The Out Of Work & Burnin’ Down The House Complaint Thread.

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

woes what the internet has done to poor Speed racer Trixie

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,593
    edited April 2013

No, it won't duplicate - all you are doing is telling the Install Manager which email to use to log in to the server. Sicne you gave it an invalid email it isn't doing anything, and you are free to set up an account using the right email instead.

...the thing is it wasn't me who gave it the corrupted address, it was the installer that did it. I had no control over what it pulled in during the install process. If I changed it on my own, I would not be able to manually log into the store.

I already filed a support ticket on this.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    I thought that you would only have to get a couple of pages, to catch up to where the History Manager was. I haven't tried it, but I thought the History Manager can export to Excel as well? If so, you'd have all your items in one spreadsheet without much waiting. Who knows what they've done and if he can manage to duplicate his earlier results with the way they've now set it up? My hopes are not high. Things in the list don't seem to be in the page source, so screen scraping will require some high skills.

Dana

...again, this is making it more work than it should be. To me that is not an "upgrade".

PM forthcoming.

edited December 1969

TEA not hot anymore, 'plaint for today.

hot tea chases the shvrrrs away.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Morning. Rain-kissed clouds and shiny pockets of wet on rooftops in gentle drizzle outside my window today :)

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,026
    edited April 2013

Microwave? Careful not to burn yourself. :)
    Post edited by TJohn on
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Morning. Rain-kissed clouds and shiny pockets of wet on rooftops in gentle drizzle outside my window today :)

MORNING
    by ps1borg

Rain-kissed clouds
    And shiny pockets
    Of wet on rooftops
    In gentle drizzle
    Outside my window today

Makes nice blank verse. :)

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    ps1borg said:

MORNING
    by ps1borg

Rain-kissed clouds
    And shiny pockets
    Of wet on rooftops
    In gentle drizzle
    Outside my window today

Makes nice blank verse. :)

hehe :lol: Aussies do tend to get a bit poetic about rain :lol:

edited December 1969

tjohn said:

Yes ouchies, superheated tea doesn't so much melt on tongue as melt tongue :)

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited April 2013

Went and had conveyor-belt sushi for dinner. Mmmm. I love that the ones in the Seattle area mostly aren't -too- authentic; still lots of veggie rolls, tempura, and other things the raw-seafood-averse can enjoy. Also, jasmine tea is great.

Post edited by SickleYield on
    edited December 1969

...still Sunday here for about another 50 min.

Weather was totally despicable. Cold and every time I attempted to venture out when it appeared it was going to clear off, it started raining and hailing. if I had the extra discretionary income I would have been ordering hot toddies instead of lagers at the pub this afternoon.

edited December 1969

Monday was good, you will enjoy it :)

edited December 1969

Went and had conveyor-belt sushi for dinner. Mmmm. I love that the ones in the Seattle area mostly aren't -too- authentic; still lots of veggie roles, tempura, and other things the raw-seafood-averse can enjoy. Also, jasmine tea is great.

My favourite sushi place closed down, think is not as popular here as a few years ago

edited December 1969

woes what the internet has done to poor Speed racer Trixie

Teh internet has a lot to answer for

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,093
    edited December 1969

Sorry I've been kind of absent today. I was doing research for freebies all last night (planning on hopefully making an entry for the Freebie Challenge this month) and got up late today. Then when I ate my first meal, I watched the last two episodes of season 5 of Lost. Considering the ending, I had to watch the first episode of season 6 to see what happened. Then I came back up here and checked a few things, then Diane came home and so I spent time with her, and we ate supper and watched some TV. Then I watched the news. Then I spent a whole lot of time saving my PMs from here to a Word document. I like to do that. And my PM account was almost completely full, so I needed to clear some out. I cleared it all the way to the end of 2012. Now there's plenty of room in there!

Now I just have to start work on my render project. Tomorrow, it's too late to start it now. And now I have a bunch of forum stuff to catch up on. :shut:

Dana

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,093
    edited December 1969

It's Marathon Monday! Every year they have the Boston Marathon on Patriot's Day Monday. And they'll have good weather for it this year. It will be in the low to mid 50s F, not bad for running. Last year it was really hot, I felt bad for the runners.

Dana

edited April 2013

ps1borg said:
    Monday was good, you will enjoy it :)

...well maybe if I was in Melbourne rather than Portland OR USA. Going to be about as foul Monday as it was today as well.

...and Monday is Tax Filing Deadline day.

First year I decided to do the 3File thingie and it hosed me as my Federal forms still do not show as being accepted while my state ones do. Filed a support ticket and was told to resubmit. This is such a bodge for now (if they do go through) my Federal forms will be filed with the rest of the faffing masses who wait until the 15th and I'll be fortunate to see my refund sometime in mid June.

And if it still does not show as being "accepted" by noon tomorrow I will have to go into town, print the bloody form off, and send it via Post so I don't get snookered with a penalty for late filing.

The last time I do this bloody eFile thingie again.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...well maybe if I was in Melbourne rather than Portland OR USA. Going to be icky on Monday as well.

First year I decided to do the 3File thing and it hosed me as my Federal forms still do not show as being accepted while my state ones do. Filed a support ticket and was told to resubmit. This is such a bodge for now (if they do go through) my Federal forms will be filed with the rest of the faffing masses who wait until the 15th and I'll be fortunate to see my refund sometime in mid June.

And if it still does not show as being "accepted" by noon tomorrow I will have to go into town, print the bloody form off, and send it via Post so I don't get snookered with a penalty for late filing.

You have my total sympathy. Oregon's state taxes are a huge pain (I lived there for almost three years).

I used to efile, but that was before I started being an online contractor as my main income. No one will help you file quarterly online for less than an arm and a leg, whereas after the first year the IRS sends me an envelope full of quarterly vouchers with correct dates every January.

edited December 1969

Waaaah tax day is never pleasant. Ours is in September ;)

edited April 2013

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...well maybe if I was in Melbourne rather than Portland OR USA. Going to be icky on Monday as well.

First year I decided to do the 3File thing and it hosed me as my Federal forms still do not show as being accepted while my state ones do. Filed a support ticket and was told to resubmit. This is such a bodge for now (if they do go through) my Federal forms will be filed with the rest of the faffing masses who wait until the 15th and I'll be fortunate to see my refund sometime in mid June.

You have my total sympathy. Oregon's state taxes are a huge pain (I lived there for almost three years).

I used to efile, but that was before I started being an online contractor as my main income. No one will help you file quarterly online for less than an arm and a leg, whereas after the first year the IRS sends me an envelope full of quarterly vouchers with correct dates every January.

Here you can file your tax online any way you want, so long as you use Windoze :lol: Haz turned cold here, put a sweater on before, don't remember wearing one this year so far :)

Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

..the odd thing was the Oregon tax forms went through OK and show with an "accepted" status. It's the Federal forms that didn't.

I expected it to be the other way around since you have to file a copy of your Federal form with the State one.

Not very pleased with this service and I'm not going to pay any bloody penalty because of this.

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

Here you can file your tax online any way you want, so long as you use Windoze :lol: Haz turned cold here, put a sweater on before, don't remember wearing one this year so far :)

Oh, you can still do it, it's just going to cost a lot.

Definitely still sweater weather here. We've got sunshine, we've got rain, we've got random hail...

edited December 1969

Sounds like a cue for a musical number with dancing :lol:

edited December 1969

I've got sunshine on a cloudy day.
    When it's cold outside I've got the month of May.
    I guess you'd say
    What can make me feel this way?
    My meds.
    Talkin' 'bout my meds...

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

"Definitely still sweater weather here.
    We've got sunshine, we've got rain,
    We've got random hail..
    So it's definitely still sweater weather here.

We thought that spring was settling in for good.
    It was warming up and flowers were in bloom,
    Then the rain began, and soon came random hail,
    So it's definitely still sweater weather here."

Excerpt from the musical "Sweater Weather" by SickleYield
    :)

Cast-520x327.jpg
    520 x 327 - 43K
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:

i actually don't have one of those gizmos at home - invisible waves that jiggle cells into cooking -

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,392
    edited December 1969

My Rae character in the form of an utahraptor being all bouncy and floofy and stuff =B

RaeBounce.jpg
    1029 x 996 - 87K
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

dance majick dance :)

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    ps1borg said:

"Definitely still sweater weather here.
    We've got sunshine, we've got rain,
    We've got random hail..
    So it's definitely still sweater weather here.

We thought that spring was settling in for good.
    It was warming up and flowers were in bloom,
    Then the rain began, and soon came random hail,
    So it's definitely still sweater weather here."

Excerpt from the musical "Sweater Weather" by SickleYield
    :)

lol

lots of binary shadows on the poser floor

This discussion has been closed.