Star Trek Builders Unite 3 “Runtime Amok”

Comments

• mdbruffymdbruffy Posts: 2,345
    edited December 1969

Attention! Attention! The TOS Docking Berth as seen in "Nova Trek 8: Special Report" is now available foir download in my DA Gallery:

http://mdbruffy.deviantart.com/art/Starbase-Docking-Berth-370867826?ga_submit_new=10%3A1368225561

Thanks go to Spotted Kitty for making the files both Poser 9 and D/S4.5 friendly.

:-)

• ThalekThalek Posts: 318
    edited December 1969

Pretty! Thank you!

edited December 1969

Thalek said:
    Pretty! Thank you!

You're welcome.

• wolfgang_1wolfgang_1 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    Attention! Attention! The TOS Docking Berth as seen in "Nova Trek 8: Special Report" is now available foir download in my DA Gallery:

http://mdbruffy.deviantart.com/art/Starbase-Docking-Berth-370867826?ga_submit_new=10:1368225561

Thanks go to Spotted Kitty for making the files both Poser 9 and D/S4.5 friendly.

Thank you for sharing this.
  • TheCastellanTheCastellan Posts: 700
    edited December 1969

Anyone know of how one can make custom names ans numbers that one can copy and paste onto ship textures?

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited May 2013

Anyone know of how one can make custom names ans numbers that one can copy and paste onto ship textures?

Technically, just type something up in your image editor, possibly placing it on a curve, overlay it on the texture and save out a COPY to apply to the ship in D/S or Poser. Save the new mat file.

Fonts, should be some mentioned on the first thread ... and are certainly findable using Google.

A couple of many tuts on the web: http://www.wikihow.com/Bend-Text-in-Photoshop

http://www.developingwebs.net/paintshop/curvedtext.php

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8K5ib-Am6As

Post edited by patience55 on
    edited December 1969

I haven't tried it on starships, but I've used Decal Master in the past applying tattoos to figures and putting a medical symbol on a briefcase. Maybe that would be useful for modifying textures?

edited December 1969

And where and how would I use that?

edited December 1969

You'd use PhotoShop or Gimp to eliminate the text from the textures and save as a copy. Then create your text as an image, and use Decal Master to blend the two. It's an interactive process, so you can adjust the placement, the scale, everything. Then save the new blended texture under its own name. It's been awhile since I last played with it though . . .

edited May 2013

mdbruffy said:

http://mdbruffy.deviantart.com/art/Starbase-Docking-Berth-370867826?ga_submit_new=10:1368225561

Thank you for sharing this.

You're welcome. Post some pics, ok ? :-)

Post edited by mdbruffy on
    edited May 2013

:-) :-) :-)

okay now ... a little history ... why, because ... I took a few notes along the way ... a mite of a diary ...

Okay, sometimes Hexagon does something that is very stupid and annoying. It makes a HUGE file.
    For example, I loaded a file it had made that was 125mb.
    I deleted 2 pieces from it.
    Exported out a new file.
    It's now 571mb.
    Cute.
    And the 2 items removed were reloaded and saved out ... only 274mb.
    Real Cute.

Tried making a prop out of the base as the utility usually lowers the count and it did but only less than a hundred ... so ... sigh, another day.

no

Loaded ridiculous prop into D/S4.5, exported out an .obj.

yes

it's only 8.66mb.

whew!

And the 274mb peddles are now down to 565kb.

So if anybody hasn't yet ... for exporting out .obj files if nothing else ... "buy a free copy" of D/S4.5!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did have to reload it into Hexagon in order to fix a few things to create the .cr2 but it's still well under what it was.

DA Link

edit to add: There are a couple of types of beds in the Sickbay. This is one of them. The other beds for the patients are in the next section.

More pics here.

001.jpg
    552 x 536 - 32K
    edited December 1969

Tried to open both the TMP Transporter and that big docking bay in Daz3, got an error message unable to find such and such PNG's and everything looks like a big piece of plastic. T_T

edited December 1969

Technically, just type something up in your image editor, possibly placing it on a curve, overlay it on the texture and save out a COPY to apply to the ship in D/S or Poser. Save the new mat file.

Fonts, should be some mentioned on the first thread ... and are certainly findable using Google.

A couple of many tuts on the web: http://www.wikihow.com/Bend-Text-in-Photoshop

http://www.developingwebs.net/paintshop/curvedtext.php

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8K5ib-Am6As

I Don't have any paint programs like that, and right now, my computer is a pile of junk I am stuck with until y custom made one is ready, if i send someone the textures I got, could someone here make the name and numbers I need and place them on the textures?

edited December 1969

GIMP is free and works with layers.

edited December 1969

Tried to open both the TMP Transporter and that big docking bay in Daz3, got an error message unable to find such and such PNG's and everything looks like a big piece of plastic. T_T

Unfortunately, as stated in my DA Gallery, the files are geared toward Poser 9 and D/S 4.5. I said that they weren't tested in earlier verisons and I had no idea how they'd behave. Have you checked to see if the material zones are there? In those earlier versions, you may have to appliy the textures by hand and adjust the scales that way, too.
    The Sgt, had a problem with the transporter in one of the D/S pro verisons. He had to apply the textures manually and adjust the size.
    But he got it worked out:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=4&aid=68806_2lUfZFWuEaGCBk6gqp1B&board_id=1

edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:

Unfortunately, as stated in my DA Gallery, the files are geared toward Poser 9 and D/S 4.5. I said that they weren't tested in earlier verisons and I had no idea how they'd behave. Have you checked to see if the material zones are there? In those earlier versions, you may have to appliy the textures by hand and adjust the scales that way, too.
    The Sgt, had a problem with the transporter in one of the D/S pro verisons. He had to apply the textures manually and adjust the size.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=4&aid=68806_2lUfZFWuEaGCBk6gqp1B&board_id=1

Okay. Just tried loading 'all the pieces' into D/S4.5. Yes we have to manually find and apply the textures but that's not a problem. The only 'miss' is the call for a torus. [we can all make a torus real easy in D/S or Hexagon]. I'll hazard a guess that it's to be the container for all these pieces. I like what I see and am looking forward to texturing it for my scenes. Thank you :-)

well.png
    643 x 536 - 151K
    edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:

Okay. Just tried loading 'all the pieces' into D/S4.5. Yes we have to manually find and apply the textures but that's not a problem. The only 'miss' is the call for a torus. [we can all make a torus real easy in D/S or Hexagon]. I'll hazard a guess that it's to be the container for all these pieces. I like what I see and am looking forward to texturing it for my scenes. Thank you :-)

So where's the body at? There shoiuld be a prop file for "Dock Body" with the galleries as part of it. Was the file you downloaded called "Starbase Docking Berth"?

• Ryuu@AMcCFRyuu@AMcCF Posts: 619
    edited May 2013

ssgbryan said:
    The Enigma.

The Von der Tann finds 3 impossible things before Captain Kasyanova has her breakfast.

http://ssgbryan.deviantart.com/art/The-Enigma-370719582

For full-size & her log entry.

well....she could always ask Q. True, he might not be a cooperative or reliable source, but if anyone would know how this was pulled off--assuming it wasn't Q, himself--then he should know who else might have....

And what's the worst thing that can happen by asking Q? There's sure to be someone who's entertained--even if the only one entertained is Q--as everybody is killed off....8-/

Looks like an interesting start to the story. Looking forward to seeing more :-)

Post edited by Ryuu@AMcCF on
  • ChromaDrakeChromaDrake Posts: 288
    edited May 2013

Hello,

I imagine this has been asked before in this thread but the terrible Search function on this forum only seems to give threads rather than specific posts.

Anyway, has anyone ever created a morph or Michael prop to make a gorn? I'd mean the classic rubber suit Gorn from TOS, not the goofy CG version :)

The Lizardian and Drakon offered by Daz are okay, but they just don't have that dragon-like/Godzilla snout with a mouth full of fangs that a gorn should have :D

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Post edited by ChromaDrake on
  • scathascatha Posts: 756
    edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:

So where's the body at? There shoiuld be a prop file for "Dock Body" with the galleries as part of it. Was the file you downloaded called "Starbase Docking Berth"?

I downloaded the file "Swallows nest"

:P

• MotoTsumeMotoTsume Posts: 520
    edited December 1969

I end up with the exact same

daz studio 4.5 render

it asks for a bunch of torus' which don't exist

sure could make some - but not knowing what they are for nor what scale - kinda hard

also none of the textures are found by studio.

and the instructions where followed

had to use import function as none of the parts show up in content library

starshipdockingberth.jpg
    1946 x 1557 - 146K
    edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    mdbruffy said:

That's what I was trying to show you. It doesn't exist. The prop is missing a 'torus' ... I tell it to 'stop asking', runs down a fast list of the times it would ask, and then loads what the second image shows.

thats_it.png
    661 x 498 - 68K
    see.png
    710 x 349 - 55K
    edited December 1969

Any TNG hand phasers?

edited December 1969

should be some in the list at start of this topic - page 1 or 2 :)

edited May 2013

MotoTsume said:
    I end up with the exact same

daz studio 4.5 render

it asks for a bunch of torus' which don't exist

sure could make some - but not knowing what they are for nor what scale - kinda hard

also none of the textures are found by studio.

and the instructions where followed

had to use import function as none of the parts show up in content library

A torus is one of those round doughnut looking shapes. Can be created in D/S, can be created in Hexagon [one of the sculpties].
    If it's basically just needing the one, I was guessing it would be a large container for all those pieces.

The texture folder is wherever you put it. I haven't adjusted mine yet, planning to shorten the name, leaving it in the main textures folder, and then edit the prop files to search for them where I put them.

edited May 2013

I know what a torus is and how to make one, but making then for this wouldnt work as there is no clue at size and scale- is flattened and enlongated for example

also there is no way to figure out what textures go where, so no way to load those except with trial and error.

Post edited by MotoTsume on
    edited December 1969

MotoTsume said:
    I know what a torus is and how to make one, but making then for this wouldnt work as there is no clue at size and scale- is flattened and enlongated for example

also there is no way to figure out what textures go where, so no way to load those except with trial and error.

Yes of course you do know - sorry I was writing faster than thinking ... was thinking also that others who have loaded this item might not know what a torus is.

edited December 1969

Free pizzeria - thinking of a certain program with whales in it ;-)

limited time freebies so don't wait!

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/16978/P30/#324419

edited December 1969

Goggles On! :-)

Click here [esp anybody modeling the well lit bridge]

This discussion has been closed.