Ice Dragon Art WIP's

IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
edited November 2015 in Art Studio

Thought I would start a thread to put my work in as I go along.  I'm very new and I thought it would be cool to have something from the very beginning.  Suggestions are welcome, but please be kind.

Post edited by IceDragonArt on

Comments

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    edited November 2015

The important bits are covered for record.

Arriving.png
    949 x 759 - 1017K

I'm not sure if its bad or good that no one commented lol.

• Hey Sonja, just found this.  I've been kind of ofline with my frustrating bear cub.  I like this.  You might want to consider playing with the lighting a little bit to accent your character more.  Maybe have an aura around her inside the glowy bits.  Right now she seems to get a little lost inside the glowy chamber.  It is intersting, though. Did you do a primitive cylinder with a shader for the glowy bit or was that from something you downloaded?  Great start.

edited November 2015

The cylinder is a freebie I came across.  I think I might pull in a little closer to the girl and give the glowey bits a try. I was having a devil of a time getting the light to glow on the walls until I realized I needed to change the opacity of they cylinder lol.  And thank you!

Hey Sonja, just found this.  I've been kind of ofline with my frustrating bear cub.  I like this.  You might want to consider playing with the lighting a little bit to accent your character more.  Maybe have an aura around her inside the glowy bits.  Right now she seems to get a little lost inside the glowy chamber.  It is intersting, though. Did you do a primitive cylinder with a shader for the glowy bit or was that from something you downloaded?  Great start.

And I love your bear cub lol! He will be worth the effort

edited November 2015

I did this one for the newbie November Contest.  Considering that this is only like the the third full render I had done, I was very pleased with the way it turned out.  And very grateful for all information, sharing, and help I recieved during the contest.

Discovering Wonder.jpg
    800 x 800 - 171K
    edited November 2015

Need a good title for this.  Any suggestions would be welcome.  I think I might be getting the hang of this just a little bit.  So this is render number 6.

Wrapped in Flames.jpg
    407 x 660 - 143K
  • isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601

Looks good Sonja! As for a title for the last image, I think no one is better equipped to come up with that than you, the creator of it. Knowing the story behind it and all that. As you now have it for your avatar and changed your name I would think something with Ice Dragon would be appropriate, but there isn't really anything in the image that connects to Ice Dragon I think..

It looks like some kind of summoner/conjurer/sorcerer, or possibly even that she materializes from the smoke, as the feet can't be seen.

isidorn said:

Looks good Sonja! As for a title for the last image, I think no one is better equipped to come up with that than you, the creator of it. Knowing the story behind it and all that. As you now have it for your avatar and changed your name I would think something with Ice Dragon would be appropriate, but there isn't really anything in the image that connects to Ice Dragon I think..

It looks like some kind of summoner/conjurer/sorcerer, or possibly even that she materializes from the smoke, as the feet can't be seen.

Thanks Isidorn!  I'm TERRIBLE at naming things lol.  I will be changing the avatar again, I just wasn't happy with the quality of the first render I had in there. 

edited November 2015

The first one is pre post work. The rest are postwork , one cropped to just show the twins and one portrait so you can kind of see the make up I did on the redhaired fairy.

Autumn Fairy Twins.jpg
    800 x 494 - 291K
    Autumn Forest Fairy Twins Post Work 3.jpg
    1235 x 1627 - 2M
    Autumn Forest Fairy Twins Post Work Faces.jpg
    618 x 502 - 285K
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

Beautiful Renders Sonja

Thank you Saphirewild! 

• You've got some really nice renders going on here, Sonja! Well done! Very well done!

Cheers,

Kath

Thank you Kath!

• AJ2112AJ2112 Posts: 1,416

Very cool ! Your renders look wonderful yes

• Very nice Sonja!!! I like your latest render.  Great job!!

Thank you Awesomefb and Knittingmommy!  Having way to much fun lol!

edited January 2016

I am so excited!!  This render, done in Bryce won the best new Bryce render. I am just blown away. 

edited January 2016

This was my submission for the December newbie contest, Winter.  I didn't win but I had fun and learned a ton!

Winter Wolves.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 900K
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited January 2016

I am so excited!!  This render, done in Bryce won the best new Bryce render. I am just blown away. 

Great job, congrats!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

You deserved the accolade.  Two weeks using Bryce and you can enter a render like that.  You certainly deserved to be the best New Brycer for December.

Chohole said:

You deserved the accolade.  Two weeks using Bryce and you can enter a render like that.  You certainly deserved to be the best New Brycer for December.

Wow thank you so much!  I think its a great program and am looking forward to learning to use it to its full advantage!

Thank you Fixmypcmike!

• I am so excited!!  This render, done in Bryce won the best new Bryce render. I am just blown away. 

I'm impressed!! And only two weeks?  I've played around with Bryce a little and still don't quite have it figured out yet.  I'll get there someday.  I might have to hit you up for some tips next time I give it a try.  wink

I'm impressed!! And only two weeks?  I've played around with Bryce a little and still don't quite have it figured out yet.  I'll get there someday.  I might have to hit you up for some tips next time I give it a try.  wink

Thanks!  I watch a LOT of you tube videos lol.  Horo has some awesome easy to follow tutorials, that really helped a lot. 

• I am so excited!!  This render, done in Bryce won the best new Bryce render. I am just blown away. 

Thanks!  I watch a LOT of you tube videos lol.  Horo has some awesome easy to follow tutorials, that really helped a lot. 

Yes, that is how I learn a lot of this stuff, too.  I have several of Horo's and David Brennen's tutorials bookmarked on Youtube.  It is just a matter of actually making the time to sit down and do while watching.

Yes, that is how I learn a lot of this stuff, too.  I have several of Horo's and David Brennen's tutorials bookmarked on Youtube.  It is just a matter of actually making the time to sit down and do while watching.

That is one of my biggest challenges lol.  TIME! to do the fun stuff.

• EtriganEtrigan Posts: 603

I'm not sure if its bad or good that no one commented lol.

Hi Sonja,

I like this piece. I am a storyteller with my works, and this needs a bit more in it to make it a story IMHO. But, the lighting, pose, and background are great.

• KA1KA1 Posts: 1,012

Oh wow, only just found your Art Studio thread and your Bryce Render just left me speechless!! After I picked my jaw up off the floor I checked through the others too, I'm loving seeing the progress you have made and continue to make, you seem to pick things up really quickly! I spent a few weeks on Bryce back in 2012 (as well as Daz) but ended up uninstalling everything and giving up until March 2015 - I still haven't braved tackling Bryce again yet but am loving Daz Studuio nowadays :)

Keep up the great renders!!

Etrigan you are right it is missing something and at some point (when I've learned a bit more) I will probably revisit.

Thank you KA1 I really appreciate your comments!  Horo has some really amazing, easy to follow you tube videos for Bryce that really helped a lot.  I love to learn new things and while I had just started back into 2d art (long hiatus while raising the children, I dabbled but never sat down and got serious, there was never any time!) something was missing.  Then I found Daz and Bryce and felt like I had come home.  I'm really excited about the possibilities here.

This discussion has been closed.