Garibaldi Express: Hair and Fur Plugin [Commercial]

Comments

• GoneGone Posts: 833
    edited December 1969

"show all surfaces" is just a styling aid like "show follicles" and "show hair".

In this case, the hair is so short it likely wouldn't make any difference. I don't know about the song birds, but most critters I've furred usually only have 1 MAT zone for the head/body/limbs so there is very little that you could hide anyway.

I've occasionally run into problems when I try to use separate head and body density masks in the same hair node instead of using the selection list but that shouldn't apply here since you are using 2 hair nodes.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Are hum yes I am using two nodes on four zones, two on each. I did have crashes when I did one node for all four. As soon as I split off the wings and tail and left the body and thigh for the other node I haven't had one crash.

Yeah I was upset at losing 3 days work and I was lucky that went down to two days with finding one later scene intact. But a great learning experience thanks

edited December 1969

My search-fu is weak. I was unable to find a freebie that could pass for a hoopak.

Poor kender is reduced to carrying a stick. :lol:

KenderAndKnight.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 644K
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Gone said:
    My search-fu is weak. I was unable to find a freebie that could pass for a hoopak.

Poor kender is reduced to carrying a stick. :lol:

Well...there's this one

http://www.sharecg.com/v/41220/gallery/5/3D-Model/Halfling-Hoopak?interstitial_displayed=Yes

edited December 1969

Doh!!!

Like I said, my search-fu is weak. :-)

Now I will have to give him his hoopak. Any trouble he causes now is your fault. :cheese:

edited December 1969

Gone said:
    Doh!!!

Like I said, my search-fu is weak. :-)

Now I will have to give him his hoopak. Any trouble he causes now is your fault. :cheese:

Then, I"ll just have to 'fire' back with one of my own...it's not rigged yet.

hoopak.jpg
    800 x 1000 - 68K
    edited December 1969

Wow! That one looks much better - especially if it's going to be rigged.

Any chance my kender might "find" it?

edited December 1969

Gone said:
    Wow! That one looks much better - especially if it's going to be rigged.

Any chance my kender might "find" it?

If I can remember to check that the import/export have matching settings...maybe I can get it rigged sometime this century...(now to find some appropriate rigging music...Vox Vulgaris should do nicely...and I'll see if I can get it done tonight)

edited December 1969

I think there is a kender headed your way. He said something about "borrowing" but I didn't quite catch all of it.

Now where the heck did my silverware go?

edited December 1969

Well...it's done, mostly...I think I need to make a few adjustments to it...scale may be a bit off and the rotations/weight maps may need a bit of tweaking.

I'm working up a few material presets making the staff different woods.

hoopak2.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 319K
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

can i use d-formers to save movement morphs to garibaldi hair? i'm afraid to try it, don't want to crash.

:lol: kewl hoopak

edited December 1969

D-formers require geometry to deform. Garibaldi hair has no geometry, it's generated at render time - so, no, they won't work.

Being slow on the uptake, I finally realized that a topknot is not the same thing as a pony tail. So, here is a modified kender hair-do.

Now, if he could only find a decent hoopak to "borrow". ;-)

KenderTopknot1.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 269K
    edited March 2014

Gone said:

Now, if he could only find a decent hoopak to "borrow". ;-)

Good news...it's done...bad news, my wife is dragging me to the movies...so it won't get posted until late tonight or tomorrow sometime. (I still have a ReadMe to write for it.)

ETA: Even better news, I got a reprieve...no Divergent tonight. Still have a ReadMe to write.

hoopak1.jpg
    1000 x 800 - 75K
    Post edited by mjc1016 on
    edited December 1969

Looks great!

I know a certain kender that will be very happy to "borrow" it. :lol:

edited December 1969

Well, he can finally get his hands on one...

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/39419/

edited December 1969

Seriously, people..... do NOT mess with a kender and his hoopak.

Just.... don't.

KenderVsBarbarian.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 347K
    edited April 2014

yeah you tell'em

nice hair dude

Post edited by Szark on
    edited December 1969

Anybody know why I can't use Garibaldi Hair when using the Scripted Render option?

• mark128mark128 Posts: 1,029
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Anybody know why I can't use Garibaldi Hair when using the Scripted Render option?

I tried this once and could not get it to work. DAZ hung up forever writing the rib file. I think it was sorting the curves or something crazy. Maybe there is a way to get past that.

edited December 1969

Internal Scripted Render not exported to the stand alone 3delight. It renders everything barring the hair

edited December 1969

Gone said:
    Seriously, people..... do NOT mess with a kender and his hoopak.

Just.... don't.

he even has his bright blue leggings. :)

edited April 2014

i think it'll solve some of my woes if i redo the Catworld HD people with gatibaldi hair.

i don't have a clue how to get started,

is there a tutorial anywhere?

i would need to color the fur based on the skin texture map.

Thanks!

this bottom one sounds promising, but no link yet.

tutti.JPG
    1060 x 646 - 97K
    Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 1969

Not sure what woes you are referring to but it would be a pretty easy task to make Garibaldi fur for the cat world people. Probably wouldn't take more than an hour to build a basic hair rig.

The great thing about Genesis is that you can put the hair on any shape - not just the one it was created for. Back at the bottom of page 55 I posted an image of a woman with a mouse like head wearing fur that was made for Joequick's Genesis mouse. :-)

Using the base skin texture for hair colour is pretty straight forward - although it seems confusing at first. The method has been discussed several times in this thread as well as the previous beta thread.

edited December 1969

animation woes, as in everytime i sit down in front of ds thinking i'm ready to get to work, it's like, whisky tango, back to tutorials.

first the Catworld fur wouldn't move. then my space ships look like they playing hopscotch. michael 6 renders with orange skin tint.
    the animated pz2s i saved for m4 with poser walk designer, when i apply them now, he drifts.

i bought a pretty river set, turns out it was for carrara.

sigh, i need chocolate. lol

edited December 1969

Animation :shudders: I gave up on that to preserve what real hair I have left. :-)

Neither Garibaldi nor LAMH have animation capabilities at the moment - but both are being worked on.

Since short fur would not require separate movement or collision detection, I would think that Garibaldi should work since it follows posing movement easily. Frame renders would be pretty long though and I have no idea if the hair would follow properly in tweener frames.

• CMKook-24601CMKook-24601 Posts: 200
    edited December 1969

I am a bit confused on something I went to use the export a obj function and it said that converting and redistributing licensed items was prohibited, does that just pertain to their starter stuff or is that also pertaining to any hair you make from scratch?

Also if distribution of your own made hairstyles is okay is there a different way to make them available for use aside from .obj conversion?

edited December 1969

Generally speaking, if you make something then it is licensed to you. This means that you cannot take hair made by someone else and convert and distribute it without specific permission from the creator. What you do with hair you create yourself is up to you provided you aren't using someone else's textures without permission to drive the colour.

This is a general industry practice and not something specific to Garibaldi.

Converting to .obj is not an optimal way to distribute your creations. First, the .obj is going to be massive and will never look as good as the generated hair. Second, unless you take the time to rig the hair, it will not look good on anything except the original figure and pose it was created on.

You can save the hair as a wearable preset and distribute the .duf file. However, this can only be used by people with either Garibaldi Basic or Express installed as they will need the plugin to load and render the hair.

edited April 2014

there's 2 versions?

huhhhh.

i haz the express one. http://www.daz3d.com/garibaldi-express-hair-system-for-daz-studio

Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 1969

Way back in the bowels of this thread, Futurebiscuit posted a link to his beta forum site. I've reposted the link a couple of times since. On that site you can download version 1.1 build 19c.

Back in January, this version was submitted to DAZ for release in the store. It included Express - the full product - and Basic - a free hair player. For whatever reason, these never made it to the store - even though there were pages set up for the DAZ store waiting for the product.

edited April 2014

here is what I was working on when I had hair troubles a page or 2 back.

Garibaldi on the body and head. One Node for the main part of the body and head and one node for the thin feathers on the side of the head. The rest are what comes with the model, like legs feathers and the upright head feathers.

Paridise_Lost.jpg
    1414 x 2000 - 2M
    Post edited by Szark on