Morphs from G3 to G8

Comments

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140
    edited April 2019

Awesome new SB! Please find a way to sell it even if DAZ doesn't accept it as i know how much work you have put into it and you should be compensated for your efforts!

Yeah, there are other places you could sell it beside here if Daz doesn't accept it, tho I don't see why they won't since now that Dimension3D has passed on, we have no way to get old morphs any farther than Genesis 3. Of course, one never knows what Daz will think of it, will they? LOL

Laurie

Post edited by AllenArt on
  • Leonides02Leonides02 Posts: 1,379

Can't wait to buy this from you, SB!!!! Thanks for all your effort.

• Singular BluesSingular Blues Posts: 737
    edited April 2019

Okay, now I am teasing ;P

These four are the same morph on 4 different figures. Who's who?

All guesses welcome. I definitely didn't put in much effort to be tricky. I picked one of the rare poses that would work on all four figures, changed a few skins over to iray, and converted a set of basic wear so they could all wear the same thing, but they aren't using the same textures (I don't have a common UV), and the only morph package they have in common is the character they're all wearing, so they are using their own flexes.

At this point, I need to build 4 more helper files (tedious, but not difficult. Probably about 3 hours) and nail down the expressions transformation. Assuming nothing goes horribly wrong, it'll be ready for a new round of testing Monday or Tuesday​.

Really.

I'm inclined to rush, because I've been at this so long, and confidence is high that it will work, this time. But I'm not gonna. The test article will not be feature complete, simply because the final bits are not going to change results when they encounter an unusually configured product, so I don't need beta testing. That said, those features are bells and whistles (like the expression transformation).

You can PM me if you want to test. I won't promise to use you, but I will keep you in mind.

4ontheFloor.png
    800 x 600 - 562K
    Post edited by Singular Blues on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

Looks good. I am already on you beta test list but I PMed you again anyway. I do have a decent selection of old Genesis characters that would be good to use to test with.

edited April 2019

Can't wait, Singular!

Post edited by Leonides02 on
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

Okay, now I am teasing ;P

These four are the same morph on 4 different figures. Who's who?

All guesses welcome. I definitely didn't put in much effort to be tricky. I picked one of the rare poses that would work on all four figures, changed a few skins over to iray, and converted a set of basic wear so they could all wear the same thing, but they aren't using the same textures (I don't have a common UV), and the only morph package they have in common is the character they're all wearing, so they are using their own flexes.

At this point, I need to build 4 more helper files (tedious, but not difficult. Probably about 3 hours) and nail down the expressions transformation. Assuming nothing goes horribly wrong, it'll be ready for a new round of testing Monday or Tuesday​.

Really.

I'm inclined to rush, because I've been at this so long, and confidence is high that it will work, this time. But I'm not gonna. The test article will not be feature complete, simply because the final bits are not going to change results when they encounter an unusually configured product, so I don't need beta testing. That said, those features are bells and whistles (like the expression transformation).

You can PM me if you want to test. I won't promise to use you, but I will keep you in mind.

It's super hard to tell from the small image and viewing the arms bends from this angle but I'll try and guess, just for fun - I could be WAY off though: G2F, G8F, V4, G1

I PMed you if you want another beta tester. :)

• greysgreys Posts: 335

Looks fantastic! The sooner I can throw money at you for this the better :D

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,145

Go you, SB!

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Well done and congratulations.

I would like to volunteer, but don't think I'd have enough time to be fair to you.

• What if you were on the list from the first testing. Does one need to sign up again?

• Is there an indication of which generations of character morphs will be transferrable?

Ideally I would like something to take my favourite legacy characters ( V4 onwards ) straight to G8F.

Is that on the cards?

• ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,960

Is there an indication of which generations of character morphs will be transferrable?

Ideally I would like something to take my favourite legacy characters ( V4 onwards ) straight to G8F.

Is that on the cards?

GenX brings characters from V4 to G3
  • Syrus_DanteSyrus_Dante Posts: 983
    edited April 2019

I wonder if this product offers a solution to get V4 / M4 morphs straight to G8?

https://www.daz3d.com/sy-victoria-4-and-michael-4-clones-for-genesis-8

For my understanding the autofit clones can be used as morph shapes. This will turn a G8 figure into V4 / M5 shape right?

Post edited by Syrus_Dante on
  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951

I wonder if this product offers a solution to get V4 / M4 morphs straight to G8?

For my understanding the autofit clones can be used as morph shapes. This will turn a G8 figure into V4 / M5 shape right?

No ,the clones for auto fit don't change G8 shape they are more behind the scene things,that allow/help auto fit to fit the generation 4 clothing to Genesis8,but it is not a shape morph for Genesis 8

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,033

No, it won’t transfer morphs, it’s only for clothes. And again no, it won’t turn G8 in V4 or M4 shape. Autofit clones are indeed morphs, but they’re usually different from the source figure shape in some places so that the clothes convert better.

• Is there an indication of which generations of character morphs will be transferrable?

Is that on the cards?

Yes, thanks, I know about that product. It just would be neater, probably more accurate & easier for the end user if it could be done in the one pass. :)

Yeah I didn't mean this product is intended to do that morph transfer right out of the box. I just thought about to convert the clone shape it comes with back to a morph (that it originaly was - just saved as Clone Asset lateron) and see how close you can get the G8 figure to the V4/M4 shape. I think it should even work if it isn't aligned up perfectly. If its close enougth you could use the converted Clone Asset morph with the Transfer Utility to convert those figure morphs with this Reverse Source Shape from Target option checked - you know what I'm talking about right?

edited April 2019

It's super hard to tell from the small image and viewing the arms bends from this angle but I'll try and guess, just for fun - I could be WAY off though: G2F, G8F, V4, G1

I PMed you if you want another beta tester. :)

That was a remarkably good guess. Only one wrong. :)

It does not. I suspect it can, but I need to really study the format of the CR2 file, and generalized Poser-ness. I just don't know enough about it to be definitive. That said, The tools this product uses to work rely on Studio's internals, and I have noticed that there many cases where those tools do not like to work with legacy formats and post Genesis formats at the same time. So it might also not be possible. Thus:

GenX is really the best solution for this issue. Yes, it makes it two step, but I can't begin to say if my methods can get near a single step solution. GenX is the only certain solution I am aware of. I wanted to prove this one way or the other, but I simply don't see taking anouther 2 years to figure that out, and learning the legacy format to my standards would mean that much additional trial and error, (given how my current life makes everything take longer). If I figure out how to do it, there will be an addon, but the basic product will be Genesis only. Because Studio does not really convert legacy figures to the same standard as Genesis at run time, I have to invent a new module to do transfers. It's not just getting the right shape.  If anyone know how to author Poser formats in Daz Studio 4, that would go a long way toward making this possible (not to say that I can't figure it out, if it can be done, just that it would save time). But it's definitely not as simple as getting the clone shapes. 

Here we have everyone. (View the attachment to embiggen.) All seven Genesis figures, all using the same morph as transfered by the tool. While getting the previous example done was good fun, I find that texture's make it too easy to figure out the differences AND it makes it look like there are differences that don't exist. So, this time, I just did them in stone. There remain solid clues as to who's who and there remains one mystery guest in the first image :P

I never got around to having G3 deactivate the navel and realism morphs before executing a transfer, so I'll  be doing that, then one more round of test transfers (so far, it's all been from G8, so I need to do some testing to make absolutely sure there remain no obvious issues. G8 to G8 was a thing that happened, otherwise there'd be six figures in the render, so I know it works for putting morphs on G8. I just need to make sure there are no gotchas). After that, I'll be releasing to beta. New tester hopefuls, if you PM'd, I will start contacting you as soon as it looks like I'm not getting enough feedback from existing testers. Or if I need specific tests run (I don't know that I will). 

All 7.png
    1333 x 1000 - 792K
    edited April 2019

This is really remarkable work, Singular. I can't spot any differences.

Like with GenX will this allow us to transfer morphs between genders? 

(If not, I supposed I could use GenX to transfer to morph to G3 and then from G3 to G8 using your new tool)

Post edited by Leonides02 on
  • Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,557
    edited April 2019

... ...

Post edited by Noah LGP on
    edited April 2019

This is really remarkable work, Singular. I can't spot any differences.

(If not, I supposed I could use GenX to transfer to morph to G3 and then from G3 to G8 using your new tool)

Since I wasn't serious about the guess who game, I'll just answer. The first 4 are, as Divamakeup guessed, G1, G2F, G8F(the source), but not V4 for reasons as above. The last is G2M. She correctly identified not only who, but who was who for the 3 she got right.

Right to left in the all 7 image: Genesis, G2F, G3M, G8F, G8M, G3F, G2M.

Moreover, you don't have to make the figures look exactly like the source. This is the result of using an optional process. It should be noted that sending cross gender will likely require manual edits (Edit: IF and ONLY IF you don't use the option to make the result exactly match the source. Essentially baking the source figure shape into the FBM and FHM. If you do that, no other work is required), because man boobs and woman boobs just don't morph the same, which can result in very, very bad results. Everything else works fine, however. The down side of this method is that the odds of distortion when transfering big morphs have returned to normal. Unfortuantely trying to use the trick I used to prevent that distortion makes this method fail. I might be able to solve that, mind, but I don't mean to delay again looking for perfection. If I solve it, and Daz accepts it, it will go in an update.

Related, slightly: I am iffy as to whether the next Genesis will be an update or addon. It's probably for the best, since this is a decision I should only take after I've actually seen Daz's next figure. However, I am solid on Legacy figure support. If I have a product, and I figure out how to do it, it will be an addon.

• algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,576
    edited April 2019

Sorry cross posted with SB.

Post edited by algovincian on
    edited April 2019
    Noah LGP said:

About GenX and Millenium 3 / 4 ,  GenX use D3 V3/M3/S3/F3/A3/H3 and V4/M4 A4/H4/G4/F4 Shapes for Genesis as bases for the transfert.

I do know this. It's just that I have no idea how D3D did it, and until I uderstand if I can author Poser formats in Studio, and how, I can't say I can provide Generation 4 support, or even get Gen4 shapes into Genesis figures one way. I do not claim it to be impossible in the general case. Just that it may be impossible in terms of what the tool I've written does. So to do it would either require understanding what D3D did, or building a separate tool. 

Okay

Right to left in the all 7 image: Genesis, G2F, G3M, G8F, G8M, G3F, G2M.

Well that certainly answers my question! Great news. Thanks, Singular. I really can't wait to get a hold of this product. Insta-buy!

• Noah LGP said:

Okay

I was not upset. I just over-explain ... well, everything. Sorry, bad habit.

• ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,960

ok licking my lips, does this mean we will get it soon?

It does not. I suspect it can, but I need to really study the format of the CR2 file, and generalized Poser-ness. I just don't know enough about it to be definitive. That said, The tools this product uses to work rely on Studio's internals, and I have noticed that there many cases where those tools do not like to work with legacy formats and post Genesis formats at the same time. So it might also not be possible.

Select the Victoria 4 or Michael 4 figure in the scene, go to Edit>Figure>Rigging>Convert Figure To Weight Map, now choose a weight map system you want to work with.

Once this is done with TriAx or General weights you can start to use for example the Node Weight Map Brush tool on those Legacy figures. Also more important the Transfer Utility will work on them.

Like always to transfer morphs they have to be once saved as Morph Assets go to File>Save As>Support Asset>Morph Asset.

But since the figure isn't saved yet as a Figure/Prop Asset you go here File>Save As>Support Asset>Figure/Prop Asset.

With this the morphs get saved along with it in the "data/Morphs/Base" folder. Now don't forget to delete the current Victoria 4 or Michael 4 figure from the scene because its still the old version. Restart DS and load your new V4 / M4 Figure/Prop Asset from the library to actualy use the new asset in the scene. Now try the Transfer Utility with them I'm pretty shure it will work.

Noah LGP said:

Okay

I was not upset. I just over-explain ... well, everything. Sorry, bad habit.

Don't worry, it's not what I thought.

• ImagoImago Posts: 4,900

Do you have tried very extreme morphs for Genesis1 like Mavka, Sadie or Sam? I'm really interested in those results.
    Anyway, great work, it looks amazing! Insta-buy for me!