Like a Phoenix from the Ashes, Who Wants to Render a Superhero?

Comments

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

Playing around with the Supersuit (although the helmet's from Zikeo's Armour Y). From left-to-right that's War Machine, Rescue, and Iron Man. (Yeah, I know those aren't Rescue's colors, but I'll bet if Pepper gets armor in IronMan3 it's gonna be in a distinctly different color scheme from Tony's.)

The second pic (assuming I can get both in, first time trying that) is War Machine, the face is M5-Don from Cris Palomino's Men of Character II (Chris said that one's inspired by Don Cheadle.)

WarMachineTargetAcquired800d.jpg
    667 x 800 - 124K
    Back2Back2Back-800d.jpg
    800 x 450 - 102K
  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

Ohhh! I like Rescue's re-thought colors a lot! Nice reversal of usual "red vs blue" gendered colors. ;)

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Ohhh! I like Rescue's re-thought colors a lot! Nice reversal of usual "red vs blue" gendered colors. ;)

Thanks! Per MCU canon Pepper likes to wear blue, and Tony likes it on her, so it seemed like a good choice when looking for "not red".
    edited December 1969

Hmmm, silver-blue would also look good, as would blue-copper, I think?

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Skiriki said:

Thanks! Per MCU canon Pepper likes to wear blue, and Tony likes it on her, so it seemed like a good choice when looking for "not red".

Hmmm, silver-blue would also look good, as would blue-copper, I think?
    Try it! I liked the blue'n'gold (my old high-school colors) but you might like one of those others better. The displacement map for the segments came from one of the Supersuit add-on packs, but the ray-traced metallic shader is from DZfire's Real Metals.
    edited December 1969

Oh yeah, DZfire's Real Metals are my favorite and I use them a lot! I have to give it a go once I've cleared my work queue.

• JoeQuickJoeQuick Posts: 1,697
    edited December 1969

Playing around with the Supersuit (although the helmet's from Zikeo's Armour Y). From left-to-right that's War Machine, Rescue, and Iron Man. (Yeah, I know those aren't Rescue's colors, but I'll bet if Pepper gets armor in IronMan3 it's gonna be in a distinctly different color scheme from Tony's.)

The second pic (assuming I can get both in, first time trying that) is War Machine, the face is M5-Don from Cris Palomino's Men of Character II (Chris said that one's inspired by Don Cheadle.)

That helmet, partially open and with nothing inside, would make for a pretty convincing Ultron.

• rdudarduda Posts: 579
    edited December 1969

Funny I was just working on the Iron Maiden too:

0002_SM.jpg
    545 x 600 - 184K
    003_SM.jpg
    600 x 592 - 229K
  • BrianP21361BrianP21361 Posts: 784
    edited December 1969

Rduda,

Love it! Is it an original model?

edited June 2012

Rduda,

I made the Arch Reactor, the armor is V4 Bot, and The helmet, sholderpads and hand jets are off the Z Armor.

Post edited by rduda on
    edited December 1969

Here is my gold version before I added the shoulder pads:

03_SM.jpg
    600 x 592 - 122K
    edited December 1969

Rduda said:

I made the Arch Reactor, the armor is V4 Bot, and The helmet, sholderpads and hand jets are off the Z Armor.
    Hey, I made my Arc Reactor too! (By squishing two primitives together . . . :red: ) Seriously though, nice work.
    edited June 2012

I think there's a free arc reactor on turbos quid for folks looking to save themselves some time.

http://www.turbosquid.com/Search/?keyword=Iron+man&page_size=200

Post edited by JoeQuick on
  • crikettcrikett Posts: 77
    edited December 1969

Some playing around tonight and keeping on my favored X-themes...

OXM1F.jpg
    800 x 600 - 176K
    edited December 1969

Avengers Tower, Per request, so what do you think??

001.jpg
    600 x 592 - 76K
    004.jpg
    355 x 600 - 103K
    003.jpg
    230 x 600 - 85K
    edited June 2012

Rduda said:
    Avengers Tower, Per request, so what do you think??

That is perfect, better than I ever expected.

And I can use some of the darker more monotone variants of this to generate ominous sentry/void skies:

http://filterforge.com/filters/9101.html

• Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,686
    edited December 1969

It's not what I wanted: first the transmapped hair was taking too long ant then it took +/- 21:45:54 (nearly all day) to render the allegedly invisible "flavor-saver"... Meh!
    So what was supposed to be a more rugged Nightcrawler is now his bald middle-age. I give you Kurt Wagner, Sr.

And in a couple of days I'll have the time off to try to fix the Opacity algorithm in my project shaders. That and at least two (if not twelve) other features. But such as it is, here goes. Genesis, M4 tee by SickleYield (probably), texture by Soto (it's his Beast or whatever he calls it, blued by me: note chest hair), eyes by Danmoria and ears, um, off ShareCG. Thanks to JoeQuick for the fiber beard & brows!

Kurt_Wagner_Sr.png
    430 x 613 - 321K
    edited June 2012

It's not what I wanted: first the transmapped hair was taking too long ant then it took +/- 21:45:54 (nearly all day) to render the allegedly invisible "flavor-saver"... Meh!
    So what was supposed to be a more rugged Nightcrawler is now his bald middle-age. I give you Kurt Wagner, Sr.

And in a couple of days I'll have the time off to try to fix the Opacity algorithm in my project shaders. That and at least two (if not twelve) other features. But such as it is, here goes. Genesis, M4 tee by SickleYield (probably), texture by Soto (it's his Beast or whatever he calls it, blued by me: note chest hair), eyes by Danmoria and ears, um, off ShareCG. Thanks to JoeQuick for the fiber beard & brows!

If you use sub-d on the beard and brows they'll be a lot less chunky. The beard also has several differant surfaces, so you could turn all but the flavor savor invisible (0% opacity) if you were trying to get a flavor savor.

nightcrawler.jpg
    350 x 350 - 54K
    edited December 1969

I've been working on my own Genesis Ninja Turtle as a way to try to build my texturing skills. The first render shows an early form of the morph and a quick dry run on the approach I'd planned to take with surface texture and noise just to get an idea on how it would look. The second image shows the back shell, the third has the final head shape and the start of the more detailed displacement mapping, and the forth has some more of the displacement details worked in. I'm only going to go with the thick scales on the shoulders and back.

Now I just need to do the knuckle details, the diffuse maps, and try to bring the shell up to the same level of detail. Then it's straps and pads and things. I'll get some experience on textiles and skin that way.

BTW, I'm basing the look of the turtle of the interpretation of these two artists:

http://cghub.com/images/view/159057/
    http://cghub.com/images/view/225716/

turtlewithdragonscales.jpg
    600 x 450 - 75K
    turtlepower.jpg
    800 x 600 - 165K
    shell.jpg
    800 x 600 - 150K
    turtle.jpg
    600 x 450 - 50K
  • Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,686
    edited December 1969

Joequick said:

If you use sub-d on the beard and brows they'll be a lot less chunky. The beard also has several different surfaces, so you could turn all but the flavor savor invisible (0% opacity) if you were trying to get a flavor savor.

No, actually: I was going for the full-on Burnsides look. NO "flavor-saver" and nothing on the end of the chin. But I had wired the opacity wrong, and turning it all the way off made more trouble (without hiding the targeted parts, either) than leaving those parts in. His baldness is due to the same flaw attacking the extensive transmapping of the Wildmane Hair.

This screenshot is what he was SUPPOSED to look like, with the comic-page shaders working correctly throughout.

Kurt_Wagner.png
    447 x 569 - 221K
    edited December 1969

Continuing along. The front shell is the base resolution shell (625 active points) rendered with the displacement map. Most of the surface is smoothed out, but you do still get a hint of it's actual geometry if you look at the right spots.

625wD2.jpg
    600 x 450 - 58K
  • DavageDavage Posts: 84
    edited June 2012

Prof. Von Drugen and Spec. Agent Charlie Kayne

Prof_Finala.jpg
    600 x 776 - 206K
    Post edited by Davage on
  • flashbackflashback Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Ooh, nice one! Is there a larger size viewable anywhere?

• crikettcrikett Posts: 77
    edited December 1969

A little more X related playing around during the last week:

XM173F.jpg
    800 x 700 - 192K
    StormF.jpg
    800 x 800 - 348K
    edited June 2012

Having a small problem with my textures on the Thor Vault, but I made new helmet for him! (Joequick'sT2 outfit)

ThorNew_SM.jpg
    600 x 587 - 111K
    Post edited by rduda on
    edited June 2012

I have the Avengers Tower up atShareCG:
    http://www.ShareCG.com/v/63120/view/11/Poser/The-Avengers-Tower

Let me know how you like! :)

AvengBuild.jpg
    532 x 644 - 106K
    Post edited by rduda on
  • michellecelebriellemichellecelebrielle Posts: 264
    edited June 2012

Great pics, especially loving the Ironman and X-Men ones :)
    Been playing around with the supersuit... so here's my contribution: Thor and Loki (based on the guys from the movie). Used Genesis bracers for Thor

ThLk_secene01_sig-vers.jpg
    781 x 685 - 137K
    Post edited by michellecelebrielle on
    edited December 1969

*yoinks the tower to her to be installed-folder*

Gorgeous pics, everyone.

edited June 2012

Lots of excellent work! crikett, mishwish, if you put your Storm and/or Thor'n'Loki pics up on deviantART please post links here, I wanna fave 'em. mishwish, what facemorph did you use for Loki? I've been trying to do him and I've been having trouble. :red:

June 14th was International Black Alice Day -- I tried another PlatClub Inspirations entry with her. Much happier with this than the last one! (The background is a bit of Dayton Ohio from GoogleMaps.) There's a larger version up in my dA gallery, but:

Black Alice -- Right Out of the Sky

BlackAlice-RightOutOfTheSky800c.jpg
    800 x 800 - 272K
    Post edited by KickAir 8P on
  • michellecelebriellemichellecelebrielle Posts: 264
    edited December 1969

Lots of excellent work! crikett, mishwish, if you put your Storm and/or Thor'n'Loki pics up on deviantART please post links here, I wanna fave 'em. mishwish, what facemorph did you use for Loki? I've been trying to do him and I've been having trouble. :red:

June 14th was International Black Alice Day -- I tried another PlatClub Inspirations entry with her. Much happier with this than the last one! There's a larger version up in my dA gallery, but:

Black Alice -- Right Out of the Sky

Thanks :) I made my own Thor and Loki using Genesis... believe me Loki was THE hardest to do and took me a lot longer than I should admit to >:(
    Will be putting the pic and some more on dA soon.

Great effect with the falling scene :)

This discussion has been closed.