Project Dogwaffle Howler

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,226

Wow! I am SO Honored!!!

The new Newsletter just came out, and Philip has compiled a bunch of my comments and such, and built a really nice place for me within the DotM (Dogwaffle of the Moment) at TheBest.com!

Check it out if you like ;)

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139

A great honour!  I hear he's considering changing the program name to Dartwaffle!

• Newest Installment!  Only took three tries! lol..  Enjoy!

@Dartanbeck: Congrats again!

• This one hasn't gotten many views. So, not a useful video? Problems with it? Hard to see/hear? Let me know.

• chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202

I havent had a chance real life is in the way but I think I convinced my daughter to look at them as well.

I'm still catching up but I'm glad they are there and working my way (admittedly slowly) through them.

• @ chickenman, I understand real life!  Awesome that your daughter might check them out, too.

@ PhilW, That's good to know. So, somepeople are just going slow.

Just want to make sure that I'm not being boring and losing viewers because of that! lol.

Have a great week, all.

I understand the not wanting to lose people in my previous job I had to develop and distribute eLearning modules so it is a fine balance of enough info and not putting people to sleep as well an not going to fast. So far i think the way you are doing it is fitting my pace which is great.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,083

I agree. I am behind on the videos but like the ones I have watched.  Pacing and subjects are good as far as I am concerned.  Frankly, I had Howler but it was unused until you started this vid series.  Now I really see the potential. 

Sorry Tiffanie. Busy doing stonework for my singer - takes everything out of me!

•  

Happy Wednesday!

Thanks again I will try to watch it later with last weeks.

Thanks for doing these!

• I found I had some catch up to do, too! Next one is going to be on Ani-brushes since I just figured them out again! lol. Or, at least I remembered how to do one kind of them. The other kind is a lot more complicated, so, I'll be going over that to brush up for myself before doing a video on it. You're welcome, PhilW

Ahh, Anibrushes, it takes me back to DeLuxe Paint on the Amiga!

• WsCGWsCG Posts: 391

I need to pick up PDHowler. I own PDPainter, version 9, I think? Awesome program, but without the animation features of Howler. I've been looking for a reason to it more. Will have to reinstall it and start digging into it more. 

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,924

thanks so much for doing this tiffanie_gray_aceaa3bc71  :)

don't worry about the lack of views,

what will happen is that when people watch the vids, and post their results,

people will see what a good program it is

more people will watch the vids and buy dogwaffler

you'll find its an inertia thing.

and I think people will sit down and watch them one after the other - rather than one at a time

I hope that makes sense,

thanks again!!

• @ PhilW - Yes, Dan Ritchie loved his DPaint!

@Mitovo - I'll check on my Painter version 9 and see if you can do the anibrushes without the animation suite in Howler. I think you can, but don't remember for sure.

@Headwax - Thank you!  I'm glad that people are getting something out of it. And you may be right that they might want to see several at a time, to see if I'm going to keep it up, or not. lol.  I hope that people do start posting there successes and problems. You are so welcome.

edited September 2016

Filters Tutorial Video

Hidden Gems!!!!

Happy Wednesday!

Love it! Thanks!

Oh... and I think it might be valuable to mention that the "Worley" filter is Brand Spankin' new in the latest version of Howler 10... just FYI to those whom might not see it in the list ;)

Post edited by Dartanbeck on

Midnight Pool Party!!!

Newest Installment!  Only took three tries! lol..  Enjoy!

@Dartanbeck: Congrats again!

Ooops... I did these backwards! No biggie, so it turns out!

Once more... an important note that Render > Bubbles is brand new to Howler 10! ;)

Hey Tiffanie, you really do spendid tutorials, you know that? Have I mentioned that?

BTW, I've found the hidden Media Player!!! LOL It's really a Media Player!!! LOL

Cool project!

Oh... yeah... animated brushes are a go in Artist, just no Animation menu. I'd be lost without my Animation menu, but many, many people would not.

With the Animation menu, However, Howler is a rather fine compositing/vfx tool!

• I was just going to say that I just checked out Particles 9 and the method I'm going to teach works in it as well for making ani-brushes. So, if you have 9 or above, Artist, Howler or Particles, it will work. I don't have 8 or less any more, so I can't say for them, I dont' remember when the change to the brush storage happened, so they might work there, too.

@Dart - Thank you for your enduring praise! I do work better with that.! lol   Oh, I made a trial run doing Mandallas while singing....need a little more practice, but it just might happen! Maybe when we get 25 subscribers, or something like that.

i do try to make them stand alone for the most part, after the first couple.

Oh, I made a trial run doing Mandallas while singing....need a little more practice, but it just might happen! Maybe when we get 25 subscribers, or something like that.

LOL!

Yeah... Howler also has the beautiful Brush Keyframer!!! ;)  Which also works with animated brushes, which can be any sequence or avi! ;)  Can we say: "SWEET!!!" ? yes

•  

Next video is up!

And I realized after it's posted that I forgot to say how to save the anibrush. :(  Just save it in the Media browser.

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,924

thanks Tiffanie, really appreciate youi doing this, and really looking forward to sitting down and going through the tuts!!

• You all are welcome!

I love the Animated Brush functions! Sweet! Vastly expands the power of a brush - even if you just want subtle changes to simple brushes... this is the tool to use! ;)

Very nice presentation, Tiffanie!

I really love the explanation of "Array to Brush" technique! So Fun!

• Yay! I still sound intelligable! Thanks!

Hmm... Intelligable? Hmmmm... LOL

Yes! You sound, fun, witty, and... well... intelligable! ;)

Pool party at Midnight?

This discussion has been closed.