The Return of the Son of the Complaint Thread

Comments

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

would anyone like to try to see how it looks in your browser?

Doesn't look bad in Opera, although I wish there were more page elements around so I could say for certain if the look is as intended. :)

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Blech, this persons code that I've taken over is hideous and 100% comment-free. >:-( It's giving me indigestion!

I wanna go hooooooooommmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Sigh.. to get a new laptop, or just deal with my slow one? Argh. Meh.

edited December 1969

Is this a trick question?

New laptop, of course.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,327
    edited December 1969

Always get a new computer. It will make you feel better.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,678
    edited December 1969

Blech, this persons code that I've taken over is hideous and 100% comment-free. >:-( It's giving me indigestion!

I wanna go hooooooooommmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Sigh.. to get a new laptop, or just deal with my slow one? Argh. Meh.

Can you afford a new notebook computer?

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I can afford, and desire, ONE of the things in this list:

- Guitar and effects pedal
    - Keyboard/syntheizer
    - Faster laptop
    2 days of 24/7 partying at gentlemans clubs

My current laptop is ancient - a Pentium dual-core T4400 that benchmarks at 1540, a Core i3 2350M system (for around $450) benchmarks at 2990, a Core i5 2450M system (around $500) benchmarks at 3420. Even the lower-end system is nearly twice as fast as my wheezy little Asus..

BUT (you KNEW there was a BUT, right?)..

80% of what I do is surf the Web, listen to music, or write. Maybe 2 times a week I'll compose music. maybe twice a month I'll render something. It's only in serious renders or huge compositions that the machine really shows its age. HOWEVER, it's pretty old and I suspect things will start going wrong with it - and I got it refurbished, too, so it wasn't new.

Urgh. Back to fixing Other Peoples Mistakes(tm).

edited December 1969

I was thinking of letting cat out of bag saying. People are wondering how that phrase started, but I am wondering is how did they get the cat in the bag in the first place. I tried to put a cat in a bag (a big gift bag) but as soon as he was in he was trying to figure out how to get out. He got out of the bag about two to five seconds later. A cat only will stay in a bag if he wants to stay in the bag. It is no surprise to watch someone put a cat in a bag and three seconds pass and then the cat comes out of the bag.

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,389
    edited May 2012

I was thinking of letting cat out of bag saying. People are wondering how that phrase started, but I am wondering is how did they get the cat in the bag in the first place.

...Yeah
    Well from what I understand it didn't have anything to do with an actual feline, but a (weapon?) known as a Cat-o'-nine-tails or something along that name. It was like a whip, and letting the "cat" out of the bag was something similar to revealing that whip - not actually presenting a bag with a feline in it.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat_o'_nine_tails
    Post edited by Rezca on
  • M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited May 2012

Here's hoping your eyes are ok, and cool about the new fridge!! :coolsmile:

I'm pretty sure that my eyes are gonna be OK; there's some weakening again (happened every time I get new glasses -- first six months are sparkly clear, and then everything begins to blur again), but not as much as before. Probably as I'm getting older...
    Oh, you've been through that "Lasik" process? I've been pondering that (wearing glasses since, oh, early 80s) - my eyes are deteriorating slowly, although the glasses still give me adequate vision (checked / changed every few years etc)... several colleagues here have had it with much success -- to avoid derailing the complaints, can you perhaps PM me your experiences and thoughts about it? (^/\^)

Post edited by M F M on
  • RezcaRezca Posts: 3,389
    edited May 2012

CS6 and C4D: A Perfect Match

Check out Cinema 4D’s unmatched integration with CS6 at the "Adobe Creative Suite 6 Production Premium Road Show." Stop by the Maxon station for a personal demo of how Cinema 4D integrates perfectly with AE’s new
    camera tracker.
    Road Show Stops:

June 5 - New York, NY
    June 7 - Orlando, FL
    June 11 - Washington, D.C.
    June 14 - Atlanta, GA
    June 19 - Dallas, TX
    June 21 - Chicago, IL
    June 26 - San Francisco, CA
    June 30 - Los Angeles, CA

http://www.adobecs6roadshow.com/
    Post edited by Rezca on
  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Morning. Bookmarks seems to work this morning for this site, so I guess the problems aren't at my end after all woohoo, couldn't cope another config problem right now :)

complaint: another dead HDD in my apple mini server, clicks of death and error screens I never saw before. "You aren't supposed to see those", the Apple guy tells me when I take the mini for repair. Well, next time I'll wear sunglasses or something - gotta laugh :)

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    I was thinking of letting cat out of bag saying. People are wondering how that phrase started, but I am wondering is how did they get the cat in the bag in the first place.

...Yeah
    Well from what I understand it didn't have anything to do with an actual feline, but a (weapon?) known as a Cat-o'-nine-tails or something along that name. It was like a whip, and letting the "cat" out of the bag was something similar to revealing that whip - not actually presenting a bag with a feline in it.

You can never know when the longcat will appear, or from which bag :)

edited December 1969

- Keyboard/syntheizer
    - Faster laptop

ssnipp

Party on dude, what else is there?

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

is it Friday yet?

didya know there's a writers forum at R?

I'm ready for a beach drink and a foot massage :)

i is fighting with the dreamweaver layers. i want to nest a layer and am trying to drop it on the mother layer in the layer side box, but it won't highlight, dangnabbit.

the dw encoder converted my one 80mb Cararra mildragon QT render into 680kb flv. it's showing some banding in the clouds. and it gives a choice of different skins to add player controls to the webpage. i should try one of my camera QTs from the duck pond. see how the quality changes with the encoder

do i wanna change

charset=iso-8859-1  to UTF-8
    ?

i decided to start a page from scratch following the tuts, instead of using a template.

it's slow going.

Which R has a writing forum?

Rendo. we we're discussing manga stories and they added a manga category to the Gallery. really kewl !

edited December 1969

wow the price of Hard Drives doubled since the last time I bought

edited May 2012

Skiriki said:
    would anyone like to try to see how it looks in your browser?

Doesn't look bad in Opera, although I wish there were more page elements around so I could say for certain if the look is as intended. :)

Thanks

The swan video is .flv. the little flash button is .swf.

figured out the layer nesting, haz to hold ctrl key while dropping

when it gets to the point it looks nice, i'll put it up as template - iffn anyone would like to use it

Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

- Keyboard/syntheizer
    - Faster laptop

ssnipp

Party on dude, what else is there?

did someone spell PARTY?

a month to 4-July, there is all ready the sound of fire crackers from my neighbors

i wonder if lil gecko is out there, what if he can't the thread?

which reminds, still have to watch Rango. oddly, been in a Shrek mood lately.

Farscape and Lexx series both have living ships.

Farscape got pretty dark in the later seasons, surprising for a Jim Henson production. though that swedish chef was sort of mccab in the kitchen. they let him run the projector in the Muppet movie.?

Remember Sprocket from Fraggle Rock?

edited December 1969

mangia?

chip deluxe peanutbutter cup cookies. nomms wantz some?

needz milllllllk

edited December 1969

can yoo just imagine our runtime figures in their library thumbnails, like the Brady Bunch, looking around and smiling at each other lol

who knows what they're doing when the screensavers kick in - tee hee hee

edited December 1969

can yoo just imagine our runtime figures in their library thumbnails, like the Brady Bunch, looking around and smiling at each other lol

who knows what they're doing when the screensavers kick in - tee hee hee

Yes can actually, turns the whole artificial intelligence thing into an oxymoron :)

edited December 1969

Worked today, but got sent home early. How am I going to get the hours I need if I keep getting sent home early?

edited December 1969

Rezca said:

Nnnnope.

Here.

edited December 1969

I was trying to think of a last name for a character who has the first name of Edward. I thought of Edward Anderson but the guy who owns the place I work is named Ed Anderson and Ed is short for Edward. I looked at some people's last names as they gave me their credit cards (to pay for their order). I saw the name Collins. I thought about going with that but after thinking about it I realized that will not work either. I asked my manager for a last name idea. He suggested something beginning with the letter W but I forgot what it was.

edited December 1969

Actually technically there is nothing wrong with Edward Collins.

edited June 2012

but then my searches with Google has shown me that it might not be a great name to use after all. grrr.

Edit: Okay this time I am using edit. Sorry I am a bit tired since it is almost two am. I forgot to use edit instead of reply. I tried searching for Edmund Collins and did not get the same problem. I was thinking of adding a character who went by the name Eddie. I made him up a couple years ago.

Edit again Eddie Collins was a baseball player before my time, before my mum's time. He died before my mum was born.

Why do cats like to sit on my table? I try to take them off but they just get back on the table. Okay I just took Melody off the table and she is now staying off for a while.

Post edited by Sfariah D on
    edited December 1969

Melody is back on the table.

edited December 1969

Cats like to be where you, mommy cat, are. You're the Queen, they're your followers. They want to bask in your light.

edited December 1969

any moar photos of nice kittehs ? Haz cake *blink blink*

cakesss.jpg
    600 x 428 - 65K
  • FyredrygyonFyredrygyon Posts: 763
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

any moar photos of nice kittehs ? Haz cake *blink blink*

mmm cake.... I gained ten pounds just looking at that.

Planning on going to the gym tonight and swimming for at least part of the time. My knee was bothering me off and on yesterday so I may have set the speed on the treadmill too high. So water aerobics today.

edited December 1969

I was trying to think of a last name for a character who has the first name of Edward. I thought of Edward Anderson but the guy who owns the place I work is named Ed Anderson and Ed is short for Edward. I looked at some people's last names as they gave me their credit cards (to pay for their order). I saw the name Collins. I thought about going with that but after thinking about it I realized that will not work either. I asked my manager for a last name idea. He suggested something beginning with the letter W but I forgot what it was.

Eddie is on the Iron Maiden covers. RIP Edward T. -

This discussion has been closed.