Like a Phoenix from the Ashes, Who Wants to Render a Superhero?

Comments

• JoeQuickJoeQuick Posts: 1,697
    edited December 1969

Avengers wip

avengers2.jpg
    800 x 450 - 321K
    avengers.jpg
    800 x 450 - 215K
    2.jpg
    500 x 650 - 173K
    edited December 1969

avengers

Avengers6post800.jpg
    800 x 500 - 326K
  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

Niiiiiiiiiiice. I like!

• rdudarduda Posts: 579
    edited December 1969

Here are two of my most recent super hero renders.

One is my own character that kind of just created its self thanks to Joe and the other one is a tribute to one of my favorite episodes of The Batman Animated Series. This Episode was voiced by Adam West and of course Keven Conroy. Beware The Gray Ghost.

I like the first one best where he has the mask, love it!

• JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
    edited December 1969

Thanks!

I used Joe's Spidey mask with my own fabric texture and I through on it some goggles

• michellecelebriellemichellecelebrielle Posts: 264
    edited December 1969

Loving the new stuff, keep up the great work, guys :)

edited December 1969

Hal did me a favor and rigged the back shell so that it'd be just flexible enough to accommodate posing, but no so bendy it looked weird.

shellshock2.jpg
    500 x 650 - 78K
    shellshock.jpg
    500 x 650 - 74K
    edited December 1969

Joe those are the coolest thing I have ever seen.

I have to ask will those be for personal use or for sale or one of your amazing freebies?

edited July 2012

Joe those are the coolest thing I have ever seen.

I have to ask will those be for personal use or for sale or one of your amazing freebies?

The goal is to make it a freebie, but it's quite a ways from finished. Still needs, bandana, belt, elbow and knee pads. I also might need to redo the textures. Right now, there's a seam that runs around the perimeter of the face and which also encircles where the ears would be. It's due to the displacement maps. I'm not getting it on the borders between torso and limb uv maps, but I get it on the head. I post worked it out for the top down shot. I regenerated the displacement maps today with the over painting setting turned up (that's what causes those blurred edges you may have noticed on texture maps). I haven't given it a test render yet though.

Post edited by JoeQuick on
    edited July 2012

I also started a catsuit for super spy catwoman black widow types. I get the feeling I'll have to do the morphs by hand in order not to deform the dangly bits, so I'll probably only include fitness and cleavage, or maybe I'll finally pick up gnd4 and accommodate those.

kattysuit3.jpg
    800 x 600 - 130K
    kattysuit2.jpg
    800 x 600 - 82K
    kattysuit.jpg
    800 x 600 - 133K
    edited December 1969

Here are two of my most recent super hero renders.

One is my own character that kind of just created its self thanks to Joe and the other one is a tribute to one of my favorite episodes of The Batman Animated Series. This Episode was voiced by Adam West and of course Keven Conroy. Beware The Gray Ghost.

I'm totally going to pop the side straps off of that coat and use them on the side of the catsuit, probably two on each side.

edited December 1969

YAYSIES! Everything is looking great so far. The cat suit is hot. Any chance of there being an open morph for the zipper. I find those always come in handy

edited December 1969

YAYSIES! Everything is looking great so far. The cat suit is hot. Any chance of there being an open morph for the zipper. I find those always come in handy

No chance at all.

edited December 1969

That's no biggie

edited July 2012

I started off going for a look with what I'd call traditional seams, but ended up going a different direction that kinda merges the style of the Rises Catwoman suit with the Arkham City Design. Still needs boots, gloves and a belt.

I took a chance and tried out just using morphing clothes to add morphs. The fitness morph looked fine, but the cleavage morph did look a bit unnatural. However I was using studio, so I was able to turn on smoothing and fix that. In Poser, things wouldn't have gone so well.

StudioRender.jpg
    500 x 650 - 149K
    TOPOPLOGY.jpg
    800 x 600 - 233K
    catsuitnoise2.jpg
    800 x 600 - 138K
    catsuitnoise.jpg
    800 x 600 - 140K
    catsuitstandardseams.jpg
    800 x 600 - 112K
  • KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited July 2012

Black Widow (MCU), with Hawkeye driving. DS4Pro render, postwork in GIMP, bigger version in my deviantART gallery here.

Rduda, loved your Hawkeye render -- what bow is that?

Like Budapest

Pacificator05a-g3-1600.jpg
    1600 x 1400 - 552K
    Post edited by KickAir 8P on
    edited December 1969

Great render KickAir 8P, is the the super suit and the jacket from wicked bolero

Joe the suit is looking great!

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

Great render KickAir 8P, is the the super suit and the jacket from wicked bolero . . .

Yep, that's exactly what those are -- thanks!
    edited December 1969

Some more Catwoman WIP renders. I looked at Hathaway's Le Mis haircut as reference for the new original hair. I'm still working to blend the Darwyn Cooke, Arkham City, Rises and Jim Lee designs. I also started looking at a few Hughes illustrations.

selena.jpg
    500 x 650 - 168K
    dazhairgoggles2.jpg
    500 x 650 - 181K
    dazhairgoggles.jpg
    500 x 650 - 122K
  • hal1hal1 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

wolverine vs sauron.

Sauron is my own morph for genesis and the wings are from my "strigoi" product. Wolverine is mix and match form serveral joe and john3d freebies.

You could see a larger size of this picture here : http://hal001.deviantart.com/art/Sauron-vs-wolverine-316473220

sauron_vs_wolverine_by_hal001-d58f4as.jpg
    1191 x 670 - 94K
    edited December 1969

OMG, that ROCKS so much. Can we get alternative textures for Strigoi wings (and matching bodies), pretty, pretty please, hal1?

edited December 1969

I can't distribute this texture because they are based on the commercials ones but it is rather easy to make them.

open the color texture in any image processing software (I use gimp but it is the same in photoshop or psp), add a layer on top of the existing layer and fill it with greenish color. I use R = 0 G = 84 B = 0. Then change the layer type to overlay and here you have - sauron's skin :)

edited December 1969

Yeah, but can you make one that won't infringe it? ;) Look I got money, take it! :lol: Seriously though, I absolutely loved what you did with Strigoi and its skin, and I would love to see more alternative skins to it. It rocks my world. As a matter of fact, I'm currently using it to test some stuff for extreme Genesis-based shapes.

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Yeah, but can you make one that won't infringe it? ;) Look I got money, take it! :lol: Seriously though, I absolutely loved what you did with Strigoi and its skin, and I would love to see more alternative skins to it. It rocks my world. As a matter of fact, I'm currently using it to test some stuff for extreme Genesis-based shapes.

why not, I gonna see it with my texture artist if she want to make an add-on.

• Spinach ChinSpinach Chin Posts: 89
    edited December 1969

Joe, Great to see the Golden Age stuff... When do you think they'll be ready for sale? Also, did the Bucky jacket get finished? Will that be for sale as well?

edited December 1969

Joe, Great to see the Golden Age stuff... When do you think they'll be ready for sale? Also, did the Bucky jacket get finished? Will that be for sale as well?

I don't know. I'm working on it again between personal projects. I'm not sure where the flyboy jacket falls in the scheme of things. In the past I probably would have made it a five dollar item, but Rendo has put new pricing guidelines in place which have nixed that practice. So I might eventually turn it into it's own outfit.

• crikettcrikett Posts: 77
    edited December 1969

A little recent playing around resulting in a few quick renders:

CykeF.jpg
    800 x 600 - 122K
    ColossusF.jpg
    800 x 600 - 158K
    SpidermanF.jpg
    800 x 600 - 203K
    edited December 1969

Started working on the belt and mask

turtleagain.jpg
    500 x 650 - 122K
    edited December 1969

New character I'm working on:

Photograin_1.jpg
    834 x 600 - 325K
    edited December 1969

Ok, got to get away from the claws and armer, also I got done doing the crazy Cheshire Smile. What do you guys & gals think?

01.jpg
    958 x 600 - 117K
This discussion has been closed.