Keep Calm : There's always another Sale (Daily Sale Talk)

Comments

• The thread zigged when it should have zagged... wink

• lx_2807502lx_2807502 Posts: 2,996

Is it sad that I thought that meme started with Doctor Who and the weeping angels? Who knew the British were so precocious?  I think they like to shop also, though. ;)

Isn't that "don't blink" ?

We could have Don't Panic. In large and friendly letters.

• I like the Keep Calm - it may not fit the meme but it fits the "Oh no, what if I missed something in the sale?" idea (Don't Panic fits too)

• dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

Yeah, I don't see it as a reference to the Keep Calm And thing, I see it as an actual reminder to calm down and remember there's always another sale. :-)

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Well, today my life is complete. I'm finally getting a 3D Elvis Suit! Woohoo!

• Llynara said:

Well, today my life is complete. I'm finally getting a 3D Elvis Suit! Woohoo!

It is just the kind of every day item I've been missing in my renders. :|

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

New thread!

I miss the old one though.

• firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,454
    edited January 2017

I like  @divamakeup's suggestion of ""Keep Calm and Shop On: Daily Sale Talk." Since "Keep Calm" is such a HUGE meme, it seems weird to have the "Keep Calm" with nothing else. (I still can't believe "Keep Calm" has been around since 1939 and didn't start with the weeping angels in 2007. I kinda wish I'd known that sooner, since I think the British were SO incredible during WWII.)

It also works for those times that I'm so stressed stacking and re-stacking in my shopping cart trying to get the best discount before the prices change, LOL! :)

Post edited by firewarden on
  •  ...it seems weird to have the "Keep Calm" with nothing else.

It's not with nothing else; it's with "There's always another Sale". The connection is via punctuation instead of an "and", but it's there.

Maybe we should start another thread with a sub-committee focus group to discuss what to call this thread. 

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

This could be useful later on

I like  @divamakeup's suggestion of ""Keep Calm and Shop On: Daily Sale Talk." Since "Keep Calm" is such a HUGE meme, it seems weird to have the "Keep Calm" with nothing else. (I still can't believe "Keep Calm" has been around since 1939 and didn't start with the weeping angels in 2007. I kinda wish I'd known that sooner, since I think the British were SO incredible during WWII.)

It also works for those times that I'm so stressed stacking and re-stacking in my shopping cart trying to get the best discount before the prices change, LOL! :)

I agree, I like the "Shop On" too.

• firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,454
    Chohole said:

@Chohole, that's awesome, LOL! :)

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,254
    edited January 2017
    Chohole said:

Keep Calm, Shop On, and Catch the Jack Tomlin Blink Sale

I picked up the Rural Chateau bundle at a real Bargain. (And don't forget to pick up the IRay addon for it.)

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
    edited January 2017

LMAO, love it!

Hey, have you all seen all the pieces in this set: http://www.daz3d.com/peaceful-house

It's in Fast Grab right now for $8. Works in 3Delight and Iray. It's modular, looks very versatile, and can be reshaded however you like. I really love Ansiko's sets. Thinking of grabbing this one. Many of these items would work in the Antebellum Mansion.

Post edited by Llynara on
  • RenomistaRenomista Posts: 921

Thanks for creating a new one!

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,684
    edited January 2017

Ugg, I'm not calm. Just loaded my cart with Blink sales items from Jack Tomalin's store and was about to check out and poof sale over at 10:55! I was rushing to get it in by the hour. Who ends a sale 5 minutes before the hour! Another half hour of my time wasted going through his store, looking at all the promos, putting things in cart, then moving things out... Ughhhh...

Post edited by Wonderland on
  • AtiAti Posts: 9,078

Ugg, I'm not calm. Just loaded my cart with Blink sales items from Jack Tomalin's store and was about to check out and poof sale over at 10:55! I was rushing to get it in by the hour. Who ends a sale 5 minutes before the hour! Another half hour of my time wasted going through his store, looking at all the promos, putting things in cart, then moving things out... Ughhhh...

Those two ended surprisingly soon. They were on sale for about an hour and 20 minutes.

edited January 2017
    Ati said:

Those two ended surprisingly soon. They were on sale for about an hour and 20 minutes.

Part of the problem might have been Jack Tomlin's store which had a 50% discount on the store page and then applied an additional 50% discount in the cart. For example the Rural Chateau Bundle was only $7.99 with a new release.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,684
    edited January 2017

Oh well, I don't need any of the items right now, I'll wait till the next sale. When I see great prices I want to buy things whether or not I need it or will use it any time in the imeediate future. There were several great items I wanted to try though.  I spend too much time looking at promos and imagining what I might do with them... There's always another sale as the thread says...

Post edited by Wonderland on

It's not as good as the 50% off stacked with a store discount: BUT the Jack Tomlin products are still showing 50% off when in your cart.

edited January 2017

There's some extra blinking going on RIGHT NOW in the blink sale. Just sayin'. 

Arrgh! Temptations, temptations. I'm trying to save up and a bunch of First Bastion sets I have in my wishlist show up in a 50%/60% Blink sale. What to do, what to do?

edited January 2017

Put a new, low cost PC item in your cart along with some blinkies? Looks like the fixed the extra discount though. That was fast, but not fast enough for some shopping ninjas!

Llynara said:

Put a new, low cost PC item in your cart along with some blinkies? Looks like the fixed the extra discount though. That was fast, but not fast enough for some shopping ninjas!

Missed it

Predatron and AprilYSH have been added and all the old blink sales are back

If anybody is still going to buy one of the "Southern Charm" new releases, then check out the related RDNA items and select Lady Littlefox. It stacks with the Blink sale and you can get such items as the Bast Bundle for $2.24 or Peaches for $1.60

Southern Charm.jpg
    1635 x 633 - 96K
    edited January 2017

Sorry, too busy trying on my Elvis suit! cheeky

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,270

Charlie is right, the blink sale and the "Southern Charm" sale are stacking awesomely! :D

Those are great deals! But I am so tapped out. Hit a few extra good blink sales earlier that were almost that good. The unicorns and steam punk are very tempting. 

• Good deals, but the required new items are all pretty pricey to get those discounts. I just don't need a collection of tankards. :)  

This discussion has been closed.