Darwins' Schtuff

Comments

• That's an awesome shot, KM-great posing!

and yup, all Hexagon and Sculptris with a few MR morph resources mixed in.  XD Where there's a will, there's a way.

You'll do fine. Remember the little lady that was in the render with Giovanni? I did her morphs in zBrush.

Nicely done!  I can't wait to play with it, but I'm currently stuck in Runtime Library Icon Making Ninth Circle of Hell atm. ;) I have G3M regular shader system done, 7 more on G3M secondary shader system to do, all of G8M's, then all of the G3/G8F (both shaders) to do.

I'm sure you'll ace that programme in no time. Until then I look forward to follow your adventure and you're making of odd blobs and such :D 

I think we can handle that, DM! Looking forward to seeing your blobs. I've tried playing with Their free software, Sculptris, which is a really watered down version without all of the things that makes zBrush exciting. It ain't easy to create those blobs and turn them into something recognizable. Hmm, maybe I should throw some of my blobs up on my thread so you'll know that your blobs are way better than my blobs. 

Anyway, here's the post worked version of that image I told you I had an idea for that I thought you might like. I'm putting the one straight out of DS on my thread so you can see the difference. I wanted to see how everything looked in an outdoor scene. Unfortunately, my straight render was a little washed out and I wasn't happy with it. I'll have to play with some more settings and see if I can get something a little closer to the post worked version straight out of DS. Or at least closer to how I wanted it to look. Thank goodness for NIK filters! I was able to do with the tone mapping filters what I had wanted to do in DS. This is Gianni 7 and Michael 8.

Looking good !  Great posing!

Thanks, @Ferretmania. The poses are actually from Z Lover's Delight - Poses for the Genesis 3 Male and Female. Gianni 7 in the green is wearing the straight up male pose with only some slight changes to the head positioning. Michael 8 has the corresponding female pose which I transferred from G3F to G8M and then I made a few changes to his hand positions and made it a little more masculine. It actually would have probably been quicker to do the poses myself but I was trying out a new tool for transferring poses between generations to see how it worked. Turns out it works just great. So, actually, that great posing is really thanks to agent unawares genius. But, I'll take the credit, thankfully. ;)

That's an awesome shot, KM-great posing!

and yup, all Hexagon and Sculptris with a few MR morph resources mixed in.  XD Where there's a will, there's a way.

Ah, thanks! As for the posing, I can't take too much credit for that. See above to response to Ferretmania's post. I only made some changes to Michael 8's pose. I like how it worked out though. 

So, if you have already used Sculptris then you should be able to transition to zBrush with no problems! And, here I thought you were a complete newbie with it. I'm positive now that your blobs would be much better than my blobs could ever hope to be! I do have to say that mine got much better when I got a graphic tablet to work with. I figure you probably already have one of those though. I'm looking forward to seeing what you make. And, I'm breathing a sigh of relief that I don't actually have to show my blobs to make you feel better because I'm positive yours will be amazing! :)

Soooo.   Soonish you may be seeing some craptastic stuff from me here;  I was able to finally get my grubby paws on Zbrush4R last night.   Tho’ I had to submit a ticket because the installer keeps failing, I’m very excited and will probably be showing unrecognizable blobs and being all sorts of proud I was able to just do that.

Wth? You've been doing all this without ZBrush?

That's cause he's just rediculously amazing like that!  :)

Aw, thank you. :) 

Wow, if you were doing it all in Hexagon and Sculptrix, I can't wait to see what you do in Zbrush!

Thanks!  Don't worry, I won't be shy- I'll share the good, bad and horrendous soon enough. lol

• Thanks DM; your suggestions a few months back were useful to get the head morph properly transferred.
  • Thanks DM; your suggestions a few months back were useful to get the head morph properly transferred.

I'm so glad that worked for you. :)

I did a fun render and let it do it's thing last night.  This is Giuseppe wearing Jeryon's skin, Willis' hair, ChangelingChick's upcoming beard, and BadKitteh's new Warrior outfit (can't spell it atm for nothin').

• Woa he looks really good *drools* 

• Oh, nice to see you just playing around! Looks really good. :)

• aw, thank you!

• kloolessklooless Posts: 115

Oh my!  I would definitely take him home!  ;-)

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823

home? more likely the closest patch of grass... *fans self* he's hot

• StormlyghtStormlyght Posts: 666
    edited January 2018

I did a fun render and let it do it's thing last night.  This is Giuseppe wearing Jeryon's skin, Willis' hair, ChangelingChick's upcoming beard, and BadKitteh's new Warrior outfit (can't spell it atm for nothin').

Very nice...love the render! BTW sent you a DM.

Trish

Post edited by Stormlyght on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    Carola O said:

home? more likely the closest patch of grass... *fans self* he's hot

Seriously lol!  Just what I was thinking!

• Ladies, yer killin' me. XD

edited January 2018

Hi,

Here is a portrait using some of the @DarwinsMishap upcoming tattoos for ladies. I love the style of posing that @Knittingmommy used--so I tried a modified version. I will be posting more tomorrow. I ran out of time tonight.

Trish

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

That looks so awesome! I really like the DOF for the left hand being more than the right hand, it really adds to the realism. The skin looks amazing too with that lighting. Superb! yes

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Love, love, love your fun render, Darwin. It's VERY fun! 

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648
    Novica said:

That looks so awesome! I really like the DOF for the left hand being more than the right hand, it really adds to the realism. The skin looks amazing too with that lighting. Superb! yes

Points opver to Novica and says "We all see you drooling!" giggles, but I do agree with Novica about the lighting and the DOF!!!

• Hi,

Here's a second render showing the upcoming tattoos for G3 and G8 females from @DarwinsMishap 

• Great images, @Stormlyght!  DM, I love those tattoos! They look fantastic. :)

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

I'd like to thank Darwin's Mishap for the free character! I difficult choice from all the characters but I went with one of the moost recent, Giovanni. Thanks again.

• Hi,

Here's a second render showing the upcoming tattoos for G3 and G8 females from @DarwinsMishap 

Both renders are very nicely done, Stormlyght- thank you so much for testing them for me!

Thank you very much, Novica, Llynara, Saph, and KM!  I appreciate that a great deal. 

You are very welcome, None. I am glad to sponsor such contests, I know it was contests such as those here at Daz and a few other forums that helped me throughout my struggle with Daz/Poser concerning getting props, figures, or even programs along the way.  I hope you enjoy him!

Those tattoos are gorgeous!  Love the belly button heart.  If I meet my goals this year would you mind if I used it in real life?  Its really beautiful.

edited January 2018

Those tattoos are gorgeous!  Love the belly button heart.  

Hi,

I agree that the belly button heart  tattoo is really pretty. It also comes with a pixie neck tattoo. I wasn't going to post this image but I thought you might like to see what that looks like too. 

Trish

• Hi,

Both renders are very nicely done, Stormlyght- thank you so much for testing them for me!

You're welcome! It's always a pleasure to test for you.

Trish

• Those tattoos are gorgeous!  Love the belly button heart.  If I meet my goals this year would you mind if I used it in real life?  Its really beautiful.

You may!  Thank you. :)  And thank you, Trish, for showing that one of the neck tattoo- I keep forgetting to show it off. lol

Those tattoos are gorgeous!  Love the belly button heart.  

Hi,

I agree that the belly button heart  tattoo is really pretty. It also comes with a pixie neck tattoo. I wasn't going to post this image but I thought you might like to see what that looks like too. 

Trish

Stunning! 

My daughter has the most beautiful back tattoo, if you are interested I can probably find a picture.

• Sure, if she doesn't mind you sharing, of course. :) 

edited January 2018

Nah she shows it off every chance she gets lol.  She has added to it, she has two lines of text under it and had added to each should as well. Sorry its not super clear, pretty sure this is a quick phone shot.

megans tattoo.jpg
    640 x 640 - 83K
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on
  • very nice!  Thank her for me, I appreciate the artwork in that tat.

• Stryker's out and about, watch your runtimes. ;) 

very nice!  Thank her for me, I appreciate the artwork in that tat.

I will.  Its really not fuzzy the lines are nice and crisp lol.  One of these days I wll get an updated photo, she has added quite a bit too it. The ballerina she has on her left should is actually taken from a sketch done by me.  But that's after this pictures.

• Stryker's out and about, watch your runtimes. ;) 

Definitely looking forward to rendering him!

Trish

This discussion has been closed.