Genesis 3 to Genesis 8 Pose Converter (Commercial)

15678911»

Comments

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited February 2022

Hi. You determine the converted Path. Only way it can ever overwrite is if you set it the same.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Got it.  Thanks for clarifying.

• Zev0 said:

Official Update is now Live.

Version 1.6

Hello,

I tried to download the update but it keep on saying 1.5 instead of 1.6. Could you please help me with this problem? Thank you

Hi. How are you downloading it?

• Optimus ShepardOptimus Shepard Posts: 181
    edited May 2022

Zev0 said:

Hi. How are you downloading it?

First manual but then automatic through Daz Manager. I got "Genesis 3 to Genesis 8 Pose" 1.6 to work but "Genesis 8 to Genesis 3 Pose Converter" still says 1.5. And it doesn't convert the Genesis 8 pose to Genesis 3 at all. Please help Thank you

UPDATE: Okay I'm so stupid and I'm very sorry. I could of sworn I put it the right folder but for some odd reason Daz3d Studio set the pose in my old hard in my computer instead of putting it in my external hard drive. I finally got it to work and the poses work perfectly. Thank you so much for this awesome product and sorry again.

Post edited by Optimus Shepard on
    Ah ok cool. Glad it's sorted.
    edited April 2023

Product has been updated. Some pose sets gave an error code when trying to apply after conversion.

Conversion Scripts now handle invalid (badly written) files that DS would struggle with. Scripts now converts pose sets that contain custom code that previously could not be converted.

G3 to 8 updated to version 1.7
    G8 to 3 updated to version 1.6

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Zev0 said:

Product has been updated. Some pose sets gave an error code when trying to apply after conversion.

Conversion Scripts now handle invalid (badly written) files that DS would struggle with. Scripts now converts pose sets that contain custom code that previously could not be converted.

G3 to 8 updated to version 1.7

G8 to 3 updated to version 1.6

Does this mean I have to re-convert my poses ?  I have done the update to the utility.

edited April 2023
    No. Only sets that didn't work. They should work now.
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • chris-2599934chris-2599934 Posts: 1,775
    edited July 2023

I just bought this to finally bring all my G3 stuff into the G8 world. It seems to be working fine. I just select the G8F/Poses folder and it finds all the subdirectories and files therein - great. And works through that list when I press the button

EXCEPT

Sometimes vendors put things in the Poses folder that aren't poses. Maybe a camera, maybe a prop, stuff that the pose converter won't be able to deal with. When it hits such a file, the converter just hangs there indefinitely, meaning I have to cancel, clear down the process and start again manually removing the files that have already been converted and the one the converter choked on.

It would be much better if the converter just rejected a file it couldn't convert and moved on to the next one.

ADDED: I've found that sometimes it DOES recognise that a file cannot be converted. But in those cases it pops up a dialog to say it can't convert that file, and waits for you to click OK. Better than hanging, but still not good if you want to pick a stack of directories and leave Daz to get on with converting them overnight.

Post edited by chris-2599934 on
  • This doesn't seem to be working. The corrector does but not the converter. When I open up the conversion dialogue and the navigate to the poses I want to convert, the files remain gray and are not selectable. If I try to convert the entire directory, the .duf files populate the window but when I try to do the conversion. nothing happens. I've started it, gone away to do some other stuff, come back hours later and the progress bar remains at zero percent. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling using Install Manager. I've checked that the files have been installed, and they've all been installed to the proper path.

I can't remember if I've ever used the conversion option before successfully, preferring instead to use the corrector, but there are a number of gen 3 poses that I used regularly with gen 8 and wanted to make them work seamlessly without have to do an extra step.

I've taken a bunch of screen shots showing this process and issue but for some reason, the Daz user forums file attachment option doesn't seem to be working. Images don't upload.

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404

I know this is an old thread, but I have a question about converting poses that were converted from G2 to G3 with your Genesis 2 to Genesis 3 Pose Converter. Is it neccessary to use the forearm locker that comes with that product? 

Hi. It is an unlocker, not a locker. Most of G2 poses on the forearm exceed the limits that G3 can do so in order for G3 to match the pose better the forearm limits on the figure need to be unlocked.

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited September 2023
    Zev0 said:

Hi. It is an unlocker, not a locker. Most of G2 poses on the forearm exceed the limits that G3 can do so in order for G3 to match the pose better the forearm limits on the figure need to be unlocked.

Oops, I may have gotten that backwards. I'm getting good results with your pose converters. When I'm using the G3 to G8 converter on poses converted from G2 to G3, most turn out well, but a few have the arms positioned weirdly. It's not all poses, and it's easy enough to adjust them manually, but it is weird that a few poses in a set do that, and the rest don't.
    Post edited by riftwitch on
  • mid_knightmid_knight Posts: 13
    edited October 2023

I seem to be having an issue with this pose converter.  When I run the script.  I select my desired pose output directory, select the input director and hit convert.   I get a message pop up saying "  Error During COnversion.  Files must be in a mapped directory to convert properly!  Any Files Remaining in the List were not converted."  

It doesn't convert any poses at all.   Both the output and input directories are subfolders of parent folders listed in the content directory manager in the preferences of studio.  Reopening Daz doesn't seem to help, and I've got a blank scene.  The Daz log file doesn't say anything useful either.  Just says :2023-10-20 17:49:12.723 [DEBUG] :: Error with E:/Daz/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 3 Female/Poses/Amazon Queen for Olympia 7/Amazon Queen Action 01.duf

Using version 1.7

Post edited by mid_knight on
  • Does not seem to work on any of these: https://www.daz3d.com/atrilliongames - does not even show the contents of the directory. 

Those are all native Genesis 8 poses. Not Genesis 3.

• Zev0 said:

Those are all native Genesis 8 poses. Not Genesis 3.

For the other side of the product, converting Gen 8 to 3. The product support icon directs to this thread as well. 

edited February 17

For some reason that vendor saved the pose files as scripts (.dse) and not the standard .duf pose format.

Post edited by Zev0 on