The Return of the Son of the Complaint Thread

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

nighty night

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,386
    edited December 1969

fisherman's horizon! remember when Balamb garden crashed into it? and Squall reunited with Selphie's mission party. it was some exciting action, but i felt bd for Trabia garden.

Ehh I've never played VIII.

I - Cleared up to Tiamat. Shrine of Earth cleared (Echidna, Two-Headed Dragon, Cerberus), OMEGA Mk1 defeated, Shinryu NOT diffeated.
    II - Cleared multiple times. REBIRTH cleared. Bonus PSP dungeons not fully cleared (Haven't reached Leviathan's stomach in the PSP version)
    III - Cleared up to restoring the Neptune Dragon's eye. (...Or was that IV? I got mixed up but I think it's III.)
    IV - Not sure if I played... I fthis is the one where Bahamut is shown to have biological children (And abducts you in hopes of feeding you to them) then yeah I have. I get III and IV mixed up a lot
    V - Haven't played much (I know of the dragon sacrificing itself to become the Phoenix however)
    VI - Cleared up to Kefka becoming the God of Magic (And I know that when they kill him, all magic in the world disappears. I wonder why this didn't happen in...)
    VI - Never played.
    VI Crisis Core - Mostly completed. Up to where you have to track down the now insane Sephiroth (He reminds me of a certain... Character from another game. The main difference is someone else drvoe that character mad - Seph drove himself insane.)
    VIII - Never played.
    IX - Never played
    X - Cleared up to where you enter Sin.
    X-2 - Never played, but I watched my friend clear most of it.
    XI - Purchased, never played.
    XII - Cleared multiple times. Hell Wyrm defeated, Omega Mk. XII challenged but never defeated. Zodiark defeated.
    XIII - Never played
    XIV - Purchased, have not yet played much. I loved the unique storyline and questline for each race (ANd the player's ship being assaulted by a giant Leviathan was an AWESOME scene for a game. It's the first time since II that you really get a sense for how immense he really is. Unlike II you don't get swallowed by him - he backs out at the last minute some reason.)

Dissidia - Cleared with several characters. Haven't completed "Shinryu's Challenge"
    Dissidia 2 - Same.

• bwaomegabwaomega Posts: 220
    edited December 1969

Vilian said:
    The biggest complaint I've ever contributed to any of complaint thread incarnations... Two days ago my beloved guinea piggy, Pucek, passed away in my arms. We spent six years together and now she's gone - and even though there are still three other piggies left if feels so empty without her.

I am sorry to hear this. And I do understand.

edited December 1969

Leviathan from XIV attacking your ship. He looks cute.

Ff14_leviathan-image.jpg
    539 x 287 - 31K
  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

Morning. Ugh. The headache has returned.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

evening here. Hope the head has gone by now :)

edited December 1969

bwaomega said:
    Vilian said:
    The biggest complaint I've ever contributed to any of complaint thread incarnations... Two days ago my beloved guinea piggy, Pucek, passed away in my arms. We spent six years together and now she's gone - and even though there are still three other piggies left if feels so empty without her.

I am sorry to hear this. And I do understand.

me too *hugs*

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Skiriki said:

evening here. Hope the head has gone by now :)

Nah it is still morning to me, and the silly bugger persists. Ow. Ow.

• FyredrygyonFyredrygyon Posts: 763
    edited December 1969

It took over an hour last night but I finally got Redsaw's super suit to look how I've always imagined it. The reason it took so long was I had to take one pre-set (blood troop from Sci-Fi section) and change all the black chain mail-ish texture into black Kevlar (so it would look spandex-ish). I left the red as it, mostly, but I had to shrink some of the plates.

When I was done and I posed him in his new suit, I was all 'He needs a cape, damn it.' Dug around in my runtime but I didn't have one handy. So I ran to the store and found that there is a cape that was made for the super suit that is 1.99 ^_^. So I bought that, threw it on Red (despite that woman from the Incredibles screaming No Capes in the back of my head), messed with the shadings/textures and I'm now happy.

By then it was ten o'clock and I was falling asleep on the keyboard so I'll have to work up some scene when I come home tonight.

And then it'll be someone else's turn to get their suit done... Sometimes I think I have too many super heroes... Nah, that can't be true.

edited December 1969

Rezca said:

fisherman's horizon! remember when Balamb garden crashed into it? and Squall reunited with Selphie's mission party. it was some exciting action, but i felt bd for Trabia garden.

Ehh I've never played VIII.

I - Cleared up to Tiamat. Shrine of Earth cleared (Echidna, Two-Headed Dragon, Cerberus), OMEGA Mk1 defeated, Shinryu NOT diffeated.
    II - Cleared multiple times. REBIRTH cleared. Bonus PSP dungeons not fully cleared (Haven't reached Leviathan's stomach in the PSP version)
    III - Cleared up to restoring the Neptune Dragon's eye. (...Or was that IV? I got mixed up but I think it's III.)
    IV - Not sure if I played... I fthis is the one where Bahamut is shown to have biological children (And abducts you in hopes of feeding you to them) then yeah I have. I get III and IV mixed up a lot
    V - Haven't played much (I know of the dragon sacrificing itself to become the Phoenix however)
    VI - Cleared up to Kefka becoming the God of Magic (And I know that when they kill him, all magic in the world disappears. I wonder why this didn't happen in...)
    VI - Never played.
    VI Crisis Core - Mostly completed. Up to where you have to track down the now insane Sephiroth (He reminds me of a certain... Character from another game. The main difference is someone else drvoe that character mad - Seph drove himself insane.)
    VIII - Never played.
    IX - Never played
    X - Cleared up to where you enter Sin.
    X-2 - Never played, but I watched my friend clear most of it.
    XI - Purchased, never played.
    XII - Cleared multiple times. Hell Wyrm defeated, Omega Mk. XII challenged but never defeated. Zodiark defeated.
    XIII - Never played
    XIV - Purchased, have not yet played much. I loved the unique storyline and questline for each race (ANd the player's ship being assaulted by a giant Leviathan was an AWESOME scene for a game. It's the first time since II that you really get a sense for how immense he really is. Unlike II you don't get swallowed by him - he backs out at the last minute some reason.)

Dissidia - Cleared with several characters. Haven't completed "Shinryu's Challenge"
    Dissidia 2 - Same.

chocobo world?
    i never played it, i think you need the japanese version hardware to play it.

edited May 2012

i was checking out the new DZ BodJock for Genesis at rmp. it's looking *ahem* rather empty. lol

i ate my lunch for breakfast. mangia - still hungry

no fastgrab to check. mornings aren't as exciting.

actually, now i have home internet, coming to work isn't exciting at all. if it wasn't for the paycheck, prolly wouldn't bother showing up at work. tee hee

Post edited by Mistara on
  • WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I can't find this thread without searching for it today.

What the heck is going on here?!?!? I'm confuzzled.

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Leviathan from XIV attacking your ship. He looks cute.

Great pic!!!!

edited May 2012

@Misty: I played the Playstation 2 Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon (And defeated Leviathan in the bonus dungeon) and the NDS Chocobo Tales. I wanted to play the sequel to that, but it is only for the Wii. They made a handheld version of it but only released it in Japan. Leviathan appears in there but in a much more malicious form than in Dungeon 2 or the first Chocobo Tales. He also bears a striking resemblance to the XIV Leviathan.
    I don't believe I've played any fan translated Final Fantasy games other than Bahamut's Lagoon for the SNES.
    @Wooly: It is an impressive pic. Leviathan doesn't get much love anymore, ever since Bahamut replaced him. I think the last time he got an important role was in IV where he was the king of summons (However Bahamut still asserted his popularity and was the god of summons on the Moon), and I believe the next time he was mentioned in any important way was as a guardian spirit in VII. To be fair Bahamut did come first in Final Fantasy I as the king of dragons and was the one who boosted your class (ie Thief to Ninja, Black Mage to Black Wizard, etc). One of his "subjects" even is living in a nearby town :3
    Leviathan didn't appear until II, and not physically seen until III, but again Bahamut was there and showed up earlier. I wrote a little humorous story where the party couldn't rely on Bahamut getting to them on time because he had a family to look after and they remarked how improbable it was that Levi could get to them faster without even having legs or wings.
    You only get to see Leviathan's innards in II so that can't really count as his first appearance ^_^;
    But yeah while that is a cinematic that you (Don't have to) watch, that's also what the graphics look like in-game surprisingly.
    And this is the great wyrm that attacked those foolish airships (Not sure how many he and his army managed to bring down, but he did take one with him)

FFXIV_Lake_Keeper.jpg
    582 x 498 - 41K
    Post edited by Rezca on
    edited December 1969

I'm getting strange error messages to the effect that preferences can't be found, don't know if it is me or the site so I'm not counting on gettin on every time :)

edited December 1969

complaint: server HD crashed big time, clicking death rattles and error screens I nevah evah saw before. Has service contract, need Apple to do something, pity me :(

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    complaint: server HD crashed big time, clicking death rattles and error screens I nevah evah saw before. Has service contract, need Apple to do something, pity me :(

Oh geez, I'm sorry to hear that. Blech. :bug::gulp:

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

I'm getting strange error messages to the effect that preferences can't be found, don't know if it is me or the site so I'm not counting on gettin on every time :)

Yeah, me too. Just had it happen again. This blows!!

edited December 1969

"The Banshee isn't traditionally evil. She is, however, a harbinger of death. Certain Irish families have a banshee associated with them, and folklore tells that when prominent members of these families die or are near death, the banshee is seen keening for them. She's in the Tain Bo Cuailgne as well, as the Washer at the Ford -- before the great battle, a woman is seen washing bloody garments at the ford where Cuchulain will eventually be forced to kill his friend Fergus. So her association with death has, because of people's fear of death, bled over into a general association with Bad Things. Disney hasn't helped any; "Darby O'Gill" was about the first vehicle to bring popular American attention to the banshee, and in it she was an evil being. Few people know any better nowadays."

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

That's happened to me all morning. It has eaten many a post of mine so far.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    ps1borg said:

Thankfully I haven't lost a post, but it's bothering me a lot. Grrrr!

edited December 1969

My head continues to hurt, albeit on lower levels.

Managed to play with some tentacle monsters and test renders.

I have to go and check my eyes for post-LASIK control next Monday; if my eyesight is over +/-1 of what they gave me after LASIK, I'll get corrections for free.

My new fridge will arrive on Tuesday.

Hectic times are ahead.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited May 2012

Jaderail said:
    ps1borg said:

Thankfully I haven't lost a post, but it's bothering me a lot. Grrrr!

I rebooted my system and logged on again. It seems to have stopped.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    My head continues to hurt, albeit on lower levels.

Managed to play with some tentacle monsters and test renders.

I have to go and check my eyes for post-LASIK control next Monday; if my eyesight is over +/-1 of what they gave me after LASIK, I'll get corrections for free.

My new fridge will arrive on Tuesday.

Hectic times are ahead.

Blech on your headache! I hope it goes away soonest!

Here's hoping your eyes are ok, and cool about the new fridge!! :coolsmile:

edited December 1969

is it Friday yet?

didya know there's a writers forum at R?

I'm ready for a beach drink and a foot massage :)

i is fighting with the dreamweaver layers. i want to nest a layer and am trying to drop it on the mother layer in the layer side box, but it won't highlight, dangnabbit.

the dw encoder converted my one 80mb Cararra mildragon QT render into 680kb flv. it's showing some banding in the clouds. and it gives a choice of different skins to add player controls to the webpage. i should try one of my camera QTs from the duck pond. see how the quality changes with the encoder

do i wanna change

charset=iso-8859-1  to UTF-8
    ?

i decided to start a page from scratch following the tuts, instead of using a template.

it's slow going.

edited December 1969

teeee heeee heeee 'mark of the web' roflmao

edited December 1969

Blech on your headache! I hope it goes away soonest!

It will. After a week of different sort of pain.

Here's hoping your eyes are ok, and cool about the new fridge!! :coolsmile:

I'm pretty sure that my eyes are gonna be OK; there's some weakening again (happened every time I get new glasses -- first six months are sparkly clear, and then everything begins to blur again), but not as much as before. Probably as I'm getting older...

Yep. I picked A++ class fridge when it came to energy consumption (approximate energy consumption will be 111 kHw/year, vs 350+ or so what we got now), so I'm gonna save some bucketloads of moolah that way.

edited December 1969

I'm a gonna try and name all of the characters on this pic just because I'm bored.
    From Top Left to right:
    Row 1: Alexander Xanatos, Broadway, Bodhe, Brooklyn, Yama, Dingo, ???, Fox, The Archmage, MacBeth
    Row 2: Wolf, Una, The Weird Sisters*, ???, Lexington, Gabriel, Thailog, Finella, Hudson, ???
    Row 3: Boudicca, Brooklyn, Constantine(?), Captain Chavez, The Banshee, PUCK!, Petros Xanatos, Odin, Derek/Talon, Demona
    Row 4: Fang, ???, Hyena, ???, The Magus, Gillcomgain, Goliath, Duncan, Renard, Angela
    Row 5: ???, Coldstone, ???, Preston Vogel, Othellia(?), Tom, ???, Titania, The Weird Sisters, Captain of the Guard (Robbie)
    Row 6: Tom, Obsidiana, Owen Burnett, ???, Anton Sevarius, ???, Jackal, ???, Bronx, Coyote the Trickster
    Row 7: ???, Princess Katherine, Vinnie, (Unnamed^), Zafiro, "Glasses", Mary, Tony Dracon, Leo, Princess Katherine
    Row 8: Jason Canmore, Yama, Maggie the Cat, Jon Canmore, ???, Arthur Pendragon, ???, Claw, Martin Hacker, Jeffery
    Row 9: ???, Hakon, David Xanatos, Griff, Derek, Preston Vogel, Titania, (Unnamed^^), MacBeth, Margot, The Magus
    Row 10: Matt, ???, Captain Chavez, Fleance, Coldstone, Banquo, Coyote(Robot), Morgan, Xanatos (In his power armor), Oberon
    *From left to right, the sisters are Selene the Sister of Vengeance/Fury, Phoebe the Sister of Grace, and Luna the Sister of Fate.
    ^ - As per gargoyle tradition, individuals have no names. However in the credits he is named Iago.
    ^^ - As per gargoyle tradition, individuals have no names. However in the credits she is named Desdemona.
    Please don't hate me for posting this D:

101.jpg.png
    500 x 500 - 559K
    edited May 2012

heavy sigh

it looks so different between FF and IE.
    i tried changing absolute position to relative. there's choices between xhtml strict, transitional,

duckpond.flv - muted swan

would anyone like to try to see how it looks in your browser?
    It's the duckpond video clip, about 600kb

Post edited by Mistara on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610
    edited December 1969

is it Friday yet?

didya know there's a writers forum at R?

I'm ready for a beach drink and a foot massage :)

i is fighting with the dreamweaver layers. i want to nest a layer and am trying to drop it on the mother layer in the layer side box, but it won't highlight, dangnabbit.

the dw encoder converted my one 80mb Cararra mildragon QT render into 680kb flv. it's showing some banding in the clouds. and it gives a choice of different skins to add player controls to the webpage. i should try one of my camera QTs from the duck pond. see how the quality changes with the encoder

do i wanna change

charset=iso-8859-1  to UTF-8
    ?

i decided to start a page from scratch following the tuts, instead of using a template.

it's slow going.

Which R has a writing forum?
This discussion has been closed.