HeadShop OneClick Submitted to DAZ - Best in Class! (Commercial)

Comments

• bicc39 said:

Although I did not have any of the problems outlined here, my decision to finally purchase this and perhaps

in the future to purchase the 10.2 resulted from my observation for a support that was fantastic.

The creation of the videos, manuals, and most of all your prompt responses to problems that arose, showed

a concern for the customer that is sadly lacking here.

As I mentioned before purchasing, had bought two other products that relied on "divine intervention" on behalf of the

user to achieve a good outcome. In one extreme case was advised by the merchant that he was doing me a favor by

telling me how to install it. He informed me he was being a "good guy". His product was documented so badly and his

initial support was so bad, he had to start a separate blog to correct the problems.

You may take heart that you have created a  product that I for one find extremely useful and rewarding.

Thank you for it and your support.

Thanks Bicc, it means a lot to me. Happy Holidays!

• Looks like today may be the last day HeadShop OneClick enjoys the new item 30% discount (if not today, it must be close). If anyone has been tempted but put the decision on hold, you might want to grab it now.

•  

If you are unable to call or write for tech support at [email protected], than you should get a refund.

Sorry but I'm not going to call half way around the world somewhere so that I can get a product that should have worked when I bought it, to suddenly start working. As for writting to tech support, I may do this when I have enough time to sit and explain exactly what I've already tried to do to get it to work...... but again, why should we have to do this when it should have worked 'out of the box', if you knew it needed a default DAZ install to work you should have warned us.

Kind of funny - I know that when I call for tech support,with ANY tech company usually somebody from Bangalore, India answers. 

So far I did about 10 skype techsupport calls for OneClick, with 90% success rate. On the average it took 15 minutes to figure out the issues and get OneClick to work. (Sadly, none of my customers felt the need to write a note here at Forum to explain how well this works or just to say Thank You:-(

Very good, apart from we don't all have use Skype.

• I am also having the vertices issue as KindredArts did. Has this been solved? The product works on my laptop, but would like to solve this issue with vertices on the main machine. If it was solved could you post the fix?  Thanks!

• I am also having the vertices issue as KindredArts did. Has this been solved? The product works on my laptop, but would like to solve this issue with vertices on the main machine. If it was solved could you post the fix?  Thanks!

Vertices issue comes up if you try to apply the obj to head via morphloader. It is not done that way (OneClick applies the morph to the entire figure based on a script).

So, in short, there is no vertices issue unless you are using manual morph loading.

• Ok , I have followed this thread , I have bought the products you have sold before and honestly I have had NOTHING but problems. I dealt with your tech support which was lacking at the time. That being said , I think time passes and things improve and for those who have been lucky enough to get this to work I have seen some pretty great results. Those results are what make me consider looking past prior difficulties and buying your product. My question is does Daz Studio and it's content have to be installed int he defauly location on drive C ? I , like many others do not have it installed there and while I would love to use this product and see it work and could see it becoming a valuable tool , if I cannot get it to work with my set up it will be useless to me. I am hoping this is a problem that has been solved and if so I will be glad to purchase your product.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,896

I gave this product a shot... had no difficulty installing it, but it utterly failed to recognize faces in my own headshot.

Returning it.

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,992

Ok , I have followed this thread , I have bought the products you have sold before and honestly I have had NOTHING but problems. I dealt with your tech support which was lacking at the time. That being said , I think time passes and things improve and for those who have been lucky enough to get this to work I have seen some pretty great results. Those results are what make me consider looking past prior difficulties and buying your product. My question is does Daz Studio and it's content have to be installed int he defauly location on drive C ? I , like many others do not have it installed there and while I would love to use this product and see it work and could see it becoming a valuable tool , if I cannot get it to work with my set up it will be useless to me. I am hoping this is a problem that has been solved and if so I will be glad to purchase your product.

It should work mostly okay as long as your Render TEMP directory is set to DAZ Default. If it's located elsewhere... no luck. Though you can try and reset it while working with HS, and then set it back to the regular location where you have it. It is a bit of a hassel, though.

• info_b3470fa520info_b3470fa520 Posts: 882
    edited December 2016

I gave this product a shot... had no difficulty installing it, but it utterly failed to recognize faces in my own headshot.

Returning it.

Tech Support? (Think about it - if it recognizes 1000's of images, than maybe it is something that you don't do right?)

Post edited by info_b3470fa520 on
  • Thanks for your support - great Holidays to everyone!

• Leonides02Leonides02 Posts: 1,379

Possibly a dumb question: Is it possible to use just the generated head shape and not the texture? Thanks!

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,813

Possibly a dumb question: Is it possible to use just the generated head shape and not the texture? Thanks!

Yes, just apply another texture as you normally would.

• Leonides02Leonides02 Posts: 1,379

Great. I'm thinking of using the standard textures. I think, in general, they look petter than photographs. 

• Thanks for your support - great Holidays to everyone!

Great. I'm thinking of using the standard textures. I think, in general, they look petter than photographs. 

That would work...

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,601

Kinda defeats the purpose of using a photo to recreate a 3D image of that person when you use another texture with it. IMO.

Hopefully in the future it will be updated for better/more options to integrate the photo textures with an original texture for better blending.

• Great. I'm thinking of using the standard textures. I think, in general, they look petter than photographs. 

Kinda defeats the purpose of using a photo to recreate a 3D image of that person when you use another texture with it. IMO.

Hopefully in the future it will be updated for better/more options to integrate the photo textures with an original texture for better blending.

Not at all...I frequently use photos for the head/face shape, then use higher res textures to complete the face.  Merchant resources in Photoshop are good for matching the style of the face without using the original photo. 

• VIArtsVIArts Posts: 1,496

Am I the only man alive who gets a "Value canot be null" errlr when trying to apply my initial photo?

I'm frolm Inditana and have a nutty schedule. Nolt sure when I can Skype screenshare

• pkappeteinpkappetein Posts: 506
    edited January 2017

Looks like the 10.2  full program is not in the store.

I did go to his website , and the program is $69 and seems like it has a LOT more features in it, and it has the plugin as well.

Anyone else has the program from his site and have experierence with that?   seems like a better deal.  with the same options with the One Click and all the extra's.

Unless I am wrong

idk  if the programs starts on it's own,  or  also  through DAZ..  maybe the creator can let us know

Post edited by pkappetein on
  • Looks like the 10.2  full program is not in the store.

I did go to his website , and the program is $69 and seems like it has a LOT more features in it, and it has the plugin as well.

Anyone else has the program from his site and have experierence with that?   seems like a better deal.  with the same options with the One Click and all the extra's.

Unless I am wrong

idk  if the programs starts on it's own,  or  also  through DAZ..  maybe the creator can let us know

Here's the Creator speaking (not that Creator but the creator with the lower-case c). HeadShop 10.2 WIN is NOT identical to OneClick, as it does not have the auto feature detection. However, it is better suited to working with non-Genesis figures and 3D printing.

The Creator;-)

• VIArtsVIArts Posts: 1,496

Where does the morph save?

• Where does the morph save?

My DAZ 3D Library/Runtime/FaceShop/

• BrumitDBrumitD Posts: 235

My experiences with this program have been disappointing.

I have followed the tutorials, the manual, the guides, and forum advice, and I find the program unstable, time consuming and poor results.

The profile section is the worst, it puts the start and end dots at strange locations on the image and then it crashes.

The texture it applies looks horrible ,around the edges, and if you use the morph alone, it only vaguely resembles the target.

You would be better served dialing in the morphs and using a photo editing application to create or modify  the face texture using the photo references.

The program is not worth the money.

• Finally got around playing with it.

Installed it, but i can't find it under the Edit menu, once I load a Genesis 3 Male model.

tried every menu i could find, but no luck.

Any suggestions?

• I opened up a ticket with support..

For some reason, I cannot get this installed properly.  I worked with the creator of the program, and we can't figure it out.   

I have a clean Daz 3D 64 Bit.  LATEST public version installed,  and when i install this program, the plugin etc is installed, but the item is missing under the Edit menu.   

Even tried  Daz 3d 32 bit just in case, and same issue..

It almost seems like a script is not executed that adds the item to the menu.

Does anyone else ran into this, and able to resolve it?

• ok. fixed the problem..

it had to do with the menus.

you can either try to change the Layout through the menu..  (that changes the menus)

if that doesn't work then  delete the  menus.dsx file  and it will re-create everything.  and then the item is showing in the menu.

the file is in   C:\Users\xxxxxx\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4

• After further digging,  it only happens if you load a saved layout that you created.   since it's loading that one, so new items never gets added.

if you have it on the Daz Defaults, then items will be added automatically.  and need to save a new layout, cause if you load your layout, the setting is gone again.

• grahamangrahaman Posts: 1
    edited August 2017

I have Headshop 10.2

Two issues.

1. Attached is what I get if I open a previously created figure using HeadShop. The 'main' eyes appear to be the original Genesis2 and the fainter eyes underneath appear to be the HeadShop morph.How do I fix this?

2. I loaded both DAZ Studio 4.9 and HeadShop in their default locations. All the program files and saved work I have done are on Drive :C. If I export a newly created HeadShop to DAZ it works OK, but if I open a previously saved HeadShop project  and try to export it, I get "One or more of the files had no effect. See the log for details." Why won't the export work?

In addition to my original post (above) I want to add firstly that I emailed HeadShop help and got a reply to Skype them but I have to figure out how Skype works before I can do that (yeah, I'm a technodweeb). I can't call because I live halfway around the world. Secondly, I have read this thread from start to finish and all my settings are correct as per previous posts. I appear to be getting the vortex count mismatch which I can't understand as I am using Headshop as a plugin. I have included the last few lines of the log below.

2017-08-06 23:41:05.157 WARNING: Object::connect: No such signal QButtonGroup::clicked(int) in dzfacemorphloaderdlg.cpp:190
    2017-08-06 23:41:05.157 WARNING: Object::connect:  (receiver name: 'DzFaceshopMorphLoaderDialog')
    2017-08-06 23:41:24.217 WARNING: cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): peer performed orderly shutdown errno=0
    2017-08-06 23:42:44.085 Exporting File...
    2017-08-06 23:42:44.147 Saving Geometry...
    2017-08-06 23:42:44.352 File exported in: 258.158 ms
    2017-08-06 23:42:44.352 Exported file: C:\Users\Graham\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\temp\FaceShop\fs3d.obj
    2017-08-06 23:43:04.772 WARNING: cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): peer performed orderly shutdown errno=0
    2017-08-06 23:43:57.421 Reading fs.obj
    2017-08-06 23:43:57.538 Vertex count mismatch in Morph Loader
    2017-08-06 23:43:57.538 Morph Loader reported no effect for the following file(s):
    2017-08-06 23:43:57.538 C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/Runtime/FaceShop/fs/fs.obj

Sorry to put a HeadShop 10.2 question in a OneClick thread, but the issues discussed here seem to match the ones I am having.

Thanks for any help anyone may be able to give.

DAZ Headshop preset.jpg
    694 x 540 - 169K
    Post edited by grahaman on
  • ImagoImago Posts: 4,914

I bought the plugin and it doesn't work, no matter what...

Could you please fix it? I can't change my libraries paths due to techical setup...

And I find unfair ask users to change their setups in oder to make a plugin work!

• ImagoImago Posts: 4,914

I keep getting this error:

in System.IO.FileInfo..ctor(String fileName)
       in RH.Core.Render.Obj.ObjLoader.LoadObjFile(String filePath, Boolean needExporter) in D:\Projects\Фриланс\Laslo\LLC\RH.Core\Render\Obj\ObjLoader.cs:riga 26
       in RH.Core.Render.Controllers.PickingController.AddMehes(String path, MeshType type, Boolean fromDragAndDrop, ManType manType, String animationPath, Boolean needExporter) in D:\Projects\Фриланс\Laslo\LLC\RH.Core\Render\Controllers\PickingController.cs:riga 234
       in RH.Core.Render.Controllers.PickingController.AddMehes(String path, MeshType type, Boolean fromDragAndDrop, ManType manType, Boolean needExporter) in D:\Projects\Фриланс\Laslo\LLC\RH.Core\Render\Controllers\PickingController.cs:riga 227
       in RH.Core.Render.ctrlRenderControl.LoadProject(Boolean newProject, RectangleAABB aabb) in D:\Projects\Фриланс\Laslo\LLC\RH.Core\Render\ctrlRenderControl.cs:riga 413
       in RH.Core.frmMain.UpdateProjectControls(Boolean newProject, RectangleAABB aabb) in D:\Projects\Фриланс\Laslo\LLC\RH.Core\frmMain.cs:riga 1696
       in RH.Core.Controls.frmNewProject4PrintAhead.CreateProject() in D:\Projects\Фриланс\Laslo\LLC\RH.Core\Controls\frmNewProject4PrintAhead.cs:riga 284
       in RH.Core.frmMain.frmMain_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in D:\Projects\Фриланс\Laslo\LLC\RH.Core\frmMain.cs:riga 290

I can't make it work, not matter what... I followed every tutorial and workaround, nothing makes it work!
    And I don't know why it keeps asking me about a folder that clearly doesn't belong to my PC!

But when I run it out of DAZ, it seems to somehow work and I can obtain a folder of textures, an OBJ and a MTL files...

Error1.jpg
    243 x 206 - 14K
  • RainbowArtistRainbowArtist Posts: 101
    edited September 2017

I also have have the same issue with the OneClick plugin. I get 'Daz model not found' message, and same crash message.

After looking at the video again I changed my Temp directory to the default and tried OneClick again. This time I did NOT get the 'Daz model not found' message. So I loaded a face pic and clicked on the Apply button. Just got the 'Waiting for Headshop' message but nothing happened for about 10 minutesso I closed it. I tried it again after selecting the face surface on a G2F, and the window came up at last. However the 3D head was extremely distorted. Then I got a Low memory message from Windows so I closed and restarted DS. Tried it again and this time it kinda worked and exported to the G2F. But the face texture didn't align well with the geometry. And even worse with different pics. But I clearly need to find better reference pics. So I did get it to work after all. But the setup was confusing and the docs are for the Headshop 10 version. not the OneClick version. That needs to be corrected.

See attachment.

Headshop-test-1-pic-Capture.PNG
    1342 x 702 - 1M
    Post edited by RainbowArtist on