• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
    • Categories
    • Recent Discussions
Daz 3D Forums > 3rd Party Software > Blender Discussion

Diffeomorphic not transferring Body Morphs to geograft

forsakenlibraryforsakenlibrary Posts: 3
September 28 in Blender Discussion

Apologies if this is a repeat thread, but I haven't been able to find a solution to this anywhere.

On using Diffeomorphic (version 5.2.0.3018) to import a DAZ (version 4.23) Genesis 9 character to Blender (version 5.2), I have been unable to get the nipple geografts to follow the other breast morphs I have included in the export. The nipple-specific morph works just fine, but the graft stays in place while trying to reposition the breasts themselves (that is, the "Nipple Length" morph on the geograft functions just fine, but "Breasts Cleavage" has no effect on the geograft mesh).

I have tried Transfer Shapekeys, but that has no effect both before and after morphs are imported. And I have been importing morphs to both the base body and geograft meshes (even tried without importing morphs to the geograft). And I am certain I have the correct selection order in Blender (I've tried both ways). I have also tried a Surface Deform modifier in Blender, but that doesn't survive after merging the meshes.

Is there something I'm missing? Why would transferring shape keys not work? Is there some little setting I'm overlooking?  Love to hear from anyone with ideas on the matter, thanks!
 

Comments

  • PadonePadone Posts: 4,351
    September 29 edited September 29

    Diffeomorphic 5.3.0.3046, Blender 5.2.2.

    I tried the Strix nipples with a couple G9 breast morphs and they work fine here. I just selected some daz favorites and exported/imported. Test scene included so you can check it. Or provide exact steps if it's needed to trigger the issue.

    steps:

    1. easy import the test scene with "daz favorites" + "transfer to geografts" + "merge geografts"
    2. try the included morphs

     

    g9sxt.jpg
    723 x 532 - 142K
    duf
    duf
    g9stx.duf
    101K
    Post edited by Padone on September 29
  • forsakenlibraryforsakenlibrary Posts: 3
    September 30

    Thanks for your quick response, Padone!

    Your test file worked mostly fine, but it (like the other files I'm trying to work with) does not merge the geografts on import, though I could swear it did when I was working through this last week. The main body geo imports as hidden (easy enough to unhide), and I have to manually merge the two geografts, even though I have "merge geografts" selected on import. This isn't a problem - merging them manually still works.

    I think I've really got two main hurdles with this workflow:

    1) Not all favorites transfer to Blender. In the first two screenshots attached, you can see that one favorite doesn't transfer. I have tried renaming the .DUF file and exporting a fresh .DBZ file each time (deleting the old .DBZ file beforehand), but this one favorite still does not want to export, even though others from the same addon export and function with no issue.
    2) While the geografts' favorite morphs do transfer and function perfectly well, the geografts do not always respond to the body morphs (as shown in screenshot 03 and 04 attached), but do respond as expected to the geografts' favorited morphs. I have transferred morphs from body to graft before merging.

    As far as the exact steps I am using:

    1) In DAZ, I select the root of the figure I am exporting ("Genesis 9" for unnamed characters)
    2) In the File menu, I select "Export to Blender"
    3) I Turn on the "Export HD" and "HD Convention" radio boxes on the little popup, and it exports.
    4) In Blender, I open the DAZ setup menu and select "Easy Import DAZ"
    5) In the import window, I select the .DUF file that corresponds to the .DBZ that was created on export. Screeshot 05 attached includes the options I have turned on/off.
    6) Once imported, I unhide the body mesh (it has started importing the body mesh as hidden, as I mentioned above. I must have turned something on/off to cause that, because it is a relatively new behavior).
    7) Even though I have "merge geografts" selected on import, the geografts do not merge, and import as separate meshes (possibly because I have more than one geograft?)
    8) I test out the favorited morphs. The geograft-specific morphs all work fine, every time I try, but not all body morphs transfer (BC Breast Top Curve1 to be exact, though other BC_* morphs do transfer)
    9) I transfer shape keys from body to the nipple graft (sometimes it works, sometimes not)

    This is about as far as I've gotten. Something is always a little bit broken every time I retry.

    And is this a good time to mention that "merge rigs" never seems to work when importing clothing to this character? Though reparenting and doing it manually in Blender works fine.

    Either way, thanks for your attention on this.

    Screenshot 01.png
    603 x 600 - 172K
    Screenshot 02.png
    421 x 990 - 90K
    Screenshot 03.png
    2487 x 1124 - 868K
    Screenshot 04.png
    2469 x 1120 - 922K
    Screenshot 05.png
    340 x 1673 - 140K
  • PadonePadone Posts: 4,351
    October 1 edited October 1

    For HD exports with geografts you have to enter the geometry editor, before exporting. If you use separate geografts it isn't probably necessary to export as HD though. Also be sure all your meshes are visible and selectable in daz studio before exporting.

    https://github.com/Diffeomorphic/import_daz/wiki/Export_High-resolution_Export_To_Blender

    As for favorites not always working this is expected. If some morphs are particularly complicated, as morphs driving morphs driving morphs up to a 3rd or 4rd level, possibly also with aliases, then favorites may have difficulties tracing down all the connected morphs. If this is the case, for such complicated morphs, we can load the morph as dbz, this is also much better for blender because doesn't have to setup a complicated net of drivers.

    https://github.com/Diffeomorphic/import_daz/wiki/Setup_Morphs_Import_DBZ_Morphs

    As for transfer shapekeys not working, exactly what parameters are you using? Do you see the morphs to transfer in the dialog? Please provide detailed steps.

    Post edited by Padone on October 1
  • forsakenlibraryforsakenlibrary Posts: 3
    October 2

    Padone, thanks very much for your continued support on this.

    As far as the favorites not always working, I've tested out the export on new characters that I've never exported before (which I should have done before coming here). Everything worked perfectly, as expected, each other time. Came into Blender, no problems. Shapekeys all transferred, no problems. Favorites all came over (the exact same ones as the Favorites I was having an issue with above), no problems. Geografts all merged on import, no problems.

    This leads me to believe that the issues I'm facing with the original file can all be traced back to user error - the "problematic" file is the one I've been using to test out a DAZ-to-Blender pipeline, so somewhere during the trial-and-error testing I've left a radio button checked (or unchecked) or some other small setting that is giving me the issues mentioned above.  And at this point, I think it would be a waste of both of our times to try to chase down which of the hundreds of possibilities is the culprit for the above issues, when the ultimate reason is (as usual) "user error".

  • forsakenlibraryforsakenlibrary Posts: 3
    October 2

    But naturally, twenty minutes later as I am finalizing the hair of the new character that came in perfectly as described above, the "Make Hair" tool (which still worked perfectly even on the problematic character that prompted this post) is now shrinking the character mesh. The only major difference between the two that I can see if that this new character utilizes the "Proportion Height" morph to make her slightly taller than the original character initially mentioned in this thread.

    Here are the steps I took to make hair:
    1) Select the body mesh, then the hair and make sure the "Hair" and "Human" values match Screenshot 1 attached.
    2) Click "Make Hair" and use the settings in Screenshot 2.

    That's what has worked for my previous character, but this new character begins looking like Screenshot 3 before Make Hair and winds up looking like Screenshot 4 after Make Hair. I brought my original character (that has hair working perfectly) to line up against this new character, and it looks like the new character shrinks down to the exact same height after "Make Hair" is executed. What sticks out in my mind is that the original character has a "Proportion Height" value of 0.0, while this new character has a "Proportion Height" value of 20.8. Similarly, shorter characters are sized up.

    If my gut is right, and it's the "Proportion Height" morph that is causing the issue, is there a way in Diffeomorphic to handle making hair for characters of different heights? Or should I make sure all characters are the same height on export and only resize them (without breaking the rig somehow?) in Blender after the hair has been converted?

    Screenshot 01.png
    476 x 297 - 24K
    Screenshot 02.png
    1510 x 658 - 87K
    Screenshot 03.png
    2198 x 1725 - 1M
    Screenshot 04.png
    2298 x 1673 - 1M
Sign In or Register to comment.
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.