Daz Install Manager (DIM) 1.1.0.74, Now Available! (*UPDATED*)

Comments

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Yes.  It keeps telling me that that my email or password is invalid.  It literally stopped working in the middle of a download and now won't let me log in on either email or password.  I have everything on an external drive which means if i have to uninstall and re install, I am going to have to spend time pointing everythign to where its supposed to go as well.

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,845
    edited November 2017

That usually happens when the server has issues. Try rebooting if you haven't already.

Can you login into your store account in your browser using the same details?

Post edited by DoctorJellybean on

That usually happens when the server has issues. Try rebooting if you haven't already.

Can you login into your store account in your browser using the same details?

Yes and in fact was logged in.  I did reboot (twice) and I am finally back in.  Its installing upward of 300 items but I just don't have time to sort through them and hide the ones I don't need.  I have no idea why it just quit like that, I am online on two computers at the moment and both of them never lost the connection. (I work online as part of my job so, I would have noticed lol)

Hopefully I have pointed everything back to the right spot.  Now I just have to wait I guess until its done.  Thanks for responding so quickly though I really appreciate it!  I was really hoping that I could work on this project on my lunch and set it up to render, so I wouldn't have to be up too late tonight, but that's hardly your fault. 

Okay it looks like this is going to be an issue on my PC as well.  Is there any way to change the email on DIM instead of having to add a new account?  Adding a new account loses all of my settings that point to my external drive and unhides everything that I have hidden. I could just install all of the duplicate Poser files (the older files that are duplicates of the Duf files) but then I'm looking at 600+ items that I don't need using memory in my external drive....

• Okay it looks like this is going to be an issue on my PC as well.  Is there any way to change the email on DIM instead of having to add a new account?  Adding a new account loses all of my settings that point to my external drive and unhides everything that I have hidden. I could just install all of the duplicate Poser files (the older files that are duplicates of the Duf files) but then I'm looking at 600+ items that I don't need using memory in my external drive....

I haven't tried this myself, so no guarantee that it'll work. Make sure that DIM isn't running.

Bring up the Windows Run dialog, enter %appdata% and hit OK. Double-click the DAZ 3D folder, and again for the InstallManager folder. You should see a UserAccounts folder, double-click that. You should see a Account.ini file. Copy that and put it somewhere safe just in case it doesn't work and you need the original. Now open the Account.ini file with Notepad. The 2nd line should be Account=xxxxx. Delete everything in that line only after =, save and close. Restart DIM. Hopefully it'll now ask for an email.

If it doesn't work, replace the edited Account.ini file with the original one you saved somewhere.

Great thank you I will give this a try when I get home.  Appreciate the help!

• The issue is that you can't edit the active account - what I ddi when I changed emails was create a new account (I think it can be a fake), switch to that, edit the email on the original, and then switch back.

• Great thank you I will give this a try when I get home.  Appreciate the help!

Try Richard's advice first :)

Thank you I will give that a try.  I haven't had a chance yet this evening to even look at it.  Might have to wait til the weekend at the rate I am going lol.  I don't need what's waiting to download right this second so I may wait til I am not rushed so I don't accidently do something irreversible.

• IceDragonArtDoctorJellybeanerostewjazjaz689ALLIEKATBLUEFixmypcmikeOverdrawnSamanthieRichard Haseltineantares,

KeryaGiGi_7Miss Bad Wolf3dArtHouseChoholefirewarden, Ivy, SassyWenchWorlds_Edge, and rcallicotte , What a hard work you made for us! It's impossible to avoid to love all of you  and I can't find right words to express my gratitude. I admit I have not yet understood the meaning and technique of Daz Studio because it is too many years working with Poser that I love a lot and compared to Daz 3d seems to me a relaxing and simple pastime. Of Daz 3d I have not understood anything yet because every day there are novelties to learn. Or maybe because I'm already too old for a open mind...
    However, beautiful and motivated people like you are ,who spend so much time helping us make me feel I MUST learn because it will surely be great to belong to your community
    Thank you all!!!
    All the best

Susanna

Screen Shot 2017-11-30 at 12.13.05.png
    1050 x 836 - 220K

Richard, thank you that worked perfectly! 

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,276

IceDragonArtDoctorJellybeanerostewjazjaz689ALLIEKATBLUEFixmypcmikeOverdrawnSamanthieRichard Haseltineantares,

KeryaGiGi_7Miss Bad Wolf3dArtHouseChoholefirewarden, Ivy, SassyWenchWorlds_Edge, and rcallicotte , What a hard work you made for us! It's impossible to avoid to love all of you  and I can't find right words to express my gratitude. I admit I have not yet understood the meaning and technique of Daz Studio because it is too many years working with Poser that I love a lot and compared to Daz 3d seems to me a relaxing and simple pastime. Of Daz 3d I have not understood anything yet because every day there are novelties to learn. Or maybe because I'm already too old for a open mind...
    However, beautiful and motivated people like you are ,who spend so much time helping us make me feel I MUST learn because it will surely be great to belong to your community
    Thank you all!!!
    All the best

Susanna

You're never too old for a open mind! :D Welcome, Susanna! 

• Has anyone noticed that things in the smart content pane just blink and refresh all the time now. Its really distracting. Its as if there is something constantly searching for stuff. This started happening when I did the last DIM update.

• NSFW said:

Has anyone noticed that things in the smart content pane just blink and refresh all the time now. Its really distracting. Its as if there is something constantly searching for stuff. This started happening when I did the last DIM update.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/206696/daz-studio-4-10-pro-general-release-updated/p1

• NSFW said:

Has anyone noticed that things in the smart content pane just blink and refresh all the time now. Its really distracting. Its as if there is something constantly searching for stuff. This started happening when I did the last DIM update.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/206696/daz-studio-4-10-pro-general-release-updated/p1

So, I'm one of these people "stuck in their ways" who is still on 4.8. (I'm working on projects that I've been working on for a long time, and don't want to update to 4.9 or 4.10 until I'm done otherwise I need to change a million things to get the skins to look right). So is my DS 4.8 going to get corrupted now? Is it a timebomb ready to go off? I still have the old installers. Should I downgrade my DIM?

• NSFW said:
    So, I'm one of these people "stuck in their ways" who is still on 4.8. (I'm working on projects that I've been working on for a long time, and don't want to update to 4.9 or 4.10 until I'm done otherwise I need to change a million things to get the skins to look right). So is my DS 4.8 going to get corrupted now? Is it a timebomb ready to go off? I still have the old installers. Should I downgrade my DIM?

Why do you want to downgrade DIM? Only you can decide when to update DAZ Studio.

• FrankTheTankFrankTheTank Posts: 1,131
    edited December 2017
    NSFW said:

Why do you want to downgrade DIM? Only you can decide when to update DAZ Studio.

Because my smart content pane is flickering constantly as stated in a couple posts above. I run DS 4.8, but I was forced to upgrade DIM a while ago, and ever since then my content pane is constantly flickering. I don't want to upgrade, I just want it stable again.

The DIM version that is causing me problems is 1.1.0.71.

I have 2 previous installers saved, 1.1.0.64 and 1.1.0.67

I just want my smart content pane to stop spazzing out. If I uninstall the current DIM and reinstall 1.1.0.64 will this fix it? Do i need to take any precautions before downgrading?

Post edited by FrankTheTank on
  • NSFW said:

Because my smart content pane is flickering constantly as stated in a couple posts above. I run DS 4.8, but I was forced to upgrade DIM a while ago, and ever since then my content pane is constantly flickering. I don't want to upgrade, I just want it stable again.

The last DIM update added support for Maya, nothing else has changed. Smart Content uses PostgreSQL, which hasn't changed for awhile now.

• Something else changed then, because my smart content pane is constantly flickering and refreshing. Its like Daz is hijacking my smart pane remotely.

• 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,276
    NSFW said:

Something else changed then, because my smart content pane is constantly flickering and refreshing. Its like Daz is hijacking my smart pane remotely.

I still use 4.8 and I have the latest DIM and I am not seeing any issues - the one thing I don't use is Smart Content, but I can look when I go onto my Render pc later today.

edited December 2017

Okay just checked and when I first go into Smart Content the slider on the right jumps between these two states until it finishes searching. Is that what you are seeing? Since I never use Smart Content I have no idea if this is a new feature or not.

48 test.png
    948 x 441 - 115K
    Post edited by 3Ddreamer on
  • Well, I uninstalled DIM (1.1.0.71) and reinstalled the older version (1.1.0.67) and the constant refresh/flickering problem went away.

• 3Ddreamer said:

Okay just checked and when I first go into Smart Content the slider on the right jumps between these two states until it finishes searching. Is that what you are seeing? Since I never use Smart Content I have no idea if this is a new feature or not.

No, what was happening for me was the smart pane constantly refreshing and all the icons completely disappearing for a second or two and then coming back, over and over again.

Then I am not seeing the same problems you are. That is the only things I am seeing with a 4.8 + latest DIM combo on my system.

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,484
    edited December 2017
    NSFW said:

Lately mine does it all the time on both of my pcs. I have 64Ram and newest fastest pcs with incredible processors/cards, so it is not a pc issue, but lately everything shows as exclamations, flickers (mostly smart content)  then the majority populate as I scroll. Bizarre behaviour. I have a video of it somewhere. Also Norton gave me a warning about Daz for the first time during my last update but I said to trust it, but that was the first time Norton triggered a warning about DAZ related software.The flickering never occurred before that warning. It could be database related or maybe it's reading all items populating, either way it is reading/writing  and storing data after Daz loads up. Haven't bothered looking into it because it doesn't really bother me but I suspect it has to do with DRM scripts but I have know to be wrong . . . so don't trust me on that.

Edit: I have a version or two away from the latest release.

Post edited by ArtAngel on
  •  It keeps telling me that that my email or password is invalid.

• cannot log in

• cannot log in

There were problems the day before yesterday, but those should be resolved. If you still can't log-in make sure that the email and password match those you use to log-in to Daz.

• SamanthieSamanthie Posts: 308

I just purchased the pro bundle Owen 8 deal which is great but the problem is Owen did not install with DIM and instead along with several other characters had to be installed through Daz Connect. Sakura 8, Michael 8 etc are in 'My Daz Studio Library' Under Genesis 8 which is where I want Owen 8 to be. Now I have Owen 8 and the other characters in a Daz Connect library. How do I get DIM to install Owen 8 where the other Genesis 8 characters are? It's just that this adds a library that I don't really go to any help appreciated, thank you.

• Samanthie said:

I just purchased the pro bundle Owen 8 deal which is great but the problem is Owen did not install with DIM and instead along with several other characters had to be installed through Daz Connect. Sakura 8, Michael 8 etc are in 'My Daz Studio Library' Under Genesis 8 which is where I want Owen 8 to be. Now I have Owen 8 and the other characters in a Daz Connect library. How do I get DIM to install Owen 8 where the other Genesis 8 characters are? It's just that this adds a library that I don't really go to any help appreciated, thank you.

It might be a server issue. Look in your Product Library in your store account and see if it's listed as a DIM download. You could do it manually if it is the case.