I Am So Tired But There's So Much To Do Complaint Thread

Comments

• NVIATWASNVIATWAS Posts: 1,242
    ps1borg said:

Tough day complaint, thought it was never going to end :o

Ugh, I hope things get better soonest!!!!

ps1borg said:
    NVIATWAS said:
    Mistara said:

Broncos dont have a wings named after them

They don't need wings, they're already a mile high

Excellent point!

And yay for Stratocasters :)

Strats are nice.  I owned one about 5 years ago, ended up selling it because I got so frustrated with how slow I was re-learning.  I just never really connected to it, unlike Christine.  Christine inspires ,e to keep practicing!

*plink plink ploink twaaaaaang*

Wednesday complaints!!!!

- It's 52f outside and yesterday it hit 78f, brrrrrrr

- I have no Winter hoodie and can't afford one until next Patday

- Payday is 8 days away

- Out of things to eat I don't have to cook

- LOW ON CHEESE OMG OMG

- Beatings erm meetings off and on all day

- Painful process of cleaning off the work laptop HD.. and keyboard full of old food

Non-complaints!!

- Small personal heater keeps my cave nice and toasty (thanks Anne!)

- Hot miso soup for breakfast!

- Tea order from Amazon arrived yesterday, one day early!

- Will be cooking Great Northen Beand with spicy PIG FLESH PACKED INTO INTESTINES today, yum!

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    ps1borg said:

is all over naos. 

thuuu sun will come out tomorrohhh indecision

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,748

My tablet is acting up.

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009

It's been fun watching NVIATWAS' revealing.  He certainly gave y'all many clues. laugh

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,028
    edited November 2017

A Limerick

There once was a young armadillo
    Who lived just outside Amarillo.
    He started to race,
    But fell on his face,
    And began to weep like a willow.

Post edited by TJohn on
    atticanne said:

It's been fun watching NVIATWAS' revealing.  He certainly gave y'all many clues. laugh

It was tough deciding how to do it.  I was trying to be subtle, but somehow Dana figured it out.. not sure what gave me away. :-P

It's a morning of cooking, I'm slow cooking chili beans with spicy Italian sausage sliced in.. it should make 2 meals.  I'm down to $35 for groceries until the 17th., le sigh, as Friday I pay the final $360 on my carbon fiber foot.  Total out of pocket expenses are $760!!  Insurance covered about $5800 so it could be worse... my pantry is full of tasty nutritous beans in 5 varieties and I have 4 cans of diced green chilis, 3 kinds of hot sauce, 1/2 a bottle of bbq sauce, and several pounds of sausage.  I shan't starve, but I might get tired of cooking!  Fortunately each batch makes 2 meals and I just fridge 'em until it's eating time... I have 4 reusable fridge containers perfect for holding single-serving portions!  Means no cold pizza until the 17th., though. :(

Down to only 15 boxes of Kleenex now, omg lowwwwwwwww...

Tjohn said:

A Limerick

He started to race,
    But fell on his face,

Bravo!

I see an armadillo

On the road in Austin-town

The was flatter than a pancake

And quite smashed into the ground.

I wondered as I stood there

Does anybody know

Where all the living armadillos go?

I've seen a bunch of lizards

And seen a couple snakes

And lots of fattened cattle

Soon to become steaks,

I've seen some birds and bats

But when I'm out near the road

Every 'dillo is flatter than a toad.

I'm sure there must be live ones

Somwhere in this Texas town

But where do the thing come from

Before squishing to the ground?

Is there some secret factory

Making 'dillos by the score?

For each deaader, I swear they make two more.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,098

Well, good afternoon.  After getting a new SSD and new BIOS battery, Windows freaked out and the guy at the shop had to do a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro.  It was because of the new SSD, maybe because it was now the C: drive.  So, I've been reinstalling all my software for the past week and a half.  crying​  Some things aren't working the same way they used to.  I don't know why.  And some things have changed.  One of my games, 123 Free Solitaire, is missing two games and has some new ones.  Those two were my favorite ones!  crying angry​  I guess the installer was just a thing that goes out to their server and gets the newest version.  But worse, some of my development tool add-ons aren't working or installing correctly.  That really hurts.

Those are my complaints.  Oh, and I got up way too late today...haven't even eaten yet.  I guess I'll do that now.

Dana

LOTS OF TEXT WARNING

The Eye Saga

I've had a dead right eye since I fell off a mountain in California (a story for later).  And off and on, my left eye would get floaters that would show up and vanish a few days later.  It was no big deal, until...

A few weeks ago I had the floaters.  I waited but they didn't go away, in fact they got worse.  I panicked and asked Anne to call 911 since I was close to blind, and we had a pile of ambulances show up!   They asked me all kinds of stupid questions, and it turned out that they thought I might have had a stroke (!!!).   So wheeeeeeeeeee ambulance ride to the E.R. and more questions, poking, prodding, checking my speech and co-ordination and memory, passed everything but the vision test.  So into a hospital room and they called an on-call opthamlogist, and while I waited it was a brain MRI followed not long after by a CAT scan (I am proud to have no cats inside my head).  So, one neurologist comes to the room and says my vision issue isn't brain-related, then proceeds to tell me I've had a stroke!! WTF?!?!?!?!?!? So, more tests, very annoying.. neurologist can't find any symptoms, second neurologist called in.  This one shows me a pic and points to a small white area and says "This bit of your brain is dead."  CREEPY!!!  Apparently it's called a 'silent stroke' since there are no symptoms.  And let me tell you, they tried their best to find issues!  Ever seen that little wheel thingy with spikes? That damn thing hurts!  So, after a couple of days of testing they decide that whatever part of the brain it hit wasn't in use (heh).  The eye doc came in and looked at the MRI and CAT scan and told me my floaters were blood and my eye was bleeding into itself (SICK EWWW MORE CREEPY!!!).The diagnosis: diabetes creates sugar crystals in your blood, which are apparently like tiny glass shards and can shred capillaries.  This happened in my retina, killing some blood flow.  The eye grew new blood vessels, but some grew out into the eyeball juice with no support, broke off, and bled into the juice - gross!

Once out of the hospital the doc gave me an injection into my eye (HORROR MOVIE) to stop the bleeding, which it did - for a week.  If the injection had lasted longer the floaters would sink to the bottom of the eye and a laser could be used to cauterize the rogue veins, but I was not so lucky.  Back into surgery, eyeball operated on, and oil pumped in to help the retina heal. So, my unaided vision is fuzzy - but no floaters - and I can see colors that I lost years ago.Healing will take months but the doc says at the end of it I'll see fine.  Of course, this is going to make finding work tricky so I'm likely to file for my long-term disability insurance and just pick up small remote jobs I can code at home.  Freelancer.com is a brokering site and I know several companies that hire for specific bits of software like drivers and such, so I should be able to make rent and cold pizza money until this damn thing heals up.At least I can see well enough to take short walks outside when the weather doesn't suck!

The neurologist wants a follow-up visit, so I suppose I should make arrangements...

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,439

My god, what an ordeal. Hopefully the recover goes well and best of luck.

Follow up visit?  Oh, no...more poking and prodding!  I hope it goes well for you.  Sounds like quite the nightmare already!  Glad you got back some vision that you have been without, though!  That's cool!

Dana

DanaTA said:

Well, good afternoon.  After getting a new SSD and new BIOS battery, Windows freaked out and the guy at the shop had to do a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro.  It was because of the new SSD, maybe because it was now the C: drive.  So, I've been reinstalling all my software for the past week and a half.  crying​  Some things aren't working the same way they used to.  I don't know why.  And some things have changed.  One of my games, 123 Free Solitaire, is missing two games and has some new ones.  Those two were my favorite ones!  crying angry​  I guess the installer was just a thing that goes out to their server and gets the newest version.  But worse, some of my development tool add-ons aren't working or installing correctly.  That really hurts.

Those are my complaints.  Oh, and I got up way too late today...haven't even eaten yet.  I guess I'll do that now.

Dana

Plenty of complaint-worthy items there!!!

frank0314 said:

I've been so caught up in dealing with it that until I wrote it all down I didn't consider the scope of all this crap.  I really look forward to a holiday season filled with writing and music-making.

I guess next aliens will abduct me and it'll be anal probe time...!

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,207
    edited November 2017

Complaint:  Not as interesting as massive eye woes, surprise but have you ever remembered that you once packed something semi-valuable and important away in storage somewhere but now can't find it?  Having pulled out all my "treasure" storage boxes and gone through  them and opened all the little boxes and bags, and spent hours unwrapping fragile things to see what they are, I still can't find the thing I went looking for.  What's worse, is that in the process I reminded myself of at least one other thing that I know I once had and can't remember ever selling it or giving it way, and probably wouldn't because it has significant sentimental value to me, yet I can't think of what other box it would have been packed into.  frown  But there must be another "treasure" box somewhere.  I know I have at least two boxes still at storage in my brother's attic but I'm pretty sure they're only old bills, tax records and photographs.  Sigh..., guess I'll have to go crawl into his attic move a half ton of other crap to get to them and haul them out of there. indecision.

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,615
    NVIATWAS said:
    kyoto kid said:
    Mistara said:

...there's a place here that is a Green Bay Packer hangout here in Portland that serves "Packer Fries" which are covered in cheese and jalepenos ("green & gold").

I was good until the jalapenos.  For me, those would be "Pooper Fries"...!

...yeah, jalapenos don't sit well with me either. Funny as I can still handle most hot sauces save for ghost pepper and habanero. For me it is the oilyiness and hot together (why I also cannot have pepperoni on pizza). Never much liked Tabasco or traditional buffalo wings either because they are too vinegary for ny taste.
    Tjohn said:

A Limerick

He started to race,
    But fell on his face,

...+1. (on the phone and can't access Daz emotes).
    NVIATWAS said:
    atticanne said:

It was tough deciding how to do it.  I was trying to be subtle, but somehow Dana figured it out.. not sure what gave me away. :-P

It's a morning of cooking, I'm slow cooking chili beans with spicy Italian sausage sliced in.. it should make 2 meals.  I'm down to $35 for groceries until the 17th., le sigh, as Friday I pay the final $360 on my carbon fiber foot.  Total out of pocket expenses are $760!!  Insurance covered about $5800 so it could be worse... my pantry is full of tasty nutritous beans in 5 varieties and I have 4 cans of diced green chilis, 3 kinds of hot sauce, 1/2 a bottle of bbq sauce, and several pounds of sausage.  I shan't starve, but I might get tired of cooking!  Fortunately each batch makes 2 meals and I just fridge 'em until it's eating time... I have 4 reusable fridge containers perfect for holding single-serving portions!  Means no cold pizza until the 17th., though. :(

Down to only 15 boxes of Kleenex now, omg lowwwwwwwww...

...too many beans tends to mess with my compression ratio. ;-)
    NVIATWAS said:

I see an armadillo

On the road in Austin-town

The was flatter than a pancake

And quite smashed into the ground.

I wondered as I stood there

Does anybody know

Where all the living armadillos go?

I've seen a bunch of lizards

And seen a couple snakes

And lots of fattened cattle

Soon to become steaks,

I've seen some birds and bats

But when I'm out near the road

Every 'dillo is flatter than a toad.

I'm sure there must be live ones

Somwhere in this Texas town

But where do the thing come from

Before squishing to the ground?

Is there some secret factory

Making 'dillos by the score?

For each deaader, I swear they make two more.

...excellent. For Wisconsin, just change armadillos to opossums and the town to Osceola and it would work.
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,439
    kyoto kid said:
    NVIATWAS said:
    kyoto kid said:
    Mistara said:

...there's a place here that is a Green Bay Packer hangout here in Portland that serves "Packer Fries" which are covered in cheese and jalepenos ("green & gold").

...yeah, jalapenos don't sit well with me either. Funny as I can still handle most hot sauces save for ghost pepper and habanero. For me it is the oilyiness and hot together (why I also cannot have pepperoni on pizza). Never much liked Tabasco or traditional buffalo wings either because they are too vinegary for ny taste.

I love most peppers but as some as I get to a habanero the heat gives me hiccups for some reason. All hotter peppers do it. I have no idea why that happens and it makes my family LTAO. I get made fun of all the time. My oldest on the other hand have never seen him turn down a good challenge on peppers.

NVIATWAS said:

LOTS OF TEXT WARNING

The Eye Saga

I've had a dead right eye since I fell off a mountain in California (a story for later).  And off and on, my left eye would get floaters that would show up and vanish a few days later.  It was no big deal, until...

A few weeks ago I had the floaters.  I waited but they didn't go away, in fact they got worse.  I panicked and asked Anne to call 911 since I was close to blind, and we had a pile of ambulances show up!   They asked me all kinds of stupid questions, and it turned out that they thought I might have had a stroke (!!!).   So wheeeeeeeeeee ambulance ride to the E.R. and more questions, poking, prodding, checking my speech and co-ordination and memory, passed everything but the vision test.  So into a hospital room and they called an on-call opthamlogist, and while I waited it was a brain MRI followed not long after by a CAT scan (I am proud to have no cats inside my head).  So, one neurologist comes to the room and says my vision issue isn't brain-related, then proceeds to tell me I've had a stroke!! WTF?!?!?!?!?!? So, more tests, very annoying.. neurologist can't find any symptoms, second neurologist called in.  This one shows me a pic and points to a small white area and says "This bit of your brain is dead."  CREEPY!!!  Apparently it's called a 'silent stroke' since there are no symptoms.  And let me tell you, they tried their best to find issues!  Ever seen that little wheel thingy with spikes? That damn thing hurts!  So, after a couple of days of testing they decide that whatever part of the brain it hit wasn't in use (heh).  The eye doc came in and looked at the MRI and CAT scan and told me my floaters were blood and my eye was bleeding into itself (SICK EWWW MORE CREEPY!!!).The diagnosis: diabetes creates sugar crystals in your blood, which are apparently like tiny glass shards and can shred capillaries.  This happened in my retina, killing some blood flow.  The eye grew new blood vessels, but some grew out into the eyeball juice with no support, broke off, and bled into the juice - gross!

Once out of the hospital the doc gave me an injection into my eye (HORROR MOVIE) to stop the bleeding, which it did - for a week.  If the injection had lasted longer the floaters would sink to the bottom of the eye and a laser could be used to cauterize the rogue veins, but I was not so lucky.  Back into surgery, eyeball operated on, and oil pumped in to help the retina heal. So, my unaided vision is fuzzy - but no floaters - and I can see colors that I lost years ago.Healing will take months but the doc says at the end of it I'll see fine.  Of course, this is going to make finding work tricky so I'm likely to file for my long-term disability insurance and just pick up small remote jobs I can code at home.  Freelancer.com is a brokering site and I know several companies that hire for specific bits of software like drivers and such, so I should be able to make rent and cold pizza money until this damn thing heals up.At least I can see well enough to take short walks outside when the weather doesn't suck!

The neurologist wants a follow-up visit, so I suppose I should make arrangements...

...yikes! Hope he gave you an anaesthetic vefore that injection. Also been diagnosed with diabetes but the more easiky treatable veesion, just pills and managing the diet. Actually lost some weight after changing my diet and watching portions more closely. Also much more into organic meats, poultry, and fisg that isn't factory farm raised and injected with growth hormones and antibiotics. It isn't cheap (especially on my income) but I have been feeling way better and have few if any gut issues any more.
    edited November 2017
    ...well one more day until I get "real" Net service. Will have to use my work system until I can find a solution to the notebook with the dead display. Looked at using the second display from the bigger system, but the notebook has the old VGA plug in so that is a no go. Could maybe go to that tech co-op and pick up an older display that uses the same connector but that means more $$$ and another transit trip. In the last two days I added 110$ to my monthly expenses just to stay connected to the world. In some other countries it would be half that (or less as "pensioners" often get additional discounts). So still stuck on the phone which is a big pain (including in the neck as I am having to look down all the time).
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
    NVIATWAS said:
    frank0314 said:

I've been so caught up in dealing with it that until I wrote it all down I didn't consider the scope of all this crap.  I really look forward to a holiday season filled with writing and music-making.

I guess next aliens will abduct me and it'll be anal probe time...!

You would join the company of greatness...Eric Cartman!   laugh  cheeky  blush 

Dana

frank0314 said:
    kyoto kid said:
    NVIATWAS said:
    kyoto kid said:
    Mistara said:

I love most peppers but as some as I get to a habanero the heat gives me hiccups for some reason. All hotter peppers do it. I have no idea why that happens and it makes my family LTAO. I get made fun of all the time. My oldest on the other hand have never seen him turn down a good challenge on peppers.

You must start slowly with habaneroes.  The same thing happened to my boss years ago.  I had told him about Mrs. Renfro's Habanero Salsa.  He bought some, and dipped the spoon in and put it in his mouth!  I laughed, with a sympathetic wince, as soon as he said that.  He said he went immediately into hiccups, and his brow and upper lip immediately developed beads of sweat.  Slow, easy at first.  Then you can increase amounts.  Have some water on hand and sip a little bit after the first one or two bites of chips with the salsa or of the pepper.  The stuff is good for inflamation, too, you know?

Dana

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776

Morning. Yellow sun gleaming on steel edged glass towers under an eggshell blue sky that seems to go forever or at least as far as I can see from the back seat of a taxi :)

Chohole said:
    ps1borg said:
    Chohole said:
    NVIATWAS said:
    ps1borg said:

Morning. Slate grey sky giving up some sweet smelling rain. Day off today, is big horse race day so we get a holiday locally, seems to be a peculiar Melbourne thing the rest of the country complains about.Guess they could have the day off as well if they want :)

Nice!  I want a day off for armadillo races!

Do we get a poem about the armadillo races as well?

Too much depends upon

A red armadillo 

Rnning and passing and

Beating

A white pillow

:)

Thank you   

It is difficult
    to get the news from poems
    yet men die miserably every day
    for lack
    of what is found there

(W.C. Williams)

Complaint:  Not as interesting as massive eye woes, surprise but have you ever remembered that you once packed something semi-valuable and important away in storage somewhere but now can't find it?  Having pulled out all my "treasure" storage boxes and gone through  them and opened all the little boxes and bags, and spent hours unwrapping fragile things to see what they are, I still can't find the thing I went looking for.  What's worse, is that in the process I reminded myself of at least one other thing that I know I once had and can't remember ever selling it or giving it way, and probably wouldn't because it has significant sentimental value to me, yet I can't think of what other box it would have been packed into.  frown  But there must be another "treasure" box somewhere.  I know I have at least two boxes still at storage in my brother's attic but I'm pretty sure they're only old bills, tax records and photographs.  Sigh..., guess I'll have to go crawl into his attic move a half ton of other crap to get to them and haul them out of there. indecision.

That's very complain-worthy, I've heirlooms by packing TOO smartly.. :(

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776

Mistara said:
    ps1borg said:

is all over naos. 

thuuu sun will come out tomorrohhh indecision

Yes it did :)

kyoto kid said:
    NVIATWAS said:

LOTS OF TEXT WARNING

The Eye Saga

...yikes! Hope he gave you an anaesthetic vefore that injection. Also been diagnosed with diabetes but the more easiky treatable veesion, just pills and managing the diet. Actually lost some weight after changing my diet and watching portions more closely. Also much more into organic meats, poultry, and fisg that isn't factory farm raised and injected with growth hormones and antibiotics. It isn't cheap (especially on my income) but I have been feeling way better and have few if any gut issues any more.

I'm type 2 and on pills, it just went undiagnosed for a loooooong time.  I've made major lifestyle changes, but for some things it's just too late.. now it's all damage control. :-|

This discussion has been closed.