Ice Dragon Art WIP's

Comments

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    edited January 2016

One of my first tries with SimTeneros randomizer.  I can't even tell you how much fun I am having creating new characters.  And practicing my Iray skils (which are pretty much non existent at the moment but I am learning)

Fiona Iray.png
    772 x 684 - 885K
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on
  • KA1KA1 Posts: 1,012
    Beautiful render!

Thank you KA1!

• TeofaTeofa Posts: 823

Really a nice Bryce render.   I've tried Bryce, it keeps telling me I'm not worthy and refuses to do my bidding.

Thank you Teofa!  Its been.... interesting to say the least.  But  I really like the possibilities of Bryce. Not enough time in the day to learn as much as I would like.

edited January 2016

Playing with the randomizer.  Really really love this product.  You will be seeing more characters because this script is just ridiculously fun to play with.

Alleya with Attitude Resized.png
    494 x 800 - 749K
    edited January 2016

And another random click

Draya Character.png
    510 x 826 - 555K

Oh gosh I saw her in the gallery and thought wow, what a tough punk halfling!

edited January 2016

And one more.  This one is my favorite so far I think.  Trying to learn Iray as I go as well and this is the best  I have been able to do so far.

Danicka Character Gen 2F.png
    504 x 504 - 381K
    edited January 2016
    Teofa said:

Oh gosh I saw her in the gallery and thought wow, what a tough punk halfling!

I know, I loved the look of attitude!  and she isn't a perfect model either.  She will be a great addition to my efforts at story telling lol.

Yes she is real and flawed and dynomite!

Thank you!

I completely ignored that randomizer in the store thinking it would just be some gimmicky script with no real use, after seeing yours )and some other threads!) I stand corrected, I should have picked it up when I could, for now though its waiting patiently in my wish list!
    KA1 said:
    I completely ignored that randomizer in the store thinking it would just be some gimmicky script with no real use, after seeing yours )and some other threads!) I stand corrected, I should have picked it up when I could, for now though its waiting patiently in my wish list!

I thought the same thing!  But I had my coupon and with the sale and the discount I figured what the heck right?  Definitely worth it.

• Nice characters, Sonja.  I like what you've been doing.  I haven't had a chance to play with this yet.  I got side tracked with a couple of other projects.  I'll have to see about giving this a whirl over the weekend.  Your Iray skills look like they are definitely improving!!  I haven't done anything in 3Delight like I promised I would so I can't actually say the same.  blush  I think your girl in Iray up there looks pretty good!!!  Keep it up!!!

Nice characters, Sonja.  I like what you've been doing.  I haven't had a chance to play with this yet.  I got side tracked with a couple of other projects.  I'll have to see about giving this a whirl over the weekend.  Your Iray skills look like they are definitely improving!!  I haven't done anything in 3Delight like I promised I would so I can't actually say the same.  blush  I think your girl in Iray up there looks pretty good!!!  Keep it up!!!

Thank you so much!  I think I am up to page 24 of the iray thread lol.  A lot of it is way over my head but bits are starting to make sense.  Also watching sickleyeilds you tube videos as well. 

The randomizer, oh my gosh I think its turning into one of my all time favorite things ever.  And sometimes, its hilariously funny!  I love the real world look I am getting for a lot of the character, not perfect models but people. (or elves or whatever lol)

In this hobby of Glitzed up Vickies real characters are a treat.

Teofa said:

In this hobby of Glitzed up Vickies real characters are a treat.

I totally agree!

edited January 2016

speaking of SickleYield.  This very nice free gift from him came out before you started this stuff,  Buried in the Freepository.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/31058/sy-impractical-rogue-g

Post edited by Teofa on
    Teofa said:

speaking of SickleYield.  This very nice free gift from him came out before you started this stuff,  Buried in the Freepository.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/31058/sy-impractical-rogue-g

Thank you!  That is a great outfit i am sure I will find a lot of use for

flat heeeeeels!!!!

Teofa said:

flat heeeeeels!!!!

Yes!!! Thank God lol!

edited January 2016

The Destroyer - this is actually the type of art that I was doing before Daz studio.  I was just very pleased with how this one turned out and technically the tentacles area 3d stock resource.

The Destroyer.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 346K

That is a freaking EPIC image - awesome!!

KA1 said:

That is a freaking EPIC image - awesome!!

Thank you!  I am very very happy with this one it actually looks exactly like it looked in my head lol.

edited January 2016

Pre DAZ?  What media were you working in?  No wonder you are progressing so fast, that image is pretty awesome.  Cept I hates tentacles.  Brrrrrrrr.

Post edited by Teofa on
    edited January 2016
    Teofa said:

Pre DAZ?  What media were you working in?  No wonder you are progressing so fast, that image is pretty awesome.  Cept I hates tentacles.  Brrrrrrrr.

Well, this piece I did tonight.  But I started out as a traditional artist (hobbyist) as far back as I can remember. ( we didn't have programs like photoshop or daz when I was growing up lol).  I pretty much stopped almost all of it except the occaisional sketch or drawing while we were raising our kids.  My youngest is 18 months away from graduating from college.  I picked up the traditional art again about 4 years ago and started playing with photoshop and a tablet about 2 years ago.  Really loved the versatility of the tablet and photoshop when it came to doing art so I started to incorporate the digital art with the more traditional art that I was used to and it seemed to be a good fit for me and what I wanted to do.  Then I found Daz.  I'm super excited to learn 3d art and am very excited about the possibilities combined with post work.  But I do want my 3d work to be the best it can be BEFORE it goes to postwork which is why I haven't done a lot of postwork on my 3d art yet.  I'm afraid I will get lazy lol and cut corners because I know I can do it in postwork.

My oldest is at West Point, younger still at home but working.  I have too much free time. Yah, no neat stuff growing up :).  I remember playing in MS paint when I got my first comp.

Ya my oldest graduated college 2 years ago and has been out of the house a couple of years.  Megan is almost done with nursing school but still lives at home.  Its nice now that they are grown and basically fend for themselves lol.  Now if I just didnt need that pesky day job.... I also make lampwork beads as a side business so I don't have a huge amount of free time but a lot more than I used to.

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795

Wow, I'm impressed that is cool work, ( and a bit jealous... kids are still small, time is short and my skills lay undeveloped since adult life began...).  By the way do you have a place at dA?

This discussion has been closed.