Animation Club for Carrara , Week #2 - Spooky Hollow. Ready To watch..

15678911»

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,276
    edited November 2016
    Stezza said:

Looks good... but I got left off the credits.... sob sob... crying

OMG!!! I am SO Sorry!!!

I was afraid of somethinng like this... I will fix!

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
    Stezza said:

Looks good... but I got left off the credits.... sob sob... crying

OMG!!! I am SO Sorry!!!

I was afraid of somethingnlike this... I will fix!

Argh... says on the front page that wgdjohn made the broomstick... and that's where I went to check. But I knew that You made the broom!!! Argh!!!

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634
    edited November 2016

Mike,  I just must thank you for adding a few nice touches to the sign/post. Those had been bothering me. I finally started working on them but too late since everyone was rendering away already. Your mods to the post are much like my own. I'd not touched the sign and I like the changes you made. Oddly I was pondering adding a nail or two as vertex mesh(s) as you did. Kewl... I'm on the right track... different train. :)

Congrats to all for the attention to detail, editing, SFX, VFX, final editing and rendering.  I've watched the anim at least 7 times now and finding something new nearly every time.

So what was lacking??  Of course ... the end credits... I've a few suggestions and an offering.

• Would if be feasible to have a tiny graphic of a scene in a big blank space that follows along with the text?
    • How about one at the very end also but larger.?  Either/or both as Dart spoke of earlier about outakes.
    • How does an addition at/near the end creds like "Filmed in Carraravision" or something similar.  I already have a font that could/might be usable as is that I modified for the Carrara Challenge "9 Give us a sign" or could come up with something else in TypeTool by Fontlab.
    • A cool touch, perhaps humerous, would be to add "No animals were harmed in producing this film."
    • We actually had a small cast for this one...  Witch.... played by diomede.  Black Cat #1.... played by "Darty".  Black Cat #2.... played by "Ithy"
    • Left off a whole catagory.... Animal Trainers............ DustRider..... 3DAGE
    • Might want to add the year at the end too... Roman numbers ok for that.

Better go since I seem to be rambling. :)

Post edited by wgdjohn on

Sorry again Stezza... I shouldn't have finished it while I was so tired or I would have caught that.

all fixed now ;)

edited November 2016

I tried running the credits over the final image, and it made things too difficult to read, and seemed to make no point... the final image (I think) ran long enough.

Yes, I had more ideas, but with the timing of everything, it was hard to justify an extra few days when everyone else was done with the duties, so in the end I decided to just finish it and post it.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,099

Wow!  It is so cool to see it all come together.  Great job.

Thanks! Had a great team! ;)

wgdjohn said:

Mike,  I just must thank you for adding a few nice touches to the sign/post. Those had been bothering me. I finally started working on them but too late since everyone was rendering away already. Your mods to the post are much like my own. I'd not touched the sign and I like the changes you made. Oddly I was pondering adding a nail or two as vertex mesh(s) as you did. Kewl... I'm on the right track... different train. :)

Congrats to all for the attention to detail, editing, SFX, VFX, final editing and rendering.  I've watched the anim at least 7 times now and finding something new nearly every time.

So what was lacking??  Of course ... the end credits... I've a few suggestions and an offering.

• Would if be feasible to have a tiny graphic of a scene in a big blank space that follows along with the text?
    • How about one at the very end also but larger.?  Either/or both as Dart spoke of earlier about outakes.
    • How does an addition at/near the end creds like "Filmed in Carraravision" or something similar.  I already have a font that could/might be usable as is that I modified for the Carrara Challenge "9 Give us a sign" or could come up with something else in TypeTool by Fontlab.
    • A cool touch, perhaps humerous, would be to add "No animals were harmed in producing this film."
    • We actually had a small cast for this one...  Witch.... played by diomede.  Black Cat #1.... played by "Darty".  Black Cat #2.... played by "Ithy"
    • Left off a whole catagory.... Animal Trainers............ DustRider..... 3DAGE

Not sure exactly what you mean by some of this.

They seem like great ideas, I think? Some I don't agree with, but that doesn't mean much at this point... I'd still like to try them.

What do you mean by "Tiny Graphic"? And if it's tiny... why? Just curious.

It just seems to sound like clutter in how I'm imagining it - so I think I'm thinking about it wrong.

"Follows along" might be tough in the software I used - I'd have to animate that by hand. But if it's worth it....

I can, of course, use other software to create the credit scroll. HitFilm compositor, Carrara, or Fusion come to mind. Are you thinking maybe the avatars of the community members?

If we were going to do something like that, I'd take a different approach to the credits, like do one name at a time.

I was talking about an Outro, but not Out Takes. We only had our eight panels - I used every bit of everything. Looking back now, I wish I would have held off on some of the dissolving transitions in favor of an abrupt change. But at the time, those abrupt changes didn't look right to me. Now it's the dissolve I don't particularly care for.

• How does an addition at/near the end creds like "Filmed in Carraravision" or something similar.  I already have a font that could/might be 

Well, in some of the education I've been getting lately, advertising for something that doesn't exist isn't a good idea - so I used "Carrara 8.5 Pro" instead of "Carraravision", which might confuse folks who don't already have Carrara - and getting more people into Carrara is always a goal to me.

Perhaps I should have said: All modeling, animation, and rendering done in Carrara 8.5 Pro? Maybe I'll change the description in the YouTube post. I did put a thread in the Art forum and I think I said in that that all modeling and such was done in Carrara... I'll check.

Dustrider? Did he do something with this? Did I miss another participant?

Date? I suppose I should have... maybe next time. 

=======================================================================

In the end, my thoughts were that these projects are supposed to be done rather quickly, and we've already missed our deadline, so I was admittedly in a hurry by the time I got going on it. So I'm trying to wrap my head around these ideas for a possible next time.

Thoughts like this would be nice to have Before the thing is done, so discussion could be had. So much to think about when doing this stuff - that's how I accidentally missed Stezza in the credits. My mind and browser know that he was involved - but the list on the first page (which my shot mind at that time used to double-check) has no mention of him.

I like suggestions and ideas... but I'm just not wrapping my head around the importance of much of this stuff - though I am trying to.

• Sweet!  Just watched the finished version - very nice work all! laugh

MDO2010 said:

Sweet!  Just watched the finished version - very nice work all! laugh

It was cool getting Mike's scenes - looking at them in Carrara, then rendering them out... I'd go back and check on the render... Oh wow... that looks cool!!! :D

Was a really blast!!! Then he made that painting for the final frame... freaked me right out!

All of the various elements gave me a good dose of awe as I loaded them into Carrara! You all are fantastic! 

Thanks for everything, MDO... glad you liked the finished result ;)

• mmoirmmoir Posts: 821

Hey Dart,   I think we did a great job as a team and completed  in very exceptable time frame.   I will wait a couple of days before posting the next weeks animation club challenge. Everyone did a great job on thisyes

Yo, team.  Dart started a thread in the Art Studio with a couple of finished animations.  Worth checking out.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/124401/carrara-animation-club-presents#latest

Thanks, Dart.  yes

mmoir said:

Hey Dart,   I think we did a great job as a team and completed  in very exceptable time frame.   I will wait a couple of days before posting the next weeks animation club challenge. Everyone did a great job on thisyes

Cool! Yeah, I was amazed through the whole thing with the responsiveness of everyone... it all went so smoothly! I totally agree!

diomede said:

Yo, team.  Dart started a thread in the Art Studio with a couple of finished animations.  Worth checking out.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/124401/carrara-animation-club-presents#latest

Thanks, Dart.  yes

My pleasure, diomede! My Pleasure!!!

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,921

Sorry again Stezza... I shouldn't have finished it while I was so tired or I would have caught that.

all fixed now ;)

no probs.... though now it looks awesome devil  yes

• Good job Dartan , really like that music, yep, it seams that this project moved much faster then previous one, I'll be more than happy to make some models for the next one as well smiley

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634
    wgdjohn said:

Not sure exactly what you mean by some of this.

They seem like great ideas, I think? Some I don't agree with, but that doesn't mean much at this point... I'd still like to try them.

What do you mean by "Tiny Graphic"? And if it's tiny... why? Just curious.

Sorry... didn't make myself very clear.  What I mean is like small graphics that scroll along with the credits in any opening(s) that is/are big enough. These could be simply things like an outake, a humorous illustration of the catagories or also a behind the scenes peek... the witch holding an unconscious bat above the caldron(ready to drop it into the brew)... now that I'm more awake it could even be just a wireframe render of different things uses like a cat. bat etc. I thought about this idea as a means to keep the viewers attention... much like Pink Panther movies and many others... it would not need to be animated... just a still render.

Perhaps a better example is how some of your posts use an image along with textwrap around it... this would use more "hspace" around the graphic on one side only.

I probably should have used "small" instead of "tiny"... they'd need to be big enough to be seen but also fit into the alloted space.

It just seems to sound like clutter in how I'm imagining it - so I think I'm thinking about it wrong.
    "Follows along" might be tough in the software I used - I'd have to animate that by hand. But if it's worth it....
    I can, of course, use other software to create the credit scroll. HitFilm compositor, Carrara, or Fusion come to mind. Are you thinking maybe the avatars of the community members?

No not the avatars. 

If we were going to do something like that, I'd take a different approach to the credits, like do one name at a time.

I was talking about an Outro, but not Out Takes. We only had our eight panels - I used every bit of everything. Looking back now, I wish I would have held off on some of the dissolving transitions in favor of an abrupt change. But at the time, those abrupt changes didn't look right to me. Now it's the dissolve I don't particularly care for.

The dissolve transitions looked good.  I prefer to make them *very quick" with a *very short" black screen before dissolving *quickly* into next scene.  A/B roll is what it's all about... abrupt change is out of the question most of the time except for certain effects to be used sparingly in. Abrupt, straight cuts, work well a lot... like when cutting back and forth when 2 people are talking.

• How does an addition at/near the end creds like "Filmed in Carraravision" or something similar.  I already have a font that could/might be 

Well, in some of the education I've been getting lately, advertising for something that doesn't exist isn't a good idea - so I used "Carrara 8.5 Pro" instead of "Carraravision", which might confuse folks who don't already have Carrara - and getting more people into Carrara is always a goal to me.

I understand.  Just googled Carraravision... nothing I saw was related to Carrara 3D program or anything even like it. :(

Perhaps I should have said: All modeling, animation, and rendering done in Carrara 8.5 Pro? Maybe I'll change the description in the YouTube post. I did put a thread in the Art forum and I think I said in that that all modeling and such was done in Carrara... I'll check.

Better not state "All modeling". I know that FifthElement uses other programs to model in and then brings his models into Carrara.

Dustrider? Did he do something with this? Did I miss another participant?

My mistake... meant DesertDude.

Date? I suppose I should have... maybe next time. 

Date only needs to be the year.  I do consider this very important.

=======================================================================

I meant in no way to discredit your credits nor any of the work you or anyone did.  It came together excellent.  I realize the rush needed in order to wrap it up.

Thoughts like this would be nice to have Before the thing is done, so discussion could be had. So much to think about when doing this stuff - that's how I accidentally missed Stezza in the credits. My mind and browser know that he was involved - but the list on the first page (which my shot mind at that time used to double-check) has no mention of him.

My crazy/goofy ideas were meant if you were going to re-work the credits.  I also wanted them to be considered for the next or future credits as well.

enlightened One idea I *did not* mention is that I'd like to put together a special font like "VideoDings" or a different name. This would simply consist of a font char for a filmstrip, camera, broken filmstrip etc. Any of these could be added anywhere in or at the beginning, end or both of a credit category. They could of course be added within the category in lieu of a small graphic.  Let me know if that sounds like a good idea... I'd not want to start working on it until I hear some feedback. I doubt that it would be ready for the next ACC anim... judging by how darn slow I am.  Below is what I would like and ask of folks.

• Need a list of any/all Categories both already used and ones which might be used/added in the future.
    • Ideas, examples, graphics etc would be appreciated but possibly not used... but I will try to include them.

Note:  This font will contain chars either designed or redrawn from examples both by myself.  I think I already have MovieDings, not my own, to work off of for some graphic examples.

edited November 2016

OMG I am SO embarrassed and horrified and angry at myself!

DesrtDude, I am so sorry!!! My goodness!

If I ever do this part of the job again (posts above, along with this mistake (and leaving off Stezza) tell me that I probably shouldn't)  I'll have to try and come up with a better way to track everybody's names in a single, very easy of ME to follow list. I look at the first page of this post and there's a nice one right there. If I'd only have taken more time... argh!!!

I'll fix it again. Does anybody know anyone else whom might be missing from the credits? Argh!!!

Oh, I am so sorry!!!

Good job Dartan , really like that music, yep, it seams that this project moved much faster then previous one, I'll be more than happy to make some models for the next one as well smiley

Thanks FifthElement!

• DesertDudeDesertDude Posts: 1,235

OMG I am SO embarrassed and horrified and angry at myself!

DesrtDude, I am so sorry!!! My goodness!

If I ever do this part of the job again (posts above, along with this mistake (and leaving off Stezza) tell me that I probably shouldn't)  I'll have to try and come up with a better way to track everybody's names in a single, very easy of ME to follow list. I look at the first page of this post and there's a nice one right there. If I'd only have taken more time... argh!!!

I'll fix it again. Does anybody know anyone else whom might be missing from the credits? Argh!!!

Oh, I am so sorry!!!

Dartanbeck, lol, don't stress yourself out or anything, you and everyone did a tremedous amount of work to create the awesome animation and final composite.

My only part was overstepping my bounds and causing delays in the workflow. smiley

But I learned a lot, and have much to digest and learn from participating in just this one project. Back to lurk mode.laugh

You've done an amazing job! I can't believe the oversight!

As this month's all powerful tyrant, I forbid you to merely lurk.  Thou shalt contribute to animations!

Back to lurk mode.laugh

Or does my tyrannical powers only apply to the monthly challenge?  Well, consider not just lurking, OK?  I always learn a lot from you, DDude.

• DesertDudeDesertDude Posts: 1,235
    diomede said:
    Or does my tyrannical powers only apply to the monthly challenge?  Well, consider not just lurking, OK?  I always learn a lot from you, DDude.

Lol, thanks diomede.

I learn a ton from this community, and in many instances it can be overwhelming with sky high learning curves. I haven't dropped out, I just haven't had the time to go back and dissect solutions that have been offered...

I think I quipped, in a kindly manner, in some thread somewhere that I shouldn't read the forums early in the morning because it fires me all up to try and help find solutions and sparks ideas and subsequently distracts me from what I should be doing. I get obsessed about trying to find a solution.  laugh

But ,I'm still here, as detrimental as that may be. smiley

Getting ready for halloween, everybody.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,921

nope... sorry devil

Maybe this witch needs to be a pinup?