JACK TOMALIN APPRECIATION SOCIETY [JAS III]

Comments

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,947
    edited December 1969

Totte said:
    Cheers Totte :)

Was it that obvious who wrote the feedback? *LOL*

I'm wondering if he can guess which one I did ... :)

• Daz Jack TomalinDaz Jack Tomalin Posts: 13,150
    edited December 1969

Done and dusted. Seems only right that as a satisfied customer I should provide feedback. I hope the survey proves helpful.

Thanks.. yea, this isn't really an exercise in stroking my ego (as much as I love to hear all the good things).. I just want to see if there's anything I can do differently to cater for more people.

There's some interesting stuff coming in, so thanks everyone.. keep it up :)

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Done and dusted. Seems only right that as a satisfied customer I should provide feedback. I hope the survey proves helpful.

Thanks.. yea, this isn't really an exercise in stroking my ego (as much as I love to hear all the good things).. I just want to see if there's anything I can do differently to cater for more people.

There's some interesting stuff coming in, so thanks everyone.. keep it up :)If you only wanted positive feedback you wouldn't have run a survey to begin with. Fret not, my contribution was both honest and objective.

• LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

do we get a free product for filling out the survey? or cake? I'd settle for cake

• SedorSedor Posts: 1,764
    edited December 1969

Done...

Oh, cakes... cakes would be great, some x-mas cakes - we haven't baked cakes until now... so they are highly appreciated :D

• cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
    edited December 1969

just post this to get your opinions on that (sorry, none of jack`s items in it)

to_unkown_coasts_2.jpg
    1846 x 900 - 170K
  • cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
    edited December 1969

sedor said:
    Done...

Oh, cakes... cakes would be great, some x-mas cakes - we haven't baked cakes until now... so they are highly appreciated :D

had so many cakes the last weeks, I look like one of them now :)

edited December 1969

still look like a cephalopod to me

edited December 1969

sedor said:
    Done...

The wife is baking like a lunatic, so providing they pass my QA.. I'll email some over ;)

edited December 1969

There's some interesting stuff coming in, so thanks everyone.. keep it up :)

If you only wanted positive feedback you wouldn't have run a survey to begin with. Fret not, my contribution was both honest and objective.

Exactly - and thanks!

edited December 1969

do we get a free product for filling out the survey? or cake? I'd settle for cake

Will bring some cake in for everyone later.. there's brownies in the oven as we speak actually!

edited December 1969

cosmo71 said:
    just post this to get your opinions on that (sorry, none of jack`s items in it)

I like it! not sure what I can really add.. since it's quite a 'simple' image.. but the silhouette works well :)

edited December 1969

Done. My wish is to see you make an exterior of West Park with the easy option to use your other West Park-products for the interior. And I also suggested that you could use some non-West Park stuff for the rooftops; Divinity Skies Ascension, Divinity Skies Prophecy, and maybe incorporate Divinity Skies Oracle (I think they were your stuff IIRC).

Duly noted, thanks :)

edited December 1969

You have done a number of of rooms inspired by the Titanic, ever thought of trying to tackle another doomed vessel? Sayyyyyy The Hindenburg? There were some really interesting rooms and things on that airship. For one, a vehicle that is essentially a giant bag of flammable gas, actually had a smoking lounge.

edited December 1969

You have done a number of of rooms inspired by the Titanic, ever thought of trying to tackle another doomed vessel? Sayyyyyy The Hindenburg? There were some really interesting rooms and things on that airship. For one, a vehicle that is essentially a giant bag of flammable gas, actually had a smoking lounge.

I can't say I have really thought about other 'doomed' vessels, but will give it a thought or two.

The smoking lounge on the Hindenburg is a new one to me.. wow, talk about dodgy!

edited December 1969

Yup, there it is

Hindenburg_Smoke.jpg
    1131 x 1600 - 190K
    edited December 1969

lol.. you learn something new everyday!

edited December 1969

no lighters were allowed on board, there was an electric lighter mounted in the wall. Another nifty features of the Hindenburg was the fold up sinks. Bathroom sinks would fold up to conserve space. Everything about it was designed to be light weight and conserve space.

edited December 1969

Yea given how it panned out, I don't think they needed any lighters to be honest.

edited December 2012

I was just looking at some interior pics of the Hindenburg, there are a surprising number of reference pics on the web. I did a number of reports on the Hindenburg in high school, but i never had the internet back then so i had no real idea of what it looked like.

Most of the images i saw of it, it was engulfed in flames and crashing to the ground

Post edited by LycanthropeX on
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,545
    edited December 1969

Yea given how it panned out, I don't think they needed any lighters to be honest.

Did they have Ice for the drinks in the fridges on Titanic?

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Just noticed the link to the Survey. Done and done. :-)

edited December 1969

yayyy you get cake

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,071
    edited December 1969

I can't say I have really thought about other 'doomed' vessels, but will give it a thought or two.

The smoking lounge on the Hindenburg is a new one to me.. wow, talk about dodgy!

Remember, Hydrogen is lighter than air, and the passenger gondola was below all the gas bags. And IIRC, the smoking lounge was ventilated.

• BagletBaglet Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Survey done and dusted. Not sure I'll get cake tonight but I think there's amaretto ice-cream.

edited December 1969

namffuak said:

Remember, Hydrogen is lighter than air, and the passenger gondola was below all the gas bags. And IIRC, the smoking lounge was ventilated.

I am fairly certain it was ventilated. Also from what I read it was constructed with the latest and greatest fire retardant materials known at the time, It was the only area smoking was allowed on the Airship and it pretty much was constructed to be a fire proof box. If you were on the Hindenburg when it crashed the smoking room was probably the safest place to be.

Amazingly, only 13 passengers died in the crash, Crew and Ground Support members made up most of the lives lost.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,617
    edited December 1969

Cross-posting this on my FB page and the like, so apologies to viewers of both.

I am busy planning my content for next year, and I'd like to ask you if you can spare a few minutes to just let me know your thoughts via this online survey.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/N2NZ9V3

I know they can be a pain, but I'd like to know what you think - since a lot of the time I'm flying blind. This is your chance to really have an input on the work I produce. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks in advance!

...completed.
    edited December 1969

Ok Jack, all the nice things I said about you in the survey thing.... I take it all back, I hate you, I hate you because you suck and make my life hell. You suck Jack, really.

I have been working on modeling a curved section of track for the Park Side trains. A fairly simple thing to do in Hex. Then I remembered that the bogies don't turn like they do on a real train, they are stuck on a straight path. Ok no problem, I get into Poser, select the bogies, move the origin points and add a dial to turn them on the Y axis. So far so good. Then I got to thinking, well if I really wanted to animate this train, like pulling into the station, it would be best if the wheels turned too. Ok no problem, just use the grouping tool to create props of the wheels, parent them to the bogies and change the origin and add a dial to rotate the wheels, no problem..... until i start to try to group the wheels, this is when I realized how much you suck and how much I hate you. You make my life hell Jack, you really do. Trying to select all those polys in and around the rest of the bogey structure is a real pain. I hate you Jack, I just want you to know that.

I'll get over it, till I buy your next model, then I will probably hate you again. :D

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

"Done" the survey ... or is it "did" it? Or maybe "survived" the survey?

edited December 1969

Trying to select all those polys in and around the rest of the bogey structure is a real pain. I hate you Jack, I just want you to know that.

Hehehe, know you know how I feel :)

Thanks everyone who filled the survey out so far.. the response has been impressive! I kinda wish I could reply to some of them, but I will try and post up some sort of summary and answer some of the questions posed.

This discussion has been closed.