January 2016 New User 3D Art contest “Composition” (WIP Thread)

Comments

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,780
    Holloko said:

Okay, my novice state will be evident as I was unable to complete some of the advice given for a lack of resources or knowledge as to how to do it... FYI, I do not have Photoshop. Any postwork I do I complete using OnOne Software.

I pulled the shot back so the spiral centered on the eye and Marc Antony does not look decapitated. I also lightened it significantly. I replaced the "plastic" dress with this blue one. I realize the hair is not great and the beads look neon, but I am on a tight budget and cannot purchase another, better headpiece, so it will have to do. I tried to tone down the beads a bit during postwork, but they are still bright. 

As for the tone of the piece: I don't want Cleopatra to be weeping. She was a brutal tyrant, so I am affording her a single tear over the loss of Antony (I did not spend much time trying to figure out how to make the tear shimmer since I don't have Photoshop). I did change her hand position so she is cradling his head more and stroking his temple area with her thumb (thanks to my wife for the time to model this together to find the natural look!). I want it to be a tender moment saying goodbye to her lover, not a grief-stricken moment.

To assure viewers that Antony is dead, I've added blood to the floor and some sublte splatter on his armor. Overall, I am hoping to convey in Cleo a sense of sorrow mixed with acceptance. I tried to bring into focus the things of which she is aware: herself, Antony, and the blood. I have gone back and forth several times about the snake. I kind of want her to be aware of it (so it would be in focus, or coming into focus to indicate she is becoming aware of it), but it looks a little funny if it is in focus while the rest of the background is not.

I really fought the lighting. That is definitely one of my greatest weaknesses (3delight by the way). I tried single lights, no ambient, ambient and different levels, 3-point lights, distant lights, two-point light, etc. I ended up using low ambient light (about 30%) with a two-point spot light. These are also low intensity (about 50%). All of them are blue tones. I found if I used a backlight, it light Antony's face and/or armor too much regardless of where I placed it and how low I set the intensity.

Thanks for the advice so far; sorry for the items I was not able to do for one reason or another.

All right, let me have it!

Nice improvement on the poses, the lights and the colours, Marc Anthony looks pretty dead no and I have the impression you intent on Cleopatras situtation is transported nicely. Don't apologise for things you are here to learn you can ask us and we will try to help. And I guess you should focus on the work you can change in DS instead looking for postwork too early.

As you mentioned you are working in 3dlight here are some possibilities eg for the head piece. You can select that one in the scenes tab and then open the surefaces tab. I don't own the head peace but I would expect there are sub cathegories on the surfaces, there select the ones that are responsible neoneish threadends. I would expect the slider for the ambient there is pulled rather high. If you reduce that the glowing effect should reduce. Similar you can select other objects and alter their surfaces. one question about you backgrounds. I'm a little surpirsed to find Cleos foot still in focus but the surroundings not. Same with the blood on the floor. Did you render in two steps and put the images together in post? There is nothing wrong with that but I would try to use DOF (depth of field) on you camera settings so that everything close is sharp and render in one go.

For postwork, I don't know the program you used but I would advise as well to use the GIMP, it has the full range of Photoshop options and a multitude of tutorials floating around. I use it for all my postwork.

• Knocked this out last night in daz 4.9, trying to adjust the fog, and add more light from below.

Its better not so bright on the bottom.

Tried to tone down the slimes glow last night.

jan2015i.jpg
    1026 x 872 - 810K
  • dHandledHandle Posts: 617
    Teofa said:

Why would one enter a composition contest and then work on everything but composition?  Just a general observation. It's easy to go off focus.

Off topic submission removed.

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191
    edited January 2016

Here's one that I've been working on today, called Seraphic Angel. I also included the hand, which I used as a reference (the hand was my first real experiment with lighting). It is surprising to me just how important lighting is to a scene, how it can make or break it.

Your advice on how I can improve would definitiely be appreciated.

I like this image.  The only thing that I might suggest is moving the camera angle slightly and see how the image looks without his wing cut off.  I think it detracts from the image a little to have that sudden edge to the wing.  This is just a personal preference and you might not agree.  Just thought I would throw it out there as I think it would flow better if the eye were to see the entire wing to tip.  I love the posing and how the angel is interacting with the beast.  On a technical note, I'm not sure which outfit that is, but it looks like it is sinking through his thighs.  You might want to look into adjusting that.  If you need help with that, make sure you post what outfit so that any of us who might have it can give better advice.

Linwelly said:

concerning the water, I have the feeling they are both to solid, more like oil than water, you can look up the index of refraction it should be about 1.33 for liquid water. But I am struggeling with the same thing at the moment now, main problem is that these water splashes should have some air mixed in (little bubbles making it whitish at places). what I am experimenting with at the moment is to ignore physisc and try refraction below 1. If I get something to work I will post the settings that worked here. I preferred the darker setting as well.

Index of refraction rate is set at 1.25 for this shader.  I'll play with the setting and see how I like any changes.  That isn't a setting that I've played with much.  I still have two more water shaders to try out today to see if I like either of those better.

Holloko said:

Okay, my novice state will be evident as I was unable to complete some of the advice given for a lack of resources or knowledge as to how to do it... FYI, I do not have Photoshop. Any postwork I do I complete using OnOne Software.

First, we all had to start somewhere.  You should have seen some of my first efforts! I do usually show those they were so bad.  I can't give any advice for lighting or anything else in 3Delight as I'm still struggling with that.  I do like the composition and I like the camera view.  I think pulling it back really helps to draw the viewer in more and adds to the scene.  Before with Marc Anthony cut off like that, I think the scene was a little more abrupt if that makes sense.  As for Cleo being cold, yep, she was alright.  I think you did a fairly good job on her emotions because she look sad, but distant exactly as I would imagine her at Marc Anthony's death.

As for the snake, have you tried the DOF so the snake's front part of the is in focus while the back part is out of focus with the rest of the background?

Tried to tone down the slimes glow last night.

I had to go back and forth to see the difference between the two.  I do think it looks better with the slime toned down.  This isn't they type of thing I try to render so I'm clueless about how to give advice on most things here.  I do have to say that the whole lighting gives off a kind of otherworldly effect so I guess that is good given the whole fighting a demon or alien thing you have going on.  Overall, I see some definite improvement.  Sorry I can't be more helpful.

dHandle said:
    Teofa said:

Why would one enter a composition contest and then work on everything but composition?  Just a general observation. It's easy to go off focus.

I think I must have missed something.  How far off topic could it be?  All images have some aspect of composition and if it isn't completely on topic, it could be with advice from others.  I'm sorry I missed seeing whatever it was.

So, here is the latest render.  Old lighting that I like better, but I adjusted my front lighting angle slightly to show the water up a little more.  I'm amazed that just lowering the light brought the water out so much more.  I also love how the reflections are showing up better.  So maybe I didn't need more lighting.  I just needed to play with the lights I setup more.  This one has the second shader that I liked better so far.  I'll play with the refraction, but I'm also going to try out the other shaders and see what they look like.

Edit: okay wrong picture: hold on a second  correct picture

Second edit: I have to lower the overall water on the floor as I moved it up to fix a bare spot, but moved it up too high.  That is currently fixed, but not in this render.  I like being able to see his toes better.

In old news, my Winter Cabin from last month finally got bumped off the top render banner in the galleries yesterday.  I actually didn't expect it to be up there as long as it was, so it had a nice long run.  I know some of you guys put likes on there so thank you for that.  I never, ever expected any of my artwork to make it up there as I usually don't do the type of artwork that the majority seem to like.  So, it just goes to show that there are good things happening in this contest.  I would have never been able to make such a fine piece without all of you giving me such great advice here.  I have definitely learned a lot from this contest venue.  And, I think I've even made some friends so that is a nice bonus!

ManWithaSplash10.jpg
    1915 x 1368 - 378K
    Post edited by Knittingmommy on
  • Here is my latest render of "First Snow".  Your suggestions have helped it a lot.  

I need to add footprints leading up to the robot, I can easily do it in Photoshop, but I'm trying to do everything in DAZ Studio to learn it better.  Is there a way to render footprints?

Thanks,

Bob

First Snow.jpg
    2084 x 1288 - 322K
  • Here is my latest render of "First Snow".  Your suggestions have helped it a lot.  

I need to add footprints leading up to the robot, I can easily do it in Photoshop, but I'm trying to do everything in DAZ Studio to learn it better.  Is there a way to render footprints?

Thanks,

Bob

I've never tried it, but my best guess is maybe not easily.  Probably coming up with something that you can put in a geoshell on top of the snow with a displacement map (made in a 2D program) for the footprints?  Might be tricky.  The one nice thing about geoshells is that once you get the look you want, it is easy to move it around to get the placement right.  So if you could get an opacity map (clear transparency with footprints or depressions) of a line of footprints to show up, you can easily move it around to get it to line up behind the robot.  It might just be easier to do that in PS to start with.  I'll have to see about playing with that though.  Someone else who is more experienced than I am might have an easier, faster solution.

• TeofaTeofa Posts: 823

Here is my latest render of "First Snow".  Your suggestions have helped it a lot.  

Thanks,

Bob

I think it would be faster and easier to just postwork the footsteps.  You'll have a lot more control and won't have render time delays in experimenting.  I imagine this could be done in Layer Editor, or with heavy bump/displacement maps on your snow cover.. if you do that would probable be more of a suggestion of many footprints rather than a single trail.

Displacement can do interesting things.

This is coming along nicely. I think perhaps she needs just a bit more light to her face.

dHandle said:
    Teofa said:

I think I must have missed something.  How far off topic could it be?  All images have some aspect of composition and if it isn't completely on topic, it could be with advice from others.  I'm sorry I missed seeing whatever it was.

I don't know either.  Usually people are very supportive around here, especially in a WIP thread.  Like a lot of people, I'm almost completely absorbed with the technical aspects of a render.  I spent most of the day yesterday just getting the iRay lighting, camera and posing done.  (the technical stuff takes me forever!) As I was posting, I noticed there were a lot of composition improvements I could have made.

Anyway, here is the next version.  I wish I could remember how to do motion blur in DAZ.  I did it once upon a time in a horseback riding render...blurred the background...but can't find the motion blur check box under render settings.

May have to see what I can do in post...

Oh...in case you're wondering, angels don't use elevators. (I just made that up...)

Angel_on_Assignment.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 533K
    edited January 2016

The comment was made because we, me included, go off on tangents unrelated to composition and fail, either through politeness or just not saying anything, to make suggestions relevant to composition first.. spending pages on other topics while the composition of an image remains as it was when first posted.  And we have people far more interested in those topics that simply don't ask, or don't want to hear composition input.

I'm done posting images because I would love composition critiques... and largely recieve none.

Certainly not directed to you, or anyone personally.

Post edited by Teofa on

That's ok, Teofa.  I'm mostly a lurker around here because I'm so intimidated by the quality of the work that people who are far newer at this than I am are able to produce.  My renders are very, very plain compared to most.  I prefer the photoreal look, but I'm too cheap to buy quality props, wardrobes, models, shaders etc.  So I try to get by mostly with older, cheaper PC stuff.  (However, I did buy a bunch of iRay shaders yesterday and was trying to figure out how to use them.)

If you have any suggestions about the composition of my latest, fire away.

Ah HA!  I think I figured motion blur out.  IRay renderer doesn't support it.  I found the motion blur check box in the 3Delight render settings

edited January 2016
    dHandle said:

dHandle said:
    Teofa said:

I don't know either.  Usually people are very supportive around here, especially in a WIP thread.  Like a lot of people, I'm almost completely absorbed with the technical aspects of a render.  I spent most of the day yesterday just getting the iRay lighting, camera and posing done.  (the technical stuff takes me forever!) As I was posting, I noticed there were a lot of composition improvements I could have made.

Anyway, here is the next version.  I wish I could remember how to do motion blur in DAZ.  I did it once upon a time in a horseback riding render...blurred the background...but can't find the motion blur check box under render settings.

Oh...in case you're wondering, angels don't use elevators. (I just made that up...)

Its a big hall way and a little angel.  You could drop your veiw down and not use most of the ceiling in the image.. it would be implied then.  Focus closer on your action and move that focus to one of the thirds sweet spots.  Make the angel the star.  Perhaps even leaping up to the painting.  Right now the size of the set is dwarfing him.  In my opinion.

And don't be intimidated by latest and greatest.  Very few years ago people made great art with those "old" items.  They aren't that old :).

Post edited by Teofa on
  • I don't particularly comment on composition of most images for the simple fact that I have no idea what I'm talking about if I were to try.  I'm better at some technical stuff, some things better than others.  Art is such a personal thing and I still have no clue why I like the composition of some images and not of others.  I'm afraid to say that I'm the type of person who will go with gut instinct and not be able to to give valid arguments for why something should be one way or another.  I just don't feel comfortable critiquing a person's concept of compostion which is why I usually don't discuss it.  I leave that for those who are more comfortable with the concept.  If I comment on an image, it will usually be limited to if I like the image and, if I know, why I like the image.  I'll mention anything in the image that I think might be helpful with technicalities like posing or some other aspect I feel comfortable about discussing.  I can't say why others might not discuss compostion.  These are just my reasons.  If for some reason, I tell someone I like or don't like their composition, I usually can't tell them why, although, occassionally I can guess, but I'm not always sure why I like or dislike an image.  Sometimes, it is something as vague as "something just seems off", but I haven't a clue how to describe why I think the image is off or what it is that I think is missing from the image.  However, for me, my not commenting on composition is never because I don't care or don't want to help another artist.  I just don't know the answer.  I'm sure it might be the same for others as well.  There also hasn't been as much activity from long time users this month, either, which I think has been missed since they usually have great tips and suggestions.

• dHandle said:

dHandle said:
    Teofa said:

Interesting image.  I kind of like the wings, but can't figure out how you did that.  I can see where you are good at the technical stuff.  Your lighting and textures are very good.  I agree with Teofa that the hallway seems to dwarf the angle.  I would suggest playing with camera angles and seeing if letting the angel fill the camera view more helps.

• SiotradSiotrad Posts: 110

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback and comment :) ...

Her is my last but not final i made ... i change a little the place of the ship and move some other things.

Is the composotion seem fine for you and about the lightning ... i want that kind of night in a day ... but is enought clear  ??

Thank you.

Feedback-contest-nogolden.jpg
    800 x 450 - 179K
    Feedback-contest-Golden.jpg
    800 x 450 - 182K
  • I like the new changes.  I think the slightly darker lighting gives it a more dramatic effect, but the new lighting actually brings in some ambient lighting that I think really helps bring out some aspects of the image in the foreground especially the fire and the texture of the ground under your characters.  The thing with the buildings behind your characters, I honestly can't tell you which I like better.  Having the one building closer up so that it fills the camera more changes how I see the image as a whole and I can't really tell you if that is good or bad.  I like both versions, but your new version has a nice effect.  I think the bigger impact is with your lighting and although it seems like a subtle change, I think it was a really smart move.  I really like the new shadows and lights it adds to the foreground.

edited January 2016

Here is my latest render of "First Snow".  Your suggestions have helped it a lot.  

Thanks,

Bob

First experiment. Used the same snow tracks jpg for diffuse, bump, displacement and opaque maps. Moderate bump and diffuse.  I should have had a cooler palette and cut the gloss on the snow some.  I think it is do-able with render, but Postwork would be faster.  Put it on a plane over my set walkway.  Just an example. I'd make the borders more round with the opacity mask, using black around the edges if I wanted to work on this further.  This is kind of "slushy sidewalk".  I'll put the jpg and any more work on this in my art studio thread, I want to limit my hijacking here.

slushy snow tracks.jpg
    876 x 700 - 351K
    Post edited by Teofa on
    edited January 2016
    Siotrad said:

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback and comment :) ...

Her is my last but not final i made ... i change a little the place of the ship and move some other things.

Is the composotion seem fine for you and about the lightning ... i want that kind of night in a day ... but is enought clear  ??

Thank you.

I like the basic composition.  The background ship doesnt need to hit the intersection exactly, it's background, not focal.  If you want to keep the dark mood, perhaps add some specular only lights to pull up more specular reflections from your main character.. perhaps including some reddish reflect from the fires.  Personally I would use a couple low intensity spots to highlight areas of the main figure.  Definately looks better on full view, the thumb hides too much.  Ground texturing is really nice.

Pose wise I would experiment with some torso twist and side to side torso variations to add a bit of urgency to his movements, same with his head.  He seems pretty calm.. but maybe he's just that good.

Post edited by Teofa on
  • HollokoHolloko Posts: 75
    Teofa said:

I thought I did improve composition. Do you think the composition was better in the first version? I would welcome other suggestions for improvement in this area. Thanks.

Teofa said:
    Holloko said:

I pulled the shot back so the spiral centered on the eye and Marc Antony does not look decapitated. I also lightened it significantly. I replaced the "plastic" dress with this blue one. I realize the hair is not great and the beads look neon, but I am on a tight budget and cannot purchase another, better headpiece, so it will have to do. I tried to tone down the beads a bit during postwork, but they are still bright. 

As for the tone of the piece: I don't want Cleopatra to be weeping. She was a brutal tyrant, so I am affording her a single tear over the loss of Antony (I did not spend much time trying to figure out how to make the tear shimmer since I don't have Photoshop). I did change her hand position so she is cradling his head more and stroking his temple area with her thumb (thanks to my wife for the time to model this together to find the natural look!). I want it to be a tender moment saying goodbye to her lover, not a grief-stricken moment.

To assure viewers that Antony is dead, I've added blood to the floor and some sublte splatter on his armor. Overall, I am hoping to convey in Cleo a sense of sorrow mixed with acceptance. I tried to bring into focus the things of which she is aware: herself, Antony, and the blood. I have gone back and forth several times about the snake. I kind of want her to be aware of it (so it would be in focus, or coming into focus to indicate she is becoming aware of it), but it looks a little funny if it is in focus while the rest of the background is not.

I really fought the lighting. That is definitely one of my greatest weaknesses (3delight by the way). I tried single lights, no ambient, ambient and different levels, 3-point lights, distant lights, two-point light, etc. I ended up using low ambient light (about 30%) with a two-point spot light. These are also low intensity (about 50%). All of them are blue tones. I found if I used a backlight, it light Antony's face and/or armor too much regardless of where I placed it and how low I set the intensity.

Thanks for the advice so far; sorry for the items I was not able to do for one reason or another.

I like the composition, and I like how your new palette has a feel of "antiquity", for lack of a better word.  The pose is so much more natural. Nicely done.  If you want to play with postwork in future, Gimp is free, and does quite a bit, but no amount of bells, whistles and whiz bang will make up for missing the basic fundamentals, which you appear to be grasping well.  In my opinion.  Fibonacci is not often done well or understood.

You can fiddle with the f-stop setting on your camera depth of field to extend it a little farther back, so the snake has a bit more focus, if you wanted.

If you have not already, look into Uberenvironmental Lighting. Another option for 3Delight.

Thanks for the feedback. I think I might have installed gimp once upon a time. Might be time to actually try to learn to use it. I have used uberenvironment some, but Overall I like age of armours advanced lights better. I am trying to figure out how to use them well. 

Thanks again for the feedback.

Holloko said:
    Teofa said:

I thought I did improve composition. Do you think the composition was better in the first version? I would welcome other suggestions for improvement in this area. Thanks.

That was not addressed to you.  I did comment rather positively on your latest :)

edited January 2016

I like the new changes.  I think the slightly darker lighting gives it a more dramatic effect, but the new lighting actually brings in some ambient lighting that I think really helps bring out some aspects of the image in the foreground especially the fire and the texture of the ground under your characters.  The thing with the buildings behind your characters, I honestly can't tell you which I like better.  Having the one building closer up so that it fills the camera more changes how I see the image as a whole and I can't really tell you if that is good or bad.  I like both versions, but your new version has a nice effect.  I think the bigger impact is with your lighting and although it seems like a subtle change, I think it was a really smart move.  I really like the new shadows and lights it adds to the foreground.

Teofa said:

I like the basic composition.  The background ship doesnt need to hit the intersection exactly, it's background, not focal.  If you want to keep the dark mood, perhaps add some specular only lights to pull up more specular reflections from your main character.. perhaps including some reddish reflect from the fires.  Personally I would use a couple low intensity spots to highlight areas of the main figure.  Definately looks better on full view, the thumb hides too much.  Ground texturing is really nice.

Pose wise I would experiment with some torso twist and side to side torso variations to add a bit of urgency to his movements, same with his head.  He seems pretty calm.. but maybe he's just that good.

Thank you :)

I have to put some effects for the destruction of the cyborg and i will probably see for better pose ..

For the lightning ... i tried a camera raw filter and would like to know if it's better ...

Feedback-contest-nogolden-raw1.jpg
    800 x 450 - 212K
    Feedback-contest-nogolden-raw2.jpg
    800 x 450 - 225K
    Post edited by Siotrad on
    edited January 2016

I like the reflections on your main char here, it pulls him into more focus, and like the subtle fire reflection on him and the foreground.

I think the background color on this is better as well. The light bouncing off the clouds gives an impression of widespread fire and conflict.  Mainly, I think you accomplished bringing more focus to your character without compromising the dark mood you wanted.

The lighting is complementing the composition.

Post edited by Teofa on
  • LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,780
    Siotrad said:

I like the new changes.  I think the slightly darker lighting gives it a more dramatic effect, but the new lighting actually brings in some ambient lighting that I think really helps bring out some aspects of the image in the foreground especially the fire and the texture of the ground under your characters.  The thing with the buildings behind your characters, I honestly can't tell you which I like better.  Having the one building closer up so that it fills the camera more changes how I see the image as a whole and I can't really tell you if that is good or bad.  I like both versions, but your new version has a nice effect.  I think the bigger impact is with your lighting and although it seems like a subtle change, I think it was a really smart move.  I really like the new shadows and lights it adds to the foreground.

Teofa said:

Thank you :)

I have to put some effects for the destruction of the cyborg and i will probably see for better pose ..

For the lightning ... i tried a camera raw filter and would like to know if it's better ...

The mood is working fine and the work on reflections on the armor is a nice aspect, however that doesn't help that the contrasts between the dark"hero" and the dark silouette of the building is to low. You find the guy only in the large version (try to convert to grayscale for a self test, do you still find your hero?) You could try to move that fire on the far left a bit more behind your hero, will make an immediate better contrast. Just as an additional thought: you could try to get your action lines more consistend: if you move is left arm to cut of the head of the standing cyborg (that one shouln't be shooting in the air..) and give a tad more shine to the katana of the kneeling cyborg.

• RafmerRafmer Posts: 564

Finally found some time to try a few things! I have tried different lightning approaches; a crisper, brighter one, another one with a colder light and another with more diffuse lightning and some dark areas. I also made some minor changes to the horse and changed the model to M7.

lake5.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 878K
    lake4.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 577K
    lake3.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 543K

Thanks a lot for your comm

I don't have a "hero" ;) ... but i can try to add an other fire just behind him.

For the Cyborg, i think that the saber glow hide it but the cyborg is cut in 2 parts ;) ... and if he's shooting the air it because his upper is falling :).

I will made some changes later in the day ... thanks again.

Teofa said:
    Holloko said:
    Teofa said:

That was not addressed to you.  I did comment rather positively on your latest :)

Thanks for the clarification. I was confused with the two comments. I'm still trying to figure out how to read the thread accurately, apparently! Thanks again for the great feedback. It has been very helpful.

Linwelly said:
    Holloko said:

Nice improvement on the poses, the lights and the colours, Marc Anthony looks pretty dead no and I have the impression you intent on Cleopatras situtation is transported nicely. Don't apologise for things you are here to learn you can ask us and we will try to help. And I guess you should focus on the work you can change in DS instead looking for postwork too early.

As you mentioned you are working in 3dlight here are some possibilities eg for the head piece. You can select that one in the scenes tab and then open the surefaces tab. I don't own the head peace but I would expect there are sub cathegories on the surfaces, there select the ones that are responsible neoneish threadends. I would expect the slider for the ambient there is pulled rather high. If you reduce that the glowing effect should reduce. Similar you can select other objects and alter their surfaces. one question about you backgrounds. I'm a little surpirsed to find Cleos foot still in focus but the surroundings not. Same with the blood on the floor. Did you render in two steps and put the images together in post? There is nothing wrong with that but I would try to use DOF (depth of field) on you camera settings so that everything close is sharp and render in one go.

For postwork, I don't know the program you used but I would advise as well to use the GIMP, it has the full range of Photoshop options and a multitude of tutorials floating around. I use it for all my postwork.

Thanks for the great feedback. I'll see what I can do with the surfaces, that was helpful. I did render in layers. I wanted it to have a bit of a surreal look to it. For example the blood is in focus because Cleo is so aware of it. I'm not committed to that look and I will try rendering it all together with doc to see which I like better. Thanks again for the great tips.

• Rafmer said:

Finally found some time to try a few things! I have tried different lightning approaches; a crisper, brighter one, another one with a colder light and another with more diffuse lightning and some dark areas. I also made some minor changes to the horse and changed the model to M7.

Greetings, "lake3" sets a nice mood with the diffuse light.  Colors are rich!  Nice composition!  smiley

• giovannipaologiovannipaolo Posts: 249
    edited January 2016

Golden Ratio

Thought I would give the "Golden Mean" a go, will be interested in your comments and feedback.  This is a 3Delight render as Iray is very problematic, probably because I don't know what I'm doing.  Hope you all are having a great day! wink

Golden Mean.jpg
    1200 x 1941 - 2M
    Post edited by giovannipaolo on