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is the best news I have heard in a while.

So did this odd doctor who seemed a bit out of place speaking with a southern accent come by and mutter under his breath, "dyalisis..." then slap a packet with a couple pills in your hand and tell you to take them? ;-)

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Great! What do you like to fish for?

My resume on that prominently features the words "grandparents' pond," "hand-fed catfish," and "cane pole."

I can walk (read that as three legged cane wabble) to the creek from my front porch, it's just down the hill over there>>>>>>.
    This time of year I expect Blue Gill (Breem) maybe some Crappie and if I'm very lucky a small mouth Bass or two. Got my Zebco all set up. For the trip now. I'm going live bait (red worms) which all three, and Catfish, will hit if they are biting.
    ...love those panfish. The Staple of the old Friday Night fish Frys I used to remember when I lived in Milwaukee.
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    So did this odd doctor who seemed a bit out of place speaking with a southern accent come by and mutter under his breath, "dyalisis..." then slap a packet with a couple pills in your hand and tell you to take them? ;-)
    LOL! The dude could have shown up much sooner.

TY all for the congrats.
    edited December 1969

Complaint: stress. :sick:

Pre-production run of an important new product Friday and we only have this week for testing the firmware. It's just 200 units but they're going to BETA sites and other parts of the company... urgh.. chewing nails, fixing 2 bugs (only two - worries me a lot) and hoping that nothing is Seriously Wrong(tm) with the code.

It's also meant long, long, long days. Meh. :blank:

Non-complaint: Pizza Hut boneless chicken wings half-off tonight! I'm going to load up and freeze some for later! :)

You can do it. We all know the Wooly can handle the things they set their mind too. Yum, boneless wings. Looks in freezer for wings fer dinner, YEAH. Got some.
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    LOL! The dude could have shown up much sooner.

TY all for the congrats.
    ...yeah we all could benefit from ol' doc Bones McCoy's "magical" medicine. Probably has a pill that cures arthritis as well (and maybe even one for this pesky cold I have).
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

UBER NONE COMPLAINT: After four and a half years of triple Dialysis treatments every week. I was tested very heavily for a month and got the results today. My kidneys have recovered to the point that I no longer need Dialysis at all. I'm free from the After effects for the time being. Happy dance, JOY!!

woww, thatz terrific :)

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,391
    edited December 1969

Not really much witty stuff to be said here. Just practicing raptors =B

bounce.jpg
    1029 x 996 - 134K
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

Wow! Congratulations! I can't imagine how good that feels!

Dana

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:

Eee, floofy raptors! They will kill us with adorable.

I have to say, of all the scientific discoveries of my lifetime so far, the one that dinosaurs were feathery may not be the most human-relevant but it's definitely the most fun.

• edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

That is incredibly wonderful news!!!

WOOOHOOO!!!!

Congratulations! ...Happy dance indeed!

:cheese:

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,391
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:

Eee, floofy raptors! They will kill us with adorable.

I have to say, of all the scientific discoveries of my lifetime so far, the one that dinosaurs were feathery may not be the most human-relevant but it's definitely the most fun.

X3

In the world this raptor is from though, there are both floofy raptors and scaly raptors. There's a reason the scaly variety are there, but that's a fantasy reason ;P
    The floofy ones are the smarter ones, even a bit civil - while the scaly ones are downright cranky buggers :P

• edited December 1969

I had a good birthday but now I am back to looking for a job. Oh that means going to the website of the job.

Happy Birthday! :)

Best of luck with the job search. Still looking myself. ;-)

edited December 1969

...agh, having win7 issues. Tried to view a logfile after 4.5 mysteriously crashed however discovered I am locked out of a lot of folders I should have access to as administrator including the Application Data folder where this is usually stored. Not very good at this sort of stuff and don't want to end up locking myself out of the system completely.

edited December 1969

Sun & Moon

Sunrise:
    6:11 am
    Sunset:
    7:36 pm

Moonset:
    1:13 am
    Moonrise:
    11:23 am

Moonphase:
    Waxing Crescent

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,008
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

I had to read this twice before I could believe it!

"'O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
    He chortled in his joy."
    Still in Looking-Glass mode. :)

Jade, such wonderful news! Whatever you've been doing, keep doing it!

The No More Bleating Dialysis Complaint Thread

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

*wheeze* *cough* *cough* *hack* *wheeze* *cough*

I emerge from my lair. Epic flu. Slowly over. Still kind of oozing and oogy.

*crawls back to her cocoon and sleeps 'till there's more life to her*

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

So not right. Ski just had happy happy day and then the oozing oogy kick's in. Dig's out chicken soup recipe and gathers ingredients for healthy helping bowls of get better very soon tasty stuff.

Take care Ski Hope it passes you by ZOON.
    edited December 1969

It is actually passing, but I'm feeling like a defrosted chicken carcass. (Failed sleeping, too much coughing.)

I had to run to Urgent Care on Saturday, as mucus was so thick and overwhelming that it began to choke me completely.

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

Otter sick too?
    Get well unicorn pony for you!
    prince_unicorn_left_side_cute.jpg
    1024 x 822 - 253K
  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

this kinda turned out UV safe phew, nearly finished :lol:

shot.jpg
    806 x 708 - 120K
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Jaderail said:

I had to read this twice before I could believe it!

"'O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
    He chortled in his joy."
    Still in Looking-Glass mode. :)

Jade, such wonderful news! Whatever you've been doing, keep doing it!

The No More Bleating Dialysis Complaint Thread

Very well done, a great effort :)

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

Had a cold for a week *empathises*

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

...I know how you feel. Going through the same thing myself right now.
    edited December 1969

was having not a pleasant dream - driving around, driving, driving in the dark lost headlights weren't working.

edited December 1969

...scary. hope mine won't be that strange.

Speaking of dreamland, heading off to bed soon, just finished my Theraflu™ which pretty much knocks me out for hours. Felt pretty rough all day though several spicy homemade tacos (traditional soft corn tortillas) helped a bit. Hope to wake up tomorrow feeling better than today.

Nitey Nite all

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...scary. hope mine won't be that strange.

Speaking of dreamland, heading off to bed soon, just finished my Theraflu™ which pretty much knocks me out for hours. Felt pretty rough all day though several spicy homemade tacos (traditional soft corn tortillas) helped a bit. Hope to wake up tomorrow feeling better than today.

Nitey Nite all

*Tucks The Kid in* :)

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Otter sick too?

No, Significant Otter seems to have escaped this bane by being immune to this strand... WHOA what's THAT? DAVID 5 advertised!?

edited December 1969

Gripe grumble groan...I want to change my Avatar. >:-(

475 x 546 - 93K
  • WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Skiriki said:

Otter sick too?

That pony looks really, erm, unflatable! :bug: :bug: :ahhh:

This discussion has been closed.