An Attempt of a "Limited Time Freebie" Message Only Email Alert Thread

18890929394

Comments

  • 3WC3WC Posts: 968

    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/7263726/#Comment_7263726

    Too late now, but here is the discussion thread where this is being discussed. ;)

  • jjmainorjjmainor Posts: 424

    I think posting the link might be against the rules, but sdebstore just put up a pair of rimless sunglasses as their latest freebie.

  • Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,649

    jjmainor said:

    I think posting the link might be against the rules, but sdebstore just put up a pair of rimless sunglasses as their latest freebie.

    Not really: it's just hardly a "limited time" freebie. He leaves them up for a year or more, as far as I can tell.
  • jjmainorjjmainor Posts: 424

    Eustace Scrubb said:

    jjmainor said:

    I think posting the link might be against the rules, but sdebstore just put up a pair of rimless sunglasses as their latest freebie.

    Not really: it's just hardly a "limited time" freebie. He leaves them up for a year or more, as far as I can tell.

    Links to freebies were disappearing in other threads in here, and I thought one of the mods said they can't be posted if there are items with prices cross posted on the free item's page.  And there are paid items showing up at the bottom of the page, so...

     

    I do miss seeing that store linked in here.  I thought it was this thread that tuned me into that store last year, but I now have to remember looking it up each month because it hasn't been linked in a while.  I guess the near-permanence is why.

  • BronzeDragonBronzeDragon Posts: 267
    edited January 24

    I was one of the ones who had a link removed in another thread. Link also had priced items. Was told that this was a new change to the rules. It had been allowed before. Sure will mess up the freebie contest though."R" also changed, started adding priced items to the feebie page at the bottom.

    Post edited by BronzeDragon on
  • KainjyKainjy Posts: 409
    edited January 28
    Am I wrong or today should be released new bi-weekly freebies ? The older ones have been put to full price.
    Post edited by Kainjy on
  • riuken1riuken1 Posts: 45

    Kainjy said:

    Am I wrong or today should be released new bi-weekly freebies ? The older ones have been put to full price.

    Yes supose to be today, the only freeby in the section is the chiken Henrietta

  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 4,548

    riuken1 said:

    Kainjy said:

    Am I wrong or today should be released new bi-weekly freebies ? The older ones have been put to full price.

    Yes supose to be today, the only freeby in the section is the chiken Henrietta

    And since she has apparently been free sometime before, she didn't show up as I had her already. 

  • riuken1riuken1 Posts: 45

    PerttiA said:

    riuken1 said:

    Kainjy said:

    Am I wrong or today should be released new bi-weekly freebies ? The older ones have been put to full price.

    Yes supose to be today, the only freeby in the section is the chiken Henrietta

    And since she has apparently been free sometime before, she didn't show up as I had her already. 

    Have her for so time too, i had to disable "hide items I own" to see if DaZ was giving items alredy own, my surprise was that is no new Items for this week just the chiken, that item is a recurent freebie I think for the last year, if I remember corectly.

  • 3WC3WC Posts: 968

    3WC said:

    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/7263726/#Comment_7263726

    Too late now, but here is the discussion thread where this is being discussed. ;)

    Wow, I posted this at the top of the page and we haven't had a link to an actual freebie since. ;)

  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 10,438

    New biweekly freebies are finally up: https://www.daz3d.com/free-3d-models

  • Not a single thing for me. After logging out and reloading it's just the same old (some VERY old) stuff I've had for years. Including that stupid chicken.  Don't know why I bother to come here anymore. You listening DAZ? Or don't I count, cause I don't waste money on NFT's  or the like? Not a great way to get new customers (or keep old ones).

  • manekiNekomanekiNeko Posts: 1,260
    edited February 7

    same here. the usual ancient boring repetitive stuff that has already been thru prehistoric times and back - a few times, like a carrousel. and the insufferable sticky toon chicken.

    actually, i was way less disappointed to see the blank page for a few days than the "new" *cough* selection of freebies. why even bother? the blank page was more honest, srsly. and a nice rest for the eyes, except the chicken is so persistent it didn't also disappear.
    don't wanna offer real nice, recent-ish biweekly freebies than actually many people appreciate, not just a few nostalgic amateurs of dusty have-been? then DON'T, but don't replace it with what that kind of excuse for freebies, cuz what's the point. a few very rare times there were cool things in the selection, so i thought yay they have learned, but the next time, same old same old, again. and again. that's why i don't prefer humans over neural networks, at least they learn...

    i mean, i'm really grateful when daz offers unexpected freebies randomly during the year, cuz usually they're awesome. and even when it's "just" daz originals that have been seen already, there is always at least 1 item in the huge heap that i can use. but this biweekly page, it's a joke, and it ain't even funny.

    EDIT: i'm sorry, i wasn't really awake, thought the above comment was in the discussion thread, so i answered directly... just realize now checking for possible replies

    Post edited by manekiNeko on
  • manekiNeko said:

    same here. the usual ancient boring repetitive stuff that has already been thru prehistoric times and back - a few times, like a carrousel. and the insufferable sticky toon chicken.

    actually, i was way less disappointed to see the blank page for a few days than the "new" *cough* selection of freebies. why even bother? the blank page was more honest, srsly. and a nice rest for the eyes, except the chicken is so persistent it didn't also disappear.
    don't wanna offer real nice, recent-ish biweekly freebies than actually many people appreciate, not just a few nostalgic amateurs of dusty have-been? then DON'T, but don't replace it with what that kind of excuse for freebies, cuz what's the point. a few very rare times there were cool things in the selection, so i thought yay they have learned, but the next time, same old same old, again. and again. that's why i don't prefer humans over neural networks, at least they learn...

    i mean, i'm really grateful when daz offers unexpected freebies randomly during the year, cuz usually they're awesome. and even when it's "just" daz originals that have been seen already, there is always at least 1 item in the huge heap that i can use. but this biweekly page, it's a joke, and it ain't even funny.

    EDIT: i'm sorry, i wasn't really awake, thought the above comment was in the discussion thread, so i answered directly... just realize now checking for possible replies

    The (bi)weekly freebies have never been new items. The new freebies do not appear on those pages.

  • manekiNekomanekiNeko Posts: 1,260

    Richard Haseltine said:

    manekiNeko said:

    same here. the usual ancient boring repetitive stuff that has already been thru prehistoric times and back - a few times, like a carrousel. and the insufferable sticky toon chicken.

    actually, i was way less disappointed to see the blank page for a few days than the "new" *cough* selection of freebies. why even bother? the blank page was more honest, srsly. and a nice rest for the eyes, except the chicken is so persistent it didn't also disappear.
    don't wanna offer real nice, recent-ish biweekly freebies than actually many people appreciate, not just a few nostalgic amateurs of dusty have-been? then DON'T, but don't replace it with what that kind of excuse for freebies, cuz what's the point. a few very rare times there were cool things in the selection, so i thought yay they have learned, but the next time, same old same old, again. and again. that's why i don't prefer humans over neural networks, at least they learn...

    i mean, i'm really grateful when daz offers unexpected freebies randomly during the year, cuz usually they're awesome. and even when it's "just" daz originals that have been seen already, there is always at least 1 item in the huge heap that i can use. but this biweekly page, it's a joke, and it ain't even funny.

    EDIT: i'm sorry, i wasn't really awake, thought the above comment was in the discussion thread, so i answered directly... just realize now checking for possible replies

    The (bi)weekly freebies have never been new items. The new freebies do not appear on those pages.

    didn't wanna answer in here again since it's an alert, but no idea how i could reply otherwise... since your comment isn't in the discussion thread..

    i know the biweeklies are not brand new items, and it's ok for me - as long as they still are kind of recent, and by recent i mean not from i dunno, +10 years ago or something. a little bit actual. down to genesis maybe, but not regularly for exotic sideline toon figures, obfuscated lighting systems when we have had iray for eons, the millionth version of  yet another boring little dress or its textures... and the same chicken for months.
    and even in the super old stuff, there could be a change (i don't see the point either tho...). but always exactly  the same carrousel of outdated stuff needing a just as outdated base product? it's downright ridiculous. i can't make any sense at all behind this.

    when you give someone a free gift, even a cheap one, do you throw them your old socks? or movie tickets for a theatre that has closed? again and again, the same pair/movie if they don't grab them at once? i don't... if i don't feel like making a real effort or splurge, at least i'd give some cheap but vaguely actual, use-able stuff - or nothing at all.
    daz doesn't have to offer freebies, and we are not entitled to anything, but then, there shouldn't be any, instead of a mockery.

    because some people - me included since i never learn - actually rejoice when they get the notification for a change, and then, yeah.. same old. it's annoying.

  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 4,548

    manekiNeko said:

    when you give someone a free gift, even a cheap one, do you throw them your old socks?

    Dobby loves socks blush 

  • I have no real problems with old stuff and I understand daz that cannot give brand new assets as freebies. But I feel that giving on February 4  the *exact* same set of free items that was proposed on January 14 is not correct and respectful towards the users/customers. It would be more honest to just say that no new free items are proposed this week/fortnight/month and to stop calling them bi-weekly freebies.

  • WandWWandW Posts: 2,496
    edited February 8

    alainmerigot said:

    ...It would be more honest to just say that no new free items are proposed this week/fortnight/month and to stop calling them bi-weekly freebies.

    Actually, DAZ has always advertised them as Weekly Freebies... wink

     

    PS OOPS; I thought this was the discussion thread!  Sorry! blush

    Post edited by WandW on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 4,548

    WandW said:

    alainmerigot said:

    ...It would be more honest to just say that no new free items are proposed this week/fortnight/month and to stop calling them bi-weekly freebies.

    Actually, DAZ has always advertised them as Weekly Freebies... wink

    But do we know, how long a DAZ week is? 

    We do have a definition for "DAZ soon", but haven't seen one for "DAZ week" 

  • manekiNekomanekiNeko Posts: 1,260

    PerttiA said:

    WandW said:

    alainmerigot said:

    ...It would be more honest to just say that no new free items are proposed this week/fortnight/month and to stop calling them bi-weekly freebies.

    Actually, DAZ has always advertised them as Weekly Freebies... wink

    But do we know, how long a DAZ week is? 

    We do have a definition for "DAZ soon", but haven't seen one for "DAZ week" 

    ah this one is simple: it's every other week.

    btw, i love fresh freebies more than Dobby loves socks. who will win?

    hmm, if someone would move the last 10 or so posts to the discussion thread, we could answer without feeling guilty of spamming the alert thread.. plz?

  • Richard Haseltine said:

    The (bi)weekly freebies have never been new items. The new freebies do not appear on those pages.

     

    So there are good new freebies on other pages - just where are those pages located? That is something we would all like to know. Or is that also a secret to  regular customers (ie not NFT or Discord users)?

     

    Oh, and just for the records, I don't feel bad for posting here, since I only rarely get notified when something is posted (about one in six).

  • SempieSempie Posts: 645

    BronzeDragon said:

    Richard Haseltine said:

    The (bi)weekly freebies have never been new items. The new freebies do not appear on those pages.

     

    So there are good new freebies on other pages - just where are those pages located? That is something we would all like to know. Or is that also a secret to  regular customers (ie not NFT or Discord users)?

     

    Oh, and just for the records, I don't feel bad for posting here, since I only rarely get notified when something is posted (about one in six).

    I'm both DAZ+ PC member, or whatever they call it nowadays, and I signed on to this discord page, even if I don't actually do NFTs. (I fear this entire NFT thing is just corrupting the art world, making even more a profit only thing out of art. Art should not be there for the money. It should be about expression of individual ideas, not about conforming to a market.) The only new items I am aware of are the Platinum Club ones; one monthly freebie, four weekly freebies.

     

    As for the bi-weeklies: I don't mind the older stuff; I still predominantly use Poser. I do think this whole rotating thing is not the best idea to keep people happy. The thing with the current batch is not so much that they are not new store items; the thing is that they were the exact same bi-weeklies as only a mere few weeks before. Maybe less weekly freebies, but no more endless rotating the same freebies over and over again?

  • MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,909
    edited February 10

    Freebies are cool, I like them a lot, especialy DAZ which are really good and timeless. I will support DAZ as much as I can and long as I can as a Hobby 3d artist... I actualy would like to somehow become a pro in art but it just might stay a dream... Anyway I am ok with anything DAZ do now with freebies, but I pray for good winds for everyone, I will try to make some good art, doing some 3d maps angel... Oh well some music that is insipring for me and that is The Score - Unstoppable, Lyrics version...

    and NFL edit too cool

    Post edited by MilosGulan on
  • StargazeyStargazey Posts: 179
    edited February 11

    The good news: There are new "weekly/bi-weekly" (whatever) freebies up.

    The bad news: They are not showing as free! (EDIT: They do show up as free when put in cart!)

    Post edited by Stargazey on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 4,548

    Stargazey said:

    The good news: There are new "weekly/bi-weekly" (whatever) freebies up.

    The bad news: They are not showing as free!

    In cart they are free, except for these two 

    Cart.PNG
    669 x 315 - 36K
  • Sky77Sky77 Posts: 819

    Looks like those two have been fixed and are free now.  There are some pretty cool things for free today including a really nice bundle.  Thanks DAZ for listening!  laugh

     

  • MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,909
    edited February 11

    Thank You very much, it works good now and it is just in time for my arena map. I think I need to open thread about my renders again. I still feel half alive one week after exams. I hope I will recover eventually laugh Thanks again for that bundle it was on my wishlist for some time now... Now I need to make company of dwarf adventurers, for my tapletop Ad&d illustrations... Need to start saving again yesheart Anyway going to the store to grab some food then I will try to see what can be done... It seems I will be revisiting this :) 

    Here is how it looks like... https://www.syfy.com/syfy-wire/dungeons-dragons-castle-greyhawk-lost-dungeon I better go .... angel

    Post edited by MilosGulan on
Sign In or Register to comment.