HeadShop OneClick Submitted to DAZ - Best in Class! (Commercial)

Comments

• outrider42outrider42 Posts: 3,679

Someone asked me if he purchased OneClick, does it mean that he should delete HeadShop 10.2? I pondered the question: the main difference is that OneClick does auto-features fast and efficiently, while HeadShop 10.2 does add 3D printing and libraries of hair, accessories and 3D printable output. But even if someone does not desire to print 3D heads, there are two tools that can come handy in HeadShop 10.2. The one is the line tool.

I came across this photo where the woman has an intricate lip line. Using HeadShop 10.2 and the line tool, I managed to get the lips much better than via OneClick. Obviously many users won't have the patience to go throught the extra steps to get it just right - but others may do.

I believe the reason they were asking about uninstalling the old version is if it causes any installation conflicts. So by this I assume you are saying that an old install of Headshop will not interfere?

• info_b3470fa520info_b3470fa520 Posts: 881
    edited December 2016

Someone asked me if he purchased OneClick, does it mean that he should delete HeadShop 10.2? I pondered the question: the main difference is that OneClick does auto-features fast and efficiently, while HeadShop 10.2 does add 3D printing and libraries of hair, accessories and 3D printable output. But even if someone does not desire to print 3D heads, there are two tools that can come handy in HeadShop 10.2. The one is the line tool.

I came across this photo where the woman has an intricate lip line. Using HeadShop 10.2 and the line tool, I managed to get the lips much better than via OneClick. Obviously many users won't have the patience to go throught the extra steps to get it just right - but others may do.

I believe the reason they were asking about uninstalling the old version is if it causes any installation conflicts. So by this I assume you are saying that an old install of Headshop will not interfere?

Don't assume. Both HeadShop and OneClick locate in a folder that is called HeadShop plugin. If you want to keep HeadShop 10.2 AND OneClick, you need to temporary rename one before installing the other. For example: "10.2HeadsShop plugin". This way you will have two folders in your DAZ 3D folder: 10.2HeadShop plugin AND HeadShop plugin. If you want toswitch between the two, you need to quit DAZ Studio and rename the folders. Whichever is called HeadShop plugin will launch.

PA20.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 213K
    Post edited by info_b3470fa520 on
  • Question for HeadShop users:
    How does HeadShop handle the eyes?

Does it deform the eyes to fit the face, or do the eyeballs retain their original shape?
    (You can make the head part invisible to get a better look.)

• KindredArtsKindredArts Posts: 1,236
    edited December 2016

Has anyone solved the vertex count mismatch thing? I get that there's a whole drama around directories, but even when i try and manually import the obj that headshop kicked out, i still get vertex count mismatch? I've exported at base rez and subD, to no avail. Anyone solved this riddle?

Edit: Cancel that, it looks like headshop is exporting just the head, and there is more trickery under the hood. Are people still getting mistmatch issues with default install directories? Is it alternate content directories that are the issue?

Post edited by KindredArts on
  • BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,991

Has anyone solved the vertex count mismatch thing? I get that there's a whole drama around directories, but even when i try and manually import the obj that headshop kicked out, i still get vertex count mismatch? I've exported at base rez and subD, to no avail. Anyone solved this riddle?

Edit: Cancel that, it looks like headshop is exporting just the head, and there is more trickery under the hood. Are people still getting mistmatch issues with default install directories? Is it alternate content directories that are the issue?

The default directory issue seems to be limited to the TEMP folder setting inside DAZ Studio. If that TEMP folder setting is anywhere else but the default, HS will not find the head it creates, as that is stored in the TEMP folder specified in the Studio parameter settings. Once reset the TEMP to default, HS will work without having to move around content and create empty folders. 

BeeMKay said:

The default directory issue seems to be limited to the TEMP folder setting inside DAZ Studio. If that TEMP folder setting is anywhere else but the default, HS will not find the head it creates, as that is stored in the TEMP folder specified in the Studio parameter settings. Once reset the TEMP to default, HS will work without having to move around content and create empty folders. 

How very strange. I have the default c drive temp folder (C:\Users\Andy\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\temp\FaceShop), and faceshop is actually outputting files to it. I still get the vertex mismatch for some reason though. In-fact, digging around the thread and looking at what faceshop is actually doing, i have all the folders it requires in the correct position, but still no dice.

Shop.jpg
    750 x 327 - 136K
  • donewsdonews Posts: 51

Hello,

I had an error when work is finish and trying to transfer it in daz by closing headshop :

"HeadShop closed before it could create the necessary files .."

What can I do to solve this issue ?

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,351
    edited December 2016
    donews said:

Hello,

I had an error when work is finish and trying to transfer it in daz by closing headshop :

"HeadShop closed before it could create the necessary files .."

What can I do to solve this issue ?

Don't just close Headshop. In the upper left corner of Headshop click on file > export

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • donewsdonews Posts: 51

Thank you. Sorry for that silly question.

BeeMKay said:

How very strange. I have the default c drive temp folder (C:\Users\Andy\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\temp\FaceShop), and faceshop is actually outputting files to it. I still get the vertex mismatch for some reason though. In-fact, digging around the thread and looking at what faceshop is actually doing, i have all the folders it requires in the correct position, but still no dice.

Oh, sorry, that was a misunderstanding, then. I thought you were referring to the earlier error with the missing object, not the vertices one. That, I don't know anything about, sorry.

BeeMKay said:
    BeeMKay said:

Oh, sorry, that was a misunderstanding, then. I thought you were referring to the earlier error with the missing object, not the vertices one. That, I don't know anything about, sorry.

Yeah, its the vert mismatch that's my issue. It looks like headshop exports a head obj, not the full figure, which obviously means importing manually will mistmatch since nearly all of the body is missing. There must be something headshop is doing under the hood to facilitate this, but unfortunately the pipeline just isn't working for me. I'm normally quite good at working around these issues, even reverse engineering them, but this one has me stumped. Everything is installed correctly, all the folders are in the right place, but still Geo mistmatching no matter the res nor source. Hopefully op can drop in at some point and sherlock the problem.

• BeeMKay said:
    BeeMKay said:

Yeah, its the vert mismatch that's my issue. It looks like headshop exports a head obj, not the full figure, which obviously means importing manually will mistmatch since nearly all of the body is missing. There must be something headshop is doing under the hood to facilitate this, but unfortunately the pipeline just isn't working for me. I'm normally quite good at working around these issues, even reverse engineering them, but this one has me stumped. Everything is installed correctly, all the folders are in the right place, but still Geo mistmatching no matter the res nor source. Hopefully op can drop in at some point and sherlock the problem.

Actually HeadShop exports the whole figure. However, it was not built to manually match and morph but as a plugin (you are right when assuming that we do stuff under the hood.). 

My suggestion is to go with the flow and use OneClick as intended - as a plugin. 

BeeMKay said:
    BeeMKay said:

Actually HeadShop exports the whole figure. However, it was not built to manually match and morph but as a plugin (you are right when assuming that we do stuff under the hood.). 

My suggestion is to go with the flow and use OneClick as intended - as a plugin. 

Well that's the problem, it's not working at all at the moment. Everything is installed correctly but i'm still getting vertex mismatch. I'm using the default install location, all of the user files (including temp folder) are in the right place and i'm still getting vert mistmatch. Headshop is even exporting to the correct directory (temp folder) but it's still not loading the morph. Any ideas?

• BeeMKay said:
    BeeMKay said:

Well that's the problem, it's not working at all at the moment. Everything is installed correctly but i'm still getting vertex mismatch. I'm using the default install location, all of the user files (including temp folder) are in the right place and i'm still getting vert mistmatch. Headshop is even exporting to the correct directory (temp folder) but it's still not loading the morph. Any ideas?

Have you tried different figures, like Genesis 3, instead of 2? Please send me an email to [email protected] to set up a skype techsupport ASAP.

• OK I've bought this product and installed it but it just will not show in DAZ 3D UI, I've checked and re-checked, I've uninstalled and re-installed and there is no way I can get 'OneClick' to appear anywhere in DAZ.

I've browsed to my programe folder and everything seems to be there that would suggest 'OneClick' has installed and I've also checked and re-checked that I am installing the correct (64bit) version for my DAZ Studio but still no way will this product show up in any of the menus.

Any ideas please ?

• It should be under the edit tab (Edit > Start Headshop)

• OK I've bought this product and installed it but it just will not show in DAZ 3D UI, I've checked and re-checked, I've uninstalled and re-installed and there is no way I can get 'OneClick' to appear anywhere in DAZ.

I've browsed to my programe folder and everything seems to be there that would suggest 'OneClick' has installed and I've also checked and re-checked that I am installing the correct (64bit) version for my DAZ Studio but still no way will this product show up in any of the menus.

Any ideas please ?

You may also start under Help/About Installed Plugins. If you see it there, it should also show up under the Edit/Start HeadShop

• bicc39bicc39 Posts: 589

Question, slightly annoying problem.

OK I import image, on the left is a perfect head facing directly forward.

The model's head, however ( male and female ) is slightly tilted upward.

The dials enable you to rotate left and right , but as far as I can see not up and down to

directly face the camera.

Have to compensate with Zbrush and morph dials.

Any suggestions.

Thank you

example

example.jpg
    1032 x 767 - 63K
  • spacecat56spacecat56 Posts: 54
    edited December 2016

I checked the installation as suggested earlier and the HeadShop OneClick files are in the places they belong

Still, after I select an image file I get a display with the points shown on the face but an error message "Daz model not found."

This happens whether I use Gen2 or Gen3.

DAZ Studio is installed and in working condition.

What is your problem and can you tell me how to get past it? 

PS I obliterated some details in the attached image.

Headshop_oneClickTotalFail_01p.jpg
    845 x 623 - 76K
    Post edited by spacecat56 on
  • I checked the installation as suggested earlier and the HeadShop OneClick files are in the places they belong

Still, after I select an image file I get a display with the points shown on the face but an error message "Daz model not found."

This happens whether I use Gen2 or Gen3.

DAZ Studio is installed and in working condition.

What is your problem and can you tell me how to get past it? 

PS I obliterated some details in the attached image.

Please see some of the previous comments reagrding this issue. Basically HeadShop looks at files in locations on c: drive

In summary:

1. OneClick works without problems for all users who installed DAZ Studio in the default location, which is c: drive. 

2. OneClick works for those who have their content on other drives as long as their User folder is in the c:drive. Inside the User folder are two important temp files that OneClick uses:

In Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ Library/Runtime/FaceShop/fs are temp files OneClick needs to pick up texture and morph information

In Users/Username/AppData/Roaming/Abalone/HeadShop ditto.

Also: Users/Username/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/temp/FaceShop (see picture)

In conclusion: If you want OneClick to work properly in a non-default Studio installation, the answer is to create a new c; Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ Library/Runtime folder on your c: drive. Place 2 folder inside: Runtime/FaceShop and People/Genesis 2 Male (and Gen 2 Female, Gen 3 Female etc.). This setup will work - I just replicated and tested. Just ammended my note with another thing that needs to be on c: (Users/Username/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/temp/FaceShop)

Any ideas please ?

You may also start under Help/About Installed Plugins. If you see it there, it should also show up under the Edit/Start HeadShop

That isn't going to work either I'm afraid because it's also not showing in Installed Plugins.

• Please see some of the previous comments reagrding this issue. Basically HeadShop looks at files in locations on c: drive

In summary:

1. OneClick works without problems for all users who installed DAZ Studio in the default location, which is c: drive. 

2. OneClick works for those who have their content on other drives as long as their User folder is in the c:drive. Inside the User folder are two important temp files that OneClick uses:

In Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ Library/Runtime/FaceShop/fs are temp files OneClick needs to pick up texture and morph information

In conclusion: If you want OneClick to work properly in a non-default Studio installation, the answer is to create a new c; Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ Library/Runtime folder on your c: drive. Place 2 folder inside: Runtime/FaceShop and People/Genesis 2 Male (and Gen 2 Female, Gen 3 Female etc.). This setup will work - I just replicated and tested. Just ammended my note with another thing that needs to be on c: (Users/Username/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/temp/FaceShop)

I surely DID accept the defaults for the DAZ library / runtime location when I installed, but the paths DO NOT match what you specified.  [I checked a second machine where I know I did a "quick" install of DS and it is the same]: I have C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library and under that .\People with all the Genesis 2 Female etc; and also .\Runtime with Geometries, Textures etc. under it but your installer did not create any FaceShop directory.

Please review what you typed above and say if you may really mean paths like this C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library which is what my installations defaulted to, I am CERTAIN that *I* did not type in any extra "3D" in that path.

• I had my DAZ temp directory reassigned to a different drive [not that there's anything wrong with that!] .  The plugin was writing the model to that diretory [as it should] but the external program did not see it because you have hard coded the path.

Hard-coding reliance on defaults paths that are easily changed is fragile, and it is, in my expert opinion, unprofessional to ship a product in that condition. You need to clean this up or suffere endless [and well-deserved] complaints.

Sorry to be stubborn but.....in your clooney example, the problem of the head's angling upward is present.

In the oriental and child's head it is not.

So...there must be a way to angle the figure head to face directly forward and not upward.

Is it the set up of the figure in DAZ, or am I missing a dial?

Thank you for your patience

• info_b3470fa520info_b3470fa520 Posts: 881
    edited December 2016
    bicc39 said:

Sorry to be stubborn but.....in your clooney example, the problem of the head's angling upward is present.

In the oriental and child's head it is not.

So...there must be a way to angle the figure head to face directly forward and not upward.

Is it the set up of the figure in DAZ, or am I missing a dial?

Thank you for your patience

Current version of OneClick (or HeadShop) only rotates heads horizontally. This is why thenprogram asks for straight on photos and not photos that look down or to the side. The illustrations you are refering to were rendered in DAZ Studio, where heads rotate in all axes.

Post edited by info_b3470fa520 on
  • I think I may have to get a refund for this product I'm afraid, I've tried everything I can think of now and still I can not get it to show up in DAZ menus.... grrrrrrrr!

edited December 2016

In summary:

I surely DID accept the defaults for the DAZ library / runtime location when I installed, but the paths DO NOT match what you specified.  [I checked a second machine where I know I did a "quick" install of DS and it is the same]: I have C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library and under that .\People with all the Genesis 2 Female etc; and also .\Runtime with Geometries, Textures etc. under it but your installer did not create any FaceShop directory.

Please review what you typed above and say if you may really mean paths like this C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library which is what my installations defaulted to, I am CERTAIN that *I* did not type in any extra "3D" in that path.

Check out if you have set a different TEMP Folder in DAZ Studio than he Default TEMP Folder. I've found that this causes the "missing model" error, as DS writes the object into the folder specified in Preferences, while Headshop looks under te default location. Perhaps that is what causes your problem, too?

Post edited by BeeMKay on
  • spacecat56spacecat56 Posts: 54
    edited December 2016
    BeeMKay said:

Check out if you have set a different TEMP Folder in DAZ Studio than he Default TEMP Folder. I've found that this causes the "missing model" error, as DS writes the object into the folder specified in Preferences, while Headshop looks under te default location. Perhaps that is what causes your problem, too?

Yes, thank you, I found that a bit later and reported it just above. 

However, this condition is certainly his problem not my problem.

Is he having trouble figuring out to pass the temp path from the plugin to the exe? There are oh so many ways you could try to do this correctly, e,g.

1. set as a "command line" parameter to the process constructed for the exe
    2. write to the environment of the new process before starting the exe
    3. write to the common environment before creating the process for the exe
    4. write to your own unique new key in the registry
    5. plugin write to a temp file with a hard-coded name in the system temp directory, exe to read file using same hc name
    6. plugin etches path on a stone tablet with a laser and exe reads it back using webcam and OCR
    7. installer to ask the user to tell you about it at install time [weak, because it resists change]
    8. exe to ask the user to locate the model in temp dir instead of just whining about "not found" and failing
    9. exe to have a "settings" menu option and keep track in any of the myriad ways available only to it
    10. plugin calls a dll passing the path, dll retains in shared memory, exe retrieves with another call
    11. ...

There are SO MANY WAYS to do this right.  As a retired sw dev executive with one-time responsibility for software engineering, software QA, and personally release go/no-go decisions on six and seven figure software deliverables, I personally would find it difficult to excuse myself if I released software in the condition this is now.  

That said, the innovation of auto-locating the points seems to me to very useful and an impressive advance.  Even if I discard the texture the process seems to yield an altered face that could pass as a sibling of the source and that can be different from the generic perfect Genesis faces in ways that may be interesting.

Post edited by spacecat56 on
  • There seems to be quite a few people having trouble getting this to install, is there any way you can make it 'Daz Install Manger' compatable ? At least that way it will be correctly directed to where our other stuff is kept.