Project Dogwaffle Howler

Comments

• Yes, the Water and White caps were done with 3dDesigner in Howler, and then I add the splashes and clouds with brushes to make the white caps a little whiter. So, the waves would be exportable. Best3d is filled with coolness! So many links, like you said, plus the newsletter archives/DOTM, I was really happy to have been spotlighted for my second time this summer.

I know, you get going and time flies!

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,924

thanks so much Tiffany, from what I have seen  they look superb!. Will jhave more time to watch early next week

• Next video is up. It's a short one, but pretty important, I think.

Let me know what you all think, and what else you want to see.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,226

Surgery went well... and now I'm all loopy... so I get to kick back and watch tutorials and movies for the rest of the day!!! ;)

This one is wonderful, and it reminds us that we can use brushes products even if we don't own PS or use Gimp!

• What surgery?  Glad you are doing well! Do we need a tutorial on making anibrushes?

Hope everyone in the US has a lovely Labor Day weekend.

Do we need a tutorial on making anibrushes?

That's up to you. Whatever order you think feels natural... I like what you're doing!

What surgery?  Glad you are doing well! 

Hope everyone in the US has a lovely Labor Day weekend.

Thanks! Just some minor exploratory thing... was fun getting knocked out for a couple hours... not so fun fasting for a day for the anesthesia though! Always a trade off!

Rosie's making me a nice steak dinner tonight to make up for it. 32 hours of straight fasting. I don't like not eating!

• Glad it wasn't too serious!  Enjoy the steak.

Have a good rest.

Thanks! Watching Star Wars! ;)

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139

Take it easy and enjoy Rosie fussing over you! (I am sure you will!)

• Hope everyone ib the USA had a great Labor Day! Is a new video every Wednesday working for people? Or should I post them more/less often?

Hope everyone in the USA had a great Labor Day! 

Thanks from Wisconsin, where the world's freshes water is literally everywhere, bringing magic into a whirlwind throughout the land! I really love living here! :)

Is a new video every Wednesday working for people? Or should I post them more/less often?

Works for me! 

...and I'm sure I'm speaking for most when I say that: if life takes a Wednesday release out of the equation... we'll all understand! ;)

Every Wednesday sounds good for me.

• Then that will generally be the plan!

Drats! It's only Tuesday! angry

It's been Wednesday for me all day!

PhilW said:

It's been Wednesday for me all day!

Yesterday? surprise

Well, I probably saw your comment rather later than you made it, but I do get to Wednesdays a few hours before you do.

• Well, I have to appologize, because Murphy hit. My monitor on my Desktop went kaput. I don't have my Tablet set up on my laptop, nor do I have a camera program. So, I'm hoping to get that all set up tomorrow and do a video. Sorry.

Well, I have to appologize, because Murphy hit. My monitor on my Desktop went kaput. I don't have my Tablet set up on my laptop, nor do I have a camera program. So, I'm hoping to get that all set up tomorrow and do a video. Sorry.

Stop!

You can try and work out a schedule if you want... but we'll be fine! ;)

Moral of the story: No apologies needed!!! :D

• Thanks Dart! I hated that I suggested a schedule and then immediately broke it! lol.

I'm recorded the next video. Found a camera program, etc. now it's compiling, I hope it worked, because I'm not sure how to do a voice over, or that I could remember what i said!

Okay, it just finished as I was typing, and, yeah, it has music and no speech! So, I guess I could post it and let you all figure it out by watching the curser! lol

Time to figure out voice...yay for learning!

No worries - we'll look forward to it as and when you get everything sorted, no pressure.

• chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202
    edited September 2016

I am just glad you are doing this. The shedule makes no difference to me as I dont always have time with competing things in MY shcedule.

Post edited by chickenman on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,083

+1

I am just glad you are doing this. The shedule makes no difference to me as I dont always have time with competing things in MY shcedule.

• here you go! Despite the difficulties...done!

• So, has any of the videos so far, taught the previously struggling users anything that you didn't know, yet? (Dart, you don't count! lol) or are the videos still too basic for your use level? I'm trying to decide how much to speed up/cover. I know, you all say, they are great, but I think it's just because you love laughing at my voice! (Yes, I'm insecure, I've never done this kind of thing before.) I do appreciate the patience.

While we wait for someone to answer your questions, I'd like to add that I really enjoyed this latest edition! I really felt for you - having to perform an unexpected voice-over! What... you filmed the screen with a camera? 

I rarely ever use layers, but now I'm going to change that. So I wanted to follow along with Howler open. I didn't have the little yellow triangle on my little layer icon like you did - and it was driving me NUTS!!! I was wondering if that thing can be slid to the side as an opacity level control. 

So then you mentioned it! It a Swap viewer!!! ;) We need to ask Dan if he can make that thing into a slider, so we can drag that to combine with Swap!!! LOL If he can do it... he will. Dan's freaking Magic, I think.

Speaking of Dan Ritchie being magical, I think he really is. He's the sole developer of this excellent software, and he's CONSTANTLY making this thing better and better - he's such a research genius, constantly studying the craft(s) of development... the stuff he does blows my mind! 

I'm doing stuff in Howler that otherwise needs some pretty expensive tools to perform. Researching algorithms and code... ways to generate art through these things... he's just always pushing himself to make this thing grow so nicely....

Okay... Dart, breathe. 

I love Howler and I thank you for digging in and showing us all what makes it tick. Tiffanie, you have a great way of opening up this wonderful artwork classroom and showing us where all of the tools are and how to use them. That's down-right magical too - and I really appreciate your efforts!

Thanks Tiffanie!

• While we wait for someone to answer your questions, I'd like to add that I really enjoyed this latest edition! I really felt for you - having to perform an unexpected voice-over! What... you filmed the screen with a camera? 

Thank you! It was a little startling. No, the softwar screen recorder just didn't record my voice. I spoke though the whole thing and there was nothing but music! So, I went back and with the edit, I just recorded my voice as I rewatched the video, trying to remember what I had said! lol

I rarely ever use layers, but now I'm going to change that. So I wanted to follow along with Howler open. I didn't have the little yellow triangle on my little layer icon like you did - and it was driving me NUTS!!! I was wondering if that thing can be slid to the side as an opacity level control. 

You click on the swap icon and that turns it on and off. Sorry that I didn't say that in the voice over. I'm pretty sure thinking back that i did say it in the original. And you can actually alter it by turning it on and then using the interactive undo slider.

So then you mentioned it! It a Swap viewer!!! ;) We need to ask Dan if he can make that thing into a slider, so we can drag that to combine with Swap!!! LOL If he can do it... he will. Dan's freaking Magic, I think.

Speaking of Dan Ritchie being magical, I think he really is. He's the sole developer of this excellent software, and he's CONSTANTLY making this thing better and better - he's such a research genius, constantly studying the craft(s) of development... the stuff he does blows my mind! 

I'm doing stuff in Howler that otherwise needs some pretty expensive tools to perform. Researching algorithms and code... ways to generate art through these things... he's just always pushing himself to make this thing grow so nicely....

Okay... Dart, breathe. 

Yes, he is very responsive to the users, and does things we never even think of! There are very few things over the years that I've asked for that he hasn't been able to provide. And most of them weren't important, anyway!

I love Howler and I thank you for digging in and showing us all what makes it tick. Tiffanie, you have a great way of opening up this wonderful artwork classroom and showing us where all of the tools are and how to use them. That's down-right magical too - and I really appreciate your efforts!

Thanks Tiffanie!

Thank you, Dartanbeck! Your enthusiasm really helps keep me up and wanting to figure out, "what's next?"

If you're even stuck on where to go next, just record yourself painting a picture and post that! ;)

Talk your way through it... or just hum.... ;)

Yeah, I mentioned that it would be really nice if we could use the mouse wheel to scroll through fonts... now we have mouse wheel throughout!!! He loves me? He Loves Me!!! LOL

• Lol!  I know!  He does such a great job!

Okay, painting and humming or singing, got it! lol

This discussion has been closed.