There were you five minutes.
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Say what? Times up for what? :P

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,510
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Say what? Times up for what? :P

If you want to argue you have to pay, times up!
    edited December 1969

Oh no it is not.

edited December 1969

It is!

edited December 1969

Now look this is not an arguement!

edited December 1969

I say it is!

• BagletBaglet Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Luxus is good if you spend the time on the matarials first, this what bugged me about Reality and one of the many reasons why I never got it. But with Luxus everything is in one place. Personally I think this is a stroke of Geneis by SpecLabs but I would never tell them that of course.

I don't mind if you want to abuse me...I am used to it. :( and depending whos doing it I might enjoy it. Oops TMI again. ;)

It's a whole new area to learn. All renderers seem to have their quirks. They like this, don't like that. That image has quite a bit of reflection as the clothes also have bits of metal. Good job I forgot to correct the necklace metals. I hope somebody will come up with a list of what Lux prefers.

I've had a set of user options in Vue for years now that only need a bit of a tweak now and then. Makes me lazy. But I spend ages on getting materials right. The DS and Poser imports come in with no highlights which always has to be fixed or else the bumps don't show. Then there's the weird DS high reflection import for Collada. Keeps us off the streets.

edited December 1969

Totte no it is not.
    :)

Baglet Yep it is down to knowing how Lux handles materials compared to Vue and Daz Studio. I am still learning myself in this regard.

I never use Collada for Vue now at all, I do it via OBJ...If I need to move a body part then I will do it in Daz Studio and export again. I am getting handy with estimating how much to move this and that now. :)

edited December 1969

@Baglet: Yes, everything can be defined my Monty Python citations, for render engines this one from Life Of Brian suits fine "You are all individuals" ;-)

@Szark: Why do you argue if it isn't an argument then?

edited December 1969

Becasue I have nothing better to do while waiting for my first Luxus render to complete. I can't even help anyone on the forums

edited December 1969

Got one running too, but it's about half done now, 550samples/pixels after 3 hours (1600x1280). I usually go at 1000 samples/pixel, specially with several lights.

edited December 1969

This is my first ever proper Lux render...I dabbled with LuxBlend last year but never did a proper render. I am only doing a very small image for now given the machine I am on. I don't think I will be doing anything bigger until I get a new workstation. I have choosen a few things that have different surface properties so I can do some testing. Took me 2 hours of solid reading last night to find out why I couldn't control the area lights intensities. Now that is sorts I thing the surfaces look ok for my first. Using two area lights one key and one fill from above. I haven't had so much fun in ages.

Last night whilst in bed in agony I was thinking which of Jacks products I should try and I still haven't decided. Has to be something small though which is hard given the nature of Jack's products. :)

edited December 1969

Szark said:

Last night whilst in bed in agony I was thinking which of Jacks products I should try and I still haven't decided. Has to be something small though which is hard given the nature of Jack's products. :)

Indigites Dii is a good small one. I use bits of it if I just want a pillar for somebody to lean against.

Totte: Yes - I think the Pythons had an good quote for any situation.

Have decided not to go visit the office - waste of time really as there's no computer to work on. We do have a room full of skellingtons though.

• Daz Jack TomalinDaz Jack Tomalin Posts: 13,127
    edited December 1969

Well it will be good to hear if there are any issues in Lux, or even Vue.. just in case it's something I can change for future things. Glad to hear so far most things work ok though :)

edited December 1969

To be honest Jack I have never had any trouble using your provustd in Vue via OBJ. But with the advent of Luxus PA could now provide Daz/Lux mats as standard. ;) I am only jocking but it is there. :)

edited December 1969

Well it will be good to hear if there are any issues in Lux, or even Vue.. just in case it's something I can change for future things. Glad to hear so far most things work ok though :)

I see a lot of "Jack Stuff" in the Vue Galleries on facebook

edited December 1969

Szark said:
    To be honest Jack I have never had any trouble using your provustd in Vue via OBJ. But with the advent of Luxus PA could now provide Daz/Lux mats as standard. ;) I am only jocking but it is there. :)

Prostuds? is that a TOS-friendöy word? ROFL
    edited December 1969

Totte said:
    Szark said:

Prostuds? is that a TOS-friendöy word? ROFL

lol!

edited December 1969

LOL yeah having a real dyslexic days today. Funny too funny. Also I am a bit giddy with the news of the Song Bird Contest...........whos ya daddy. :)

edited December 1969

Just looked.. congratulations! You jammy bugger.. I mean, well done, good job etc ;)

edited December 1969

LOL thanks Jack. :P

edited December 1969

Pete - this weekends whiskey is on YOU - Congrats !

edited December 1969

Aren't you supposed to drink the stuff not pour it all over someone, or is that one of those european traditions I have not heard of. :) Thanks Totte. :)

Oh still cooking.

edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Aren't you supposed to drink the stuff not pour it all over someone, or is that one of those european traditions I have not heard of. :) Thanks Totte. :)

Oh still cooking.

You mean Viking traditions? Yes, it is!

edited December 1969

Sorry yes Viking as the wife and I are sure we have some viking blood in us. I know I am part Scotish so there is a good chance. :)

edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Sorry yes Viking as the wife and I are sure we have some viking blood in us. I know I am part Scotish so there is a good chance. :)

One of the Vikings gifts to mankind, dry British humor ;-)

edited December 1969

Totte said:
    Pete - this weekends whiskey is on YOU - Congrats !

+1.. and mine is a double!

edited December 1969

Szark said:
    LOL yeah having a real dyslexic days today. Funny too funny. Also I am a bit giddy with the news of the Song Bird Contest...........whos ya daddy. :)

Huge congratulations and a virtual whiskey!

szarkwin.jpg
    547 x 360 - 135K
This discussion has been closed.