Adding to Cart…
Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA
© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.You currently have no notifications.
Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA
© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Comments
Thanks Horo and Hansmar, looking forward to your next image Hansmar.
Hansmar - thank you. I look forward to see with what you come up with.
Here is my latest scene. This one is inspired by the work 'Castle in Spain' by the Dutch fantastic realist painter Carel Willink. He is known for his rather fantastic images, painted in old fashioned detailed techniques. Often his work is considered dark in mood with threatening skies. Greek/Roman classical elements like statues, columns, ruins are common in his works as in several cases are animals that are clearly out of place. If you have never heard of Carel Willink, it is a good idea to look him up. Museum More in the Netherlands has lots of his works.
I spent quite some time creating the terrace and pedestal, and the castle ruins, all by Boolean modelling in Bryce. The terrains are also handmade in Bryce. The statue is Genesis (male) with a cape. I did not find the energy to create the actual cape in the original painting in a modelling tool. Getting the texture of the terrace more or less right was quite a challenge for me. I am not as good in texturing as Horo is. The sky was another challenge. I tried several methods of creatingthe threatening clouds similar to in the painting. In the end I opted for a very large cube far in the back and tilted so that the top is towards the viewer. I used the 'diagonal clouds' (volumetric) with some modifications. The top right cloud is an elongated sphere, behind the first cube cloud, with a heavily modified 'diagonal clouds' texture. In front of the first cloud cube is a much narrower cloud cube, tilted top forward and left, with also a very much modified 'diagonal clouds' texture. I also used 100% cumulus clouds in the sky and some haze. To get sufficient light on the castle ruin, also in the shadows, I used a low level distant light from the right side and a low level spotlight from the front, in addition to the sun from the front/left. The terrain texture is a modfied version of one of the textures by David B and Horo.
Hope you like it.
Hansmar - fantastic scene, really! Great work you have accomplished with this artwork. I do not know Carel Willink but then, I very seldom try to re-create an artistic scene. I usually start with an idea or two and as the work progresses my ideas also change and adapt. I do not have an artist inside me, only fantasy that pushes me here or there.
The terrain and a part of the material are from Terrain Stacking the other part of the material from High Resolution Terrains 3. The ground plane has a material from Vegetation. The city (OldDwellings) is a terrain and with the material made by David Brinnen. Sky and ambient light by the unpublished Illpass HDRI and the key light by the sun. The ruins of an old city on a hill.
Hansmar - marvelous scene, awesome modeling, a Bryce masterpiece; thanks for educating us on the different artists and their works.
Horo - another beautiful realistic scene, wonderful work.
Thank you mermaid.
Double stacked terrain from High Resolution Terrains 1 with materials from the same set. Part of the clouds are from Object Clouds 2D & 3D, the other clouds and the ambient light by the ErnieClouds HDRI (free on my website horo.ch) and the key light by the sun. A rocky hillscape with trenches.
Thanks, Horo and mermaid010. I like to recreate existing scenes as a challenge and to increase my knowledge of the tools I use. Without such a challenge I tend to stick with what I already know (lazy as I am). In this case, e.g. almost everything was a challenge, so good way to spend my time.
Your landscapes are always amazing, Horo! The one with the old dwellings does appear to have a floating mountain, thanks to the fog or haze, I assume. This gives is a mysterious look. The other one has amazing textures.
In memory of Yayoi Kusama, a very famous Japanese artist, that passed away last week, I created the next scene. She is mainly known for her sculptures of pumpkins, her use of polka dots and her infinity rooms (maze-like rooms consisting of mirrors). I combined these three things in one work.
I used a cube on the outside, infinite planes on top and bottom and a couple of perfect mirrors. The man is Genesis 2 with 'Diesel outfit' and Kung Fu hair. The butternut pumpkin is from Sketchfab and the other pumpkin from Free3D, both freebies. I textured them with spots and used four spherical lights: red, yellow, blue and green. Yayoi Kusama also like bright and more or less psychedelic colours.
Hansmar - thank you. Your newest mirror scene looks fascinating and is well done.
Beautiful landscape, Horo, awesome lighting.
Magnificent work Hansmar.
Thank you mermaid.
New one, as another tribute to Kusama. This one is closer to what Kusama has made in the past, though her polkadots on the pumpkins were usually more linearly placed. I have not yet mastered the method to do that (without reverting to picture textures).
Hansmar - very nice result of these mirrored rooms.
Wow, amazing work Hansmar, I had a look at her work, very surreal.
The terrain is from High Resolution Terrains 2 with a material from Grand Mountains. The water is the ground plane with a material from High Resolution Terrains 4. The clouds are from the CloudSphere11 and the ambient light by the belonging SkySC11 HDRI from the Sky Toolbox Expansion 1 and the key light by the sun. The coast in front of a snowy mountainscape.
Wonderful winter scene Horo, the lighting is awesome
Thank you mermaid.
Thanks, Horo and mermaid010. I think my second tribute to Kusama is more to the point than the first one. Calmer and therefore a clearer view too.
It is amazing how you keep making new, different and wonderful terrain renders, Horo!
Thank you Hansmar.
I took the idea from Horo’s Skyscrapers page 42 and used Posterize and the Alt+Posterize on a self-made terrain, material from Hdri 4 Fun, lit by an Hdri from Deep Space 2, and added the moon.
mermaid - oh, that city came out excellent, very well done and interesting scene to kook at,
Very well done space city, mermaid010.
Thanks Horo and Hansmar
The object was made in Wings3D and given my own material. It stands in the world centre. The unpublished 5D-City HDRI lights the object from inside and the colours shine from outside onto the partly transparent and reflecting object. An abstract a bit on the busy side.
Very nice abstract Horo, I agree a bit on the busy side.
Thank you mermaid.
Looks like some folded plastic item, Horo. I like it.
Thank you Hansmar.
Twice the same, one rotated, self made terrains with a material from Landscapes under Fantastic Skies. The water is the ground plane with a material from High Resolution Terrains 4. Sky and ambient light by the WarmAndCloudy HDRI from HDRI Enhanced Skies and the key light by the sun. A rather difficult accessible coast.
I want to congratulate everyone on the great work you’ve shared. I’ve been away because the mother of my siblings passed away on August 11th, and we’ve been on an emotional rollercoaster while handling all the necessary arrangements. I was right there with her at the clinic when she took her last breath. I had to put aside a novel I was close to finishing, as well as several scenes in Bryce, VUE, and MojoWorld. I’m gradually getting back to everything, and I hope to be active again in a few weeks, just as before.
Best regards, and take care.