What genre of content do you want to see a lot more of?

AdemnusAdemnus Posts: 744

Fantasy? Sci-Fi? Real world? What genre of content do you want to see a lot more of? What's lacking and what do we have too much of already?

Comments

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140
    edited June 2017

Real world. Sci-fi is always welcome too. I got enough fantasy stuff to last me. More period clothing would be VERY nice.

Laurie

Post edited by AllenArt on
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882

While I personally don't do much Sci-Fi, I actually like a nice, roughly even distribution between genres.  I also like things in, for lack of a better term, sets, so that everyone in a scene can appear to be of (roughly) the same social class from (roughly) the same culture attending the same sort of event (be it an ancient battle, prom, or an intergalactic mining operation.)  (I'm perfectly fine with there being seven variations on the female version of this for each male version).  Splitting sets between character generations used to annoy me more before Autofit, but I still wrinkle my nose when it happens.

Historical stuff does tend to get the short end of the stick.  Probably because people are more demanding that it look right than for fantasy stuff.  And there are so many cultures and times to choose from (personal preference: Europe Late 1600-early 1700... but then I'm running a 7th sea game.)

I would like to see some more Native American/First Nations clothing that isn't based on Plains tribes, though.

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited June 2017

I would love to see more serious costume/outfits designed for Fantasy and Sci-Fi where it isnt skimpified or objectifying the character, yanno somthing that would not look rediculous on a Lord of the Rings, Star Wars or historical film set. And above all heroing originality, enough of the alarming plagiarisim thats soured this community. The other point would be more variety and more balance, males need all the range of clothes and costumes too :)  as for characters themselves range and balance, the last few years has been quite disappointing, and excluding. 

Post edited by SpyroRue on
  • ImagoImago Posts: 4,900

Non-realistic figures like LadyLittleFox's ones!

• escrandallescrandall Posts: 487

Real world from a variety of time periods .. I'd like to see the late 60s/early 70s for example.

• David-17David-17 Posts: 30

More stuff for males. Real World, Fantasy and Sci-Fi, since that's what I'm mostly rendering. Oh, and we need more stuff for males :P

• cherpenbeckcherpenbeck Posts: 1,409

Babys are absolutely neglected, either as morphs or with clothing.

• AndySAndyS Posts: 1,434

I'd like to see more outdoor environments with a reasonable background included.
    For most of the products you need a lot of further other products to build a reasonable background, because the little sets are more or less flat. Thus for most of the possible camera perspectives you see a lot of free horizon.

• Tanis VoltaTanis Volta Posts: 550
    edited June 2017

Fantasy:: Innovation on exotic deities and fantasy (6 arms Kali, Bast, 6 arms Shiva, Sekmeth, Seth, Baal, amazing alien-gods with early celt and asian influences, a lot more fantasy versions of typical animals like this blue fenec fox in daz, why not create iray textures for mistery and fantasy to all animals in daz including cats, horses, cows..... innovate.

Real: on the realistic side I want mesopotamian, sumerian and diverse well developed bronze age clothing, places and props, never seen before. Babies would be cool to have for genesis 8.

Scifi: Collection of futuristic explosions, hostile aliens and majestic aliens, wide variety of alien worlds for skydome and terradome 3. More alien buildings, portals and spaceships.

Post edited by Tanis Volta on
  • itinerantitinerant Posts: 15

I would like to see a revamp of the Steampunk items.  The last big go-around was V4/M4 (and much of the Michael stuff was M3).  I love the Rivertina outfit for G3F and want more.

I would also like to see more Real World items that aren't "brand new".  That is, textures that are distressed or ragged or something that shows you have been wearing it for a while.

+1 vote for baby, both morphs and clothing.  Teen and Tween clothing is still not quite right to put on an infant or toddler.

• I could always use more high-quality sets, props, and poses related to music. There's been a mini-resurgence in guitars/amps for sale here, which I think is a great trend. The guitars range from traditional to avant-garde. I'd like to see saxophones and vintage keyboards (like electric pianos) here, too. And more guitars besides Fender and Les Paul clones. So I guess the "genre" would cover the spectrum from retro to contemporary.

Sci-fi's a tricky one. A lot of what we see for sale is closely patterned after popular franchises, which makes sense. Who doesn't want a lightsaber (even if they can;t call it a lightsaber for legal reasons)? I'd love to see more general use robots, sets, and props like we used to see with the Dystopia series. We've got the old Moonscapes set, but there's plenty of room for other alien terrain sets. I would rather see a nice set of alien morphs than alien characters for G8, to be honest.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,438

everyday clothes. what you see on the street in NYC, for example ... worn clothes etc. 
    What do people wear in Omaha Nebraska? Boston ... in the back yard.

:I agree with cutting out the skimp wear for a bit. more realistic would be good. SO I would do much more apocalyptic scenes, but do you think bare midrift would be the style? huge mostly bare breasts and short short pants/shorts? very doubtful. 

• LilithVXLilithVX Posts: 36

Sci-Fi; like the Sci-Fi Bodysuit SF 001, super tight, glowing parts, one of my favorites, I fitted it to G3F and plan to do the same with G8F. Fantasy stuff I would love more like the Kadis Ancient Legendary Armor. And just normal clothing like sweaters, tops, leg and arm warmers, underwear, mufflers, bikinis (the smaller the better!). Oh, and shoes, like the Goth Boots, high heeled like the Strappy Boots and Double Zipper Buckle Boots, those two are just gorgeous.

Clothing I can quite easily fit to G8F from G3F, but high heeled shoes are just a pain to work with.

• OstadanOstadan Posts: 1,123

Second the motion for historical clothes, including different classes.  A 1930 banker and a 1930 laborer (and their wives) would not dress alike.

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914

I'd have to say period clothing (1800's, Biblical, Roman/Greek, etc.)

Cyberpunk

Alien creatures (Humanoid, fauna, carnivorous, etc.)

• zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,650
    AllenArt said:

Real world. Sci-fi is always welcome too. I got enough fantasy stuff to last me. More period clothing would be VERY nice.

Laurie

Accurate period clothing would be wonderful.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

i'm always on the look out for badass space pirate outfits.

male fantasy skimpwear

proper young lady outfits for preteen females

• BurstAngelBurstAngel Posts: 761

Superhero outfits or at least accessories for more kitbashing that are a little better modeled and morphed than the ones over at rendo. And I usually bypass alot of female outfits that don't have a male counterpart. So at lot of fantasy and scifi outfits are usually end up being passed or at least wait for a steep discount to justify collecting it. I like bundles of male and female clothes and accessories so that I can have them both at the same time.

Need more style of capes and draping outfits, DEFINITELY more styles of belts that can morph hieght from waist to hips and does not look like its floating. Masks and hoods. Lots of

Yup, Definitely more Superhero stuff.

• I'd like to see more ww2 stuff.  Outside that, contemporary realistic combat.

• colinmac2colinmac2 Posts: 407

Mark me down as another for Real World stuff.  

And G8 poses for boxing and wrestling.frown

• I love post-apocalyptic content.  Or modern day items that can easily be distressed with a different texture or a dirt brush in photoshop.  I'd love more holsters and weapons accessories that could maybe cross genres between post-apoc, cyberpunk, etc.  But bikinis and garter belts aren't what I'd be wearing to scavenge the wastes.

I don't do a lot of sci-fi stuff lately, but I'd like to see items that could easily fit into a Star Wars'esque kind of world, with spice smugglers and pirates.  Preferably without the boob windows, though I do love high heels.  I have fun using high heels in the wrong environment just for personal giggles.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited June 2017

Sci-fi of the functional variety. Sexy is ok but not all the time. Really need day to day wear   Male clothing and uniforms. Less fantasy particularly Roman/Greek/medieval. All the bundles contain it and I just have no use for it.

functional super hero costumes not costumes that are cumbersome .

undies and male skimpwear

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,762

Real world with an emphasis on uniforms and work and school appropriate attire... The sort of items that Ironman13 and IH Kang have been relasing as of late are just about perfect, with the multiple restaurant and shop outfits I can finally start to populate a virtual world that looks something vaguely like reality. But PLEASE, no more male outfits that consist of a short sleeved shirt and shorts!   

Historical, especially more Edwardian and early to mid 20th century type stuff.   

More Dynamic Clothing for G2-G8.     

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,888

Real world animals, if that counts.

Seriously, try finding a realistic dung beetle. (I looked!)

I realize the problem is, of course, demand for any random animal is low and the effort involved high. But while we're wishing. ;)

In case I seem Captain Bringdown lately, I will say that I am rather happy with the range of content Daz has managed to cover. There's a LOT of stuff for a lot of wildly different topics here.

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037

Super-heroes. Definitely super-heroes

• AlmightyQUESTAlmightyQUEST Posts: 1,961

As far as genre's go, horror.

However, I have gotten the impression that this generally doesn't sell as well, is a bit of a niche market much like in other media. So I can settle for contemporary real world clothing and the occaisional monster release and appropriately worn down environments.

When it comes to contemprorary clothing, functionality is important to me, things like shirts with buttoning and unbuttoning morphs, and sitting/stretching morphs. I understand the complexity to this, but definitely am willing to pay more for it. And agreed on the earlier comment about long sleeves for men's shirts, women's shirts as well for that matter.

Though the realistic animals is a good one too, there are some good animals available, but there are so many animals in the world :D .

All that said, I do understand that these sort of wishlists come up a lot over the years, and frequently the content that "everyone" wants is not necessarily what folks buy. Still good to put the message out there though.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,438
    Morana said:

.  Preferably without the boob windows, though I do love high heels.  I have fun using high heels in the wrong environment just for personal giggles.

like women wearing them on cobblestone streets or gravel.. on grass... real life ... I always wonder when their ankles are flexing from one side to the other. It must be a real painful experience. 

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,762

Actually, that does bring up the issue of torn and distressed clothing. I've gotten pretty good at faking ragged and torn outfits with a combination of transparency maps, new textures and double loads, but the convenience of actual modeled outfits is what keeps me using old V4 items like Evil Innocence's shipwreked series. 

• Skimpwear.  We never seem to get any of that devil  (at least in the last 30 seconds...)

• AlmightyQUESTAlmightyQUEST Posts: 1,961

Actually, that does bring up the issue of torn and distressed clothing. I've gotten pretty good at faking ragged and torn outfits with a combination of transparency maps, new textures and double loads, but the convenience of actual modeled outfits is what keeps me using old V4 items like Evil Innocence's shipwreked series. 

Right, that's one of the reasons I'm OK with filling in with contemporary clothes, I can go in an distress them as needed. But modeled elements that go beyond wear and tear on clothing are definitely appreciated laugh. And others have definitely put out distressed and dirty clothing (either as part of a clothing pack or as an add on) that is higher quality than what I do myself.