Genesis 3 to Genesis 8 Pose Converter (Commercial)

Comments

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited March 2018

Well yes. Technically you can apply same generation male poses to female and vice versa and they work, unless the poses are offset for specific gender shapes like v8 or M8. I apply male poses to female all the time without issues.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

I was asking partially for things like hands on hips and what not in case you figured in the offset for the size and shape differences between the male and figure base shape. 

edited March 2018

What if a user dials in a custom shape? There is no way to cater for that regardless, even if the pose set is designed for same gender. So on a technical level, yes cross gender poses can be used on one another.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

I'm running into an issue with the included Genesis 8 to Genesis 3 Pose Converter. The poses I'm trying to use are Fearless Archer. The script appears to be working just fine, (converts the poses, saves them to the correct location, etc.) but when I try to apply any of these poses to G3F, I get an error.

From the log file: Invalid hierarchy for selected node(s) and "preset_hierarchical_pose" type; no root(s) found.

I also converted a set of poses from FeralFey after converting the Fearless Archer set, and they work just fine.

Does this mean the conversion scripts do not work with Hierarchal pose sets? Or is there something else going on?

"Invalid hierarchy for selected node(s) and "preset_hierarchical_pose" type; no root(s) found."

Hmmm...We will look into that.

Zev0 said:

"Invalid hierarchy for selected node(s) and "preset_hierarchical_pose" type; no root(s) found."

Thank you. smiley

• chrislillytvchrislillytv Posts: 49
    edited April 2018

Okay, so I think I was able to convert Genesis 8 poses to be able to use on Genesis 3 (I'll have to adjust a few, as warned, but they are basically the same). I did my expressions as well., however, some expressions don't load. The Genesis 3 Figure blinks, but the expression doesn't change the face... any thoughts?

Post edited by chrislillytv on
    edited April 2018
    The converters mainly focus on poses not expressions. It's the same as trying to use g3 expressions on g8. Some of them won't work properly because of the differences, so same issue will happen when trying to convert poses that make use of expressions.
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813

Has anyone managed to successfully convert the i13 Epic Archery set (https://www.daz3d.com/i13-epic-archery-collection)? It's a big set with a lot going on, so I didn't expect it to necessarily move quickly, but as far as I can tell, it's not moving at all. I let the script run for several minutes, and then eventually, I have to kill the Studio process because it's not writing anything. I think.

My hard disk sounds like it's being accessed a lot, but I'm guessing that these may be mostly read operations, because as far as I can tell, nothing is being written anywhere. The script isn't creating directories for the poses in the Converted directory. And unfortunately, I can't tell what Studio thinks is going on, because I have to kill the process to make the script let go, which means that the log file never gets written to.

I even tried just doing one individual pose from the full body poses, and that didn't convert, either.

The same thing happens with the i13 Epic Swords set, as well. (https://www.daz3d.com/i13-epic-pose-collection-with-swords) I was hoping that they would work, since they've got hierarchical poses for the weaponry, which is a massive pain otherwise.

edited April 2018
    Did u update the product? we sent out one that fixes hierarchical poses. Unless these sets are saved very different.
    Post edited by Zev0 on
    Zev0 said:
    Did u update the product? we sent out one that fixes hierarchical poses. Unless these sets are saved very different.

Readme says that the update was on August 22, and according to DIM, I installed on August 24, so the update should be there.

I converted a couple of other sets, just to make sure everything was working, and it converted those (including one much less complicated i13 set) just fine. There may be something about those sets in particular, I guess.

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074
    edited April 2018

@vwrangler "Has anyone managed to successfully convert the i13 Epic Archery set (https://www.daz3d.com/i13-epic-archery-collection)?

I have. No issues writing.  Seemed to transfer as fast any other set. Here's a screenshot. FWIW, I haven't had any of the slow transfer issues that trouble some folks. Win7, I7, 32GB Ram

Capture.PNG
    472 x 758 - 153K
    Post edited by fastbike1 on
    fastbike1 said:

@vwrangler "Has anyone managed to successfully convert the i13 Epic Archery set (https://www.daz3d.com/i13-epic-archery-collection)?

I have. No issues writing.  Seemed to transfer as fast any other set. Here's a screenshot. FWIW, I haven't had any of the slow transfer issues that trouble some folks. Win7, I7, 32GB Ram

Apparently, it needed to rest overnight or something. I was able to convert Epic Swords today without major issues. And it's working on Epic Archery. Sloooooooooooowly. Very very very sloooooooooooowly. According to the progress window, it's been running for 5 minutes 8 seconds, and it's done seven foot poses. There are 481 total full body, partial and body-part poses in the set, so ... it may take a while.

Still, that's an improvement over not working on those poses at all, and last night, it absolutely was not.

Zev0 said:

Zev0 said:

Assuming you recently sent out an update that addresses my question from March 25th, it has yet to show up in DIM. Like @vwrangler, my lastest package date is 8/22/2017. I'll be patient and wait for the update to show up.

I really appreciate that you and Discobob made the pose converter work with hierarchical poses, too. Thank you. You guys are the best!

• wizard1200wizard1200 Posts: 239

I am sorry if this has been asked before, but how can i select the folder where the converted poses will be saved?

I ask, because everytime i try to save the converted poses they will be saved under "local user".

edited May 2018

@wizard1200 "I am sorry if this has been asked before, but how can i select the folder where the converted poses will be saved?"

It's at the top of the window after you double click the script. "Converted Files Directory". See the screenshot.

Capture.PNG
    749 x 702 - 132K
    Post edited by fastbike1 on

@wizard1200 "I am sorry if this has been asked before, but how can i select the folder where the converted poses will be saved?"

It's at the top of the window after you double click the script. "Converted Files Directory". See the screenshot.

edited May 2018

Hi Guys. An update from our side. We will have an update for the product soon. It will be ver.1.4. What is included -

-Hierachical pose sets converted from G8 to G3 now work.

-All pose conversions are now more accurate in the leg department specially with sitting or bend positions for both G3 to G8 and other way around.

The only downside is if you want the more accurate versions of the pose sets saved you will have to reconvert the poses again using this version. It is ok to overwrite sets if your path is the same. Or just use the corrector on the fly. That as also been updated.

Thank you for your support. We will let you know when the update has gone live. Might be within the week. A very special thanks to Discobob for making time to do this update among busy schedules.yes

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • wizard1200wizard1200 Posts: 239

@fastbike1: Thank you very much for your help.

• ArtsyDragonArtsyDragon Posts: 530
    Zev0 said:

Hi Guys. An update from our side. We will have an update for the product soon. It will be ver.1.4. What is included -

-Hierachical pose sets converted from G8 to G3 now work.

-All pose conversions are now more accurate in the leg department specially with sitting or bend positions for both G3 to G8 and other way around.

The only downside is if you want the more accurate versions of the pose sets saved you will have to reconvert the poses again using this version. It is ok to overwrite sets if your path is the same. Or just use the corrector on the fly. That as also been updated.

Thank you for your support. We will let you know when the update has gone live. Might be within the week. A very special thanks to Discobob for making time to do this update among busy schedules.yes

Looking forward to it! Thanks for all you do.

Version 1.4 Update is live.

Zev0 said:

Version 1.4 Update is live.

I found this in DIM recently. Thanks so much to both you and DiscoBob. Big hugz. laugh

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723

This is such a great product as a pose converter alone. But making the converted poses work with smart content raised it to another level. Thank you! yes

Do you have anything or can you recommend a product that can create mirrored poses of the G8 poses? There was a freebie script for G3 but I'm not sure if it was updated for G8.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

I love this product and use it often. Thanks for making it

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

damn, i converted again a couple of days before this was relesed. Ahh well, it doesn't take that long. It's certainly not like waiting for a render. :)

Appreciate the update Zev0.

• Joe WebbJoe Webb Posts: 837

I'm having trouble  with a new set of poses and I wonder if there is anything to be done. This is the first time I've run into trouble converting poses

It's the Midnight Scholor Poses set. I'm trying to apply it to G3M, so I'm converting from G8 go G3. It runs, produces the files but when I go to apply them, it just gives an error.

"/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Converted/Midnight Scholar/MNS First Visit.duf (2,0): Illegal new-line in string"

I like these poses in that they can place books in the posed hands of the targets (like a sword or a gun), and I was hoping to use my older characters with them. Not a show stopper that I can't use my first choices with them, but I wonder if you've seen this?

Thanks

edited July 2018

We will have to look at the pose set directly to see what is going on. Pose sets involving objects/props are tricky. Not everybody saves them the same way.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Joe WebbJoe Webb Posts: 837
    Zev0 said:

We will have to look at the pose set directly to see what is going on. Pose sets involving objects/props are tricky. Not everybody saves them the same way.

Ah, it seems like that from the little I know of pose sets. Well, if you get around to it - I'd rather see Skin Builder in the store truth be told wink

• mats76mats76 Posts: 289

I have not used this in a long time but thought it was time to start convert all my G3 poses.

But in my first try  (tried convert Aeron Soul Everyday walking poses) some of the files have this error message when trying to apply them after the conversion: aeon soul/everyday_walking/walking_31.duf (1310,21): Unexpected character
    2018-07-21 11:29:36.420 Error reading file, see log for more details. . 

9 of the 35 poses has the same error message.

Any one  having an idea what could cause this?

• Sorry, dumb question here after just jumping in on page 7 (heh); but will you be creating a way to convert animations (which are just a series of poses after all, right? LOL).  This seems like it has been brilliantly designed and tested and would also like to throw my money at you Zev0... (that's the part I DID see). Tnx! yes