Star Trek Builders Unite 3 “Runtime Amok”

Comments

• grinch2901grinch2901 Posts: 1,246
    edited December 1969

In my prior Miranda class bridge renders, the chairs were a placeholder, an early chair I did a long while back. Tonight I finished making the ridiculously complex chairs for Miranda class bridge. Yikes, they don't make it easy to make a simple chair.

Looks nice. Do the arms move too?

Yes, I figured out how to do that with my secondary tardis console room so I will set them up with rotations when it's done.

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,250
    edited December 1969

In my prior Miranda class bridge renders, the chairs were a placeholder, an early chair I did a long while back. Tonight I finished making the ridiculously complex chairs for Miranda class bridge. Yikes, they don't make it easy to make a simple chair.

really nice work

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

Rduda said:
    The closer I get to being finished, the more I find I still have left to do...

Its kinda funny how that works isn't it? lol

I am discovering the same with my commercial modeling.

• mdbruffymdbruffy Posts: 2,345
    edited May 2013

This is a still frame from my first attempt at animation. Poser 9 does have animation capabilities- which you can use if your system has the resources or you're willing to wait days for a few seconds of animation. What I did was render the indiviual frames- around 200 by the time I was done, then I took them into Photoshop for some work. After that, I took all of them into a program called MonkeyJam that performed a compuerized verison of traditional animation. I then took that AVI file into a video editing program and added the music.
    I had to open a Youtube account to post it- all the other sites I deal with were either too elitist about who could post animation, or they said the file was too big.
    The clip's only 35 seconds long:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ijPJMvkvh4&feature=youtu.be

D-000.jpg
    933 x 666 - 370K
    Post edited by mdbruffy on
  • ThalekThalek Posts: 318
    edited December 1969

Not bad. I would have made the imagery visible at about the three second mark instead of the six second mark. It's been my observation that most editing cuts in the U.S. are based upon about three seconds, with faster and slower cuts made for a specific effect.

edited May 2013

Thalek said:
    Not bad. I would have made the imagery visible at about the three second mark instead of the six second mark. It's been my observation that most editing cuts in the U.S. are based upon about three seconds, with faster and slower cuts made for a specific effect.

There's always next time. It was a learning experience trying to get everything in sync.

Post edited by mdbruffy on
    edited December 1969

Yeah. Synch is the hardest part. We can tell if it's even a single frame off synch. You have my respect.

edited December 1969

Thalek said:
    Yeah. Synch is the hardest part. We can tell if it's even a single frame off synch. You have my respect.

Thank you, sir. :-)

I always try to do some kind of different project between books. Trying to avoid burn-out.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    This is a still frame from my first attempt at animation. Poser 9 does have animation capabilities- which you can use if your system has the resources or you're willing to wait days for a few seconds of animation. What I did was render the indiviual frames- around 200 by the time I was done, then I took them into Photoshop for some work. After that, I took all of them into a program called MonkeyJam that performed a compuerized verison of traditional animation. I then took that AVI file into a video editing program and added the music.
    I had to open a Youtube account to post it- all the other sites I deal with were either too elitist about who could post animation, or they said the file was too big.

Very good esp for a first attempt!

Yes those files get very large very fast. In Windows 7 it's possible to run the old Vista Windows Movie Maker [I'm not into M live stuff] and while I haven't done it for some time now, there used to be a way to ask it to save out the clips somehow cutting down the size. It could take a few tries to get the quality "passable" for youtube but was great for trimming off a few mb to get them in under the limit.

edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:

Yes those files get very large very fast. In Windows 7 it's possible to run the old Vista Windows Movie Maker [I'm not into M live stuff] and while I haven't done it for some time now, there used to be a way to ask it to save out the clips somehow cutting down the size. It could take a few tries to get the quality "passable" for youtube but was great for trimming off a few mb to get them in under the limit.

Well, the file size on this was 3.76MB- which I don't think is all that big. But some of the sites thought otherwise.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    mdbruffy said:

Well, the file size on this was 3.76MB- which I don't think is all that big. But some of the sites thought otherwise.

No, that's 'small'. I've managed to make clips a few seconds long that were 3 digits big. And one that was only a few minutes hit over 1gig. I didn't even try to upload that one lol ...

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    Rduda said:
    The closer I get to being finished, the more I find I still have left to do...

Its kinda funny how that works isn't it? lol

I am discovering the same with my commercial modeling.

:lol:

It shows in your work; everything I've bought of yours so far has been pretty darn close to perfect, I can only imagine the almost infinite number of tweaks you've done to get there, or how many times you pause before submitting the final for one last check...

-- Walt Sterdan

• crownlioncrownlion Posts: 117
    edited December 1969

just wondering is there a way to fit a poser 4 crs object to m4 figure or is poser 4 just to diffrent to work

bsg_jacket.jpg
    800 x 800 - 167K
    edited December 1969

i forgot to say thank you mdbruffy for the file i like it very much.

edited December 1969

crownlion said:
    i forgot to say thank you mdbruffy for the file i like it very much.

Well then, let's see something. :-)

edited December 1969

crownlion said:
    just wondering is there a way to fit a poser 4 crs object to m4 figure or is poser 4 just to diffrent to work

It's called Wardrobe Wizard. Sometiumes you can get lucky- like I did with the Space Command Jacket for V2 and M2- which wil conform to V3 and M3 without conversion. But that's rare. Usually if you want to use one figure's clothing on another figure, you have to convert it. It's the only way.

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited May 2013

crownlion said:

Try running the outfit through CrossDresser... (It appears Wardrobe Wizard doesn't support M4 - he isn't listed here. Even if it does, XD costs less.)
    Post edited by robkelk on
    edited December 1969

thanks i knew of those programs just no money at the moment anyway thanks for the response. ill have a post mdbruffy

edited December 1969

robkelk said:
    crownlion said:

Try running the outfit through CrossDresser... (It appears Wardrobe Wizard doesn't support M4 - he isn't listed here. Even if it does, XD costs less.)

M4 is purchased seperately through PhilC- the person who created Wardrobe Wizard. He has addional files for all kinds of base characters on his site:

http://www.philc.net/store_WW_Extra_Figs.php

edited December 1969

crownlion said:
    thanks i knew of those programs just no money at the moment anyway thanks for the response. ill have a post mdbruffy

Okay. :-)

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    robkelk said:
    crownlion said:

M4 is purchased seperately through PhilC- the person who created Wardrobe Wizard. He has addional files for all kinds of base characters on his site:

http://www.philc.net/store_WW_Extra_Figs.php
    Oh, lovely! That expands my options somewhat...

edited December 1969

robkelk said:
    crownlion said:

Actually, as of Poser 7, Wardrobe Wizard comes with Poser as a Python script. If I remember right, It still has to be registered to actiuvate it, but it is part of the package now.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

crownlion said:

Poser 4 stuff in general should all work perfectly well, although something that old might look a bit crude compared to anything made in the last few years. Also, the materials might need a bit of tweaking to look better.

The actual problem is which character it's made to fit — if this doesn't match, and you aren't a modelling/rigging expert, then something like Crossdresser or Wardrobe Wizard are your only choices. And as mentioned upthread, even this doesn't always work, some types of clothes just don't take auto-conversion very well. The only option in this case is pretty much rebuilding and rerigging.

edited December 1969

Perhaps someone with Wardrobe Wizard or Cross Dresser would be willing to do the conversion?

• nightwolf1982nightwolf1982 Posts: 1,136
    edited December 1969

HELP!!

http://www.marysgraphics.net <<This link isn't working for me, is anyone able to get it to come up?</p>

edited December 1969

Looks to be non-existent. Might want to do the usual checks: verify address is correct, try Googling it, et cetera.

• nightwolf1982nightwolf1982 Posts: 1,136
    edited December 1969

did all that; asking here was the last resort.

edited December 1969

Then I am useless to you. :-(

edited December 1969

HELP!!

http://www.marysgraphics.net <<This link isn't working for me, is anyone able to get it to come up?</div>

What's the site about? What are you looking for?

This discussion has been closed.