Looking for an screen Projector
Halcon Bluesky
Posts: 739
Hello, I need this kind of item in my project, situation is, the need for the projector to display characters and pictures in it?
I have tried one but that one does not show up in the main screen.
Any ideas?

Comments
https://www.daz3d.com/moonlit-moonshine-s-drive-in
I have this, which could be scaled to suit. Add your own images to replace the textures?
Do you mean a screen that something is projected onto? If so, I just bought a set that included one, https://www.daz3d.com/hand-shadow-poses-for-victoria-9.
If I interpreted your request wrong, I am sorry to have wasted your time.
Mary
memcneil70 Thanks for coming to my thread.
I havve been trying to look for a TV screen or projector to display custom Text or images inserted separately so I can use for a render.
I don't know if there is one here at Daz store, this situation is driving me crazy, because I can't get it right.
garrett_3d Thanks for coming here.
I saw this, my question is.
Can I resize the screen and place any image into the screen?
I was looking for a TV Screen for a regular area, I have been looking into the props or environments, whithout a result.
If this can works, I will buy it asap
Please let me know, I need to create something that convey the idea of watching something on the screen.
If a TV screen will suffice, I think all of Fugazi's can have custom images applied. I'm actually redoing some renders at the moment thanks to Steam "thinking" there's a Copyright issue with the images I displayed on the TV screen.
The TV is from this set https://www.daz3d.com/fg-gamer-room
I add my texture file to the map location for base colour, glossy colour and emission colour, that way they don't look washed out.
The attached is one I did earlier this evening.
garrett_3d I wish I could buy this, I have put the bundle in the wishlist, then I will buy it if there is an special price.
Now how about the ciinema screen and the texture?
Do you think this can fit the render if I resize it to a hall room?
Try this one, it's on sale at the moment and has a wall mount TV, so no stand to worry about https://www.daz3d.com/fg-desert-apartment-living
You shouldn't have any issue resizing the TV to suit, it should just mean upping the x and y scales. Then add your image and adjust the tiling to suit.
I love that apartment. I use it in a comic of mine.
But a TV is easy. It's just a rectangle. These days tvs can have the image to the edge. So just putting an image on a plane against a wall can be fine. If the OP just needs an image on a wall, a plane in the correct dimensions is really all you need. Set the base image and emission image to whatever you want "on screen". And them make the emission as luminent as you like.
The hard part of a movie theater picture is the curtains. ;)
UV mapping is the main thing
are lots of TVs, screens projectors etc but unless the screen surface uses a whole flat UV tile and separate surface, putting an image on it out of the box, is going to be difficult
create a new surface with the geometry editor
send to Hexagon
select that surface
apply flat mapping on the correct axis and validate and send it back
Xivon's sets have the worst UV mapping for things like TVs and monitors etc by far, all the props are atlassed
its actually stunning how many products don't have flatmapped pictures in frames too, sharing a composite map between a dozen different paintings seems the norm rather than the exception
I made a big picture frame entirely in DS:
The UV for the PICTURE is the size and shape of the plane embedded behind the glass. (I may have the z-rotate wrong and it should be -90. I forget the exact way to flip it.)
The frame's manipulation point is centered on the bottom edge and flush with the back of the frame.
And that's it. No other software is necessary. Wider or thinner initial cubes make different frame sizes.
Attached are a few slightly fancier ones. (They have rounded corners.)
(I'm not sure how to include the textures. And I probably can't redistribute the textures I used anyway.)
I always flat-map my screens to use the whole UV tile. Makes it easier to add options and gives customers the ability to customise easily. E.g.: https://www.daz3d.com/tv-news-vignette
If I get this right, all you want is a custom image on a TV or projector canvas?
Well, one method: create a primitive plane, select its surface, go to Surfaces and load your image into the Base Color.
On the item itself: it depends on the prop. If the main screen surface is a single surface: same as above, select, load image into Base Color.
If the screen itself is not a surface, you might get lucky with the Geometry Editor:
-select prop or switch to Surface Selector and select the main screen, even if that surface goes further to the prop's body
-select Geometry Editor
-right click in viewport and select "Drag" , which should be default
-"paint" across the screen area until it is roughly selected
-press Ctrl-"+" and see if growing the selection gets you the rectangle you want, or at least near what you want
-right click and select Geometry Assignment > Create new Surface from selected"
Now the prop has a new surface in Surfaces Tab: select that surface, load your image into Base Color.
If neither of these work let us know what happens.
I learned how to do this about 2 months ago and I have to say it was the second most important lesson I learned recently.
(The first most was how to consolidate surfaces on primatives using export to OBJ and import. Learned the both at the same time.)
My suggestion is start this lesson with a cube:
I'd add to this that you might also want to put the same image into the Emission Color channel (changing the colour there to white so it emits light and the other settings then show up). Turn off '2-sided light' by clicking the button. Then adjust the Lumens value higher (I'd do about 50,000 lumens on Daz's default settings - less if you're adjusting the Tone Mapper settings for an indoor environment).
This emulates the screen emitting light and will therefore cast light on the objects near it in the scene. Depending on your scene, this can make it more realistic (and the screen shines independently of the lighting around it - so a dark room with a TV on will still show a bright image on the screen, unlike a simple picture).
If you are going for a movie theater screen effect, you might want to check out the Marshian Light Projection System for Iray.
https://www.daz3d.com/marshian-light-projection-system-for-iray
It's a tool that allows you to actually project any image onto a target screen by shining a light through it, just like a real projector.
I have attached a render of a scene I created using this tool. Hope this helps!