Star Trek Builders Unite 3 “Runtime Amok”

Comments

• grinch2901grinch2901 Posts: 1,246
    edited December 1969

Rduda said:
    Just keep the lens flares out ;)

Lens flare generator "Activated!"

The bridge is beautiful work. I feel like this bridge in the film was hard to really see; between camera angles, lens flare and the monotonous color scheme it was hard to really get in my head what the bridge looked like except for the massive chair, the giant screen, and those hanging transparant screens. I wanted to build my own as a "what the heck" project but there are so few good references (probably because it's so hard to see on screen) that I didn't know how to begin.

Interestingly in your early posts I thought it was a great model and a cool looking bridge but I wasn't quite recognizing it. Funnily enough, activating the lens flare makes it more recognizable all of a sudden. Weird.

In the film it appears sort of cramped in a way, I think due to the lens flares (which make it hard to see large portions), the fast cuts of the camera, and those partition screens which blot out some of the background to the sides of the main chair. I can get a better sense of scale now just by seeing it in your WIP renders. Now that I can see it clearly, it looks much more open than I'd thought. I can't wait to see it finished and rendered. Also would be interesting to see what it looks like in more traditional Trek bridge color schemes.

• mdbruffymdbruffy Posts: 2,345
    edited December 1969

I can't find the correct forum thread, so I'll throw this out here and hopefully someone will answer. Pegasus Modeler 3.0 will it allow you to modle stuff for older figures like V3 or is it just for the more recent 4s and 5s ?

edited December 1969
  • PDSmithPDSmith Posts: 712
    edited December 1969

Thanks Madison. I've been looking to use that set for a while and the manual for lighting may not exactly tell me how to do lights it does help in setting a frame of mind to make it better.

-Paul

edited December 1969

PDSmith said:
    Thanks Madison. I've been looking to use that set for a while and the manual for lighting may not exactly tell me how to do lights it does help in setting a frame of mind to make it better.

-Paul

I was hoping someone else would have a chance to grab it before the link expired. Glad to help.

• ThalekThalek Posts: 318
    edited December 1969

Matty, thank you for your service, and best of luck on your commercial ventures.

• TheCastellanTheCastellan Posts: 700
    edited December 1969

Having fun.

Starbase.jpg
    1258 x 870 - 279K
    edited December 1969

ssgbryan said:
    Playing with mdbruffy's Tennis Ball.....

Looks good except that white band under the ships should be the same texture map as the rest of the bay.
  • Lonesome CowboyLonesome Cowboy Posts: 153
    edited April 2013

Hi,
    i am searching for a morph for Kathryn Janeway.
    There was one on Sharecg, but it is deleted. :coolcheese:

Can somebody help:
    please email at Markus.Barnick at gmx.de
    Thanks

Post edited by Lonesome Cowboy on
    edited December 1969

Hi,

Can somebody help:
    Thanks

I think it's on Renderosity here: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=48934

edited December 1969

Trying to improve my modeling and expand the rendering possibilities in the TMP era by building a new bridge. Hopefully it's recognizable. This is still early in the process obviously.

Miranda.jpg
    640 x 480 - 20K
  • TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,251
    edited December 1969

Trying to improve my modeling and expand the rendering possibilities in the TMP era by building a new bridge. Hopefully it's recognizable. This is still early in the process obviously.

nice work!

• Lonesome CowboyLonesome Cowboy Posts: 153
    edited December 1969

Hi,

Can somebody help:
    Thanks

I think it's on Renderosity here: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=48934

Thanks, but the downloadlink there is broken :-(

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,582
    edited December 1969

Hi,

Can somebody help:
    Thanks

Unfortunately, that download link is actually a "redirect" to ShareCG where Scott has, sadly, removed his items. Possibly when the owner of the site contemplated an "upload fee" for people wanting store their freebies there. The owner reconsidered the policy, but a lot of people had bailed by that point.

Sincerely,

Bill

• rdudarduda Posts: 579
    edited December 1969

The closer I get to being finished, the more I find I still have left to do...

01.jpg
    747 x 777 - 207K
    02.jpg
    747 x 777 - 206K
    03_copy.jpg
    747 x 777 - 256K
  • patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Rduda said:

Coming along nicely.

On a side note, I've noticed more sunglasses being released on sharecg lol ...

• GRFK DSGN UnlimitedGRFK DSGN Unlimited Posts: 1,047
    edited December 1969

Looking good. Cant wait til it's release...

David

edited December 1969

Looking good, Richard. Nice detail level throughout, high quality work as always!

Got some more done last night on my Miranda class bridge:

Miranda_Update1.jpg
    900 x 675 - 42K
    edited December 1969

Looking good, Richard. Nice detail level throughout, high quality work as always!

beautiful work

edited December 1969

Rduda said:

that looks great

lens flare not included?

edited December 1969

Coming along nicely too. I like the railing supports.

• TheCastellanTheCastellan Posts: 700
    edited December 1969

I look forward to this one. :D
  • rdudarduda Posts: 579
    edited May 2013

Here is a look outside the bridge, so you can see the front of the ship through the window. Textures are from a ship mod, I'll have new ones when done.

0002.jpg
    747 x 777 - 35K
    Post edited by rduda on
    edited December 1969

great idea

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,582
    edited December 1969

Rduda said:
    Here is a look outside the bridge, so you can see the front of the ship through the window.

That's thinkin' 'ith ye dipstick, Jimmy!

THWACK!!!

Sincerely,

Bill

• MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,800
    edited December 1969

Wow that is so oh my god cool. :-)

edited December 1969

Rduda said:
    Here is a look outside the bridge, so you can see the front of the ship through the window. Textures are from a ship mod, I'll have new ones when done.

So kool. 'K. So the line-up starts here :-)

edited December 1969

In my prior Miranda class bridge renders, the chairs were a placeholder, an early chair I did a long while back. Tonight I finished making the ridiculously complex chairs for Miranda class bridge. Yikes, they don't make it easy to make a simple chair.

ChairTest.jpg
    950 x 777 - 167K
    edited December 1969

In my prior Miranda class bridge renders, the chairs were a placeholder, an early chair I did a long while back. Tonight I finished making the ridiculously complex chairs for Miranda class bridge. Yikes, they don't make it easy to make a simple chair.

Looks nice. Do the arms move too?

This discussion has been closed.